Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Itga2b
Description: integrin subunit alpha 2b
Alias: integrin alpha-IIb, integrin alpha 2b (Cd41b), integrin, alpha 2B
- Caby M, Lankar D, Vincendeau Scherrer C, Raposo G, Bonnerot C. Exosomal-like vesicles are present in human blood plasma. Int Immunol. 2005;17:879-87 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that blood is a physiological fluid for exosome circulation in the body, suggesting their role in cell-cell or organ-organ communications as carriers for molecules that need to reach distant cell targets. ..
- Pillois X, Fiore M, Heilig R, Picó M, Nurden A. A novel amino acid substitution of integrin ?IIb in Glanzmann thrombasthenia confirms that the N-terminal region of the receptor plays a role in maintaining ?-propeller structure. Platelets. 2013;24:77-80 pubmed publisher..Despite the large number of genetic defects reported in the ITGA2B gene, few affect the structure of the N-terminal domain of the ?IIb subunit...
- Serrano A, Gandillet A, Pearson S, Lacaud G, Kouskoff V. Contrasting effects of Sox17- and Sox18-sustained expression at the onset of blood specification. Blood. 2010;115:3895-8 pubmed publisher..Conversely, Sox17 remained marginally expressed during blood specification. Overall, our data uncover contrasting effect and expression pattern for Sox18 and Sox17 at the onset of hematopoiesis specification. ..
- Teeling J, Jansen Hendriks T, Kuijpers T, de Haas M, van de Winkel J, Hack C, et al. Therapeutic efficacy of intravenous immunoglobulin preparations depends on the immunoglobulin G dimers: studies in experimental immune thrombocytopenia. Blood. 2001;98:1095-9 pubmed..In this model, it is shown that IgG dimers present in IVIG preparations are responsible for the increase in platelet counts. (Blood. 2001;98:1095-1099) ..
- Zhang Y, Nagata Y, Yu G, Nguyen H, Jones M, Toselli P, et al. Aberrant quantity and localization of Aurora-B/AIM-1 and survivin during megakaryocyte polyploidization and the consequences of Aurora-B/AIM-1-deregulated expression. Blood. 2004;103:3717-26 pubmed..Future studies will examine the impact of survivin restoration on mouse megakaryocyte polyploidization. ..
- Rout U, Wang J, Paria B, Armant D. Alpha5beta1, alphaVbeta3 and the platelet-associated integrin alphaIIbbeta3 coordinately regulate adhesion and migration of differentiating mouse trophoblast cells. Dev Biol. 2004;268:135-51 pubmed..These data demonstrate that trafficking of alphaIIb regulates adhesion between trophoblast cells and fibronectin as invasion of the endometrium commences. ..
- Farsinejad A, Farajollahi M, Kazemi A, Saemi N, Faranoush M. Different biochemical expression pattern of platelet surface glycoproteins suggests molecular diversity of Glanzmann's thrombasthenia in Iran. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2013;24:613-8 pubmed publisher..This study also confirmed a lack of correlation between clinical manifestation and GPIIb/IIIa expression in the patients. ..
- Li R, Babu C, Lear J, Wand A, Bennett J, DeGrado W. Oligomerization of the integrin alphaIIbbeta3: roles of the transmembrane and cytoplasmic domains. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:12462-7 pubmed..Thus, these regions of the protein structure may contribute to the clustering of integrins that accompanies cellular adhesion. ..
- Kunishima S, Kashiwagi H, Otsu M, Takayama N, Eto K, Onodera M, et al. Heterozygous ITGA2B R995W mutation inducing constitutive activation of the ?IIb?3 receptor affects proplatelet formation and causes congenital macrothrombocytopenia. Blood. 2011;117:5479-84 pubmed publisher..IIb?3 has not been implicated in these conditions. We identified a novel, conserved heterozygous ITGA2B R995W mutation in 4 unrelated families...
- Iwamoto S, Nishiumi E, Kajii E, Ikemoto S. An exon 28 mutation resulting in alternative splicing of the glycoprotein IIb transcript and Glanzmann's thrombasthenia. Blood. 1994;83:1017-23 pubmed..Our studies confirm the previous data observed in COS-1 cells expressing recombinant GPIIb-28. ..
- García P, Clarke M, Vegiopoulos A, Berlanga O, Camelo A, Lorvellec M, et al. Reduced c-Myb activity compromises HSCs and leads to a myeloproliferation with a novel stem cell basis. EMBO J. 2009;28:1492-504 pubmed publisher..Instead, cells positive for Kit and expressing low to medium levels of CD11b acquire self-renewing stem cell properties and are responsible for the perpetuation of the myeloproliferative phenotype. ..
- Peretz H, Rosenberg N, Usher S, Graff E, Newman P, Coller B, et al. Glanzmann's thrombasthenia associated with deletion-insertion and alternative splicing in the glycoprotein IIb gene. Blood. 1995;85:414-20 pubmed..The observed mutation is in a region that is conserved from rodents to humans and has been suggested to be involved in the interaction between GPIIb and GPIIIa when these GPs are complexed in solution. ..
- Ding G, Jiang Q, Zhang L, Zhang Z, Li L, Knight R, et al. Analysis of combined treatment of embolic stroke in rat with r-tPA and a GPIIb/IIIa inhibitor. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2005;25:87-97 pubmed..The efficacy of combination treatment 4 hours after ischemia is reflected by MRI indices of tissue perfusion, MCA recanalization, and reduction of lesion volume. The treatment also reduced secondary microvascular perfusion deficits. ..
- Mansour W, Einav Y, Hauschner H, Koren A, Seligsohn U, Rosenberg N. An ?IIb mutation in patients with Glanzmann thrombasthenia located in the N-terminus of blade 1 of the ?-propeller (Asn2Asp) disrupts a calcium binding site in blade 6. J Thromb Haemost. 2011;9:192-200 pubmed publisher..The mechanism by which the mutation exerts its deleterious effect was elucidated by molecular dynamics. ..
- Walther A, Czabanka M, Gebhard M, Martin E. Glycoprotein IIB/IIIA-inhibition and microcirculatory alterations during experimental endotoxemia--an intravital microscopic study in the rat. Microcirculation. 2004;11:79-88 pubmed..The protective properties of abciximab on microcirculation seemed to be leukocyte-independent. ..
- Schneider D, Engelman D. Involvement of transmembrane domain interactions in signal transduction by alpha/beta integrins. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9840-6 pubmed
- Salter J, Krieglstein C, Issekutz A, Granger D. Platelets modulate ischemia/reperfusion-induced leukocyte recruitment in the mesenteric circulation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2001;281:G1432-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that platelet-associated P-selectin contributes to the accumulation of leukocytes in postischemic tissue via a mechanism that alters transendothelial leukocyte migration...