Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Irak4
Description: interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 4
Alias: interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 4
- Felderhoff Mueser U, Sifringer M, Polley O, Dzietko M, Leineweber B, Mahler L, et al. Caspase-1-processed interleukins in hyperoxia-induced cell death in the developing brain. Ann Neurol. 2005;57:50-9 pubmed..These cytokines might serve as useful targets for therapeutic approaches aimed at preserving neuronal function in the immature brain, which is exquisitely sensitive to a variety of iatrogenic measures including oxygen. ..
- Picard C, Puel A, Bonnet M, Ku C, Bustamante J, Yang K, et al. Pyogenic bacterial infections in humans with IRAK-4 deficiency. Science. 2003;299:2076-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that, in humans, the TIR-IRAK signaling pathway is crucial for protective immunity against specific bacteria but is redundant against most other microorganisms. ..
- Heinz L, Rebsamen M, Rossi D, Staehli F, Schroder K, Quadroni M, et al. The death domain-containing protein Unc5CL is a novel MyD88-independent activator of the pro-inflammatory IRAK signaling cascade. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:722-31 pubmed publisher..Unc5CL required IRAK1, IRAK4 and TNF receptor-associated factor 6 but not MyD88 for its ability to activate these pathways...
- Lye E, Mirtsos C, Suzuki N, Suzuki S, Yeh W. The role of interleukin 1 receptor-associated kinase-4 (IRAK-4) kinase activity in IRAK-4-mediated signaling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40653-8 pubmed..These results suggest that IRAK-4 is an integral part of the IL-1R signaling cascade and is capable of transmitting signals both dependent on and independent of its kinase activity. ..
- Dzietko M, Hahnemann M, Polley O, Sifringer M, Felderhoff Mueser U, BÃ¼hrer C. Effects of PMA (PHORBOL-12-MYRISTATE-13-ACETATE) on the Developing Rodent Brain. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:318306 pubmed publisher..Mice deficient in IL-18 or IRAK-4 were protected against PMA induced brain injury. PMA treatment during a vulnerable period can alter brain development. IL-18 and IRAK-4 appear to be important for the development of PMA induced injury. ..
- Mendoza Barberá E, Corral Rodríguez M, Soares Schanoski A, Velarde M, Macieira S, Messerschmidt A, et al. Contribution of globular death domains and unstructured linkers to MyD88.IRAK-4 heterodimer formation: an explanation for the antagonistic activity of MyD88s. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;380:183-7 pubmed publisher
- Wang D, Miao C, Gong J. [Effect of the liver X receptor agonist on LPS-induced inflammatory response associated factor IRAK-4 and NF-kappaB]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;25:293-5, 298 pubmed..The levels of IRAK4 and NF-kappaB mRNA and protein in the combined-treatment group were evidently lower than those in LPS group...
- Verstrepen L, Bekaert T, Chau T, Tavernier J, Chariot A, Beyaert R. TLR-4, IL-1R and TNF-R signaling to NF-kappaB: variations on a common theme. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:2964-78 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will discuss our current knowledge of NF-kappaB signaling in response to TLR-4, TNF-R and IL-1R stimulation, with a special focus on the similarities and dissimilarities among these pathways. ..