Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kcnk9
Description: potassium two pore domain channel subfamily K member 9
Alias: Task-3, Task3, potassium channel subfamily K member 9, TWIK-related acid-sensitive K(+) channel 3, acid-sensitive potassium channel protein TASK-3, potassium channel, subfamily K, member 9 (Task-3), potassium channel, two pore domain subfamily K, member 9, two pore K(+) channel KT3.2, two pore potassium channel KT3.2
- Zanzouri M, Lauritzen I, Lazdunski M, Patel A. The background K(+) channel TASK-3 is regulated at both the transcriptional and post-transcriptional levels. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:1350-7 pubmed..Both regions contribute to inhibit expression of a reporter gene. Given the direct consequence of membrane potential on TASK-3 expression, this is an important first step towards the understanding of the complex regulation of this gene. ..
- Zanzouri M, Lauritzen I, Duprat F, Mazzuca M, Lesage F, Lazdunski M, et al. Membrane potential-regulated transcription of the resting K+ conductance TASK-3 via the calcineurin pathway. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28910-8 pubmed..The appearance of this conductance may play an important role in the transition of depolarized immature neurons to their mature hyperpolarized state during neuronal development. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Taniguchi K. Heterogeneous expression of TASK-3 and TRAAK in rat paraganglionic cells. Histochem Cell Biol. 2003;120:335-9 pubmed
- Berg A, Bayliss D. Striatal cholinergic interneurons express a receptor-insensitive homomeric TASK-3-like background K+ current. J Neurophysiol. 2007;97:1546-52 pubmed..We have combined molecular neuroanatomy with whole cell electrophysiology to demonstrate that TASK-3 (K(2P)9.1, Kcnk9) subunits contribute to leak K(+) currents in striatal cholinergic interneurons...
- Meuth S, Kanyshkova T, Meuth P, Landgraf P, Munsch T, Ludwig A, et al. Membrane resting potential of thalamocortical relay neurons is shaped by the interaction among TASK3 and HCN2 channels. J Neurophysiol. 2006;96:1517-29 pubmed..RT-PCR experiments revealed the expression of TASK1, TASK3, and HCN1-4...
- Rusznák Z, Pocsai K, Kovacs I, Por A, Pal B, Biro T, et al. Differential distribution of TASK-1, TASK-2 and TASK-3 immunoreactivities in the rat and human cerebellum. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2004;61:1532-42 pubmed..The pia mater, astrocytes, Purkinje and granule cells demonstrated strong TASK-1 and TASK-3 positivities. The TASK-3 labelling was stronger in general, but it was particularly intense in the Purkinje cells and pia mater. ..
- Callahan R, Labunskiy D, Logvinova A, Abdallah M, Liu C, Cotten J, et al. Immunolocalization of TASK-3 (KCNK9) to a subset of cortical neurons in the rat CNS. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:525-30 pubmed..These results provide a more finely detailed picture of TASK-3 expression and indicate a role for TASK-3 in modulating cerebral synaptic transmission and responses to CNS active drugs. ..
- Lauritzen I, Zanzouri M, Honore E, Duprat F, Ehrengruber M, Lazdunski M, et al. K+-dependent cerebellar granule neuron apoptosis. Role of task leak K+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32068-76 pubmed..TASK leak K+ channels thus play an important role in K+-dependent apoptosis of cerebellar granule neurons in culture. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Kummer W, Atoji Y, Suzuki Y. TASK-1, TASK-2, TASK-3 and TRAAK immunoreactivities in the rat carotid body. Brain Res. 2002;950:304-7 pubmed..Our results indicate that TASK-1 immunoreactivity was ubiquitously distributed in many cell types and immunoreactivities for TASK-2, TASK-3 and TRAAK were cell type specific distribution patterns in the rat carotid body. ..
- Kim J, Yeo S, Ryu H, Chung C, Kim M, Kang T. Changes in TWIK-related acid sensitive K+-1 and -3 channel expressions from neurons to glia in the hippocampus of temporal lobe epilepsy patients and experimental animal model. Neurochem Res. 2011;36:2155-68 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that TASK-1 and -3 are differentially expressed in the normal and epileptic hippocampus, and suggest that TASK channels may contribute to the properties of the epileptic hippocampus. ..
- Marinc C, Prüss H, Derst C, Veh R. Immunocytochemical localization of TASK-3 channels in rat motor neurons. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2012;32:309-18 pubmed publisher..In situ hybridization using a TASK-3 specific riboprobe verified the expression of TASK-3 in motor neurons at the mRNA level. ..
- Kubota K, Ohtake N, Ohbuchi K, Mase A, Imamura S, Sudo Y, et al. Hydroxy-Î± sanshool induces colonic motor activity in rat proximal colon: a possible involvement of KCNK9. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015;308:G579-90 pubmed publisher..Hydroxy-Î± sanshool (HAS), a readily absorbable active ingredient of TU-100 and a KCNK3/KCNK9/KCNK18 blocker as well as TRPV1/TRPA1 agonist, has been investigated for its effects on colonic motility...
- Kanjhan R, Balke C, Housley G, Bellingham M, Noakes P. Developmental expression of two-pore domain K+ channels, TASK-1 and TREK-1, in the rat cochlea. Neuroreport. 2004;15:437-41 pubmed..The distribution of TASK-1 and TREK-1 suggest a role in K cycling and homeostasis. As TASK-1 and TREK-1 are inhibited by local anesthetics at doses used to treat tinnitus, 2P K channels may also be important in cochlear dysfunction. ..
- Washburn C, Bayliss D, Guyenet P. Cardiorespiratory neurons of the rat ventrolateral medulla contain TASK-1 and TASK-3 channel mRNA. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2003;138:19-35 pubmed..TASK channels presumably mediate excitatory effects of numerous transmitters on these neurons and may contribute to their pH-sensitivity. ..
- Karschin C, Wischmeyer E, Preisig Müller R, Rajan S, Derst C, Grzeschik K, et al. Expression pattern in brain of TASK-1, TASK-3, and a tandem pore domain K(+) channel subunit, TASK-5, associated with the central auditory nervous system. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2001;18:632-48 pubmed..Thus, TASK-5 K(+) channels, possibly in conjunction with auxiliary proteins, may play a role in the transmission of temporal information in the auditory system. ..
- Han J, Truell J, Gnatenco C, Kim D. Characterization of four types of background potassium channels in rat cerebellar granule neurons. J Physiol. 2002;542:431-44 pubmed..Our results also show that the high sensitivity of I(K,SO) to extracellular pH comes from the high sensitivity of Type 2 (TASK-3) and Type 4 K+ channels. ..
- Zhang H, Dong H, Cilz N, Kurada L, Hu B, Wada E, et al. Neurotensinergic Excitation of Dentate Gyrus Granule Cells via GÎ±q-Coupled Inhibition of TASK-3 Channels. Cereb Cortex. 2016;26:977-90 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a cellular mechanism that helps to explain the roles of NT in learning and memory. ..
- Blankenship M, Coyle D, Baccei M. Transcriptional expression of voltage-gated Na? and voltage-independent K? channels in the developing rat superficial dorsal horn. Neuroscience. 2013;231:305-14 pubmed publisher..of two-pore domain (K(2P)) K(+) channels, as TWIK-related acid-sensitive K(+) channels TASK-1 (KCNK3) and TASK-3 (KCNK9) were down-regulated during postnatal development in the absence of any changes in the tandem of pore domains in a ..
- Vega Saenz de Miera E, Lau D, Zhadina M, Pountney D, Coetzee W, Rudy B. KT3.2 and KT3.3, two novel human two-pore K(+) channels closely related to TASK-1. J Neurophysiol. 2001;86:130-42 pubmed..Medium expression levels were found in neocortex. The KT3.2 gene is located at chromosome 8q24 1-3, and the KT3.3 gene maps to chromosome 20q13.1...
- Niemeyer M, Cid L, Peña Münzenmayer G, Sepúlveda F. Separate gating mechanisms mediate the regulation of K2P potassium channel TASK-2 by intra- and extracellular pH. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16467-75 pubmed publisher..We conclude that intracellular pH, together with pH(o), is a critical determinant of TASK-2 activity and therefore of its physiological function. ..
- Czirják G, Enyedi P. TASK-3 dominates the background potassium conductance in rat adrenal glomerulosa cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:621-9 pubmed..The high level of expression and its pharmacological properties suggest that TASK-3 dominates the resting potassium conductance of glomerulosa cells. ..
- Marinc C, Derst C, Prüss H, Veh R. Immunocytochemical localization of TASK-3 protein (K2P9.1) in the rat brain. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2014;34:61-70 pubmed..Particularly weak expression was demonstrated in the forebrain. This report provides a comprehensive overview of TASK-3 protein expression in the rat brain. ..