Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Irak1
Description: interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 1
Alias: RGD1563841, interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 1
- Takeuchi O, Hoshino K, Kawai T, Sanjo H, Takada H, Ogawa T, et al. Differential roles of TLR2 and TLR4 in recognition of gram-negative and gram-positive bacterial cell wall components. Immunity. 1999;11:443-51 pubmed..These results demonstrate that TLR2 and TLR4 recognize different bacterial cell wall components in vivo and TLR2 plays a major role in Gram-positive bacterial recognition. ..
- Howard M, Roux J, Iles K, Miyazawa B, Christiaans S, Anjum N, et al. Activation of the heat shock response attenuates the interleukin 1?-mediated inhibition of the amiloride-sensitive alveolar epithelial ion transport. Shock. 2013;39:189-96 pubmed publisher..Heat shock results in IRAK1 detergent insolubility and a disruption of Hsp90 binding to IRAK1...
- Dobierzewska A, Giltiay N, Sabapathi S, Karakashian A, Nikolova Karakashian M. Protein phosphatase 2A and neutral sphingomyelinase 2 regulate IRAK-1 protein ubiquitination and degradation in response to interleukin-1beta. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32064-73 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that NSMase-2- and PP2A-dependent regulation of IRAK-1 degradation is a novel mechanism to fine tune the magnitude of IL-1? response. ..
- Maitra U, Parks J, Li L. An innate immunity signaling process suppresses macrophage ABCA1 expression through IRAK-1-mediated downregulation of retinoic acid receptor alpha and NFATc2. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:5989-97 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study reveals a novel connection between innate immunity signaling processes and the regulation of ABCA1 expression in macrophages and defines a potential therapeutic target for treating atherosclerosis...
- Chao W, Shen Y, Zhu X, Zhao H, Novikov M, Schmidt U, et al. Lipopolysaccharide improves cardiomyocyte survival and function after serum deprivation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21997-2005 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest an important role of TLR4 signaling via IRAK-1 in protecting against SD-induced apoptosis. ..
- Kim J, Jobin C. The flavonoid luteolin prevents lipopolysaccharide-induced NF-kappaB signalling and gene expression by blocking IkappaB kinase activity in intestinal epithelial cells and bone-marrow derived dendritic cells. Immunology. 2005;115:375-87 pubmed..Modulation of innate immunity by natural plant products may represent an attractive strategy to prevent intestinal inflammation associated with dysregulated innate immune responses. ..
- Lye E, Mirtsos C, Suzuki N, Suzuki S, Yeh W. The role of interleukin 1 receptor-associated kinase-4 (IRAK-4) kinase activity in IRAK-4-mediated signaling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40653-8 pubmed..These results suggest that IRAK-4 is an integral part of the IL-1R signaling cascade and is capable of transmitting signals both dependent on and independent of its kinase activity. ..
- Bai S, Li D, Zhou Z, Cao J, Xu T, Zhang X, et al. Interleukin-1 Receptor-Associated Kinase 1/4 as a Novel Target for Inhibiting Neointimal Formation After Carotid Balloon Injury. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2015;22:1317-37 pubmed publisherInterleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 1 (IRAK1) and IRAK4 play essential roles in the induction of inflammatory gene products...
- Weber A, Wasiliew P, Kracht M. Interleukin-1 (IL-1) pathway. Sci Signal. 2010;3:cm1 pubmed publisher..Of note, most intracellular components that participate in the cellular response to IL-1 also mediate responses to other cytokines (IL-18 and IL-33), Toll-like-receptors (TLRs), and many forms of cytotoxic stresses. ..
- Rosati O, Martin M. Identification and characterization of murine IRAK-M. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:1472-7 pubmed
- Thomas J, Haudek S, Koroglu T, Tsen M, Bryant D, White D, et al. IRAK1 deletion disrupts cardiac Toll/IL-1 signaling and protects against contractile dysfunction. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003;285:H597-606 pubmed..demonstrate that lipopolysaccharides (LPS) activate Toll/IL-1 signaling and IL-1 receptor-associated kinase-1 (IRAK1), a critical pathway intermediate in the heart, indicating that the function of this pathway is not limited to ..
- Wei J, Wang J, Zhou Y, Yan S, Li K, Lin H. MicroRNA-146a Contributes to SCI Recovery via Regulating TRAF6 and IRAK1 Expression. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:4013487 pubmed..The expression of the probable target genes of miRNA-146a (including IRAK1 and TARF6) as well as proinflammation cytokines were measured until 7 days after surgery in the three groups (sham ..
- Xia P, Fang X, Zhang Z, Huang Q, Yan K, Kang K, et al. Dysregulation of miRNA146a versus IRAK1 induces IL-17 persistence in the psoriatic skin lesions. Immunol Lett. 2012;148:151-62 pubmed publisher..The expression pattern of miR-146a and target gene IRAK1 in lesions and PBMCs of plaque psoriasis remains unclear...
- Saitoh T, Satoh T, Yamamoto N, Uematsu S, Takeuchi O, Kawai T, et al. Antiviral protein Viperin promotes Toll-like receptor 7- and Toll-like receptor 9-mediated type I interferon production in plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Immunity. 2011;34:352-63 pubmed publisher..Viperin interacted with the signal mediators IRAK1 and TRAF6 to recruit them to the lipid bodies and facilitated K63-linked ubiquitination of IRAK1 to induce the ..
- Halkein J, Tabruyn S, Ricke Hoch M, Haghikia A, Nguyen N, Scherr M, et al. MicroRNA-146a is a therapeutic target and biomarker for peripartum cardiomyopathy. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:2143-54 pubmed publisher..which resulted in a subsequent decrease in metabolic activity and decreased expression of Erbb4, Notch1, and Irak1. Mice with cardiomyocyte-restricted Stat3 knockout (CKO mice) exhibited a PPCM-like phenotype and displayed ..
- Verstrepen L, Bekaert T, Chau T, Tavernier J, Chariot A, Beyaert R. TLR-4, IL-1R and TNF-R signaling to NF-kappaB: variations on a common theme. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:2964-78 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will discuss our current knowledge of NF-kappaB signaling in response to TLR-4, TNF-R and IL-1R stimulation, with a special focus on the similarities and dissimilarities among these pathways. ..
- Yang Y, Chen Z, Hu S, Hu J, Li B, Li J, et al. Interleukin-1 receptor associated kinases-1/4 inhibition protects against acute hypoxia/ischemia-induced neuronal injury in vivo and in vitro. Neuroscience. 2011;196:25-34 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that IRAK-1/4 inhibition plays a neuroprotective role in H/I-induced brain injury. ..
- Kumar H, Kawai T, Akira S. Pathogen recognition by the innate immune system. Int Rev Immunol. 2011;30:16-34 pubmed publisher..In this review, we comprehensively review the recent progress in the field of PAMP recognition by PRRs and the signaling pathways activated by PRRs. ..
- Belarbi K, Jopson T, Tweedie D, Arellano C, Luo W, Greig N, et al. TNF-? protein synthesis inhibitor restores neuronal function and reverses cognitive deficits induced by chronic neuroinflammation. J Neuroinflammation. 2012;9:23 pubmed publisher..Treatment with DT attenuated the expression of TLR2, TLR4, IRAK1 and Hmgb1, all genes involved in the TLR-mediated signaling pathway associated with classical microglia activation...
- Li S, Strelow A, Fontana E, Wesche H. IRAK-4: a novel member of the IRAK family with the properties of an IRAK-kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:5567-72 pubmed
- Jensen L, Whitehead A. IRAK1b, a novel alternative splice variant of interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase (IRAK), mediates interleukin-1 signaling and has prolonged stability. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:29037-44 pubmed..IL-1RI-associated kinase-1 (IRAK1) is a membrane proximal serine-threonine kinase involved in IL-1 signaling that becomes phosphorylated and ..
- Yamamoto M, Sato S, Hemmi H, Hoshino K, Kaisho T, Sanjo H, et al. Role of adaptor TRIF in the MyD88-independent toll-like receptor signaling pathway. Science. 2003;301:640-3 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that TRIF is essential for TLR3- and TLR4-mediated signaling pathways facilitating mammalian antiviral host defense. ..
- Chen Y, Chen J, Wang H, Shi J, Wu K, Liu S, et al. HCV-induced miR-21 contributes to evasion of host immune system by targeting MyD88 and IRAK1. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003248 pubmed publisher..TLR signaling pathway, myeloid differentiation factor 88 (MyD88) and interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 1 (IRAK1), which are involved in HCV-induced type I IFN production...
- Tan H, Liu X, Bi X, Xing S, Li L, Gong H, et al. IL-18 overexpression promotes vascular inflammation and remodeling in a rat model of metabolic syndrome. Atherosclerosis. 2010;208:350-7 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the levels of interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 1 (IRAK1) and the activity of nucleus factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) were also significantly increased...
- Eftekhar E, Doustaki Zaboli M, Katebi M, Soufi F. MicroRNA-146a and its adapter proteins are affected by diabetes in rat's heart. Bratisl Lek Listy. 2016;117:166-70 pubmed..adapter proteins (TNF-Î± receptor-associated factor 6 (TRAF6) and interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 1 (IRAK1)) are affected by diabetes in the rat heart...
- Chatzikyriakidou A, Voulgari P, Georgiou I, Drosos A. The role of microRNA-146a (miR-146a) and its target IL-1R-associated kinase (IRAK1) in psoriatic arthritis susceptibility. Scand J Immunol. 2010;71:382-5 pubmed publisher..The present study explores the association of miRNA-146a variant rs2910164 and of two IRAK1 (target of miR-146a) polymorphisms rs3027898 and rs1059703 with psoriasic arthritis (PsA)...