Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kcnip3
Description: Kv channel interacting protein 3, calsenilin
Alias: Csen, Dream, rKChIP3, A-type potassium channel modulating protein 3, A-type potassium channel modulatory protein 3, DRE-antagonist modulator, KChIP3, calsenilin, calsenilin presenilin-binding protein EF hand transcription factor, calsenilin, presenilin binding protein, EF hand transcription factor, calsenilin, presenilin-binding protein, EF hand transcription fa, calsenilin, presenilin-binding protein, EF hand transcription factor, downstream regulatory element-antagonist modulator, kv channel-interacting protein 3
- Transcriptional repressor DREAM interacts with thyroid transcription factor-1 and regulates thyroglobulin gene expressionMarcos Rivas
Dpto Biología Molecular y Celular, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, CSIC 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 279:33114-22. 2004..b>DREAM is a Ca2+-dependent transcriptional repressor widely expressed in the brain where it participates in nociception ..
- Modulation of A-type potassium channels by a family of calcium sensorsW F An
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nature 403:553-6. 2000..As the activity and density of neuronal A-type currents tightly control responses to excitatory synaptic inputs, these KChIPs may regulate A-type currents, and hence neuronal excitability, in response to changes in intracellular calcium...
- Increases in mRNA and DREAM protein expression in the rat spinal cord after formalin induced painIdris Long
School of Health Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Health Campus, 16150, Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
Neurochem Res 36:533-9. 2011b>Downstream Regulatory Element Antagonist Modulator (DREAM) protein modulates pain by regulating prodynorphin gene transcription...
- Expression and high glucose-mediated regulation of K+ channel interacting protein 3 (KChIP3) and KV4 channels in retinal Müller glial cellsErika Chavira-Suárez
Department of Pharmacobiology, Centro de Investigación y de Estudios Avanzados Cinvestav, Mexico City, Mexico
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 404:678-83. 2011..Recently, we showed that Müller cells express the pleiotropic protein potassium channel interacting protein 3 (KChIP3), an integral component of the voltage-gated K(+) channels K(V)4...
- Sumoylation regulates nuclear localization of repressor DREAMMalgorzata Palczewska
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:1050-8. 2011b>DREAM is a Ca(2+)-binding protein with specific functions in different cell compartments. In the nucleus, DREAM acts as a transcriptional repressor, although the mechanism that controls its nuclear localization is unknown...
- Distinct responses of DREAM to electroacupuncture stimulation with different frequencies during physiological and inflammatory conditions in ratsYi Li
Neuroscience Research Institute and Department of Neurobiology, The Key Laboratory for Neuroscience of the Ministry of Education and of Health, Peking University, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, People s Republic of China
Neurochem Res 33:2070-7. 2008..Here we report that the transcriptional repressor downstream regulatory element antagonist modulator (DREAM) of dynorphin precursor-preprodynorphin (PPD) may participate in this process...
- D-Serine/N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor signaling decreases DNA-binding activity of the transcriptional repressor DREAM in Müller glia from the retinaErika Chavira-Suárez
Departamento de Farmacobiologia, CINVESTAV Sede Sur, Mexico DF, Mexico
Neurosci Lett 432:121-6. 2008..We have found that the transcription factor DREAM (downstream regulatory element antagonist modulator), which acts as a transcriptional repressor by binding as a tetramer to regulatory elements ..
- Distribution of downstream regulatory element antagonist modulator (DREAM) in rat spinal cord and upregulation of its expression during inflammatory painYing Zhang
Neuroscience Research Institute, Department of Neurobiology, The Key Laboratory for Neuroscience, The Ministry of Education, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, 100083, P R China
Neurochem Res 32:1592-9. 2007A previous knockout study revealed the critical role of downstream regulatory element antagonist modulator (DREAM) in pain processing in the spinal cord by transcriptional regulation of prodynorphin (PPD) gene...
- Glutamate activates c-fos in glial cells via a novel mechanism involving the glutamate receptor subtype mGlu5 and the transcriptional repressor DREAMYlva Edling
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Glia 55:328-40. 2007..reporter assays, DRE, which actively represses c-fos by binding the calcium-binding transcriptional repressor DREAM, was activated by glutamate, whereas SRE and CRE were not...
- Multiprotein assembly of Kv4.2, KChIP3 and DPP10 produces ternary channel complexes with ISA-like propertiesHenry H Jerng
Department of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, S630, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Physiol 568:767-88. 2005..Since KChIP and DPL distributions overlap in the brain, we investigated the potential coassembly of Kv4.2, KChIP3 and DPL proteins, and the contribution of DPLs to ternary complex properties...
- The transcriptional repressor DREAM is involved in thyroid gene expressionBarbara D'Andrea
Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale CNR and Dpt di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Exp Cell Res 305:166-78. 2005Downstream regulatory element antagonistic modulator (DREAM) was originally identified in neuroendocrine cells as a calcium-binding protein that specifically binds to downstream regulatory elements (DRE) on DNA, and represses ..
- KChIPs and Kv4 alpha subunits as integral components of A-type potassium channels in mammalian brainKenneth J Rhodes
Neuroscience, Wyeth Discovery Research, Princeton, New Jersey 08543, USA
J Neurosci 24:7903-15. 2004....
- A fundamental role for KChIPs in determining the molecular properties and trafficking of Kv4.2 potassium channelsRiichi Shibata
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
J Biol Chem 278:36445-54. 2003..2 hydrophobic domain. These studies point to an essential role for KChIPs in determining both the biophysical and molecular characteristics of Kv4 channels and provide a molecular basis for the dramatic phenotype of KChIP knockout mice...
- Cloning and mRNA expression of the Ca2+-binding DREAM protein in the pituitaryGilles M Leclerc
Laboratory of Molecular Dynamics, Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 129:45-55. 2002..Recently, a novel gene has been identified in neuroendocrine cells that encodes DREAM, a calcium-binding protein that acts as a transcriptional repressor by binding specific downstream regulatory ..
- Palmitoylation of KChIP splicing variants is required for efficient cell surface expression of Kv4.3 channelsKoichi Takimoto
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 3343 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
J Biol Chem 277:26904-11. 2002The Ca(2+)-binding proteins KChIP1-4 (KChIP3 is also known as DREAM and calsenilin) act as auxiliary subunits for voltage-gated K(+) channels in the Kv4 family...
- Molecular cloning and expression of the novel splice variants of K(+) channel-interacting protein 2S Ohya
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 3 1 Tanabedori, Mizuhoku, Nagoya, 467 8603, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 282:96-102. 2001..3 and KChIP2S/L were analyzed in native and Kv4.3-expressed HEK293 cells. Specific localization of GFP-fused KChIP2S/L proteins on or near cell membrane was observed only in Kv4.3-expressed HEK293 cells...
- Ca2+-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II represses cardiac transcription of the L-type calcium channel alpha(1C)-subunit gene (Cacna1c) by DREAM translocationJarkko J Ronkainen
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Eastern Finland, PO Box 1627, Neulaniementie 2, FI 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Physiol 589:2669-86. 2011..abolished by deletion of the downstream regulatory element (DRE), which binds transcriptional repressor DREAM/calsenilin/KChIP3...
- REGULATION OF CARDIAC POTASSIUM CHANNEL GENE EXPRESSIONKoichi Takimoto; Fiscal Year: 2002..x gene expression independently of hypertrophy. Hence, this proposal is to test these possibilities using hypertension animal models and neonatal myocyte cultures. ..
- Regulation of Kv Channels by AnorexigensBruce Pitt; Fiscal Year: 2007..1 proteins, inhibition of Kv1.5 gene transcription and blockade of Kv currents at plasma membrane. ..