Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lims1
Description: LIM zinc finger domain containing 1
Alias: Pinch1, RGD1560732, LIM and senescent cell antigen-like-containing domain protein 1, LIM and senescent cell antigen-like domains 1, LIM-type zinc finger domains 1
- Kim S, Kim N, Lee S, Kim D, Lee Y, Ahn S, et al. TGF-beta1-induced PINCH-1-ILK-alpha-parvin complex formation regulates mesangial cell proliferation and hypertrophy. Exp Mol Med. 2007;39:514-23 pubmed..TGF-beta1-induced alteration of the PIP complex formation may be importantly implicated in the development and progression of glomerular failure shown in several kidney diseases. ..
- Jia L, Li X, Gu Y, Cui W. Early Activation of PINCH/ Glycogen-Synthase Kinase 3?/ERK Pathway in Obstructive Nephropathy Rat Model. Am J Nephrol. 2016;44:396-403 pubmed..However, ERK1/2 proteins showed no statistically significant difference between UUO and sham groups. PINCH/GSK3?/ERK pathway was early molecular responses to obstructed kidney induced by UUO in rat. ..
- Braun A, Bordoy R, Stanchi F, Moser M, Kostka G G, Ehler E, et al. PINCH2 is a new five LIM domain protein, homologous to PINCHand localized to focal adhesions. Exp Cell Res. 2003;284:239-50 pubmed..Here we describe a new isoform of PINCH, which we call PINCH2. Therefore, we rename PINCH to PINCH1. PINCH2 has an overall similarity of 92% to PINCH1 and contains five LIM domains like PINCH1...
- Qiu P, Wheater M, Qiu Y, Sosne G. Thymosin beta4 inhibits TNF-alpha-induced NF-kappaB activation, IL-8 expression, and the sensitizing effects by its partners PINCH-1 and ILK. FASEB J. 2011;25:1815-26 pubmed publisher..In addition, the results of this study serve as a foundation for developing T?(4) as a new anti-inflammatory therapy. ..
- Wang D, Li Y, Wu C, Liu Y. PINCH1 is transcriptional regulator in podocytes that interacts with WT1 and represses podocalyxin expression. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17048 pubmed publisherb>PINCH1, an adaptor protein containing five LIM domains, plays an important role in regulating the integrin-mediated cell adhesion, migration and epithelial-mesenchymal transition...
- Zhang Y, Chen K, Tu Y, Velyvis A, Yang Y, Qin J, et al. Assembly of the PINCH-ILK-CH-ILKBP complex precedes and is essential for localization of each component to cell-matrix adhesion sites. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4777-86 pubmed..These results provide new insights into the molecular mechanism underlying the assembly and regulation of cell-matrix adhesion structures. ..
- Ito S, Takahara Y, Hyodo T, Hasegawa H, Asano E, Hamaguchi M, et al. The roles of two distinct regions of PINCH-1 in the regulation of cell attachment and spreading. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:4120-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, these data reveal how specific domains of PINCH-1 direct two independent pathways: one utilizing ILK to allow cell attachment, and the other recruiting Rsu-1 to activate Rac1 in order to promote cell spreading. ..