Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Klc1
Description: kinesin light chain 1
Alias: Kns2, kinesin light chain 1, KLC 1, kinesin 2
- Dhaenens C, Van Brussel E, Schraen Maschke S, Pasquier F, Delacourte A, Sablonniere B. Association study of three polymorphisms of kinesin light-chain 1 gene with Alzheimer's disease. Neurosci Lett. 2004;368:290-2 pubmedThe transport of amyloid precursor protein is mediated through its interaction with kinesin light-chain 1 (KNS2). We hypothesized that kinesin light-chain dysfunction might be involved in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Konecna A, Frischknecht R, Kinter J, Ludwig A, Steuble M, Meskenaite V, et al. Calsyntenin-1 docks vesicular cargo to kinesin-1. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3651-63 pubmed..a direct interaction between the neuronal transmembrane protein calsyntenin-1 and the light chain of Kinesin-1 (KLC1)...
- von Otter M, Landgren S, Nilsson S, Lundvall C, Minthon L, Bogdanovic N, et al. Kinesin light chain 1 gene haplotypes in three conformational diseases. Neuromolecular Med. 2010;12:229-36 pubmed publisher..Genetic variation in the kinesin light chain 1-encoding gene (KLC1) was tagged by six tag single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)...
- Aoyama T, Hata S, Nakao T, Tanigawa Y, Oka C, Kawaichi M. Cayman ataxia protein caytaxin is transported by kinesin along neurites through binding to kinesin light chains. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:4177-85 pubmed publisher..The tetratricopeptide-repeat region of KLC1 recognizes the ELEWED sequence (amino acids 115-120) of caytaxin...
- Bracale A, Cesca F, Neubrand V, Newsome T, Way M, Schiavo G. Kidins220/ARMS is transported by a kinesin-1-based mechanism likely to be involved in neuronal differentiation. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:142-52 pubmed..We identified kinesin light chain 1 (KLC1) as a binding partner for Kidins220/ARMS by a yeast two-hybrid screen...
- Kamm C, Boston H, Hewett J, Wilbur J, Corey D, Hanson P, et al. The early onset dystonia protein torsinA interacts with kinesin light chain 1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19882-92 pubmed..We identified the light chain subunit (KLC1) of kinesin-I as an interacting partner for torsinA, with binding occurring between the tetratricopeptide repeat ..
- Kamal A, Almenar Queralt A, Leblanc J, Roberts E, Goldstein L. Kinesin-mediated axonal transport of a membrane compartment containing beta-secretase and presenilin-1 requires APP. Nature. 2001;414:643-8 pubmed
- Ligon L, Tokito M, Finklestein J, Grossman F, Holzbaur E. A direct interaction between cytoplasmic dynein and kinesin I may coordinate motor activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19201-8 pubmed..There is also a vesicle population with both dynein and kinesin I bound that may be capable of bi-directional motility along cellular microtubules. ..
- Szolnoki Z, Kondacs A, Mandi Y, Somogyvari F. A cytoskeleton motor protein genetic variant may exert a protective effect on the occurrence of multiple sclerosis: the janus face of the kinesin light-chain 1 56836CC genetic variant. Neuromolecular Med. 2007;9:335-9 pubmed..In this study, we examined how the kinesin light-chain 1 (KLC1) G56836C (rs8702) single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in intron 13 affects the occurrence of MS...
- Traina G, Federighi G, Brunelli M. Up-regulation of kinesin light-chain 1 gene expression by acetyl-L-carnitine: therapeutic possibility in Alzheimer's disease. Neurochem Int. 2008;53:244-7 pubmed publisher..In this scenario, our results are of relevant importance for possible therapeutic intervention, suggesting a pathway for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Roux K, Crisp M, Liu Q, Kim D, Kozlov S, Stewart C, et al. Nesprin 4 is an outer nuclear membrane protein that can induce kinesin-mediated cell polarization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:2194-9 pubmed publisher..These effects can be accounted for entirely by Nesp4's kinesin-binding function. The implication is that Nesp4 may contribute to microtubule-dependent nuclear positioning. ..
- Pigino G, Morfini G, Pelsman A, Mattson M, Brady S, Busciglio J. Alzheimer's presenilin 1 mutations impair kinesin-based axonal transport. J Neurosci. 2003;23:4499-508 pubmed..These findings suggest that mutations in PS1 may compromise neuronal function by affecting GSK-3 activity and kinesin-I-based motility. ..
- Cyr J, Pfister K, Bloom G, Slaughter C, Brady S. Molecular genetics of kinesin light chains: generation of isoforms by alternative splicing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:10114-8 pubmed..Synthesis of multiple light chains, differing from one another in primary structure, could provide a means of generating multiple, functionally specialized forms of the kinesin holoenzyme. ..
- Yang J, Li T. The ciliary rootlet interacts with kinesin light chains and may provide a scaffold for kinesin-1 vesicular cargos. Exp Cell Res. 2005;309:379-89 pubmed..These findings indicate that ciliary rootlets may provide a scaffold for kinesin-1 vesicular cargos and, thus, play a role in the intracellular transport in ciliated cells. ..
- Szolnoki Z, Kondacs A, Mandi Y, Somogyvari F. A genetic variant in cytoskeleton motors amplifies susceptibility to leukoaraiosis in hypertensive smokers: gene-environmental interactions behind vascular white matter demyelinization. J Mol Neurosci. 2007;33:173-9 pubmed..Setting out from this assumption, we examined how the kinesin light-chain 1 (KNS2) G56836C single nucleotide polymorphism in intron 13 affects the susceptibility to LA...
- Szolnoki Z, Kondacs A, Mandi Y, Somogyvari F. Evaluation of the roles of the A185C and C406T kinesin light-chain 1 variants in the development of leukoaraiosis. Neurosci Lett. 2007;429:101-4 pubmed..Setting out from this assumption, we earlier found that the kinesin light-chain 1 (KNS2) cytoskeleton motor protein 56836CC single nucleotide polymorphism conferred a risk of LA in hypertensive smokers...