Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lman1
Description: lectin, mannose-binding, 1
Alias: p58, protein ERGIC-53, ER-Golgi intermediate compartment 53 kDa protein, endoplasmic reticulum-golgi intermediate compartment protein 53
- Schrag J, Procopio D, Cygler M, Thomas D, Bergeron J. Lectin control of protein folding and sorting in the secretory pathway. Trends Biochem Sci. 2003;28:49-57 pubmed..The theme emerging from these studies is that carbohydrate recognition and modification are central to mediation of glycoprotein folding and secretion. ..
- Nichols W, Terry V, Wheatley M, Yang A, Zivelin A, Ciavarella N, et al. ERGIC-53 gene structure and mutation analysis in 19 combined factors V and VIII deficiency families. Blood. 1999;93:2261-6 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that a significant subset of combined factors V and VIII deficiency is due to mutation in one or more additional genes. ..
- Nichols W, Seligsohn U, Zivelin A, Terry V, Hertel C, Wheatley M, et al. Mutations in the ER-Golgi intermediate compartment protein ERGIC-53 cause combined deficiency of coagulation factors V and VIII. Cell. 1998;93:61-70 pubmed..These findings suggest that ERGIC-53 may function as a molecular chaperone for the transport from ER to Golgi of a specific subset of secreted proteins, including coagulation factors V and VIII. ..
- Nori A, Bortoloso E, Frasson F, Valle G, Volpe P. Vesicle budding from endoplasmic reticulum is involved in calsequestrin routing to sarcoplasmic reticulum of skeletal muscles. Biochem J. 2004;379:505-12 pubmed..It also appears that CS routing from ER to SR does not involve classical secretory pathways through ER-Golgi intermediate compartments, cis -medial Golgi and trans -Golgi network. ..
- Nichols R, Traktman P. Characterization of three paralogous members of the Mammalian vaccinia related kinase family. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:7934-46 pubmed..Our findings provide the basis for further studies of the structure and function of this newly discovered family of protein kinases. ..
- Mitrovic S, Ben Tekaya H, Koegler E, Gruenberg J, Hauri H. The cargo receptors Surf4, endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment (ERGIC)-53, and p25 are required to maintain the architecture of ERGIC and Golgi. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1976-90 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that cargo receptors are essential for maintaining the architecture of ERGIC and Golgi by controlling COP I recruitment. ..
- Nakajima K, Takei Y, Tanaka Y, Nakagawa T, Nakata T, Noda Y, et al. Molecular motor KIF1C is not essential for mouse survival and motor-dependent retrograde Golgi apparatus-to-endoplasmic reticulum transport. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:866-73 pubmed..This retrograde membrane transport was further confirmed to be normal by time-lapse analysis. Consequently, KIF1C is dispensable for the motor-dependent retrograde transport from the Golgi apparatus to the ER. ..
- Merte J, Jensen D, Wright K, Sarsfield S, Wang Y, Schekman R, et al. Sec24b selectively sorts Vangl2 to regulate planar cell polarity during neural tube closure. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:41-6; sup pp 1-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, during COPII vesicle formation, Sec24b shows cargo specificity for a core PCP component, Vangl2, of which proper ER-to-Golgi transport is essential for the establishment of PCP, convergent extension and closure of the neural tube. ..