Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Jag2
Description: jagged 2
Alias: protein jagged-2
- Irvin D, Nakano I, Paucar A, Kornblum H. Patterns of Jagged1, Jagged2, Delta-like 1 and Delta-like 3 expression during late embryonic and postnatal brain development suggest multiple functional roles in progenitors and differentiated cells. J Neurosci Res. 2004;75:330-43 pubmed..Taken together, these results support multiple and differing roles for the various ligands during and after central nervous system (CNS) development. ..
- Lindner V, Booth C, Prudovsky I, Small D, Maciag T, Liaw L. Members of the Jagged/Notch gene families are expressed in injured arteries and regulate cell phenotype via alterations in cell matrix and cell-cell interaction. Am J Pathol. 2001;159:875-83 pubmed..We suggest that Jagged regulation of cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions may contribute to the control of cell migration in situations of tissue remodeling in vivo. ..
- Shimizu K, Chiba S, Hosoya N, Kumano K, Saito T, Kurokawa M, et al. Binding of Delta1, Jagged1, and Jagged2 to Notch2 rapidly induces cleavage, nuclear translocation, and hyperphosphorylation of Notch2. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:6913-22 pubmed..Moreover, the findings of rapid cleavage, nuclear translocation, and phosphorylation of Notch2 after ligand binding facilitate the understanding of the Notch signaling. ..
- Lanford P, Lan Y, Jiang R, Lindsell C, Weinmaster G, Gridley T, et al. Notch signalling pathway mediates hair cell development in mammalian cochlea. Nat Genet. 1999;21:289-92 pubmed..In addition, genetic deletion of Jag2 results in a significant increase in sensory hair cells, presumably as a result of a decrease in Notch activation...
- Hayashi T, Kageyama Y, Ishizaka K, Xia G, Kihara K, Oshima H. Requirement of Notch 1 and its ligand jagged 2 expressions for spermatogenesis in rat and human testes. J Androl. 2001;22:999-1011 pubmed
- Mitsiadis T, Regaudiat L, Gridley T. Role of the Notch signalling pathway in tooth morphogenesis. Arch Oral Biol. 2005;50:137-40 pubmed..Homozygous mutant mice die after birth, exhibit abnormal tooth morphology and fusions between the palatal and mandibular shelves. These results demonstrate that Notch signalling plays an essential role in tooth development. ..
- Casey L, Lan Y, Cho E, Maltby K, Gridley T, Jiang R. Jag2-Notch1 signaling regulates oral epithelial differentiation and palate development. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1830-44 pubmed..We previously reported that mice deficient in Jag2, which encodes a cell surface ligand for the Notch family receptors, have cleft palate associated with palate-..
- Felli M, Maroder M, Mitsiadis T, Campese A, Bellavia D, Vacca A, et al. Expression pattern of notch1, 2 and 3 and Jagged1 and 2 in lymphoid and stromal thymus components: distinct ligand-receptor interactions in intrathymic T cell development. Int Immunol. 1999;11:1017-25 pubmed
- Gray G, Mann R, Mitsiadis E, Henrique D, Carcangiu M, Banks A, et al. Human ligands of the Notch receptor. Am J Pathol. 1999;154:785-94 pubmed
- He W, Hu J, Xia Y, Yan R. ?-site amyloid precursor protein cleaving enzyme 1(BACE1) regulates Notch signaling by controlling the cleavage of Jagged 1 (Jag1) and Jagged 2 (Jag2) proteins. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:20630-7 pubmed..Wealso mapped the cleavage sites of Jag1 by ADAM10 and ADAM17. Although Jag1 shares a high degree of homology with Jag2 in the ectodomain region, BACE1 fails to cleave Jag2 effectively, indicating a selective cleavage of Jag1...
- Shawber C, Boulter J, Lindsell C, Weinmaster G. Jagged2: a serrate-like gene expressed during rat embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 1996;180:370-6 pubmed..Our data are consistent with the idea that the diversity of cell types regulated by Notch signaling is a consequence of activation of unique Notch isoforms by different DSL ligands. ..
- Chen G, Qiu Y, Sun L, Yu M, Wang W, Xiao W, et al. The jagged-2/notch-1/hes-1 pathway is involved in intestinal epithelium regeneration after intestinal ischemia-reperfusion injury. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76274 pubmed publisher..The Jagged-2/Notch-1/Hes-1 signaling pathway is involved in intestinal epithelium regeneration early after I/R injury by increasing crypt epithelial cell proliferation. ..