Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LOC100909849
- Brennan K, González Sancho J, Castelo Soccio L, Howe L, Brown A. Truncated mutants of the putative Wnt receptor LRP6/Arrow can stabilize beta-catenin independently of Frizzled proteins. Oncogene. 2004;23:4873-84 pubmed..In light of these models, our data imply that LRP5/6/Arrow proteins constitute the distal signal-initiating component of these receptors. The results also support the notion that LRP5/6 are candidate oncogenes. ..
- Semenov M, Tamai K, Brott B, Kuhl M, Sokol S, He X. Head inducer Dickkopf-1 is a ligand for Wnt coreceptor LRP6. Curr Biol. 2001;11:951-61 pubmed..Our findings suggest that Wnt-Fz-LRP6 complex formation, but not Wnt-Fz interaction, triggers Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. ..
- Mao B, Wu W, Li Y, Hoppe D, Stannek P, Glinka A, et al. LDL-receptor-related protein 6 is a receptor for Dickkopf proteins. Nature. 2001;411:321-5 pubmed..Thus, DKKs inhibit Wnt co-receptor function, exemplifying the modulation of LRP signalling by antagonists. ..
- Yao R, Natsume Y, Noda T. MAGI-3 is involved in the regulation of the JNK signaling pathway as a scaffold protein for frizzled and Ltap. Oncogene. 2004;23:6023-30 pubmed..These results indicate that MAGI-3 functions as a scaffold protein for frizzled-4 and Ltap and regulates the JNK signaling cascade. ..
- Xu Q, Wang Y, Dabdoub A, Smallwood P, Williams J, Woods C, et al. Vascular development in the retina and inner ear: control by Norrin and Frizzled-4, a high-affinity ligand-receptor pair. Cell. 2004;116:883-95 pubmed..These data define a Norrin-Fz4 signaling system that plays a central role in vascular development in the eye and ear, and they indicate that ligands unrelated to Wnts can act through Fz receptors. ..
- Luyten A, Mortier E, Van Campenhout C, Taelman V, Degeest G, Wuytens G, et al. The postsynaptic density 95/disc-large/zona occludens protein syntenin directly interacts with frizzled 7 and supports noncanonical Wnt signaling. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1594-604 pubmed publisher..We propose that syntenin is a novel component of the Wnt signal transduction cascade and that it might function as a direct intracellular link between Frizzled and syndecans. ..
- Yao R, Maeda T, Takada S, Noda T. Identification of a PDZ domain containing Golgi protein, GOPC, as an interaction partner of frizzled. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;286:771-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that GOPC may play a role in the vesicle transport of frizzled from the Golgi apparatus to the plasma membrane. ..
- Tamai K, Semenov M, Kato Y, Spokony R, Liu C, Katsuyama Y, et al. LDL-receptor-related proteins in Wnt signal transduction. Nature. 2000;407:530-5 pubmed..The extracellular domain of LRP6 bound Wnt-1 and associated with Fz in a Wnt-dependent manner. Our results indicate that LRP6 may be a component of the Wnt receptor complex. ..