Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lmnb1
Description: lamin B1
- Chang K, Multani P, Sun K, Vincent F, de Pablo Y, Ghosh S, et al. Nuclear envelope dispersion triggered by deregulated Cdk5 precedes neuronal death. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1452-62 pubmed publisher..stimuli, we show that deregulated Cdk5 induces nuclear lamina dispersion by direct phosphorylation of lamin A and lamin B1 in neuronal cells and primary cortical neurons...
- Takamori Y, Tamura Y, Kataoka Y, Cui Y, Seo S, Kanazawa T, et al. Differential expression of nuclear lamin, the major component of nuclear lamina, during neurogenesis in two germinal regions of adult rat brain. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:1653-62 pubmed..Our results suggest that the alteration of nuclear lamina structure is coupled with the progression of neuronal differentiation...
- Shiraki A, Saito F, Akane H, Takeyoshi M, Imatanaka N, Itahashi M, et al. Expression alterations of genes on both neuronal and glial development in rats after developmental exposure to 6-propyl-2-thiouracil. Toxicol Lett. 2014;228:225-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that multifocal brain region-specific microarray analysis can determine the affection of neuronal or glial development. ..
- Gudise S, Figueroa R, Lindberg R, Larsson V, Hallberg E. Samp1 is functionally associated with the LINC complex and A-type lamina networks. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2077-85 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that Samp1 is functionally associated with the LINC complex protein Sun1 and proteins of the A-type lamina network. ..
- Ko Y, Kang Y, Kim E, Park S, Kim S. Nucleolar localization of human methionyl-tRNA synthetase and its role in ribosomal RNA synthesis. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:567-74 pubmed..Thus, human MRS plays a role in the biogenesis of rRNA in nucleoli, while it is catalytically involved in protein synthesis in cytoplasm. ..
- Barboro P, D Arrigo C, Diaspro A, Mormino M, Alberti I, Parodi S, et al. Unraveling the organization of the internal nuclear matrix: RNA-dependent anchoring of NuMA to a lamin scaffold. Exp Cell Res. 2002;279:202-18 pubmed
- Chen Q, Alexander D, Sun H, Xie L, Lin Y, Terrand J, et al. Corticosteroids inhibit cell death induced by doxorubicin in cardiomyocytes: induction of antiapoptosis, antioxidant, and detoxification genes. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:1861-73 pubmed..Inhibiting the expression of bcl-xL reduced the cytoprotective effect of CT. Our data suggest that CT induces a cytoprotective effect on cardiomyocytes in association with reprogramming gene expression and induction of bcl-xL gene. ..
- Siefjediers A, Hardt M, Prinz G, Diener M. Characterization of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (IP3) receptor subtypes at rat colonic epithelium. Cell Calcium. 2007;41:303-15 pubmed..all over the nucleus and not restricted to the nuclear envelope as demonstrated by counterstaining with lamin B1 and electron microscopical examination after immunogold labelling...
- Chiarini A, Whitfield J, Pacchiana R, Marconi M, Armato U, Dal Pra I. Calphostin C, a remarkable multimodal photodynamic killer of neoplastic cells by selective nuclear lamin B1 destruction and apoptogenesis (Review). Oncol Rep. 2010;23:887-92 pubmed..selective complete oxidation and proteasomal destruction of the functionally essential nuclear envelope protein lamin B1, in human cervical carcinoma (HCC) cells and neoplastic rat fibroblasts...
- Davis H, Lewis A, Spencer Dene B, Tateossian H, Stamp G, Behrens A, et al. FBXW7 mutations typically found in human cancers are distinct from null alleles and disrupt lung development. J Pathol. 2011;224:180-9 pubmed publisher..Fbxw7(R482Q) alleles are not functionally equivalent to heterozygous or homozygous null alleles, and we propose that they are selected in tumourigenesis because they cause a selective or partial loss of FBXW7 function. ..
- Karmodiya K, Anamika K, Muley V, Pradhan S, Bhide Y, Galande S. Camello, a novel family of Histone Acetyltransferases that acetylate histone H4 and is essential for zebrafish development. Sci Rep. 2014;4:6076 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study identified a novel family of active HATs that is specific for histone H4 acetylation, exhibits perinuclear localization and is essential for zebrafish development. ..
- Eto K, Sonoda Y, Jin Y, Abe S. Phosphorylated SAP155, the spliceosomal component, is localized to chromatin in postnatal mouse testes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:577-81 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the active spliceosome, containing phosphorylated SAP155, performs pre-mRNA splicing on chromatin concomitant with transcription during testicular development. ..
- Goodchild R, Kim C, Dauer W. Loss of the dystonia-associated protein torsinA selectively disrupts the neuronal nuclear envelope. Neuron. 2005;48:923-32 pubmed..These observations demonstrate that neurons have a unique requirement for nuclear envelope localized torsinA function and suggest that loss of this activity is a key molecular event in the pathogenesis of DYT1 dystonia...
- Chang M, Jin W, Chang J, Xiao Y, Brittain G, Yu J, et al. The ubiquitin ligase Peli1 negatively regulates T cell activation and prevents autoimmunity. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:1002-9 pubmed publisher..Our results identify Peli1 as a critical factor in the maintenance of peripheral T cell tolerance and demonstrate a previously unknown mechanism of c-Rel regulation. ..
- Tunnah D, Sewry C, Vaux D, Schirmer E, Morris G. The apparent absence of lamin B1 and emerin in many tissue nuclei is due to epitope masking. J Mol Histol. 2005;36:337-44 pubmed..studies have concluded that the nuclear membrane protein, emerin, is absent from many cell types and that lamin B1 is absent from adult heart and skeletal muscle...
- Segawa M, Niino K, Mineki R, Kaga N, Murayama K, Sugimoto K, et al. Proteome analysis of a rat liver nuclear insoluble protein fraction and localization of a novel protein, ISP36, to compartments in the interchromatin space. FEBS J. 2005;272:4327-38 pubmed..The protein was designated 'interchromatin space protein of 36 kDa', ISP36. ..
- Burns K, Viveiros M, Ren Y, Wang P, DeMayo F, Frail D, et al. Roles of NPM2 in chromatin and nucleolar organization in oocytes and embryos. Science. 2003;300:633-6 pubmed..Thus, Npm2 is a maternal effect gene critical for nuclear and nucleolar organization and embryonic development. ..
- Sarioglu H, Brandner S, Jacobsen C, Meindl T, Schmidt A, Kellermann J, et al. Quantitative analysis of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced proteome alterations in 5L rat hepatoma cells using isotope-coded protein labels. Proteomics. 2006;6:2407-21 pubmed..The results thus provide new starting-points for the investigation of specific aspects of the toxicity and carcinogenicity of dioxin in liver. ..
- Maison C, Pyrpasopoulou A, Theodoropoulos P, Georgatos S. The inner nuclear membrane protein LAP1 forms a native complex with B-type lamins and partitions with spindle-associated mitotic vesicles. EMBO J. 1997;16:4839-50 pubmed..These observations suggest that the inner nuclear membrane comprises discrete territories which accommodate specific integral membrane proteins and are differentially disassembled during mitosis. ..
- Kataoka Y, Tamura Y, Takamori Y, Cui Y, Yamada H. Perineuronal germinal cells in the rat cerebral cortex. Med Mol Morphol. 2006;39:28-32 pubmed..cell dynamics in the cerebral cortex of adult rats using BrdU labeling and immunohistochemistry for NeuN and lamin B1. At 2 h after a single injection of BrdU, more than 80% of BrdU-labeled cells were observed in the perineuronal ..
- Fiume R, Ramazzotti G, Teti G, Chiarini F, Faenza I, Mazzotti G, et al. Involvement of nuclear PLCbeta1 in lamin B1 phosphorylation and G2/M cell cycle progression. FASEB J. 2009;23:957-66 pubmed publisher..kinase (MAPK) and protein kinase C (PKC), which can, potentially, transduce serum mitogenic stimulus and induce lamin B1 phosphorylation, leading to G(2)/M progression...