Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Insig1
Description: insulin induced gene 1
Alias: insulin-induced gene 1 protein, INSIG-1, growth response protein (CL-6), immediate-early protein CL-6, insulin-induced growth response protein CL-6
- Chen K, Jin P, He H, Xie Y, Xie X, Mo Z. Overexpression of Insig-1 protects ? cell against glucolipotoxicity via SREBP-1c. J Biomed Sci. 2011;18:57 pubmed publisher..There results suggest that Insig-1 may play a critical role in protecting ? cells against glucolipotoxicity by regulating the expression of SREBP-1c. ..
- Wu X, Pang S, Sahlin L, Blanck A, Norstedt G, Flores Morales A. Gene expression profiling of the effects of castration and estrogen treatment in the rat uterus. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:1308-17 pubmed..The present study identifies novel mediators of estrogen actions in the uterus and provides genome-wide expression data from which novel hypotheses regarding uterine function can be generated. ..
- Wang S, Liang Q, Li G, Gao K. Gene expression profile in rat small intestinal allografts after cold preservation/reperfusion. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:885-9 pubmed..The functions of the novel genes identified in our study need to be clarified further. ..
- Sun L, Li L, Goldstein J, Brown M. Insig required for sterol-mediated inhibition of Scap/SREBP binding to COPII proteins in vitro. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26483-90 pubmed publisher..This hexapeptide acts as a sterol-regulated ER sorting signal. These studies define the biochemical parameters responsible for regulated sorting of an ER membrane protein into COPII-coated vesicles...
- Diamond R, Du K, Lee V, Mohn K, Haber B, Tewari D, et al. Novel delayed-early and highly insulin-induced growth response genes. Identification of HRS, a potential regulator of alternative pre-mRNA splicing. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:15185-92 pubmed..Given the dramatic increase in RNA production during late G1, proteins induced by mitogens like insulin that control RNA processing are likely to have important roles in cell cycle regulation. ..
- Engelking L, Evers B, Richardson J, Goldstein J, Brown M, Liang G. Severe facial clefting in Insig-deficient mouse embryos caused by sterol accumulation and reversed by lovastatin. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:2356-65 pubmed
- Tong X, Christian P, Zhao M, Wang H, Moreau R, Su Q. Activation of hepatic CREBH and Insig signaling in the anti-hypertriglyceridemic mechanism of R-Î±-lipoic acid. J Nutr Biochem. 2015;26:921-8 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel insight into the therapeutic potential of LA as an anti-hypertriglyceridemia dietary molecule. ..
- Botolin D, Wang Y, Christian B, Jump D. Docosahexaneoic acid (22:6,n-3) regulates rat hepatocyte SREBP-1 nuclear abundance by Erk- and 26S proteasome-dependent pathways. J Lipid Res. 2006;47:181-92 pubmed..Thus, 22:6,n-3 suppresses hepatocyte nSREBP-1 through 26S proteasome- and Erk-dependent pathways. These studies reveal a novel mechanism for n-3 PUFA regulation of hepatocyte nSREBP-1 and lipid metabolism. ..