Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kcnn1
Description: potassium calcium-activated channel subfamily N member 1
Alias: KCa2.1, small conductance calcium-activated potassium channel protein 1, SK1, SKCa 1, SKCa1, potassium channel, calcium activated intermediate/small conductance subfamily N alpha, member 1, potassium intermediate/small conductance calcium-activated channel, subfamily N, member 1, potassium intermediate/small conductance calcium-activated channel, subfamily N, member 1-like
- Gymnopoulos M, Cingolani L, Pedarzani P, Stocker M. Developmental mapping of small-conductance calcium-activated potassium channel expression in the rat nervous system. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:1072-101 pubmed publisher..in situ hybridization mapping study, providing comprehensive distribution profiles of all three SK subunits (SK1, SK2, and SK3) in the rat CNS during embryonic and postnatal development...
- Wang Y, Qu L, Wang X, Gao L, Li Z, Gao G, et al. Firing pattern modulation through SK channel current increase underlies neuronal survival in an organotypic slice model of Parkinson's disease. Mol Neurobiol. 2015;51:424-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, SK channel current is a substantial element in sustaining the SNc DA neuronal rhythmic pacemaking and homeostasis and perturbing SK channel activity underlies 6-OHDA-induced neurotoxicity. ..
- Tuteja D, Xu D, Timofeyev V, Lu L, Sharma D, Zhang Z, et al. Differential expression of small-conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels SK1, SK2, and SK3 in mouse atrial and ventricular myocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;289:H2714-23 pubmed..2) channels in human and mouse cardiac myocytes. Here, we report cloning of SK1 (KCa2.1) and SK3 (KCa2.3) channels from mouse atria and ventricles using RT-PCR...
- N GOUEMO P, Yasuda R, Faingold C. Protein expression of small conductance calcium-activated potassium channels is altered in inferior colliculus neurons of the genetically epilepsy-prone rat. Brain Res. 2009;1270:107-11 pubmed publisher..The present report shows that the levels of protein expression of SK1 and SK3 subtypes of the small conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels were significantly decreased, while SK2 ..
- Noble K, Floyd R, Shmygol A, Shmygol A, Mobasheri A, Wray S. Distribution, expression and functional effects of small conductance Ca-activated potassium (SK) channels in rat myometrium. Cell Calcium. 2010;47:47-54 pubmed publisher..This study therefore characterises the expression of the three SK channel isoforms (SK1-3) in rat myometrium throughout pregnancy and investigates their effect on cytosolic [Ca] and force and compares ..