Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Loxl1
Description: lysyl oxidase-like 1
Alias: lysyl oxidase homolog 1
- Fan B, Pasquale L, Rhee D, Li T, Haines J, Wiggs J. LOXL1 promoter haplotypes are associated with exfoliation syndrome in a U.S. Caucasian population. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:2372-8 pubmed publisherb>LOXL1 is a major genetic risk factor for exfoliation syndrome (ES) and exfoliation glaucoma (EG)...
- Cao L, Wang J, Tseu I, Luo D, Post M. Maternal exposure to endotoxin delays alveolarization during postnatal rat lung development. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2009;296:L726-37 pubmed publisher..This morphological delay in alveolar development disappeared after PN14. Tropoelastin, LOXL1, VEGF, VEGFR2, and PDGFRalpha mRNA expression of LPS-exposed animals was significantly greater than those of ..
- Behmoaras J, Slove S, Seve S, Vranckx R, Sommer P, Jacob M. Differential expression of lysyl oxidases LOXL1 and LOX during growth and aging suggests specific roles in elastin and collagen fiber remodeling in rat aorta. Rejuvenation Res. 2008;11:883-9 pubmed publisher..Gene knockout studies in mice suggested a role for lysyl oxidase-like (LOXL1) in adult elastin synthesis and a role for its isoform, lysyl oxidase (LOX), in the synthesis of both collagens ..
- Yu H, Liu X, Kiss S, Connolly E, Gragoudas E, Michaud N, et al. Increased choroidal neovascularization following laser induction in mice lacking lysyl oxidase-like 1. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:2599-605 pubmed publisher..This study investigated the influence of defective elastic fiber maintenance in the development of laser-induced CNV...
- Hayashi K, Cao T, Passmore H, Jourdan Le Saux C, Fogelgren B, Khan S, et al. Progressive hair loss and myocardial degeneration in rough coat mice: reduced lysyl oxidase-like (LOXL) in the skin and heart. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:864-71 pubmed..Based on these results, loxl appears non-allelic to rc. Heart- and skin-specific downregulation of LOXL in rc mice, however, may contribute to the extracellular matrix alterations and the rc phenotype. ..
- Trantow C, Mao M, Petersen G, Alward E, Alward W, Fingert J, et al. Lyst mutation in mice recapitulates iris defects of human exfoliation syndrome. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:1205-14 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to determine the anatomic basis for Lyst-mediated transillumination defects, test whether Lyst mutant mice develop other features of XFS, and describe the molecular basis of the beige mutation...
- Creasey R, Sharma S, Gibson C, Craig J, Ebner A, Becker T, et al. Atomic force microscopy-based antibody recognition imaging of proteins in the pathological deposits in pseudoexfoliation syndrome. Ultramicroscopy. 2011;111:1055-61 pubmed publisher..Lysyl oxidase-Like 1 (LOXL1), a protein identified as a component of PEX aggregates, is detected by an antibody-modified AFM probe...
- Campion S, Catlin N, Houseman E, Hensley J, Sui Y, Gaido K, et al. Molecular alterations underlying the enhanced disruption of spermatogenesis by 2,5-hexanedione and carbendazim co-exposure. Reprod Toxicol. 2012;33:382-9 pubmed publisher..Further analysis of candidate genes by qRT-PCR at both 3 and 24 h after co-exposure, revealed that Loxl1 and Clca2/Clca4l were both decreased in expression...
- Ozbek E, Polat E, Ozcan L, Otunctemur A, Emrence Z, Ustek D. TT polymorphism in rs2165241 and rs1048661 region in lysyl oxidase like-1 gene may have a role in stress urinary incontinence physiopathology. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2013;39:237-42 pubmed publisher..In patients, the TT polymorphism in the rs1048661 and rs2165241 region were found to be significant. The homozygote TT polymorphism in the rs1048661 and rs2165241 region of LOX-L1 gene may be responsible from SUI physiopathology. ..
- Liu Y, Whigham B, Wheeler J, Williams S, Rautenbach R, Ziskind A, et al. The role of lysyl oxidase-like 1 DNA copy number variants in exfoliation glaucoma. Mol Vis. 2012;18:2976-81 pubmedTo investigate whether DNA copy number variants (CNVs) in the lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) gene are associated with exfoliation glaucoma (XFG) in black South Africans.
- Miyazaki H, Oka N, Koga A, Ohmura H, Ueda T, Imaizumi T. Comparison of gene expression profiling in pressure and volume overload-induced myocardial hypertrophies in rats. Hypertens Res. 2006;29:1029-45 pubmed..In conclusion, we found that many genes were regulated in VO, PO, or both. In addition, a novel role of MT in the hypertrophied myocardium was suggested. ..
- Thomassin L, Werneck C, Broekelmann T, Gleyzal C, Hornstra I, Mecham R, et al. The Pro-regions of lysyl oxidase and lysyl oxidase-like 1 are required for deposition onto elastic fibers. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:42848-55 pubmed..These results have raised the interesting possibility that sequence differences between the pro-domain of LOX and LOXL account for some of the functional differences observed for the two enzymes. ..
- Kasım B, Irkec M, Alikasifoglu M, Orhan M, Mocan M, Aktas D. Association of LOXL1 gene polymorphisms with exfoliation syndrome/glaucoma and primary open angle glaucoma in a Turkish population. Mol Vis. 2013;19:114-20 pubmedTo investigate the association of lysyl oxidase like 1 (LOXL1) variants with exfoliation syndrome (XFS), exfoliation glaucoma (XFG), and primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) in a Turkish population.