Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mapk1
Description: mitogen activated protein kinase 1
Alias: ERK-2, ERT1, Erk2, p42-MAPK, mitogen-activated protein kinase 1, MAP kinase 1, MAP kinase 2, MAP kinase isoform p42, MAPK 1, MAPK 2, extracellular-signal-regulated kinase 2, mitogen-activated protein kinase 2
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Shi Z, Abraham G, Tarbell J. Shear stress modulation of smooth muscle cell marker genes in 2-D and 3-D depends on mechanotransduction by heparan sulfate proteoglycans and ERK1/2. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12196 pubmed publisher..This study has implications in understanding the flow-related mechanobiology in vascular lesion formation, tumor cell invasion, and stem cell differentiation. ..
- Nemoto S, Taguchi K, Matsumoto T, Kamata K, Kobayashi T. Pravastatin normalizes ET-1-induced contraction in the aorta of type 2 diabetic OLETF rats by suppressing the KSR1/ERK complex. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2012;303:H893-902 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that in type 2 diabetic rats, pravastatin normalizes ET-1-induced contraction in aortic smooth muscle via a suppression of PP2A/KSR1/ERK activities after an enhancement of Src kinase activity. ..
- Karim F, Wang C, Gereau R. Metabotropic glutamate receptor subtypes 1 and 5 are activators of extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling required for inflammatory pain in mice. J Neurosci. 2001;21:3771-9 pubmed..We show that activation of mGluR1 and mGluR5 leads to activation of ERK1 and ERK2 in the spinal cord...
- Robinson F, Whitehurst A, Raman M, Cobb M. Identification of novel point mutations in ERK2 that selectively disrupt binding to MEK1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:14844-52 pubmedExtracellular signal-regulated kinases 1 and 2 (ERK1 and ERK2) are essential components of pathways through which signals received at membrane receptors are converted into specific changes in protein function and gene expression...
- Ishihara K, Tsutsumi K, Kawane S, Nakajima M, Kasaoka T. The receptor for advanced glycation end-products (RAGE) directly binds to ERK by a D-domain-like docking site. FEBS Lett. 2003;550:107-13 pubmed..These data suggest that ERK may play a role in RAGE signaling through direct interaction with RAGE. ..
- Kovacs K, Hanto K, Bognar Z, Tapodi A, Bognar E, Kiss G, et al. Prevalent role of Akt and ERK activation in cardioprotective effect of Ca(2+) channel- and beta-adrenergic receptor blockers. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009;321:155-64 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrated for the first time that activation of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase (PI-3K)-Akt and ERK2 pathways significantly contributed to cardioprotective effects of a Ca(2+) antagonist and a beta-adrenergic ..
- Zhou J, Zhang H, Lin Y, Liu H, Cui Y, Xu Y, et al. Protective effect of ginsenoside against acute renal failure via reduction of renal oxidative stress and enhanced expression of ChAT in the proximal convoluted tubule and ERK1/2 in the paraventricular nuclei. Physiol Res. 2014;63:597-604 pubmed
- Wang X, Zhu Y, Tao H, Jin C, Liu Y, Lu X, et al. Interaction of ERK1/2 and Smad2/3 signaling pathways in TGF-?1-induced TIMP-3 expression in rat chondrocytes. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2014;564:229-36 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that ERK1/2 may be capable of activating the Smad2/3 signaling pathway to result in TGF-?1-induced TIMP-3 up-regulation. ..
- Carretero L, Llavona P, LÃ³pez HernÃ¡ndez A, Casado P, Cutillas P, de la PeÃ±a P, et al. ERK and RSK are necessary for TRH-induced inhibition of r-ERG potassium currents in rat pituitary GH3 cells. Cell Signal. 2015;27:1720-30 pubmed publisher..The activating residues of Erk2 and Erk1 undergo phosphorylation increases of 5.26 and 4...
- Katz S, Boland R, Santillan G. Modulation of ERK 1/2 and p38 MAPK signaling pathways by ATP in osteoblasts: involvement of mechanical stress-activated calcium influx, PKC and Src activation. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;38:2082-91 pubmed..This effect also involves upstream mediators such as PI-PLC, PKC and Src family kinases. ..
- Shi X, Fu D, Xu J, Zhang Y, Dai R. Activation of spinal ERK1/2 contributes to mechanical allodynia in a rat model of postoperative pain. Mol Med Rep. 2013;7:1661-5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the present study indicates that the transient activation of spinal ERK1/2 contributes to the initiation of pain hypersensitivity following surgical incision. ..
- Li D, Jiao J, Shatos M, Hodges R, Dartt D. Effect of VIP on intracellular [Ca2+], extracellular regulated kinase 1/2, and secretion in cultured rat conjunctival goblet cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:2872-84 pubmed publisher..VIP-stimulated secretion was inhibited by siRNA for ERK2 but not by siRNA for EGFR. VIP did not increase the phosphorylation of the EGFR...
- Yong Y, Ming Z, Feng L, Chun Z, Hua W. Electromagnetic fields promote osteogenesis of rat mesenchymal stem cells through the PKA and ERK1/2 pathways. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2016;10:E537-E545 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study showed that EMF promoted MSC osteogenesis and that the EMF-induced osteogenic markers were mediated by both the PKA and MAPK signalling pathways. Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Gulappa T, Menon B, Menon K. Hypusination of eukaryotic initiation factor 5A via cAMP-PKA-ERK1/2 pathway is required for ligand-induced downregulation of LH receptor mRNA expression in the ovary. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015;413:90-5 pubmed publisher..GC7 treatment also reversed LHR mRNA downregulation. Taken together, these results suggest that hCG-induced LHR mRNA downregulation is mediated by cAMP-PKA-ERK1/2 signaling leading to activation of eIF5A hypusination. ..
- Zhao J, Liu J, Pang X, Zhang X, Wang S, Wu D. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate inhibits angiotensin II-induced C-reactive protein generation through interfering with the AT1-ROS-ERK1/2 signaling pathway in hepatocytes. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2016;389:1225-1234 pubmed
- Queisser N, Schupp N, Schwarz E, Hartmann C, MacKenzie G, Oteiza P. Aldosterone activates the oncogenic signals ERK1/2 and STAT3 via redox-regulated mechanisms. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:1868-1883 pubmed publisher..Ald-mediated promotion of cell survival and DNA damage could result in kidney cell transformation and initiation of cancer in hypertensive patients with hyperaldosteronism. ..
- Hatano N, Mori Y, Oh Hora M, Kosugi A, Fujikawa T, Nakai N, et al. Essential role for ERK2 mitogen-activated protein kinase in placental development. Genes Cells. 2003;8:847-56 pubmedExtracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 (ERK2) has been implicated in cell proliferation, differentiation, and survival. However, its role in vivo remains to be determined...
- Perlson E, Hanz S, Ben Yaakov K, Segal Ruder Y, Seger R, Fainzilber M. Vimentin-dependent spatial translocation of an activated MAP kinase in injured nerve. Neuron. 2005;45:715-26 pubmed..such as in the case of axon to cell body signaling after nerve injury? Here, we show that the MAP kinases Erk1 and Erk2 are phosphorylated in sciatic nerve axoplasm upon nerve injury, concomitantly with the production of soluble forms ..
- Lal H, Verma S, Smith M, Guleria R, Lu G, Foster D, et al. Stretch-induced MAP kinase activation in cardiac myocytes: differential regulation through beta1-integrin and focal adhesion kinase. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2007;43:137-47 pubmed..Beta1 integrin was required for FAK independent activation of all three MAP kinases, whereas cross-talk between beta1 integrin and Ang II receptors mediated FAK dependent regulation of ERK1/2. ..
- He F, Wu L, Shu K, Liu F, Yang L, Zhou X, et al. HGF protects cultured cortical neurons against hypoxia/reoxygenation induced cell injury via ERK1/2 and PI-3K/Akt pathways. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2008;61:290-7 pubmed..It is likely that Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL contribute to the protective effects of HGF. ..
- Feng W, Zhang K, Liu Y, Chen J, Cai Q, Zhang Y, et al. Apocynin attenuates angiotensin II-induced vascular smooth muscle cells osteogenic switching via suppressing extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2. Oncotarget. 2016;7:83588-83600 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, pretreatment with U0126, an inhibitor of ERK1/2, had similar effects with apocynin. Apocynin may act as a novel molecular candidate to protect against VSMCs osteogenic switching through suppressing ERK1/2 pathway. ..
- El Tanbouly D, Wadie W, Sayed R. Modulation of TGF-?/Smad and ERK signaling pathways mediates the anti-fibrotic effect of mirtazapine in mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;329:224-230 pubmed publisher..The current study indicates that mirtazapine suppressed 5-HT-mediated TGF-?1/Smad3 and ERK1/2 signaling pathways as well as oxidative stress that contribute to the progression of liver fibrosis. ..
- Sampey B, Stewart B, Petersen D. Ethanol-induced modulation of hepatocellular extracellular signal-regulated kinase-1/2 activity via 4-hydroxynonenal. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:1925-37 pubmed
- Duan Z, Zhang X, Zhu G, Gao Y, Xue X. Activation of mGluR4 promotes proliferation of rat neural progenitor cells while mediating activation of ERK1/2 signaling pathway. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2013;59 Suppl:OL1809-17 pubmed..This study will help to develop a new potential therapeutic agent for brain injury and for the prevention of neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Emrick M, Lee T, Starkey P, Mumby M, Resing K, Ahn N. The gatekeeper residue controls autoactivation of ERK2 via a pathway of intramolecular connectivity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:18101-6 pubmed..We report that, in the MAP kinase ERK2, mutations at the gatekeeper residue unexpectedly lead to autoactivation due to enhanced autophosphorylation of ..
- Singru P, Sanchez E, Acharya R, Fekete C, Lechan R. Mitogen-activated protein kinase contributes to lipopolysaccharide-induced activation of corticotropin-releasing hormone synthesizing neurons in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus. Endocrinology. 2008;149:2283-92 pubmed publisherTo determine whether the p44/p42 MAPK (ERK1/2) signaling pathway is involved in the activation of CRH-containing neurons in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus (PVN) after bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) administration, Sprague ..
- Jing L, Li W, Zhou L, Li S, Kou J, Song J. Expression of renin-angiotensin system and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors in alcoholic cardiomyopathy. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2008;32:1999-2007 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RAS is activated during the development of ACM. Moreover, ERK1/2 plays a key role in the regulation of protein expression of PPARalpha and PPARgamma by RAS in ACM. ..
- Li Y, Run L, Shi T, Zhang Y. CTRP9 regulates hypoxia-mediated human pulmonary artery smooth muscle cell proliferation, apoptosis and migration via TGF-?1/ERK1/2 signaling pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1319-1325 pubmed publisher..Our study, for the first time, established that CTRP9 plays a protective role of CTRP9 in pulmonary vascular remodeling, pointing to its potential clinical value for patients with PAH. ..
- Martinelle N, Holst M, Soder O, Svechnikov K. Extracellular signal-regulated kinases are involved in the acute activation of steroidogenesis in immature rat Leydig cells by human chorionic gonadotropin. Endocrinology. 2004;145:4629-34 pubmed
- Button L, Mireylees S, Germack R, Dickenson J. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and ERK1/2 are not involved in adenosine A1, A2A or A3 receptor-mediated preconditioning in rat ventricle strips. Exp Physiol. 2005;90:747-54 pubmed..In contrast ERK1/2 and PI3-kinase-dependent pathways do appear to be involved in early hypoxic preconditioning. ..
- Pinzar E, Wang T, Garrido M, Xu W, Levy P, Bottari S. Angiotensin II induces tyrosine nitration and activation of ERK1/2 in vascular smooth muscle cells. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5100-4 pubmed..MEK inhibitor U0126 did not affect ERK nitration but completely blocked activation. These data indicate that Ang II nitrates and activates ERK1/2 via a reactive species-sensitive pathway. ..
- Romano D, Magalon K, Pertuit M, Rasolonjanahary R, Barlier A, Enjalbert A, et al. Conditional overexpression of the wild-type Gs alpha as the gsp oncogene initiates chronic extracellularly regulated kinase 1/2 activation and hormone hypersecretion in pituitary cell lines. Endocrinology. 2007;148:2973-83 pubmed..Overexpression of the wild-type G(s)alpha protein as the gsp oncogene initiated chronic activation of endogenous prolactin synthesis and release, as well as chronic activation of ERK1/2-sensitive human prolactin and GH promoters. ..
- Wiegert J, Bengtson C, Bading H. Diffusion and not active transport underlies and limits ERK1/2 synapse-to-nucleus signaling in hippocampal neurons. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:29621-33 pubmed..Using the photobleachable and photoactivable fluorescent tag Dronpa on ERK1 and ERK2, we show here that ERK1/2 translocation to the nucleus of hippocampal neurons is induced by the stimulation of N-..
- Ponnusamy M, Liu N, Gong R, Yan H, Zhuang S. ERK pathway mediates P2X7 expression and cell death in renal interstitial fibroblasts exposed to necrotic renal epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;301:F650-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data reveal that necrotic RPTC induces P2X7 expression in renal fibroblasts through activation of the MEK1-ERK1/2-Elk1 signaling pathway...
- Mustafa S, Castro R, Falck A, Petershack J, Henson B, Mendoza Y, et al. Protein kinase A and mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways mediate cAMP induction of alpha-epithelial Na+ channels (alpha-ENaC). J Cell Physiol. 2008;215:101-10 pubmed..Cross talk between these signaling pathways induced by DbcAMP via the activation of CREB appears to contribute to increased levels of alpha-ENaC observed after 24 h of treatment in SMG-C6 epithelial cells. ..
- Yu Y, Zhao F, Chen J. Activation of ERK1/2 in the primary injury site is required to maintain melittin-enhanced wind-up of rat spinal wide-dynamic-range neurons. Neurosci Lett. 2009;459:137-41 pubmed publisher..We conclude that peripheral ERKs pathway in the primary injury site is required to maintain melittin-enhanced wind-up of rat spinal cord wide-dynamic-range neurons. ..
- García Hernández V, Sarmiento N, Sánchez Bernal C, Matellán L, Calvo J, Sánchez Yagüe J. Modulation in the expression of SHP-1, SHP-2 and PTP1B due to the inhibition of MAPKs, cAMP and neutrophils early on in the development of cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in rats. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:192-201 pubmed publisher
- Hernández Reséndiz S, Zazueta C. PHO-ERK1/2 interaction with mitochondria regulates the permeability transition pore in cardioprotective signaling. Life Sci. 2014;108:13-21 pubmed publisher..Signaling complexes including PHO-ERK, PHO-Akt, PHO-eNOS and caveolin-3 contribute to cardioprotection by directly targeting the mitochondrial proteome and regulating the opening of the permeability transition pore in this model. ..
- Liu P, Feng J, Kong F, Lu Q, Xu H, Meng J, et al. Gax inhibits perivascular preadipocyte biofunction mediated by IGF-1 induced FAK/Pyk2 and ERK2 cooperative pathways. Cell Signal. 2014;26:3036-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that FAK/Pyk2 and ERK1/2 cooperative activation mediated by IGF-1 is essential for PVAC functions, and Gax is a promising candidate gene to interfere with these signaling pathways and inhibit PVAC functions. ..
- Wang P, Wang L, Wang S, Li S, Li Y, Zhang L. Effects of calcium-sensing receptors on apoptosis in rat hippocampus during hypoxia/reoxygenation through the ERK1/2 pathway. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:10808-15 pubmed..05). The results suggest that CaSR might play significant roles in the induction of hippocampus apoptosis in rat during H/R through phosphorylation of ERK1/2. ..
- Li J, Cui B, Qi L, Li X, Deng L, Ning G, et al. NMDA enhances stretching-induced differentiation of osteoblasts through the ERK1/2 signaling pathway. Bone. 2008;43:469-75 pubmed publisher..ERK1/2 signaling may be the common pathway in the increased response to stretching in the presence of NMDA in osteoblastic cells. ..
- Nutter F, Haylor J, Khwaja A. Inhibiting ERK Activation with CI-1040 Leads to Compensatory Upregulation of Alternate MAPKs and Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 following Subtotal Nephrectomy with No Impact on Kidney Fibrosis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0137321 pubmed publisher..Thus inhibition of ERK1/2 activation has no therapeutic effect on kidney fibrosis in SNx possibly due to increased compensatory activation of the p38 and JNK signalling pathways with subsequent upregulation of PAI-1. ..
- Jones N, Bergeron M. Hypoxia-induced ischemic tolerance in neonatal rat brain involves enhanced ERK1/2 signaling. J Neurochem. 2004;89:157-67 pubmed..These findings suggest that activation of ERK1/2 signaling may contribute to hypoxia-induced tolerance in neonatal rat brain in part by preserving vascular and white matter integrity after HI. ..
- Won M, Park K, Byun H, Kim Y, Choi B, Hong J, et al. Protein kinase SGK1 enhances MEK/ERK complex formation through the phosphorylation of ERK2: implication for the positive regulatory role of SGK1 on the ERK function during liver regeneration. J Hepatol. 2009;51:67-76 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, SGK1 mediated the phosphorylation of ERK2 on Ser(29) in a serum-dependent manner...
- Tang X, Shen X, HUANG Y, Chen R, Ren Y, Fang H, et al. Inhibition of endogenous hydrogen sulfide generation is associated with homocysteine-induced neurotoxicity: role of ERK1/2 activation. J Mol Neurosci. 2011;45:60-7 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests a promising future of H(2)S-based therapies for neurodegenerative diseases such as AD. ..
- Wei Y, Zhi Hong W, Gui Xing Q, Bin Y, Jun C, Yi Peng W. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase inhibition modulates rat annulus fibrosus cell response to interleukin-1. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2013;38:E1075-81 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IL-1 induces an imbalance between anabolic and catabolic events in AF cells, ERK inhibition could provide some protection against the adverse effects of IL-1. N/A. ..
- Fan M, Rhee J, St Pierre J, Handschin C, Puigserver P, Lin J, et al. Suppression of mitochondrial respiration through recruitment of p160 myb binding protein to PGC-1alpha: modulation by p38 MAPK. Genes Dev. 2004;18:278-89 pubmed..The discovery of p160MBP as a PGC-1alpha regulator has important implications for the understanding of energy balance and diabetes. ..
- Higuchi T, Orita T, Katsuya K, Yamasaki Y, Akiyama K, Li H, et al. MUC20 suppresses the hepatocyte growth factor-induced Grb2-Ras pathway by binding to a multifunctional docking site of met. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:7456-68 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that MUC20 is a novel regulator of the Met signaling cascade which has a role in suppression of the Grb2-Ras pathway. ..
- Dunn H, Walther C, Godin C, Hall R, Ferguson S. Role of SAP97 protein in the regulation of corticotropin-releasing factor receptor 1 endocytosis and extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 signaling. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:15023-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies show that SAP97 interactions with CRFR1 attenuate CRFR1 endocytosis and that SAP97 is involved in coupling G protein-coupled receptors to the activation of the ERK1/2 signaling pathway. ..
- Garakani K, Shams H, Mofrad M. Mechanosensitive Conformation of Vinculin Regulates Its Binding to MAPK1. Biophys J. 2017;112:1885-1893 pubmed publisher..Recently, an interaction between mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK1) and vinculin was experimentally shown to mediate this process...
- Weng Y, Aroor A, Shukla S. Ethanol inhibition of angiotensin II-stimulated Tyr705 and Ser727 STAT3 phosphorylation in cultured rat hepatocytes: relevance to activation of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase. Alcohol. 2008;42:397-406 pubmed publisher..Ethanol potentiation of MAPK signaling without suppression of STAT3 function may modulate the course of alcoholic liver injury. ..
- Houck K, Fox T, Sandirasegarane L, Kester M. Ether-linked diglycerides inhibit vascular smooth muscle cell growth via decreased MAPK and PI3K/Akt signaling. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;295:H1657-68 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies identify ether-linked DGs as potential adjuvant therapies to limit vascular smooth muscle migration and mitogenesis in atherosclerotic and restenotic models...
- Vogel R, Garten A, Klammt J, Barnikol Oettler A, Kiess W. Activation of Erk1/2 phosphorylation but not of Akt/Pkb through an inducible CSF1R/IRR-receptor construct in INS-1E beta-cells. Arch Physiol Biochem. 2010;116:128-36 pubmed publisher..Protein kinase b was not phosphorylated and also an effect on proliferation and apoptosis of INS-1E could not be demonstrated. Thus, no obvious biologic function of the IRR is present in INS-1E beta-cells. ..
- Chaturvedi K, Sarkar D. Involvement of protein kinase C-dependent mitogen-activated protein kinase p44/42 signaling pathway for cross-talk between estradiol and transforming growth factor-beta3 in increasing basic fibroblast growth factor in folliculostellate cells. Endocrinology. 2004;145:706-15 pubmed..These data suggest that an estradiol receptor-independent protein kinase C- activated Ras-dependent MAPK pathway is involved in the cross-talk between TGF-beta3 and estradiol to increase bFGF production and/or release from FS cells. ..
- Peng C, Pan S, Guh J, Liu Y, Chang Y, Kuo S, et al. The indazole derivative YD-3 inhibits thrombin-induced vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and attenuates intimal thickening after balloon injury. Thromb Haemost. 2004;92:1232-9 pubmed..Moreover, YD-3 also shows a developmental potential in the treatment of atherosclerosis and restenosis after vascular injury. ..
- Schallenberg M, Charalambous P, Thanos S. GM-CSF regulates the ERK1/2 pathways and protects injured retinal ganglion cells from induced death. Exp Eye Res. 2009;89:665-77 pubmed publisher..Like in vitro, GM-CSF counteracts the staurosporine-induced cell death in vivo and protects RGCs from axotomy-induced degeneration. Our data suggest that GM-CSF might be a novel therapeutic agent in neuropathic disease of the eye. ..
- Li L, Fan D, Wang C, Wang J, Cui X, Wu D, et al. Angiotensin II increases periostin expression via Ras/p38 MAPK/CREB and ERK1/2/TGF-?1 pathways in cardiac fibroblasts. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;91:80-9 pubmed publisher..The activation of the Ras/p38 MAPK/CREB pathway is required for AngII-induced periostin expression. ERK1/2 also participates in AngII-induced periostin expression by regulating TGF-?1/Smad signalling. ..
- Alzayadneh E, Chappell M. Angiotensin-(1-7) abolishes AGE-induced cellular hypertrophy and myofibroblast transformation via inhibition of ERK1/2. Cell Signal. 2014;26:3027-35 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ang-(1-7) may provide an additional therapeutic approach to the conventional RAS blockade regimen to attenuate AGE-dependent renal injury. ..
- Ganay T, Asraf H, Aizenman E, Bogdanovic M, Sekler I, Hershfinkel M. Regulation of neuronal pH by the metabotropic Zn(2+)-sensing Gq-coupled receptor, mZnR/GPR39. J Neurochem. 2015;135:897-907 pubmed publisher..This mechanism may serve to protect neurons from excessive decreases in pHe during acidosis. Hence, mZnR/GPR39 signaling provides a homeostatic adaptive process for regulation of intracellular and extracellular pH changes in the brain. ..
- Kim M, Park J, Choi E, Park H. Presenilin acts as a positive regulator of basal level activity of ERK through the Raf-MEK1 signaling pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;332:609-13 pubmed..Furthermore, Elk-1 transcription activity also down-regulates in PS1(-/-) MEF cells. Collectively, our data suggest that PS can modulate the basal level of ERK activity through the Raf-MEK-dependent pathway. ..
- Xiao B, Han F, Wang H, Shi Y. Single-prolonged stress induces increased phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase in a rat model of post-traumatic stress disorder. Mol Med Rep. 2011;4:445-9 pubmed publisher..Quantitatively, the expression of pERK protein level was significantly increased in the SPS rats. The results suggest that the ERK signal transduction pathway may play a crucial role in the pathology of PTSD. ..
- Aroor A, Jackson D, Shukla S. Elevated activation of ERK1 and ERK2 accompany enhanced liver injury following alcohol binge in chronically ethanol-fed rats. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2011;35:2128-38 pubmed publisher..increase (compared with chronic ethanol alone) in the phosphorylation of extracellular regulated kinase 1 (ERK1), ERK2, and RSK. Phosphorylation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) and p38 MAPK did not increase by the binge...
- Poddar R, Rajagopal S, Shuttleworth C, Paul S. Zn2+-dependent Activation of the Trk Signaling Pathway Induces Phosphorylation of the Brain-enriched Tyrosine Phosphatase STEP: MOLECULAR BASIS FOR ZN2+-INDUCED ERK MAPK ACTIVATION. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:813-25 pubmed publisher..BDNF/Trk/PKA mediated signaling is required for Zn(2+)-induced phosphorylation of extracellular regulated kinase 2 (ERK2), a substrate of STEP that is involved in Zn(2+)-dependent neurotoxicity...
- Limpert A, Karlo J, Landreth G. Nerve growth factor stimulates the concentration of TrkA within lipid rafts and extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation through c-Cbl-associated protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5686-98 pubmed..the neuronal differentiation of PC12 cells through the action of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 (ERK1) and ERK2. Upon NGF binding, TrkA translocates and concentrates in cholesterol-rich membrane microdomains or lipid rafts, ..
- Tsuda Y, Kanje M, Dahlin L. Axonal outgrowth is associated with increased ERK 1/2 activation but decreased caspase 3 linked cell death in Schwann cells after immediate nerve repair in rats. BMC Neurosci. 2011;12:12 pubmed publisher..Outgrowing axons influence ERK 1/2 activation and apoptosis of Schwann cells. ..
- Zhu P, Chen J, Guo H, Fan X, Zhang X, Fan R, et al. Matrine inhibits disturbed flow-enhanced migration via downregulation of ERK1/2-MLCK signaling vascular smooth muscle cells. Ann Vasc Surg. 2012;26:268-75 pubmed publisher..Matrine inhibits VSMC migration under disturbed flow, in part, by downregulation of ERK1/2-MLCK signaling pathway. ..
- Li G, Zhou F, Gong Y, Cui W, Yuan Y, Song W, et al. Activation of VEGF and ERK1/2 and improvement of urethral function by adipose-derived stem cells in a rat stress urinary incontinence model. Urology. 2012;80:953.e1-8 pubmed publisher..The activation of vascular endothelial growth factor and ERK1/2 may be responsible for the paracrine effects from ADSCs. ..
- Dacquin R, Davey R, Laplace C, Levasseur R, Morris H, Goldring S, et al. Amylin inhibits bone resorption while the calcitonin receptor controls bone formation in vivo. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:509-14 pubmed..Thus, amylin is a physiological regulator of bone resorption that acts through an unidentified receptor. ..
- Li H, Wang A, Huang Y, Liu D, Wei C, Williams G, et al. Isorhapontigenin, a new resveratrol analog, attenuates cardiac hypertrophy via blocking signaling transduction pathways. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005;38:243-57 pubmed..These findings suggest that ISO prevents the development of cardiac hypertrophy through an antioxidant mechanism involving inhibition of different intracellular signaling transduction pathways. ..
- Mancinelli R, Onori P, Gaudio E, Demorrow S, Franchitto A, Francis H, et al. Follicle-stimulating hormone increases cholangiocyte proliferation by an autocrine mechanism via cAMP-dependent phosphorylation of ERK1/2 and Elk-1. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G11-26 pubmed publisher..Silencing of FSH gene decreases cholangiocyte proliferation and ERK1/2 and Elk-1 phosphorylation. Modulation of cholangiocyte FSH expression may be important for the management of cholangiopathies. ..
- Syed I, Kyathanahalli C, Jayaram B, Govind S, Rhodes C, Kowluru R, et al. Increased phagocyte-like NADPH oxidase and ROS generation in type 2 diabetic ZDF rat and human islets: role of Rac1-JNK1/2 signaling pathway in mitochondrial dysregulation in the diabetic islet. Diabetes. 2011;60:2843-52 pubmed publisher..We provide the first in vitro and in vivo evidence in support of an accelerated Rac1-Nox-ROS-JNK1/2 signaling pathway in the islet ?-cell leading to the onset of mitochondrial dysregulation in diabetes. ..
- Zhang K, Ding W, Sun W, Sun X, Xie Y, Zhao C, et al. Beta1 integrin inhibits apoptosis induced by cyclic stretch in annulus fibrosus cells via ERK1/2 MAPK pathway. Apoptosis. 2016;21:13-24 pubmed publisher..Further work is necessary to fully elucidate the pathophysiological mechanisms that underlie IVDD caused by unbalanced dynamic and static forces. ..
- Cheng Y, Liu M. Modulation of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and oxidative stress through protein kinase C and P42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase in lead increases lipopolysaccharide-induced liver damage in rats. Shock. 2005;24:188-93 pubmed..Thus, Pb increased LPS-induced liver damage through PKC and p42/44 MAPK modulation of TNF-alpha and oxidative stress, but modulation of TNF-alpha did not affect NO or LPO in rats. ..
- Funaki C, Hodges R, Dartt D. Role of cAMP inhibition of p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase in potentiation of protein secretion in rat lacrimal gland. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C1551-60 pubmed..The latter three agonists are known to activate p44/p42 MAPK. p44/p42 MAPK activity and protein secretion were measured...
- Matsuoka Y, Yang J. Selective inhibition of extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2 blocks nerve growth factor to brain-derived neurotrophic factor signaling and suppresses the development of and reverses already established pain behavior in rats. Neuroscience. 2012;206:224-36 pubmed publisher..siRNA experiments indicated that both ERK1 or ERK2 can signal suggesting that both pathways must be blocked to prevent NGF-induced increase in BDNF mRNA. I.p...
- Campos C, Wright J, Czaja K, Ritter R. CCK-induced reduction of food intake and hindbrain MAPK signaling are mediated by NMDA receptor activation. Endocrinology. 2012;153:2633-46 pubmed publisher..We conclude that activation of NMDA receptors in the hindbrain is necessary for CCK-induced ERK1/2 phosphorylation in the NTS and consequent reduction of food intake. ..
- Bouallegue A, Daou G, Srivastava A. Nitric oxide attenuates endothelin-1-induced activation of ERK1/2, PKB, and Pyk2 in vascular smooth muscle cells by a cGMP-dependent pathway. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H2072-9 pubmed..It may be suggested that NO-induced generation of cGMP contributes to the inhibition of ET-1-induced mitogenic and hypertrophic responses in VSMCs. ..
- Gao Y, Shan Y, Pan M, Wang Y, Tang L, Li H, et al. Protein kinase C-dependent activation of P44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase and heat shock protein 70 in signal transduction during hepatocyte ischemic preconditioning. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:1019-27 pubmed..HSP expression is regulated by signals in PKC dependent P44/42 MAPKs pathway. ..
- Saba El Leil M, Vella F, Vernay B, Voisin L, Chen L, Labrecque N, et al. An essential function of the mitogen-activated protein kinase Erk2 in mouse trophoblast development. EMBO Rep. 2003;4:964-8 pubmedThe closely related mitogen-activated protein kinase isoforms extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 (ERK1) and ERK2 have been implicated in the control of cell proliferation, differentiation and survival...
- Fiedler B, Feil R, Hofmann F, Willenbockel C, Drexler H, Smolenski A, et al. cGMP-dependent protein kinase type I inhibits TAB1-p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase apoptosis signaling in cardiac myocytes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:32831-40 pubmed..Together, our data identify a novel interaction between the cGMP target PKG I and the TAB1-p38 MAPK signaling pathway that serves as a defense mechanism against myocardial I/R injury. ..
- Xue X, Zhou X, Wei W, Chen T, Su Q, Tao J, et al. Alisol A 24-Acetate, a Triterpenoid Derived from Alisma orientale, Inhibits Ox-LDL-Induced Phenotypic Transformation and Migration of Rat Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells through Suppressing ERK1/2 Signaling. J Vasc Res. 2016;53:291-300 pubmed publisher..The results of this study demonstrate that alisol A 24-acetate effectively reverses the phenotypic transformation and inhibits the migration of VSMCs, which may be associated with the suppression of the ERK1/2 signaling pathway. ..
- Dalle S, Longuet C, Costes S, Broca C, Faruque O, Fontes G, et al. Glucagon promotes cAMP-response element-binding protein phosphorylation via activation of ERK1/2 in MIN6 cell line and isolated islets of Langerhans. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20345-55 pubmed
- Hsieh H, Wu C, Hwang T, Yen M, Parker P, Yang C. BK-induced cytosolic phospholipase A2 expression via sequential PKC-delta, p42/p44 MAPK, and NF-kappaB activation in rat brain astrocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2006;206:246-54 pubmed..Understanding the regulation of cPLA2 expression induced by BK in astrocytes might provide a new therapeutic strategy of brain injury and inflammatory diseases. ..
- Glauser D, Schlegel W. Sequential actions of ERK1/2 on the AP-1 transcription factor allow temporal integration of metabolic signals in pancreatic beta cells. FASEB J. 2007;21:3240-9 pubmed..This ERK1/2-AP-1 module can function as a temporal integrator converting metabolic stimuli of different durations into differential transcriptional outputs. ..
- Parmar M, Jaumotte J, Wyrostek S, Zigmond M, Cavanaugh J. Role of ERK1, 2, and 5 in dopamine neuron survival during aging. Neurobiol Aging. 2014;35:669-79 pubmed publisher..These data raise the possibility that a decline in ERK5 signaling may play a role in age-related impairments in dopaminergic function. ..
- Wu H, Yang S, Dai J, Qiu Y, Miao Y, Zhang X. Combination of early and delayed ischemic postconditioning enhances brain-derived neurotrophic factor production by upregulating the ERK-CREB pathway in rats with focal ischemia. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:6427-34 pubmed publisher..In addition, it induces the production of BDNF in neurons and astrocytes. Furthermore, the effects of combinative ischemic postconditioning may be mediated by the activation of ERK1/2 and CREB. ..
- Xu J, Keeton A, Franklin J, Li X, Venable D, Frank S, et al. Insulin enhances growth hormone induction of the MEK/ERK signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:982-92 pubmed..These findings suggest that insulin may be necessary for sensitization of cells to GH-induced ERK1/2 activation and provides a potential cellular mechanism by which insulin promotes growth. ..