Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kif1b
Description: kinesin family member 1B
Alias: kinesin-like protein KIF1B, kinesin-family protein KIF1Bbeta3
- Mok H, Shin H, Kim S, Lee J, Yoon J, Kim E. Association of the kinesin superfamily motor protein KIF1Balpha with postsynaptic density-95 (PSD-95), synapse-associated protein-97, and synaptic scaffolding molecule PSD-95/discs large/zona occludens-1 proteins. J Neurosci. 2002;22:5253-8 pubmedMutation in KIF1B, a kinesin superfamily motor protein, causes a peripheral neuropathy known as Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2A (CMT2A). Little is known, however, about how a defective KIF1B gene leads to CMT2A...
- Lin M, Sheng Z. Regulation of mitochondrial transport in neurons. Exp Cell Res. 2015;334:35-44 pubmed publisher..The review focuses on microtubule (MT)-based mitochondrial trafficking and anchoring. Additional insight from different perspectives can be found in other in-depth reviews. ..
- Maximino J, de Oliveira G, Alves C, Chadi G. Deregulated expression of cytoskeleton related genes in the spinal cord and sciatic nerve of presymptomatic SOD1(G93A) Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis mouse model. Front Cell Neurosci. 2014;8:148 pubmed publisher..b>Kif1b was the unique deregulated gene in more than one studied region or presymptomatic age...
- Melo T, D unhao A, Martins S, Farizatto K, Chaves R, Ferrari M. Rotenone-dependent changes of anterograde motor protein expression and mitochondrial mobility in brain areas related to neurodegenerative diseases. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2013;33:327-35 pubmed publisher..the present study, we aimed to evaluate mitochondria mobility as well as protein and messenger RNA expression of KIF1B and KIF5 that are molecular motors for neuronal anterograde traffic, in hippocampus, substantia nigra, and locus ..
- Matsushita M, Tanaka S, Nakamura N, Inoue H, Kanazawa H. A novel kinesin-like protein, KIF1Bbeta3 is involved in the movement of lysosomes to the cell periphery in non-neuronal cells. Traffic. 2004;5:140-51 pubmedThe kinesin superfamily protein, KIF1Bbeta, a splice variant of KIF1B, is involved in the transport of synaptic vesicles in neuronal cells, and is also expressed in various non-neuronal tissues...
- Faire K, Gruber D, Bulinski J. Identification of kinesin-like molecules in myogenic cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 1998;77:27-34 pubmed..The second molecule identified is a rat homolog of murine KIF1B, a putative mitochondrial transporter...
- Zhao C, Takita J, Tanaka Y, Setou M, Nakagawa T, Takeda S, et al. Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2A caused by mutation in a microtubule motor KIF1Bbeta. Cell. 2001;105:587-97 pubmedThe kinesin superfamily motor protein KIF1B has been shown to transport mitochondria. Here, we describe an isoform of KIF1B, KIF1Bbeta, that is distinct from KIF1B in its cargo binding domain...
- Matsushita M, Yamamoto R, Mitsui K, Kanazawa H. Altered motor activity of alternative splice variants of the mammalian kinesin-3 protein KIF1B. Traffic. 2009;10:1647-54 pubmed publisher..However, the roles of many motor protein splice variants remain unclear. The kinesin-3 motor protein KIF1B has alternatively spliced isoforms distinguished by the presence or absence of insertion sequences in the ..
- Chung C, Koprich J, Siddiqi H, Isacson O. Dynamic changes in presynaptic and axonal transport proteins combined with striatal neuroinflammation precede dopaminergic neuronal loss in a rat model of AAV alpha-synucleinopathy. J Neurosci. 2009;29:3365-73 pubmed publisher..Levels of anterograde transport motor proteins (KIF1A, KIF1B, KIF2A, and KIF3A) were decreased in the striatum, whereas retrograde motor proteins (dynein, dynamitin, and ..
- Pantelidou M, Zographos S, Lederer C, Kyriakides T, Pfaffl M, Santama N. Differential expression of molecular motors in the motor cortex of sporadic ALS. Neurobiol Dis. 2007;26:577-89 pubmed..No mutations causing splicing defects or altering protein-coding sequences were identified in the genes of the three proteins. The present study implicates two motor proteins as possible candidates in SALS pathology. ..