Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lpin1
Description: lipin 1
Alias: phosphatidate phosphatase LPIN1
- Han S, Bahmanyar S, Zhang P, Grishin N, Oegema K, Crooke R, et al. Nuclear envelope phosphatase 1-regulatory subunit 1 (formerly TMEM188) is the metazoan Spo7p ortholog and functions in the lipin activation pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:3123-37 pubmed publisher..The nuclear fraction of lipin-1b is increased when CTDNEP1 and NEP1-R1 are co-expressed. Therefore, NEP1-R1 is functionally conserved from yeast to humans and functions in the lipin activation pathway. ..
- Huang H, Gao Q, Peng X, Choi S, Sarma K, Ren H, et al. piRNA-associated germline nuage formation and spermatogenesis require MitoPLD profusogenic mitochondrial-surface lipid signaling. Dev Cell. 2011;20:376-87 pubmed publisher..We propose that mitochondrial-surface PA generated by MitoPLD/Zuc recruits or activates nuage components critical for piRNA production. ..
- Langner C, Birkenmeier E, Ben Zeev O, Schotz M, Sweet H, Davisson M, et al. The fatty liver dystrophy (fld) mutation. A new mutant mouse with a developmental abnormality in triglyceride metabolism and associated tissue-specific defects in lipoprotein lipase and hepatic lipase activities. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:7994-8003 pubmed..This mutation could serve as a useful model for (i) analyzing the homeostatic mechanisms controlling lipid metabolism in newborn mice and (ii) understanding and treating certain inborn errors in human triglyceride metabolism. ..
- Manmontri B, Sariahmetoglu M, Donkor J, Bou Khalil M, Sundaram M, Yao Z, et al. Glucocorticoids and cyclic AMP selectively increase hepatic lipin-1 expression, and insulin acts antagonistically. J Lipid Res. 2008;49:1056-67 pubmed publisher..Selective lipin-1 expression explains the GC and cAMP effects on increased hepatic PAP1 activity, which occurs in hepatic steatosis during starvation, diabetes, stress, and ethanol consumption. ..
- Verheijen M, Chrast R, Burrola P, Lemke G. Local regulation of fat metabolism in peripheral nerves. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2450-64 pubmed..However, several such genes, including SREBP-1, SREBP-2, and Lpin1, are also expressed in the endoneurium...
- Kim H, Kumar A, Wang L, Liu G, Keller S, Lawrence J, et al. Lipin 1 represses NFATc4 transcriptional activity in adipocytes to inhibit secretion of inflammatory factors. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3126-39 pubmed publisher..These observations place lipin 1 as a potentially important link between triacylglycerol synthesis and adipose tissue inflammation. ..
- Mitra M, Schilling J, Wang X, Jay P, Huss J, Su X, et al. Cardiac lipin 1 expression is regulated by the peroxisome proliferator activated receptor ? coactivator 1?/estrogen related receptor axis. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2011;51:120-8 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that the expression of the gene encoding lipin 1 (Lpin1) is under the control of the estrogen-related receptors (ERRs) and their coactivator the peroxisome proliferator-..
- Mul J, Nadra K, Jagalur N, Nijman I, Toonen P, Medard J, et al. A hypomorphic mutation in Lpin1 induces progressively improving neuropathy and lipodystrophy in the rat. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:26781-93 pubmed publisherThe Lpin1 gene encodes the phosphatidate phosphatase (PAP1) enzyme Lipin 1, which plays a critical role in lipid metabolism...
- Croce M, Eagon J, LaRiviere L, Korenblat K, Klein S, Finck B. Hepatic lipin 1beta expression is diminished in insulin-resistant obese subjects and is reactivated by marked weight loss. Diabetes. 2007;56:2395-9 pubmed..These studies suggest that hepatic lipin 1beta and PGC-1alpha expression are downregulated by obesity and obesity-related metabolic perturbations in human subjects, likely due to alterations in insulin concentration or sensitivity. ..
- Chen S, Zhuang X, Liu Y, Sun A, Chen C. Expression and significance of lipin1 and AMPK? in hepatic insulin resistance in diet-induced insulin resistance rats. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2012;120:84-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that the decrease in lipin1 expression and AMPK? activation may contribute to hepatic insulin resistance in diet-induced obese rats. ..
- Lecker S, Jagoe R, Gilbert A, Gomes M, Baracos V, Bailey J, et al. Multiple types of skeletal muscle atrophy involve a common program of changes in gene expression. FASEB J. 2004;18:39-51 pubmed..Thus, different types of muscle atrophy share a common transcriptional program that is activated in many systemic diseases. ..