Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Junb
Description: jun B proto-oncogene
Alias: Jun-B oncogene, transcription factor jun-B
- The differential molecular mechanisms underlying proenkephalin mRNA expression induced by forskolin and phorbol-12-myristic-13-acetate in primary cultured astrocytesJ S Won
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Hallym University, 1 Okchun dong, Chunchon, Kangwon Do, 200 702, South Korea
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 84:41-51. 2000..Differential regulation of AP-1 proteins by PMA and FSK was also observed. While c-Fos, Fra-2 and JunB were increased in response to either stimuli, only Fra-1, c-Jun and JunD were increased by PMA...
- Chronic antipsychotic drug treatment induces long-lasting expression of fos and jun family genes and activator protein 1 complex in the rat prefrontal cortexOuti Kontkanen
A I Virtanen Institute, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Neuropsychopharmacology 27:152-62. 2002..of chronic clozapine and haloperidol treatments on the expression of fos (c-fos, fosB, fra-2) and jun (c-jun, junB, junD) family genes in the rat forebrain...
- A functional activating protein 1 (AP-1) site regulates matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP-2) transcription by cardiac cells through interactions with JunB-Fra1 and JunB-FosB heterodimersMarina R Bergman
Cardiology Section, Department of Medicine, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Biochem J 369:485-96. 2003..Antibody-supershift EMSAs of nuclear extracts from normoxic rat cardiac fibroblasts demonstrated Fra1 and JunB binding to the -1410 to -1362 bp oligonucleotide...
- Activation of the cAMP pathway synergistically increases IL-1-induced IL-6 gene expression in FRTL-5 thyroid cells: involvement of AP-1 transcription factorsNicolas Szabo-Fresnais
INSERM U 486, Faculte de Pharmacie, F 92296 Chatenay Malabry, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 284:28-37. 2008..These findings contribute to elucidating the synergistic mechanisms that regulate IL-6 secretion by thyroid cells, and suggest that such mechanisms may be involved in the development of thyroid autoimmune disorders...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor stimulates collagenase-3 promoter activity in osteoblasts through an activator protein-1-binding siteS Varghese
Department of Research and Medicine, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, Connecticut 06105, USA
Endocrinology 141:2185-91. 2000..Supershift analysis of nuclear extracts revealed that bFGF stimulates the occupancy of AP-1 site by c-Jun, JunB, JunD, c-Fos, FosB, and Fra2...
- Expressions of junB and c-fos are enhanced in 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxide-induced rat tongue cancersMasanobu Ohyama
Department of Oral Pathology, Kagoshima University Dental School, Kagoshima, Japan
Pathol Int 54:35-40. 2004..study investigated the expression levels of genes that encode the components of AP-1, the jun gene family (c-jun, junB and junD) and the fos gene family (c-fos, fra-1, fra-2 and fosB)...
- Mechanical stretch and progesterone differentially regulate activator protein-1 transcription factors in primary rat myometrial smooth muscle cellsJennifer A Mitchell
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287:E439-45. 2004..Static stretch induced an increase in the expression of c-fos, fosB, fra-1, c-jun, and junB. The expression of both c-fos and junB was maximally induced at 30 min by static stretch...
- Fos- and Jun-related transcription factors are involved in the signal transduction pathway of mechanical loading in condylar chondrocytesDionisios Papachristou
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Greece
Eur J Orthod 28:20-6. 2006..downstream effector in the early response of stress-sensitive cells to mechanical loading, and the Fra-1, Fra-2, JunB and JunD members of the AP-1 transcription factor family, as mediators in bone remodelling and apoptotic phenomena...
- Heterodimerization with Jun family members regulates c-Fos nucleocytoplasmic trafficCecile E Malnou
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, CNRS, UMR5535, 1919 Route de Mende, Montpellier F 34293, France
J Biol Chem 282:31046-59. 2007c-Fos proto-oncoprotein forms AP-1 transcription complexes with heterodimerization partners such as c-Jun, JunB, and JunD. Thereby, it controls essential cell functions and exerts tumorigenic actions...
- Time-course of immediate early gene expression in hippocampal subregions of adrenalectomized rats after acute corticosterone challengeAnita C Hansson
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, 10401 Stockholm, Sweden
Brain Res 1215:1-10. 2008..We examined the region- and time-dependent transcriptional profiles of six IEGs (c-fos, fosB, fra-1, junB, c-jun and egr-1) by in situ hybridization after acute corticosterone challenge in the hippocampus and the primary ..
- Conserved structural motifs among mammalian junB genesZ Kawakami
Tsukuba Life Science Center, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research (RIKEN, Ibaraki, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 20:914. 1992
- Differential expression of activator protein-1 transcription factors in pregnant rat myometriumJennifer A Mitchell
Program in Development and Fetal Health, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Biol Reprod 67:240-6. 2002..Expression of c-fos, fosB, fra-1, fra-2, and junB was low during early gestation, with a 5- to 10-fold increase on Day 23 during labor, and returned to low levels 1 ..
- Expression of c-Fos, ICER, Krox-24 and JunB in the whisker-to-barrel pathway of rats: time course of induction upon whisker stimulation by tactile exploration of an enriched environmentSebastian Bisler
C and O Vogt Institut für Hirnforschung, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Universitatsstr 1, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Chem Neuroanat 23:187-98. 2002..b>JunB was induced after 1 h of exploration, declined at 6 h and returned to basal levels after this time point...
- Rapid effects of triiodothyronine on immediate-early gene expression in Schwann cellsG Mercier
U488 INSERM, Kremlin Bicetre, France
Glia 35:81-9. 2001..Expression of egr-1 (krox-24), egr-2 (krox-20), egr-3, c-jun, junB, c-fos, fosB, fra-1, fra-2, and CREB genes was analyzed by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) ..
- Is light-regulated AP-1 binding in the rat suprachiasmatic nucleus gated by the circadian clock?A M Francois-Bellan
INSERM U 501, Institut Federatif Jean Roche, Faculte de Medecine Nord, Universite de la Mediterranee, Bd Pierre Dramard, 13916 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 85:161-70. 2000..It was then shown that the mechanisms by which the circadian clock gates the photic induction of AP-1 components differed according to the nature of the protein...
- Regulation of AP1 (Jun/Fos) factor expression and activation in ovarian granulosa cells. Relation of JunD and Fra2 to terminal differentiationS C Sharma
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 275:33718-28. 2000..b>JunB, c-Jun, c-Fos, and Fra2 were rapidly but transiently induced by FSH in immature granulosa cells...
- Sequential increase in Egr-1 and AP-1 DNA binding activity in the dentate gyrus following the induction of long-term potentiationJ M Williams
Department of Biochemistry and Centre for Gene Research, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 77:258-66. 2000..These data indicate that binding of Egr-1 and AP-1 to their response elements is increased in two phases. This may result in activation of distinct banks of target genes which contribute to the establishment of persistent LTP...
- Overexpression of members of the AP-1 transcriptional factor family from an early stage of renal carcinogenesis and inhibition of cell growth by AP-1 gene antisense oligonucleotides in the Tsc2 gene mutant (Eker) rat modelS Urakami
Department of Experimental Pathology, Cancer Institute, 1 37 1 Kami Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Toshima ku, 170, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 241:24-30. 1997..In the present study, overexpression of fra-1, fra-2, c-jun, junB, and junD mRNAs was demonstrated in RCs by Northern blot analysis...
- Two cis-regulatory elements that mediate different signaling pathways for serum-dependent activation of the junB geneI Kitabayashi
Tsukuba Life Science Center, RIKEN The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Ibaraki, Japan
J Biol Chem 268:14482-9. 1993Transcription of the junB gene is rapidly and transiently induced by a variety of extracellular signals...
- JunB is a repressor of MMP-9 transcription in depolarized rat brain neuronsMarcin Rylski
Department of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, Nencki Institute, Pasteura 3, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
Mol Cell Neurosci 40:98-110. 2009..Furthermore, we demonstrate that in the rat hippocampus neuronal activation strongly induces JunB expression, simultaneously leading to an accumulation of JunB/FosB complexes onto the -88/-80 bp site of the rat ..