Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lamp2
Description: lysosomal-associated membrane protein 2
Alias: lysosome-associated membrane glycoprotein 2, CD107 antigen-like family member B, LAMP-2, LGP-110, LGP-96, LGP-B, lysosomal membrane glycoprotein 2, lysosomal membrane glycoprotein type B, lysosome-associated membrane protein 2
- Jannig P, Moreira J, Bechara L, Bozi L, Bacurau A, Monteiro A, et al. Autophagy signaling in skeletal muscle of infarcted rats. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e85820 pubmed publisher..findings of the present study were: a) upregulation of autophagy-related genes (GABARAPL1, ATG7, BNIP3, CTSL1 and LAMP2) was observed only in plantaris while muscle atrophy was observed in both soleus and plantaris muscles, and b) ..
- Kuang E, Okumura C, Sheffy Levin S, Varsano T, Shu V, Qi J, et al. Regulation of ATG4B stability by RNF5 limits basal levels of autophagy and influences susceptibility to bacterial infection. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003007 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the RNF5-mediated control of membranalATG4B reveals a novel layer in the regulation of LC3 processing and autophagy. ..
- Morvan J, Köchl R, Watson R, Collinson L, Jefferies H, Tooze S. In vitro reconstitution of fusion between immature autophagosomes and endosomes. Autophagy. 2009;5:676-89 pubmed..We also demonstrate that the lipidated form of the autophagosomal protein LC3 is dispensable for this fusion event. ..
- Cao L, Chen R, Xu J, Lin Y, Wang R, Chi Z. Vitamin E inhibits activated chaperone-mediated autophagy in rats with status epilepticus. Neuroscience. 2009;161:73-7 pubmed publisher..Antioxidants such as vitamin E may partially inhibit activated chaperone-mediated autophagy. ..
- Caby M, Lankar D, Vincendeau Scherrer C, Raposo G, Bonnerot C. Exosomal-like vesicles are present in human blood plasma. Int Immunol. 2005;17:879-87 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that blood is a physiological fluid for exosome circulation in the body, suggesting their role in cell-cell or organ-organ communications as carriers for molecules that need to reach distant cell targets. ..
- Hubert V, Peschel A, Langer B, Groger M, Rees A, Kain R. LAMP-2 is required for incorporating syntaxin-17 into autophagosomes and for their fusion with lysosomes. Biol Open. 2016;5:1516-1529 pubmed publisher..The results have clear implications for situations associated with a reduction of LAMP-2 expression. ..
- Noguchi Y, Himeno M, Sasaki H, Tanaka Y, Kono A, Sakaki Y, et al. Isolation and sequencing of a cDNA clone encoding 96 kDa sialoglycoprotein in rat liver lysosomal membranes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;164:1113-20 pubmedWe isolated and sequenced LGP 96, a cDNA clone corresponding to the entire coding sequence of the rat liver lysosomal membrane sialoglycoprotein with an apparent Mr of 96 K, LGP 96...
- Fujii Y, Onohara Y, Fujita H, Yokota S. Argonaute2 Protein in Rat Spermatogenic Cells Is Localized to Nuage Structures and LAMP2-Positive Vesicles Surrounding Chromatoid Bodies. J Histochem Cytochem. 2016;64:268-79 pubmed publisher..Dual IFM and IEM staining of AGO2/lysosomal-associated membrane protein 2 (LAMP2) showed that CB in round spermatids are in contact with and surrounded by LAMP2-positive vesicles, whereas nuage ..
- Cuervo A, Dice J. Unique properties of lamp2a compared to other lamp2 isoforms. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 Pt 24:4441-50 pubmed..Using antibodies specific for the cytosolic tail of lamp2a and others recognizing all lamp2 isoforms, we found that in rat liver lamp2a represents 25% of lamp2s in the lysosome...
- Behnke J, Schneppenheim J, Koch Nolte F, Haag F, Saftig P, Schröder B. Signal-peptide-peptidase-like 2a (SPPL2a) is targeted to lysosomes/late endosomes by a tyrosine motif in its C-terminal tail. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2951-7 pubmed publisher..This motif accounts for the differential localisation of the homologous proteases SPPL2a and SPPL2b and thereby influences the access to substrates and biological function of SPPL2a. ..
- Fortunato F, Bürgers H, Bergmann F, Rieger P, Buchler M, Kroemer G, et al. Impaired autolysosome formation correlates with Lamp-2 depletion: role of apoptosis, autophagy, and necrosis in pancreatitis. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:350-60, 360.e1-5 pubmed publisher..The combination of alcohol and endotoxemia attenuated apoptosis response yet enhanced acinar cell necrosis. The depletion of lysosomal proteins plays a critical role in the early onset of acute pancreatitis. ..
- Elewaut D, Lawton A, Nagarajan N, Maverakis E, Khurana A, Honing S, et al. The adaptor protein AP-3 is required for CD1d-mediated antigen presentation of glycosphingolipids and development of Valpha14i NKT cells. J Exp Med. 2003;198:1133-46 pubmed
- Reczek D, Schwake M, Schröder J, Hughes H, Blanz J, Jin X, et al. LIMP-2 is a receptor for lysosomal mannose-6-phosphate-independent targeting of beta-glucocerebrosidase. Cell. 2007;131:770-83 pubmed..These data support a role for LIMP-2 as the mannose-6-phosphate-independent trafficking receptor for beta-glucocerebrosidase. ..
- Giles L, Li L, Chin L. Printor, a novel torsinA-interacting protein implicated in dystonia pathogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:21765-75 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that printor is a new component of the DYT1 pathogenic pathway and provide a potential molecular target for therapeutic intervention in dystonia. ..
- Jedlitschky G, Tirschmann K, Lubenow L, Nieuwenhuis H, Akkerman J, Greinacher A, et al. The nucleotide transporter MRP4 (ABCC4) is highly expressed in human platelets and present in dense granules, indicating a role in mediator storage. Blood. 2004;104:3603-10 pubmed..The results indicate a function of MRP4 in platelet mediator storage and inhibition of MRP4 may represent a novel mechanism for inhibition of platelet function by some anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Bandyopadhyay U, Sridhar S, Kaushik S, Kiffin R, Cuervo A. Identification of regulators of chaperone-mediated autophagy. Mol Cell. 2010;39:535-47 pubmed publisher..The dynamic interactions of these two proteins at the lysosomal membrane unveil now a role for GTP as a negative regulator of CMA. ..
- Kaushik S, Massey A, Cuervo A. Lysosome membrane lipid microdomains: novel regulators of chaperone-mediated autophagy. EMBO J. 2006;25:3921-33 pubmed..Our results support that changes in the dynamic distribution of LAMP-2A into and out of discrete microdomains of the lysosomal membrane contribute to regulate CMA. ..
- Eskelinen E, Illert A, Tanaka Y, Schwarzmann G, Blanz J, von Figura K, et al. Role of LAMP-2 in lysosome biogenesis and autophagy. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3355-68 pubmed..Autophagic vacuoles may accumulate due to impaired capacity for lysosomal degradation. ..
- Cuervo A, Mann L, Bonten E, D AZZO A, Dice J. Cathepsin A regulates chaperone-mediated autophagy through cleavage of the lysosomal receptor. EMBO J. 2003;22:47-59 pubmed..In addition to the well-studied role of PPCA in targeting and protecting two lysosomal glycosidases, we have defined a role for the proteolytic activity of this multifunctional protein. ..
- Gonzalez Noriega A, Michalak C, Antonio Sosa Melgarejo J. Cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate and 78 kDa receptors for lysosomal enzyme targeting are located in different cell compartments. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1745:7-19 pubmed..The high-density compartment is denser than lysosomes, contains LAMP2 but not LIMPII or acid hydrolases, and is not disrupted with glycyl-l-phenylalanine 2-naphthylamide, a substrate ..
- Pan J, Goodheart M, Chuma S, Nakatsuji N, Page D, Wang P. RNF17, a component of the mammalian germ cell nuage, is essential for spermiogenesis. Development. 2005;132:4029-39 pubmed..Rnf17-null round spermatids advanced to step 4 but failed to produce sperm. These results have shown that RNF17 is a component of a novel germ cell nuage and is required for differentiation of male germ cells. ..
- Yang Z, McMahon C, Smith L, Bersola J, Adesina A, Breinholt J, et al. Danon disease as an underrecognized cause of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in children. Circulation. 2005;112:1612-7 pubmed..In this study we investigated the frequency of LAMP2 mutations in an unselected pediatric HCM population...
- Cuervo A, Dice J. A receptor for the selective uptake and degradation of proteins by lysosomes. Science. 1996;273:501-3 pubmed..Overexpression of human LGP96 in Chinese hamster ovary cells increased the activity of the selective lysosomal proteolytic pathway in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Hackam D, Rotstein O, Zhang W, Gruenheid S, Gros P, Grinstein S. Host resistance to intracellular infection: mutation of natural resistance-associated macrophage protein 1 (Nramp1) impairs phagosomal acidification. J Exp Med. 1998;188:351-64 pubmed..bovis or latex beads. These data support the notion that Nramp1 affects intracellular mycobacterial replication by modulating phagosomal pH, suggesting that Nramp1 plays a central role in this process. ..
- Berger P, Berger I, Schaffitzel C, Tersar K, Volkmer B, Suter U. Multi-level regulation of myotubularin-related protein-2 phosphatase activity by myotubularin-related protein-13/set-binding factor-2. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:569-79 pubmed
- Cao Y, Yang W, Tyler M, Gao X, Duan C, Kim S, et al. Noggin attenuates cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis and impaired autophagy. Pancreas. 2013;42:301-7 pubmed publisher..Bone morphogenetic protein signaling seems to promote AP induction and autophagy, as suggested by our study showing that noggin ameliorates AP and partially restores autophagic homeostasis. ..
- Gurung R, Tan A, Ooms L, McGrath M, Huysmans R, Munday A, et al. Identification of a novel domain in two mammalian inositol-polyphosphate 5-phosphatases that mediates membrane ruffle localization. The inositol 5-phosphatase skip localizes to the endoplasmic reticulum and translocates to membrane ruffles following . J Biol Chem. 2003;278:11376-85 pubmed..Collectively, these studies demonstrate a novel membrane-targeting domain that serves to recruit SKIP and PIPP to membrane ruffles. ..
- Shirahama Noda K, Yamamoto A, Sugihara K, Hashimoto N, Asano M, Nishimura M, et al. Biosynthetic processing of cathepsins and lysosomal degradation are abolished in asparaginyl endopeptidase-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:33194-9 pubmed..Thus, the AEP deficiency caused the accumulation of macromolecules in the lysosomes, highlighting a pivotal role of AEP in the endosomal/lysosomal degradation system. ..
- Bandyopadhyay U, Kaushik S, Varticovski L, Cuervo A. The chaperone-mediated autophagy receptor organizes in dynamic protein complexes at the lysosomal membrane. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:5747-63 pubmed publisher..through the lysosome-associated membrane protein type 2A (LAMP-2A), one of the three splice variants of the lamp2 gene, and this binding is limiting for their degradation via CMA...
- Narabayashi K, Ito Y, Eid N, Maemura K, Inoue T, Takeuchi T, et al. Indomethacin suppresses LAMP-2 expression and induces lipophagy and lipoapoptosis in rat enterocytes via the ER stress pathway. J Gastroenterol. 2015;50:541-54 pubmed publisher..This is followed by a late phase characterized by reduced expression of lysosomal autophagic proteins, accumulation of ALPs, and enhanced lipoapoptosis. ..
- Li P, Ji M, Lu F, Zhang J, Li H, Cui T, et al. Degradation of AF1Q by chaperone-mediated autophagy. Exp Cell Res. 2014;327:48-56 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate for the first time that AF1Q can be degraded in lysosomes by CMA. ..