Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lamp1
Description: lysosomal-associated membrane protein 1
Alias: LGP120, lysosome-associated membrane glycoprotein 1, 120 kDa lysosomal membrane glycoprotein, CD107 antigen-like family member A, LAMP-1, LGP-120, Lysosomal associated membrane protein 1 (120 kDa), lysosomal membrane glycoprotein 1, lysosome-associated membrane protein 1
- Johnson D, Yamaji S, Tennant J, Srai S, Sharp P. Regulation of divalent metal transporter expression in human intestinal epithelial cells following exposure to non-haem iron. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:1923-9 pubmed..Furthermore, iron-treatment increased levels of DMT1 co-localised with LAMP1, suggesting that the initial response of intestinal epithelial cells to iron involves internalisation and ..
- Adams L, Lemire J, Schwartz S. A systematic analysis of 40 random genes in cultured vascular smooth muscle subtypes reveals a heterogeneity of gene expression and identifies the tight junction gene zonula occludens 2 as a marker of epithelioid "pup" smooth muscle cells a. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1999;19:2600-8 pubmed
- Bomberger J, Parameswaran N, Hall C, Aiyar N, Spielman W. Novel function for receptor activity-modifying proteins (RAMPs) in post-endocytic receptor trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9297-307 pubmed..These results indicate a novel function for RAMP3 in the post-endocytic sorting of the AM-R and suggest a broader regulatory role for RAMPs in receptor trafficking. ..
- Sun P, Yamamoto H, Suetsugu S, Miki H, Takenawa T, Endo T. Small GTPase Rah/Rab34 is associated with membrane ruffles and macropinosomes and promotes macropinosome formation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:4063-71 pubmed..These results imply that Rah is required for efficient macropinosome formation from the membrane ruffles. ..
- Ahtiainen L, Luiro K, Kauppi M, Tyynelä J, Kopra O, Jalanko A. Palmitoyl protein thioesterase 1 (PPT1) deficiency causes endocytic defects connected to abnormal saposin processing. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:1540-53 pubmed..These data provide new insights into the metabolism of PPT1-deficient cells and offer a basis for further studies on cellular processes causing neuronal death in INCL and other neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Fossale E, Wolf P, Espinola J, Lubicz Nawrocka T, Teed A, Gao H, et al. Membrane trafficking and mitochondrial abnormalities precede subunit c deposition in a cerebellar cell model of juvenile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. BMC Neurosci. 2004;5:57 pubmed..Moreover, these deficiencies are likely to be early events in the JNCL disease process and may particularly impact neuronal survival. ..
- Stobrawa S, Breiderhoff T, Takamori S, Engel D, Schweizer M, Zdebik A, et al. Disruption of ClC-3, a chloride channel expressed on synaptic vesicles, leads to a loss of the hippocampus. Neuron. 2001;29:185-96 pubmed..Mice almost lacking the hippocampus survive and show several behavioral abnormalities but are still able to acquire motor skills. ..
- Sun L, Hua Y, Vergarajauregui S, Diab H, Puertollano R. Novel Role of TRPML2 in the Regulation of the Innate Immune Response. J Immunol. 2015;195:4922-32 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study reveals interesting differences in the regulation and distribution of the members of the TRPML family and identifies a novel role for TRPML2 in the innate immune response. ..
- Lankar D, Vincent Schneider H, Briken V, Yokozeki T, Raposo G, Bonnerot C. Dynamics of major histocompatibility complex class II compartments during B cell receptor-mediated cell activation. J Exp Med. 2002;195:461-72 pubmed..Thus, BcR engagement induced the transient formation of antigen-processing compartments, enabling antigen-specific B cells to become effective antigen-presenting cells. ..
- Chakrabarti S, Kobayashi K, Flavell R, Marks C, Miyake K, Liston D, et al. Impaired membrane resealing and autoimmune myositis in synaptotagmin VII-deficient mice. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:543-9 pubmed..Thus, defective plasma membrane repair in tissues under mechanical stress may favor the development of inflammatory autoimmune disease. ..
- Bartuzi P, Billadeau D, Favier R, Rong S, Dekker D, Fedoseienko A, et al. CCC- and WASH-mediated endosomal sorting of LDLR is required for normal clearance of circulating LDL. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10961 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study provides valuable insights into the mechanisms regulating cholesterol homeostasis and LDLR trafficking. ..
- Rami A, Benz A, Niquet J, Langhagen A. Axonal Accumulation of Lysosomal-Associated Membrane Protein 1 (LAMP1) Accompanying Alterations of Autophagy Dynamics in the Rat Hippocampus Upon Seizure-Induced Injury. Neurochem Res. 2016;41:53-63 pubmed publisher..In order to dissect this aspect, we monitored the spatial and temporal expression of LC3 and LAMP1 in the hippocampus of rats with SE...
- Stober C, Brode S, White J, Popoff J, Blackwell J. Slc11a1, formerly Nramp1, is expressed in dendritic cells and influences major histocompatibility complex class II expression and antigen-presenting cell function. Infect Immun. 2007;75:5059-67 pubmed..These data indicate that wild-type Slc11a1 expressed in DCs may play a role both in determining resistance to infectious disease and in susceptibility to autoimmune disease such as type 1 diabetes. ..
- Howe C, Granger B, Hull M, Green S, Gabel C, Helenius A, et al. Derived protein sequence, oligosaccharides, and membrane insertion of the 120-kDa lysosomal membrane glycoprotein (lgp120): identification of a highly conserved family of lysosomal membrane glycoproteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:7577-81 pubmedThe 120-kDa lysosomal membrane glycoprotein (lgp120) is an acidic, heavily glycosylated membrane protein enriched in the lysosomal membrane...
- Zhou K, Enkhjargal B, Xie Z, Sun C, Wu L, Malaguit J, et al. Dihydrolipoic Acid Inhibits Lysosomal Rupture and NLRP3 Through Lysosome-Associated Membrane Protein-1/Calcium/Calmodulin-Dependent Protein Kinase II/TAK1 Pathways After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in Rat. Stroke. 2018;49:175-183 pubmed publisher..DHLA may provide a promising treatment to alleviate early brain injury after SAH. ..
- Yada A, Ebihara S, Matsumura K, Endo S, Maeda T, Nakamura A, et al. Accelerated antigen presentation and elicitation of humoral response in vivo by FcgammaRIIB- and FcgammaRI/III-mediated immune complex uptake. Cell Immunol. 2003;225:21-32 pubmed..These results support the therapeutic benefits of antigen-targeting to FcgammaR on APC in the various inflammatory disorders. ..
- Lee H, Kim Y, Han K, Kim H, Kim E. The phosphoinositide 3-phosphatase MTMR2 interacts with PSD-95 and maintains excitatory synapses by modulating endosomal traffic. J Neurosci. 2010;30:5508-18 pubmed publisher..In addition, colocalization of internalized GluR2 with Lamp1-positive late endosomes/lysosomes is enhanced in the cell body area but not in dendrites...
- Salazar G, Love R, Styers M, Werner E, Peden A, Rodriguez S, et al. AP-3-dependent mechanisms control the targeting of a chloride channel (ClC-3) in neuronal and non-neuronal cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:25430-9 pubmed..In addition, our findings indicate that ClC-3 and ZnT3 reside in a common vesicle population where they functionally interact to determine vesicle luminal composition. ..
- Wasano K, Hirakawa Y. Lamellar bodies of rat alveolar type 2 cells have late endosomal marker proteins on their limiting membranes. Histochemistry. 1994;102:329-35 pubmed..we examined the immunocytochemical localization of late endosomal and lysosomal membrane markers, rab 7 and lamp 1 proteins, within rat alveolar type 2 cells...
- Perrotta C, Bizzozero L, Cazzato D, Morlacchi S, Assi E, Simbari F, et al. Syntaxin 4 is required for acid sphingomyelinase activity and apoptotic function. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:40240-51 pubmed publisher..The novel actions of syntaxin 4 in sphingolipid metabolism and exocytosis we describe here define signaling mechanisms of broad relevance in cell pathophysiology. ..
- Krzewski K, Gil Krzewska A, Nguyen V, Peruzzi G, Coligan J. LAMP1/CD107a is required for efficient perforin delivery to lytic granules and NK-cell cytotoxicity. Blood. 2013;121:4672-83 pubmed publisher..We show that LAMP1 silencing causes inhibition of NK-cell cytotoxicity, as LAMP1 RNA interference (RNAi) cells fail to deliver ..
- Wohlgemuth S, Julian D, Akin D, Fried J, Toscano K, Leeuwenburgh C, et al. Autophagy in the heart and liver during normal aging and calorie restriction. Rejuvenation Res. 2007;10:281-92 pubmed..Thus, calorie restriction may mediate some of its beneficial effects by stimulating autophagy in the heart, indicating the potential for cardioprotective therapies. ..
- Demais V, Barthelemy A, Perraut M, Ungerer N, Keime C, Reibel S, et al. Reversal of Pathologic Lipid Accumulation in NPC1-Deficient Neurons by Drug-Promoted Release of LAMP1-Coated Lamellar Inclusions. J Neurosci. 2016;36:8012-25 pubmed publisher..labeling combined with transmission electron microscopy revealed the presence of CD63 on internal lamellae and of LAMP1 on the membrane surrounding the inclusions, indicating their origins from intraluminal vesicles of late endosomes ..
- Escobar M, Echeverria O, Ortiz R, Vázquez Nin G. Combined apoptosis and autophagy, the process that eliminates the oocytes of atretic follicles in immature rats. Apoptosis. 2008;13:1253-66 pubmed publisher..alterations of dying oocytes in 1-28 days old rats using TUNEL method, immunolocalizations of active caspase 3, lamp1, localization of acid phosphatase, and DAPI staining...
- Garver W, Heidenreich R, Erickson R, Thomas M, Wilson J. Localization of the murine Niemann-Pick C1 protein to two distinct intracellular compartments. J Lipid Res. 2000;41:673-87 pubmed..of mouse liver homogenates indicates that some NPC1 cosediments with lysosome-associated membrane protein 1 (LAMP1)-containing membranes. However, a significant amount of NPC1 is also found in membranes that do not contain LAMP1...
- Varga R, Khundadze M, Damme M, Nietzsche S, Hoffmann B, Stauber T, et al. In Vivo Evidence for Lysosome Depletion and Impaired Autophagic Clearance in Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia Type SPG11. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005454 pubmed publisher..Degenerating neurons accumulate autofluorescent material, which stains for the lysosomal protein Lamp1 and for p62, a marker of substrate destined to be degraded by autophagy, and hence appears to be related to ..
- Madan R, Rastogi R, Parashuraman S, Mukhopadhyay A. Salmonella acquires lysosome-associated membrane protein 1 (LAMP1) on phagosomes from Golgi via SipC protein-mediated recruitment of host Syntaxin6. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:5574-87 pubmed publisher..However, they universally recruit lysosome-associated membrane protein 1 (LAMP1); the mechanism of LAMP1 recruitment remains unclear...
- Himeno M, Noguchi Y, Sasaki H, Tanaka Y, Furuno K, Kono A, et al. Isolation and sequencing of a cDNA clone encoding 107 kDa sialoglycoprotein in rat liver lysosomal membranes. FEBS Lett. 1989;244:351-6 pubmed..Northern blot hybridization analysis identified a single species of LGP 107 mRNA (2.1 kbp in length) in rat liver, kidney, brain, lung, spleen, heart and pancreas, although its level in pancreas was very low. ..
- Aula N, Kopra O, Jalanko A, Peltonen L. Sialin expression in the CNS implicates extralysosomal function in neurons. Neurobiol Dis. 2004;15:251-61 pubmed..These data demonstrate a nonlysosomal localization of sialin in neurons and would imply a role for sialin in the secretory processes of neuronal cells...
- Shichiri M, Kono N, Shimanaka Y, Tanito M, Rotzoll D, Yoshida Y, et al. A novel role for ?-tocopherol transfer protein (?-TTP) in protecting against chloroquine toxicity. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:2926-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that ?-TTP protects against CQ toxicity by preventing CQ accumulation in acidic organelles through a mechanism distinct from vitamin E transport. ..
- Tabeta K, Hoebe K, Janssen E, Du X, Georgel P, Crozat K, et al. The Unc93b1 mutation 3d disrupts exogenous antigen presentation and signaling via Toll-like receptors 3, 7 and 9. Nat Immunol. 2006;7:156-64 pubmed..Innate responses to nucleic acids and exogenous antigen presentation, which both initiate in endosomes, thus seem to depend on an endoplasmic reticulum-resident protein, which suggests communication between these organellar systems. ..
- Mukai A, Mizuno E, Kobayashi K, Matsumoto M, Nakayama K, Kitamura N, et al. Dynamic regulation of ubiquitylation and deubiquitylation at the central spindle during cytokinesis. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:1325-33 pubmed publisher..Our results thus implicate the ubiquitylation/deubiquitylation of proteins including VAMP8 in cytokinesis. ..
- Pons V, Luyet P, Morel E, Abrami L, van der Goot F, Parton R, et al. Hrs and SNX3 functions in sorting and membrane invagination within multivesicular bodies. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e214 pubmed publisher..PtdIns3P thus controls the complementary functions of Hrs and SNX3 in sorting and multivesicular body biogenesis. ..
- Sevilla L, Comstock S, Swier K, Miller J. Endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation-induced dissociation of class II invariant chain complexes containing a glycosylation-deficient form of p41. J Immunol. 2004;173:2586-93 pubmed..These results suggest that the ERAD machinery can induce subunit disassembly, specifically targeting misfolded subunits to degradation and sparing properly folded subunits for reassembly and/or export. ..
- Jackson L, Nawabi P, Hentea C, Roark E, Haldar K. The Salmonella virulence protein SifA is a G protein antagonist. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14141-6 pubmed publisher..SifA recruits membranes enriched in lysosome associated membrane protein 1 (LAMP1) and is needed for growth of Salmonella induced filaments (Sifs) and the Salmonella ..
- Deutsch D, Haze Filderman A, Blumenfeld A, Dafni L, Leiser Y, Shay B, et al. Amelogenin, a major structural protein in mineralizing enamel, is also expressed in soft tissues: brain and cells of the hematopoietic system. Eur J Oral Sci. 2006;114 Suppl 1:183-9; discussion 201-2, 381 pubmed..Several different potential functions of amelogenin are discussed...