Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kat2b
Description: lysine acetyltransferase 2B
Alias: Pcaf, histone acetyltransferase KAT2B, K(lysine) acetyltransferase 2B, p300/CBP-associated factor
- Pons D, Trompet S, de Craen A, Thijssen P, Quax P, De Vries M, et al. Genetic variation in PCAF, a key mediator in epigenetics, is associated with reduced vascular morbidity and mortality: evidence for a new concept from three independent prospective studies. Heart. 2011;97:143-50 pubmed publisher..counterbalancing influence of genetic variation in the promoter of the gene encoding P300/CBP associated factor (PCAF), a lysine acetyltransferase (KAT), on coronary heart disease (CHD) and mortality...
- Cao D, Wang Z, Zhang C, Oh J, Xing W, Li S, et al. Modulation of smooth muscle gene expression by association of histone acetyltransferases and deacetylases with myocardin. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:364-76 pubmed..These findings point to myocardin as a nexus for positive and negative regulation of smooth muscle gene expression by changes in chromatin acetylation. ..
- Benlhabib H, Mendelson C. Epigenetic regulation of surfactant protein A gene (SP-A) expression in fetal lung reveals a critical role for Suv39h methyltransferases during development and hypoxia. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:1949-58 pubmed publisher..we observed that the developmental induction of SP-A was associated with increased recruitment of TTF-1, NF-?B, PCAF, and CBP, as well as enhanced acetylation and decreased methylation of histone H3K9 at the TBE...
- Zhu C, Qin Y, Xie D, Chua D, Fung J, Chen L, et al. Characterization of tumor suppressive function of P300/CBP-associated factor at frequently deleted region 3p24 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncogene. 2009;28:2821-8 pubmed publisher..of 3p24 was frequently detected in ESCC and one candidate tumor suppressor gene (TSG), p300/CBP-associated factor (PCAF), was identified within the region. In this study, downregulation of PCAF was detected in 23/40 (57...
- Gupta M, Samant S, Smith S, Shroff S. HDAC4 and PCAF bind to cardiac sarcomeres and play a role in regulating myofilament contractile activity. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:10135-46 pubmed publisher..We found that a Class II HDAC, HDAC4, and an HAT, PCAF, associate with cardiac myofilaments...
- Mateo F, Vidal Laliena M, Canela N, Zecchin A, Martínez Balbás M, Agell N, et al. The transcriptional co-activator PCAF regulates cdk2 activity. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:7072-84 pubmed publisher..We report here that the transcriptional co-activator PCAF directly interacts with cdk2. This interaction is mainly produced during S and G(2)/M phases of the cell cycle...
- Colussi C, Scopece A, Vitale S, Spallotta F, Mattiussi S, Rosati J, et al. P300/CBP associated factor regulates nitroglycerin-dependent arterial relaxation by N(?)-lysine acetylation of contractile proteins. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:2435-43 pubmed publisher..Hence, combination of epigenetic drugs and nitroglycerin may be envisaged as a novel treatment strategy for coronary artery disease symptoms and other cardiovascular accidents of ischemic origin. ..
- Rajamohan S, Pillai V, Gupta M, Sundaresan N, Birukov K, Samant S, et al. SIRT1 promotes cell survival under stress by deacetylation-dependent deactivation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:4116-29 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the activity of PARP1 is under the control of SIRT1, which is necessary for survival of cells under stress conditions. ..
- Shi L, Ko S, Kim S, Echchgadda I, Oh T, Song C, et al. Loss of androgen receptor in aging and oxidative stress through Myb protooncoprotein-regulated reciprocal chromatin dynamics of p53 and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase PARP-1. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:36474-85 pubmed publisher..This study may provide insights as to how advancing age and intracellular redox balance might influence androgen-regulated physiology. ..
- Barbacci E, Chalkiadaki A, Masdeu C, Haumaitre C, Lokmane L, Loirat C, et al. HNF1beta/TCF2 mutations impair transactivation potential through altered co-regulator recruitment. Hum Mol Genet. 2004;13:3139-49 pubmed..weakly or not affected, correlated with the loss of association with one of the histone-acetyltransferases CBP or PCAF. In contrast to wild-type HNF1beta, whose transactivation potential depends on the synergistic action of CBP and ..
- Muth V, Nadaud S, Grummt I, Voit R. Acetylation of TAF(I)68, a subunit of TIF-IB/SL1, activates RNA polymerase I transcription. EMBO J. 2001;20:1353-62 pubmed..of the promoter-proximal terminator, we found that TTF-I associates with the p300/CBP-associated factor PCAF, suggesting that TTF-I may target histone acetyltransferase to the rDNA promoter...
- Fulco M, Schiltz R, Iezzi S, King M, Zhao P, Kashiwaya Y, et al. Sir2 regulates skeletal muscle differentiation as a potential sensor of the redox state. Mol Cell. 2003;12:51-62 pubmed..Sir2 forms a complex with the acetyltransferase PCAF and MyoD and, when overexpressed, retards muscle differentiation...
- Lee M, Partridge N. Parathyroid hormone activation of matrix metalloproteinase-13 transcription requires the histone acetyltransferase activity of p300 and PCAF and p300-dependent acetylation of PCAF. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:38014-22 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that p300/CBP-associated factor (PCAF), in addition to p300 and Runx2, is required for PTH activation of Mmp-13 transcription...
- Hiesberger T, Shao X, Gourley E, Reimann A, Pontoglio M, Igarashi P. Role of the hepatocyte nuclear factor-1beta (HNF-1beta) C-terminal domain in Pkhd1 (ARPKD) gene transcription and renal cystogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10578-86 pubmed..Expression of HNF-1alpha in proximal tubules may protect against cystogenesis. ..
- Xu W, Edmondson D, Roth S. Mammalian GCN5 and P/CAF acetyltransferases have homologous amino-terminal domains important for recognition of nucleosomal substrates. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:5659-69 pubmed..Thus, the unique amino-terminal domains of mammalian P/CAF and GCN5 may provide additional functions important to recognition of chromatin substrates and the regulation of gene expression. ..
- Fournier M, Orpinell M, Grauffel C, Scheer E, Garnier J, Ye T, et al. KAT2A/KAT2B-targeted acetylome reveals a role for PLK4 acetylation in preventing centrosome amplification. Nat Commun. 2016;7:13227 pubmed publisher..To characterize cellular functions of the human lysine acetyltransferases KAT2A (GCN5) and KAT2B (PCAF), we determined their acetylome by shotgun proteomics...
- Bradney C, Hjelmeland M, Komatsu Y, Yoshida M, Yao T, Zhuang Y. Regulation of E2A activities by histone acetyltransferases in B lymphocyte development. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2370-6 pubmed..Gel filtration analysis of human pre-B cell nuclear extract showed that E2A co-elutes with the HATs p300, CBP, and PCAF. A co-immunoprecipitation assay further demonstrated that a fraction of endogenous E2A proteins is associated with ..
- Patani N, Jiang W, Newbold R, Mokbel K. Histone-modifier gene expression profiles are associated with pathological and clinical outcomes in human breast cancer. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:4115-25 pubmed..5 (KAT5), HDAC1, KDM4A, SUV39H1 and KDM6A)); TNM stage (SUV39H1, K (lysine) acetyltransferase 2B (KAT2B), lysine (K)-specific demethylase 1A (KDM1A), KDM4A, lysine (K)-specific demethylase 5C (KDM5C), K (lysine) ..
- Beckerman R, Prives C. Transcriptional regulation by p53. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2010;2:a000935 pubmed publisher..How p53 is able to discriminate between these different loci is the subject of intense research. Here, we describe key aspects of the fundamentals of p53-mediated transcriptional regulation and target gene promoter selectivity. ..
- Yang X, Ogryzko V, Nishikawa J, Howard B, Nakatani Y. A p300/CBP-associated factor that competes with the adenoviral oncoprotein E1A. Nature. 1996;382:319-24 pubmed..Exogenous expression of P/CAF in HeLa cells inhibits cell-cycle progression and counteracts the mitogenic activity of E1A. E1A disturbs the normal cellular interaction between p300/CBP and its associated histone acetylase. ..
- Wiper Bergeron N, Salem H, Tomlinson J, Wu D, Haché R. Glucocorticoid-stimulated preadipocyte differentiation is mediated through acetylation of C/EBPbeta by GCN5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2703-8 pubmed..Here, we show that C/EBPbeta is acetylated by GCN5 and PCAF within a cluster of lysine residues between amino acids 98-102 and that this acetylation is strongly induced by ..
- Gaub P, Tedeschi A, Puttagunta R, Nguyen T, Schmandke A, Di Giovanni S. HDAC inhibition promotes neuronal outgrowth and counteracts growth cone collapse through CBP/p300 and P/CAF-dependent p53 acetylation. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:1392-408 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to the growing understanding of transcriptional regulation in neuronal outgrowth and may lay the molecular groundwork for the promotion of axonal regeneration after injury. ..
- Zhao Q, Cumming H, Cerruti L, Cunningham J, Jane S. Site-specific acetylation of the fetal globin activator NF-E4 prevents its ubiquitination and regulates its interaction with the histone deacetylase, HDAC1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41477-86 pubmed..We have shown that NF-E4 interacts directly with, and serves as a substrate for, the acetyltransferase co-activator PCAF. Acetylation of NF-E4 is restricted to a single residue (Lys(43)) in the amino-terminal domain of the protein and ..
- Amemiya Kudo M, Oka J, Ide T, Matsuzaka T, Sone H, Yoshikawa T, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding proteins activate insulin gene promoter directly and indirectly through synergy with BETA2/E47. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34577-89 pubmed..This cryptic SREBP-1c action might play a compensatory role in insulin expression in diabetes with beta cell lipotoxicity. ..
- Sarshad A, Sadeghifar F, Louvet E, Mori R, Böhm S, Al Muzzaini B, et al. Nuclear myosin 1c facilitates the chromatin modifications required to activate rRNA gene transcription and cell cycle progression. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003397 pubmed publisher..unique structural role for NM1 in which the interaction with SNF2h stabilizes B-WICH at the gene promoter and facilitates recruitment of the HAT PCAF. This leads to a permissive chromatin structure required for transcription activation.
- Lin R, Tao R, Gao X, Li T, Zhou X, Guan K, et al. Acetylation stabilizes ATP-citrate lyase to promote lipid biosynthesis and tumor growth. Mol Cell. 2013;51:506-518 pubmed publisher..Acetylation at these three lysine residues is stimulated by P300/calcium-binding protein (CBP)-associated factor (PCAF) acetyltransferase under high glucose and increases ACLY stability by blocking its ubiquitylation and degradation...
- Ravnskjaer K, Hogan M, Lackey D, Tora L, Dent S, Olefsky J, et al. Glucagon regulates gluconeogenesis through KAT2B- and WDR5-mediated epigenetic effects. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:4318-28 pubmed publisher..Dephosphorylation of CRTC2 promoted increased H3K9Ac through recruitment of the lysine acetyltransferase 2B (KAT2B) and WD repeat-containing protein 5 (WDR5), a core subunit of histone methyltransferase (HMT) complexes...
- Zhu P, Zhou W, Wang J, Puc J, Ohgi K, Erdjument Bromage H, et al. A histone H2A deubiquitinase complex coordinating histone acetylation and H1 dissociation in transcriptional regulation. Mol Cell. 2007;27:609-21 pubmed
- Jakkaraju S, Zhe X, Pan D, Choudhury R, Schuger L. TIPs are tension-responsive proteins involved in myogenic versus adipogenic differentiation. Dev Cell. 2005;9:39-49 pubmed..This study, therefore, suggests a new developmental mechanism linking the presence or absence of tension with divergent differentiation pathways. ..
- Giacinti C, Bagella L, Puri P, Giordano A, Simone C. MyoD recruits the cdk9/cyclin T2 complex on myogenic-genes regulatory regions. J Cell Physiol. 2006;206:807-13 pubmed..We show that MyoD recruits cdk9/cyclin T2, together with the histone acetyltransferases p300 and PCAF, and the chromatin remodeling complex SWI/SNF, on promoters and enhancers of muscle-specific genes, and that this ..
- Tuo H, Zheng X, Tu K, Zhou Z, Yao Y, Liu Q. [Expression of PCAF in hepatocellular carcinoma and its clinical significance]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2013;29:297-300 pubmedTo investigate the expression of P300/CBP-associated factor (PCAF) in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and its clinical significance...
- Okumura K, Mendoza M, Bachoo R, Depinho R, Cavenee W, Furnari F. PCAF modulates PTEN activity. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:26562-8 pubmed..Here, we report that PTEN interacts physically and functionally with PCAF, a histone acetyltransferase that regulates gene transcription through interaction with p300/CBP and various ..
- Wong K, Zhang J, Awasthi S, Sharma A, Rogers L, Matlock E, et al. Nerve growth factor receptor signaling induces histone acetyltransferase domain-dependent nuclear translocation of p300/CREB-binding protein-associated factor and hGCN5 acetyltransferases. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:55667-74 pubmedThe transcriptional coactivators, p300/CREB-binding protein-associated factor (PCAF) and hGCN5, are recruited to chromatin-remodeling complexes on enhancers of various gene promoters in response to growth factor stimulation...