Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lin28a
Description: lin-28 homolog A
Alias: Lin28, RGD1566408, protein lin-28 homolog A
- Viswanathan S, Daley G, Gregory R. Selective blockade of microRNA processing by Lin28. Science. 2008;320:97-100 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Lin28, a developmentally regulated RNA binding protein, selectively blocks the processing of pri-let-7 miRNAs in ..
- Urbach A, Yermalovich A, Zhang J, Spina C, Zhu H, Perez Atayde A, et al. Lin28 sustains early renal progenitors and induces Wilms tumor. Genes Dev. 2014;28:971-82 pubmed publisher..Here we show that overexpression of the heterochronic regulator Lin28 during kidney development in mice markedly expands nephrogenic progenitors by blocking their final wave of ..
- Jin J, Jing W, Lei X, Feng C, Peng S, Boris Lawrie K, et al. Evidence that Lin28 stimulates translation by recruiting RNA helicase A to polysomes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:3724-34 pubmed publisherThe stem cell protein Lin28 functions to inhibit the biogenesis of a group of miRNAs but also stimulates the expression of a subset of mRNAs at the post-transcriptional level, the underlying mechanism of which is not yet understood...
- Cho J, Chang H, Kwon S, Kim B, Kim Y, Choe J, et al. LIN28A is a suppressor of ER-associated translation in embryonic stem cells. Cell. 2012;151:765-777 pubmed publisher..In this study, we obtain a genome-wide view of the molecular function of LIN28A in mouse embryonic stem cells by carrying out RNA crosslinking-immunoprecipitation-sequencing (CLIP-seq) and ..
- Yue Y, Zhang D, Jiang S, Li A, Guo A, Wu X, et al. LIN28 expression in rat spinal cord after injury. Neurochem Res. 2014;39:862-74 pubmed publisherb>LIN28, an RNA-binding protein, is known to be involved in the regulation of many cellular processes, such as embryonic stem cell proliferation, cell fate succession, developmental timing, and oncogenesis...
- Hu J, Wang F, Zhu X, Yuan Y, Ding M, Gao S. Mouse ZAR1-like (XM_359149) colocalizes with mRNA processing components and its dominant-negative mutant caused two-cell-stage embryonic arrest. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:407-24 pubmed publisher..EIF2C2(AGO2), DDX6 and LSM14A, and germline-specific chromatoid body components including PIWIL1, PIWIL2, and LIN28. ZAR1L colocalized with ZAR1 and interacted with human LIN28...
- O Day E, Le M, Imai S, Tan S, Kirchner R, Arthanari H, et al. An RNA-binding Protein, Lin28, Recognizes and Remodels G-quartets in the MicroRNAs (miRNAs) and mRNAs It Regulates. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:17909-22 pubmed publisher..In particular it increases mature let-7 levels, decreases OCT4, HMGA1, CCNB1, CDK4, and Lin28A protein, decreases sphere formation, and inhibits colony formation...