Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kat5
Description: lysine acetyltransferase 5
Alias: Htatip, Htatip1, Tip60, histone acetyltransferase KAT5, 60 kDa Tat-interactive protein, HIV-1 Tat interactive protein, 60 kD, HIV-1 tat interactive protein, homolog, K(lysine) acetyltransferase 5, histone acetyltransferase HTATIP
- Muckova K, Duffield J, Held K, Bonventre J, Sheridan A. cPLA2-interacting protein, PLIP, causes apoptosis and decreases G1 phase in mesangial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;290:F70-9 pubmed..Kidney Int 52: 294-308, 199). cPLA2-interacting protein (PLIP), the Tip60 splice variant, interacts with cPLA2 and enhances the susceptibility of renal mesangial cells to serum deprivation-..
- Cao X, Sudhof T. A transcriptionally [correction of transcriptively] active complex of APP with Fe65 and histone acetyltransferase Tip60. Science. 2001;293:115-20 pubmed..tail of APP forms a multimeric complex with the nuclear adaptor protein Fe65 and the histone acetyltransferase Tip60. This complex potently stimulates transcription via heterologous Gal4- or LexA-DNA binding domains, suggesting ..
- Coffey K, Blackburn T, Cook S, Golding B, Griffin R, Hardcastle I, et al. Characterisation of a Tip60 specific inhibitor, NU9056, in prostate cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45539 pubmed publisherb>Tip60 (KAT5) is a histone acetyltransferase (HAT enzyme) involved in multiple cellular processes including transcriptional regulation, DNA damage repair and cell signalling...
- Tetievsky A, Horowitz M. Posttranslational modifications in histones underlie heat acclimation-mediated cytoprotective memory. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2010;109:1552-61 pubmed publisher..Histone acetyltransferase recruitment of TIP60 (60-kDa histone acetyltransferase-interactive protein), the catalytic subunit of NuH4, was used to validate ..
- CARLSON E, Magid R, Petryk A, Georgieff M. Iron deficiency alters expression of genes implicated in Alzheimer disease pathogenesis. Brain Res. 2008;1237:75-83 pubmed publisher..Quantitative PCR confirmed altered regulation in 6 of 7 Alzheimer-related genes (Apbb1, C1qa, Clu, App, Cst3, Fn1, Htatip) in iron-deficient rats relative to iron-sufficient controls at P15...
- Stante M, Minopoli G, Passaro F, Raia M, Vecchio L, Russo T. Fe65 is required for Tip60-directed histone H4 acetylation at DNA strand breaks. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:5093-8 pubmed publisher..A known partner of Fe65 is the histone acetyltransferase Tip60. Considering the crucial role of Tip60 in DNA repair, we explored the hypothesis that the phenotype of Fe65 null ..
- ..To reconcile these differences, we propose that antirepression, the release of p53 from repression by factors such as Mdm2 and MdmX, is a key step in the physiological activation of p53. ..
- Mahajan M, Stanley F. Insulin-activated Elk-1 recruits the TIP60/NuA4 complex to increase prolactin gene transcription. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;382:159-169 pubmed publisher..A number of the components of the TIP60/NuA4 complex interacted with Elk-1 suggesting that Elk-1 might activate transcription by recruiting the TIP60 ..
- Patani N, Jiang W, Newbold R, Mokbel K. Histone-modifier gene expression profiles are associated with pathological and clinical outcomes in human breast cancer. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:4115-25 pubmed..with conventional pathological parameters and prognostic indices: tumor grade (K (lysine) acetyltransferase 5 (KAT5), HDAC1, KDM4A, SUV39H1 and KDM6A)); TNM stage (SUV39H1, K (lysine) acetyltransferase 2B (KAT2B), lysine (K)-..
- Xu S, Panikker P, Iqbal S, Elefant F. Tip60 HAT Action Mediates Environmental Enrichment Induced Cognitive Restoration. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0159623 pubmed publisher..Here, we examine a role for Tip60 HAT action in mediating activity- dependent beneficial neuroadaptations to EE using the Drosophila CNS mushroom ..
- Li B, Samanta A, Song X, Iacono K, Bembas K, Tao R, et al. FOXP3 interactions with histone acetyltransferase and class II histone deacetylases are required for repression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:4571-6 pubmed..by FOXP3 involves a histone acetyltransferase-deacetylase complex that includes histone acetyltransferase TIP60 (Tat-interactive protein, 60 kDa) and class II histone deacetylases HDAC7 and HDAC9...
- Aksenov M, Hasselrot U, Wu G, Nath A, Anderson C, Mactutus C, et al. Temporal relationships between HIV-1 Tat-induced neuronal degeneration, OX-42 immunoreactivity, reactive astrocytosis, and protein oxidation in the rat striatum. Brain Res. 2003;987:1-9 pubmed..Results of our study support the hypothesis that oxidative stress may be an early step in the mechanism of Tat neurotoxicity. ..
- Frank S, Parisi T, Taubert S, Fernandez P, Fuchs M, Chan H, et al. MYC recruits the TIP60 histone acetyltransferase complex to chromatin. EMBO Rep. 2003;4:575-80 pubmed..MYC associates with TRRAP, a subunit of distinct macromolecular complexes that contain the HATs GCN5/PCAF or TIP60. Although the association of MYC with GCN5 has been shown, its interaction with TIP60 has never been analysed...
- Kioussi C, Briata P, Baek S, Rose D, Hamblet N, Herman T, et al. Identification of a Wnt/Dvl/beta-Catenin --> Pitx2 pathway mediating cell-type-specific proliferation during development. Cell. 2002;111:673-85 pubmed
- Wang J, Liu N, Liu Z, Li Y, Song C, Yuan H, et al. The orphan nuclear receptor Rev-erbbeta recruits Tip60 and HDAC1 to regulate apolipoprotein CIII promoter. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:224-36 pubmed..Rev-erbbeta was found to transcriptionally repress apoCIII after binding to the apoCIII promoter. Tip60, a histone acetyl-transferase (HAT), was a novel binding partner for Rev-erbbeta and recruited to the apoCIII ..
- Obri A, Ouararhni K, Papin C, Diebold M, Padmanabhan K, Marek M, et al. ANP32E is a histone chaperone that removes H2A.Z from chromatin. Nature. 2014;505:648-53 pubmed publisher..Z chaperone. We show that ANP32E is a member of the presumed H2A.Z histone-exchange complex p400/TIP60. ANP32E interacts with a short region of the docking domain of H2A.Z through a new motif termed H2A...
- Sheridan A, Force T, Yoon H, O LEARY E, Choukroun G, Taheri M, et al. PLIP, a novel splice variant of Tip60, interacts with group IV cytosolic phospholipase A(2), induces apoptosis, and potentiates prostaglandin production. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:4470-81 pubmed..We have identified a nuclear protein, cPLA(2)-interacting protein (PLIP), a splice variant of human Tip60, which interacts with the amino terminal region of cPLA(2)...
- Beckerman R, Prives C. Transcriptional regulation by p53. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2010;2:a000935 pubmed publisher..How p53 is able to discriminate between these different loci is the subject of intense research. Here, we describe key aspects of the fundamentals of p53-mediated transcriptional regulation and target gene promoter selectivity. ..