Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lrat
Description: lecithin retinol acyltransferase
Alias: lecithin retinol acyltransferase, lecithin-retinol acyltransferase (phosphatidylcholine-retinol-O-acyltransferase), phosphatidylcholine--retinol O-acyltransferase
- Alapatt P, Guo F, Komanetsky S, Wang S, Cai J, Sargsyan A, et al. Liver retinol transporter and receptor for serum retinol-binding protein (RBP4). J Biol Chem. 2013;288:1250-65 pubmed publisher..In addition, expression of RBPR2 in liver and fat suggests a possible role in mediating established metabolic actions of RBP4 in those tissues. ..
- Randolph R, Ross A. Vitamin A status regulates hepatic lecithin: retinol acyltransferase activity in rats. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:16453-7 pubmedThe activity of lecithin:retinol acyltransferase (LRAT) was determined in microsomes from the liver and small intestine of rats with differing vitamin A status...
- Cia D, Bonhomme B, Azaïs Braesco V, Cluzel J, Doly M. Uptake and esterification of vitamin A by RCS rat retinal pigment epithelial cells in primary culture. Vision Res. 2004;44:247-55 pubmed..Our results provide evidence of a functional retinol esterifying enzyme in cultured RCS RPE cells and suggest that CRBP-I could play a role in the uptake and esterification of ROL in the RPE cells. ..
- Zolfaghari R, Ross A. An essential set of basic DNA response elements is required for receptor-dependent transcription of the lecithin:retinol acyltransferase (Lrat) gene. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2009;489:1-9 pubmed publisherLecithin:retinol acyltransferase (LRAT) is essential for vitamin A storage. Nuclear run-on assays demonstrated transcriptional regulation of the Lrat gene in vivo by all-trans-retinoic acid (RA) and other retinoids. Analysis of a 2...
- Napoli J. Physiological insights into all-trans-retinoic acid biosynthesis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1821:152-67 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Retinoid and Lipid Metabolism. ..
- Mondal M, Ruiz A, Bok D, Rando R. Lecithin retinol acyltransferase contains cysteine residues essential for catalysis. Biochemistry. 2000;39:5215-20 pubmedb>Lecithin retinol acyltransferase (LRAT) is an essential enzyme in vitamin A metabolism and mobilization...
- Kim Y, Wassef L, Hamberger L, Piantedosi R, Palczewski K, Blaner W, et al. Retinyl ester formation by lecithin: retinol acyltransferase is a key regulator of retinoid homeostasis in mouse embryogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5611-21 pubmed..We investigated the role of retinyl ester formation catalyzed by lecithin:retinol acyltransferase (LRAT) in regulating retinoid homeostasis during embryogenesis...
- Shimada T, Ross A, Muccio D, Brouillette W, Shealy Y. Regulation of hepatic lecithin:retinol acyltransferase activity by retinoic acid receptor-selective retinoids. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1997;344:220-7 pubmedThe microsomal enzyme LRAT esterifies retinol and has been implicated in the hepatic storage of vitamin A...
- Takitani K, Miyazaki H, Fukunishi S, Takaya R, Yoden A, Higuchi K, et al. Altered expression of both ?-carotene 15,15' monooxygenase and lecithin:retinol acyltransferase in obese Zucker rats. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2011;57:108-13 pubmed..We examined the expression of genes for ?-carotene 15,15' monooxygenase (BCM), lecithin:retinol acyltransferase (LRAT), cellular retinol binding protein-I (CRBP-I), and cytochrome P450 26A1 (CYP26A1) in fa/fa rats and lean control ..
- Harrison E. Mechanisms involved in the intestinal absorption of dietary vitamin A and provitamin A carotenoids. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1821:70-7 pubmed publisher..Polymorphisms in genes for these proteins lead to individual variability in the metabolism and transport of vitamin A and carotenoids. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled Retinoid and Lipid Metabolism. ..
- Matsuura T, Ross A. Regulation of hepatic lecithin: retinol acyltransferase activity by retinoic acid. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1993;301:221-7 pubmedThe activity of the hepatic enzyme lecithin: retinol acyltransferase (LRAT), thought to catalyze the esterification of retinol for storage, was previously shown to vary directly with the vitamin A (retinol) status of the rat [Randolph, R...
- MacDonald P, Ong D. Evidence for a lecithin-retinol acyltransferase activity in the rat small intestine. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:12478-82 pubmed