Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il6
Description: interleukin 6
Alias: ILg6, Ifnb2, IL-6, Interleukin 6 (interferon, beta 2), interleukin-6
Publications106 found, 100 shown here
- Habitual physical exercise improves macrophage IL-6 and TNF-α deregulated release in the obese zucker rat model of the metabolic syndromeLeticia Martín-Cordero
Departamento de Fisiologia, Grupo de Investigación de Inmunofisiología, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Extremadura, Badajoz, Espana
Neuroimmunomodulation 18:123-30. 2011..The second purpose was to evaluate in the obese rats the effects of habitual exercise and of a bout of acute exercise on the observed MS-associated deregulation in the release of TNF-α and IL-6 by peritoneal macrophages...
- Mitigation of isolation-associated adipocyte interleukin-6 secretion following rapid dissociation of adipose tissueAirlia C S Thompson
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
J Lipid Res 53:2797-805. 2012....
- Lentiviral vector-mediated down-regulation of IL-17A receptor in hepatic stellate cells results in decreased secretion of IL-6Sheng Chu Zhang
Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 18:3696-704. 2012..To investigate the mechanism of interleukin (IL)-6 secretion through blocking the IL-17A/IL-17A receptor (IL-17RA) signaling pathway with a short hairpin RNA (shRNA) in hepatic stellate cells (HSCs) in vitro...
- Anti-fibrotic activity and enhanced interleukin-6 production by hepatic stellate cells in response to imatinib mesylateYoungchul Kim
Division of Liver Diseases, Department of Medicine, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Liver Int 32:1008-17. 2012..The hepatic stellate cell (HSC) is a key target of anti-fibrotic therapies. Imatinib mesylate is a small molecule receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor indicated for treatment of chronic myelogenous leukaemia and GI stromal tumours...
- [Changes of alveolar macrophage phagocytosis and TNF-alpha, IL-6 of rats with Pneumocystis pneumonia]Zhi min Lu
Department of Parasitology, Hebei North University, Zhangjiakou 075000, China
Zhongguo Xue Xi Chong Bing Fang Zhi Za Zhi 23:428-30. 2011..To observe the changes of alveolar macrophage (AM) phagocytosis and the levels of TNF-alpha and IL-6 in AM supernatants and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) of rats with Pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP)...
- Loss of occludin expression and impairment of blood-testis barrier permeability in rats with autoimmune orchitis: effect of interleukin 6 on Sertoli cell tight junctionsCecilia Valeria Pérez
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Biol Reprod 87:122. 2012..The role of IL6 as modulator of tight junction dynamics was also evaluated because intratesticular content of this cytokine is ..
- [Effects of Quyu Jiedu Granule on expressions of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-6 mRNAs in ovarian granulosa cells of endometriosis rats]Xin Ling Li
Clinical College, Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Jinan, Shandong Province 250014, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 6:960-3. 2008....
- Sepsis-induced inflammation is exacerbated in an animal model of type 2 diabetesAsha Jacob
Department of Surgery, North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center and The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Int J Clin Exp Med 1:22-31. 2008..These studies suggest that sepsis-induced inflammation is exacerbated in an animal model of Type 2 diabetes...
- The -174G>C IL-6 gene promoter polymorphism and diabetic microvascular complicationsG Rudofsky
Department of Medicine I and Clinical Chemistry, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Horm Metab Res 41:308-13. 2009..In conclusion these data suggest no major influence of the -174G>C variant in the promoter region of the IL-6 gene on the development of microvascular complications in patients with diabetes...
- alpha1-Adrenergic receptor stimulates interleukin-6 expression and secretion through both mRNA stability and transcriptional regulation: involvement of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and nuclear factor-kappaBDianne M Perez
Department of Molecular Cardiology, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Mol Pharmacol 76:144-52. 2009..Our results indicate that alpha(1)-ARs stimulated IL-6 expression and secretion through regulating both mRNA transcription and stability, involving p38 MAPK and NF-kappaB pathways...
- Pre-existing lipopolysaccharide may increase the risk of heatstroke in ratsXiao Jing Lin
Department of Nursing, Nanfang Hospital, Southern University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Am J Med Sci 337:265-70. 2009..We attempted to ascertain whether pre-existing inflammatory state [caused by exogenous administration of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)] exacerbated multiorgan dysfunction in experimental heatstroke...
- Switch from a dominant Th1-associated immune profile during the pre-diabetic phase in favour of a temporary increase of a Th3-associated and inflammatory immune profile at the onset of type 1 diabetesAnna Ryden
Division of Paediatrics and Diabetes Research Centre, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 25:335-43. 2009..Further, to follow the immune response from onset to 2 years duration, the study focused on spontaneous as well as autoantigen-induced immune profile...
- Interleukin-6 increases intracellular Ca2+ concentration and induces catecholamine secretion in rat carotid body glomus cellsJuan Fan
Institute of Neurosciences, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
J Neurosci Res 87:2757-62. 2009..Our experiments provide further evidence for the responsiveness of the CB to proinflammatory cytokines and indicate that the CB might play a role in inflammation sensing and transmission of such information to the brain...
- Particle-induced cytokine responses in cardiac cell cultures--the effect of particles versus soluble mediators released by particle-exposed lung cellsAnnike I Totlandsdal
Department of Air Pollution and Noise, Division of Environmental Medicine, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, NO 0403 Oslo, Norway
Toxicol Sci 106:233-41. 2008..These in vitro findings lend support to the hypothesis that particle-induced cardiac inflammation and disease may involve lung-derived mediators...
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid inhibits synergistic interleukin-6 release but not transcriptional activation in astrocytoma cellsJoseph D Roach
Department of Chemistry, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada 89154 4003, USA
Neuroimmunomodulation 15:117-24. 2008..We investigated the GABA-mediated suppression of the synergistic release of interleukin (IL)-6 due to interleukin 1-beta (IL-1 beta) and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha)...
- HB-EGF induces delayed STAT3 activation via NF-kappaB mediated IL-6 secretion in vascular smooth muscle cellKuy Sook Lee
Center for Biomedical Sciences, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, National Institute of Health, Seoul, Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:1637-44. 2007..In conclusion, IL-6 plays an important role in the delayed activation of STAT3 and VSMC proliferation induced by HB-EGF...
- Predictive and pathogenetic value of plasma biomarkers for acute kidney injury in patients with acute lung injuryKathleen D Liu
Division of Nephrology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Crit Care Med 35:2755-61. 2007..To identify biological and clinical predictors of acute kidney injury in subjects with acute lung injury...
- [Expressions and clinical significances of c-met, c-erbB-2, COX-2, and IL-6 in the biliary tract cancers]Hyun Ho Joo
Department of Surgery, Inje University Pusan Paik Hospital, Inje University College of Medicine, Busanjin Gu, Busan, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 50:370-8. 2007..We aimed to analyze the expressions of each marker and their relationships with clinicopathologic factors...
- TNFalpha antagonist upregulates interleukin-6 in rats with hypertensive heart failureEspen Haugen
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine and Wallenberg Laboratory, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Sweden
Int J Cardiol 130:64-8. 2008..Hypertension is one of most common causes to chronic heart failure in humans...
- Interleukin-6, TNF-alpha and interleukin-1 beta levels in blood and tissue in severely burned ratsDiane Agay
Centre de Recherches du Service de Sante des Armees, 24 Avenue des Maquis du Gresivaudan, BP87, 38702 La Tronche Cedex, France
Eur Cytokine Netw 19:1-7. 2008....
- Toll-like receptor 4-myeloid differentiation factor 88 signaling contributes to ventilator-induced lung injury in miceHuihua Li
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Anesthesiology 113:619-29. 2010..The role of TLR4-MyD88 signaling in ventilator-induced lung injury remains incompletely understood...
- Intrinsic catch-up growth of hypoplastic fetal lungs is mediated by interleukin-6Cristina Nogueira-Silva
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute, ICVS, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Pediatr Pulmonol 43:680-9. 2008....
- Psychological stress induces hypoferremia through the IL-6-hepcidin axis in ratsMin Zhao
Department of Naval Medicine, Second Military Medical University, 800 Xiangxin Road, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:90-3. 2008..These changes were blocked by the injection of IL-6 monoclonal antibody. In conclusion, the IL-6-hepcidin axis is up-regulated by psychological stress in rats, resulting in hypoferremia and increase of hepatic iron storage...
- Low-grade inflammation can partly explain the association between the metabolic syndrome and either coronary artery disease or severity of peripheral arterial disease: the CODAM studyM Jacobs
Laboratory for Metabolism and Vascular Medicine, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Invest 39:437-44. 2009..The aim was to study whether the association between the metabolic syndrome and CAD or the severity of PAD can be explained by low-grade inflammation...
- Post-ischemic hypothermia for 24h in P7 rats rescues hippocampal neuron: association with decreased astrocyte activation and inflammatory cytokine expressionMan Xiong
Key Laboratory of Neonatal Diseases, Ministry of Health, Children s Hospital, Fudan University, 399 Wanyuan Road, Shanghai 201102, China
Brain Res Bull 79:351-7. 2009..The present findings highlight an apparent association between inhibition of hippocampal neuron loss by hypothermia and decreased astrocytosis and inflammatory cytokine release after hypoxia-ischemia in the developing brain...
- High weight differences between donor and recipient affect early kidney graft function--a role for enhanced IL-6 signalingW Gong
Institute of Medical Immunology, Charite University Medicine, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Am J Transplant 9:1742-51. 2009..These findings have strong clinical implication as anti-IL6R treatment of patients receiving grafts from lower-weight donors could be used to improve primary graft function...
- Spatiotemporal nuclear factor interleukin-6 expression in the rat brain during lipopolysaccharide-induced fever is linked to sustained hypothalamic inflammatory target gene inductionJelena Damm
Department of Veterinary Physiology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany
J Comp Neurol 519:480-505. 2011..To investigate whether NF-IL6 might be another important transcription factor implicated in this kind of immune-to-brain signaling, rats were ..
- CD8 regulates T regulatory cell production of IL-6 and maintains their suppressive phenotype in allergic lung diseaseAnthony Joetham
Division of Cell Biology, Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Health, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Immunol 186:113-20. 2011..These data identify the critical role of CD8-T regulatory cell interactions in regulating the suppressive phenotype of nTregs through control of IL-6 production...
- Anxiety-like behavior in the elevated-plus maze tests and enhanced IL-1β, IL-6, NADPH oxidase-1, and iNOS mRNAs in the hippocampus during early stage of adjuvant arthritis in ratsMartina Skurlova
Department of Normal, Pathological, and Clinical Physiology, Charles University in Prague, 120 00 Prague, Czech Republic
Neurosci Lett 487:250-4. 2011....
- Differences in the relative involvement of peripherally released interleukin (IL)-6, brain IL-1β and prostanoids in mediating lipopolysaccharide-induced fever and sickness behaviorLois M Harden
School of Physiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Parktown, Johannesburg, South Africa
Psychoneuroendocrinology 36:608-22. 2011....
- Akt pathway is required for oestrogen-mediated attenuation of lung injury in a rodent model of cerulein-induced acute pancreatitisShang Ju Yang
Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital at Linkou, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, 5, Fushing Street, Kweishan Shiang, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
Injury 42:638-42. 2011..The aim of this study is to elucidate whether Akt plays any role in 17β-estradiol (E2)-mediated attenuation of lung injury after acute pancreatitis (AP)...
- Quantification of circulating cell-free DNA in the serum of patients with obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndromeLiang Ye
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, No 197, Ruijin Second Road, Shanghai 200025, China
Lung 188:469-74. 2010..05). The increasing concentration of serum DNA in patients with OSAHS was positively correlated with disease severity. Serum DNA may become an important parameter for monitoring the severity of OSAHS and effectiveness of therapy...
- Viral load drives disease in humans experimentally infected with respiratory syncytial virusJohn P DeVincenzo
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:1305-14. 2010..Two major challenges have stalled antiviral development: ethical difficulties in performing pediatric proof-of-concept studies and the prevailing concept that the disease is immune-mediated rather than being driven by viral load...
- [The role of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in interleukin-6 induction by lipopolysaccharide in vascular smooth muscle cells]Yu Feng Chu
Provincial Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, Jinan 250021, Shandong, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 22:291-4. 2010..To investigate the regulation mechanism of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p38MAPK) in interleukin-6 (IL-6) expression of vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) induced by lipopolysaccharide (LPS)...
- [Effects of reduced glutathione on plasma level of cytokines and pulmonary ultrastructure in rats with sepsis]Xiu yu Liao
Intensive Care Unit, First Hospital Affiliated of Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou 350005, Fujian, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 22:282-4. 2010..To investigate the protection mechanism of reduced glutathione (GSH) in acute lung injury in rats with sepsis...
- Expression of interleukin 6 in brain and colon of rats with TNBS-induced colitisKai Wang
Jilin Provincial Key Laboratory of Animal Embryo Engineering, College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Jilin University, 5333 Xi an Avenue, Changchun 130062, Jilin Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:2252-9. 2010To characterise expression of interleukin 6 (IL-6), a potent proinflammatory cytokine, in the occurrence and development of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and investigate its effect on neuroimmunomodulation and immune homeostasis ..
- Dynamic regulation of spinal pro-inflammatory cytokine release in the rat in vivo following peripheral nerve injuryK J Whitehead
Pain Signalling Group, Neuropharmacology and Neurobiology Section, School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Brain Behav Immun 24:569-76. 2010..Moreover, our studies demonstrate the ability of a neurone-glia signaling mechanism to dynamically modulate this release and support a role of spinal IL-1beta in the phasic transmission of abnormal pain signals...
- IL-6 microinjected in the nucleus tractus solitarii attenuates cardiac baroreceptor reflex function in ratsMiwa Takagishi
Department of Physiology, Wakayama Medical University School of Medicine, Wakayama, Japan
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R183-90. 2010..Whether the abnormal gene expression of IL-6 in the NTS is associated in a causal way with hypertension remains to be resolved...
- Cellular immune responses to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) infection in senescent BALB/c mice: CD4+ T cells are important in control of SARS-CoV infectionJun Chen
Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 3203, USA
J Virol 84:1289-301. 2010..Our findings provide new insights into the pathogenesis of SARS, demonstrating the important role of CD4(+) but not CD8(+) T cells in primary SARS-CoV infection in this model...
- Activation of hypothalamic NPY, AgRP, MC4R, AND IL-6 mRNA levels in young Lewis rats with early-life diet-induced obesityA Stofkova
Department of Normal, Pathological and Clinical Physiology, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Ke Karlovu 4, 120 00 Prague, Czech Republic
Endocr Regul 43:99-106. 2009..The aim of this work was to study the early-life diet-induced obesity in Lewis rats which are known to be highly susceptible to autoimmunity...
- Interleukin-6 is associated with liver lipid homeostasis but not with cell death in experimental hepatic steatosisMiguel A Sánchez-Garrido
Reina Sofia University Hospital, Cordoba, Spain
Innate Immun 15:337-49. 2009..Furthermore, PC is identified as a new survival agent that reverses several TNFalpha-inducible responses that are likely to promote steatosis and necrosis...
- Salvianolate inhibits cytokine gene expression in small intestine of cirrhotic ratsDan Hong Yang
Department of Infection, Zhejiang Provincial People s Hospital, Hangzhou 310014, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 17:1903-9. 2011..To study the effect of salvianolate on expression of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α and interleukin (IL)-6 mRNA in small intestine of cirrhotic rats...
- IL-6 is constitutively expressed during lung morphogenesis and enhances fetal lung explant branchingCristina Nogueira-Silva
Fetal and Neonatal Physiology, Life and Health Sciences Research Institute ICVS, University of Minho, 4709 057 Braga, Portugal
Pediatr Res 60:530-6. 2006..IL-6 enhanced p38-MAPK phosphorylation without changing MEK1/2 and JNK pathways. The present study suggests a physiological role for IL-6 on pulmonary branching mechanisms most likely involving p38-MAPK intracellular signalling pathway...
- Expression of leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF)/interleukin-6 family cytokines and receptors during in vitro osteogenesis: differential regulation by dexamethasone and LIFF Liu
INSERM U403, Hopital E Herriot, Lyon, France
Bone 31:212-9. 2002....
- Interleukin-6 gene expression is increased in insulin-resistant rat skeletal muscle following insulin stimulationA L Carey
Department of Physiology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville 3010, Vic, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 302:837-40. 2003..It is likely that the differences observed when comparing healthy with insulin resistant muscle are due to the differential activation of insulin sensitive signalling proteins responsible for activating IL-6...
- The role of cytokines in mediating effects of prenatal infection on the fetus: implications for schizophreniaH Ashdown
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, 6875 LaSalle Boulevard, Verdun, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Mol Psychiatry 11:47-55. 2006..Collectively, these data suggest that effects of maternal LPS exposure on the developing fetal brain are not mediated by the direct action of LPS, but via indirect actions at the level of the maternal circulation or placenta...
- Interleukin-6 in neurons of the pterygopalatine ganglion of the ratI G Charyeva
Department of Morphology, Russian State Medical University, Moscow
Neurosci Behav Physiol 35:465-7. 2005....
- Principles of interleukin (IL)-6-type cytokine signalling and its regulationPeter C Heinrich
Institut fur Biochemie, RWTH Aachen, Universitatsklinikum, Pauwelsstrasse 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Biochem J 374:1-20. 2003..Also the cross-talk between the JAK/STAT pathway with other signalling cascades is discussed...
- Endotoxin stimulates in vivo expression of inflammatory cytokines tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin-1beta, -6, and high-mobility-group protein-1 in skeletal muscleCharles H Lang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Shock 19:538-46. 2003..Collectively these data indicate that skeletal muscle possesses many of the components of the innate immune system, including increases in both early- and late-phase cytokines and the presence of toll-like receptors...
- Fibre-type specificity of interleukin-6 gene transcription during muscle contraction in rat: association with calcineurin activitySébastien Banzet
Department of Human Factors, Centre de Recherches du Service de Sante des Armees, BP 87, 38702 La Tronche Cedex, France
J Physiol 566:839-47. 2005..Our data clearly suggest that IL-6 gene transcription was mainly observed in early recruited myofibres and that contraction-induced IL-6 transcription could be associated with enhanced calcineurin activity...
- Hypothalamic interleukin-1 beta and tumor necrosis factor-alpha, but not interleukin-6, mediate the endotoxin-induced suppression of the reproductive axis in ratsHajime Watanobe
Division of Internal Medicine, Clinical Research Center, International University of Health and Welfare, 2600 1 Kitakanemaru, Otawara, Tochigi 324 8501, Japan
Endocrinology 144:4868-75. 2003..These results strongly suggest that IL-1 beta and TNF-alpha may represent the major proinflammatory cytokines mediating the LPS-induced suppression of GnRH and LH release, whereas the role of IL-6 seems to be insignificant...
- AG490 prevents cell death after exposure of rat astrocytes to hydrogen peroxide or proinflammatory cytokines: involvement of the Jak2/STAT pathwayRoser Gorina
Departament de Farmacologia i Toxicologia, IIBB CSIC, IDIBAPS, Rossello 161, Planta 6, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Neurochem 92:505-18. 2005....
- Interleukin-6, interleukin-8, and soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor-I in the cord blood as predictors of chronic lung disease in premature infantsHiromi An
Department of Pediatrics, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1649-54. 2004..In order to predict the late-development of chronic lung disease of prematurity (CLD), cytokines in the cord blood were assessed in this study...
- Mechanism of cardiac depression after trauma-hemorrhage: increased cardiomyocyte IL-6 and effect of sex steroids on IL-6 regulation and cardiac functionShaolong Yang
Center for Surgical Research, The Univ of Alabama at Birmingham, 1670 Univ Blvd, Volker Hall, Rm G094, Birmingham, AL 35294 0019, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H2183-91. 2004..Thus there is an inverse correlation between cardiomyocyte IL-6 levels and cardiac function after T-H. The salutary effects of E2 on cardiac function after T-H may be due in part to decreased IL-6 synthesis in cardiomyocytes...
- Diagnostic role of serum interleukin 6 and CA 19-9 in patients with cholangiocarcinomaPisit Tangkijvanich
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Hepatogastroenterology 51:15-9. 2004..The first marker represents the commonly used serum marker in cholangiocarcinoma and the second marker is a multi-functional cytokine associated with cancer development...
- Interleukin-6: a cytokine to forgetD Balschun
Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology, Magdeburg, Germany
FASEB J 18:1788-90. 2004..In view of the suggested role of LTP in memory formation, these data implicate IL-6 in the mechanisms controlling the kinetics and amount of information storage...
- Depolarization-induced slow Ca2+ transients stimulate transcription of IL-6 gene in skeletal muscle cellsNevenka Juretic
Programa de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Casilla 70086 Santiago 7, Santiago, Chile
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290:C1428-36. 2006..Our results provide evidence for involvement of IP(3)-mediated Ca(2+) signals on IL-6 transcription in skeletal muscle cells...
- The role of endotoxin, TNF-alpha, and IL-6 in inducing the state of growth hormone insensitivityPing Wang
Research Institute of General Surgery, Jinling Hospital, 305 Zhong Shan East Road, Nanjing 210002, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:531-6. 2002..The objective of this current study was to investigate the role of endotoxin, TNF-alpha and IL-6 in inducing the growth hormone insensitivity at the receptor and post-receptor levels...
- Interleukin 6 mediated differentiation and rescue of cell redox in PC12 cells exposed to ionizing radiationK Abeyama
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
FEBS Lett 364:298-300. 1995..Increases in the DNA binding activity of nuclear factor kappa B (NF-kappa B) and increased Interleukin 6 (IL-6) mRNA levels were observed at a dose of 15 Gy...
- Contraction-induced interleukin-6 transcription in rat slow-type muscle is partly dependent on calcineurin activationSébastien Banzet
Department of Human Factors, Centre de Recherches du Service de Sante des Armees, La Tronche, France
J Cell Physiol 210:596-601. 2007..Taken together, these results demonstrate that in addition to p38 MAPK, increased calcineurin activity is one of the signalling events involved in IL-6 gene transcription...
- Up regulation of IL-6 by ischemic preconditioning in normal and fatty rat livers: association with reduction of oxidative stressLorenza Tacchini
Institute of General Pathology, University of Milano, Via Mangiagalli 31, 20133, Milano, Italy
Free Radic Res 40:1206-17. 2006..In conclusion, IP modulates the activity of transcription factors and triggers IL-6 production; this may prevent hepatic I/R damage in a oxidative stress-dependent way, particularly in fatty livers...
- Changes in urinary bladder cytokine mRNA and protein after cyclophosphamide-induced cystitisSusan E Malley
University of Vermont, College of Medicine, Department of Neurology, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Physiol Genomics 9:5-13. 2002..Increased cytokine expression after CYP-induced cystitis, alone or in combination with other inflammatory mediators or growth factors, may contribute to altered lower urinary tract function after cystitis...
- Differential expression of TNF-alpha, IL-6, and IGF-1 by graded mechanical stress in normal rat myocardiumEmiliano A Palmieri
Department of Medicina Clinica, Scienze Cardiovascolari ed Immunologiche, L Califano Facoltà di Medcina e Chirurgia, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 282:H926-34. 2002..Such findings may have potential implications with regard to compensatory hypertrophy and failure...
- Interleukin-6 g.-174G>C promoter polymorphism is associated with obesity in the EPIC-Potsdam StudyKerstin Klipstein-Grobusch
Department of Epidemiology, German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam Rehbruecke, Nuthetal
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:14-8. 2006..044) and was most pronounced in subjects with the CC genotype, suggesting that the IL-6 g.-174G>C promoter polymorphism is a susceptibility or modifying locus for common obesity and weight gain...
- Activation of the JAK-STAT signaling pathway in the rat basilar artery after subarachnoid hemorrhageKoji Osuka
Department of Neurosurgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Brain Res 1072:1-7. 2006..These results indicate that SAH produces the proinflammatory cytokine IL-6 in the CSF, which activates the JAK-STAT signaling pathway in the basilar artery and induces transcription of immediate early genes...
- The systemic inflammatory response to exercise in adults with cystic fibrosisAlina A Ionescu
Respiratory Medicine, Cardiff University, Academic Centre, Llandough Hospital, Cardiff, CF64 2XX, United Kingdom
J Cyst Fibros 5:105-12. 2006..We report greater increments in circulating concentrations of some cytokines with moderate exercise in adults with cystic fibrosis compared to healthy subjects...
- Roles of plasma interleukin-6 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha and FFA and TG in the development of insulin resistance induced by high-fat dietKai Jiao
Department of Endocrinology, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, 1 Xinsi Street, Xi an 710038, China
Cytokine 42:161-9. 2008....
- Interleukin-6, desmosome and tight junction protein expression levels in reflux esophagitis-affected mucosaFei Yue Li
Department of Digestive Diseases, Central Hospital of Daqing Youtian, Daqing, Heilongjiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:3621-30. 2009....
- Effects of histamine and the h2 receptor antagonist ranitidine on ischemia-induced acute renal failure: involvement of IL-6 and vascular endothelial growth factorAdam Vannay
First Department of Pediatrics and Research Laboratory of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Kidney Blood Press Res 27:105-13. 2004..The effects of histamine and the H2 receptor antagonist ranitidine on renal VEGF and IL-6 synthesis were investigated in a well-established rat model of renal ischemia/reperfusion injury...
- Prevention of neuron and oligodendrocyte degeneration by interleukin-6 (IL-6) and IL-6 receptor/IL-6 fusion protein in organotypic hippocampal slicesMarina Pizzi
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnologies, University of Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Mol Cell Neurosci 25:301-11. 2004..Our results suggest that IL-6 and IL6RIL6 may prove to be valuable in treating neurodegenerative and demyelinating diseases...
- Antigen-presenting dendritic cells as regulators of the growth of thyrocytes: a role of interleukin-1beta and interleukin-6P J Simons
Department of Immunology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 139:3148-56. 1998....
- Leptin induces an inflammatory phenotype in lean Wistar ratsMonique Allman
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
Mediators Inflamm 2009:738620. 2009..These findings support the hypothesis that leptin directly initiates inflammation in the local environment of mesenteric adipose tissue as well as systemically...
- Role of IL-10 in regulating proinflammatory cytokine release by Kupffer cells following trauma-hemorrhageYukihiro Yokoyama
Center for Surgical Research and Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 0019, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 286:G942-6. 2004..These results indicate that IL-10 production by Kupffer cells early after T-H may play a pivotal role in attenuating the proinflammatory cytokine environment, possibly in an autocrine/paracrine manner...
- L-Buthionine-(S,R)-sulfoximine, an irreversible inhibitor of gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase, augments LPS-mediated pro-inflammatory cytokine biosynthesis: evidence for the implication of an IkappaB-alpha/NF-kappaB insensitive pathwayJ J Haddad
Neuroscience Research Laboratory, University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143 0542, USA corrected
Eur Cytokine Netw 12:614-24. 2001....
- Regulatory role of C5a in LPS-induced IL-6 production by neutrophils during sepsisNiels C Riedemann
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1301 Catherine Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0602, USA
FASEB J 18:370-2. 2004..Accordingly, we suggest that induction of IL-6 after CLP is neutrophil and C5a/C5aR dependent, likely due to the ability of C5a to cause activation of ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK signaling pathways...
- Parathyroid hormone induces interleukin-6 gene expression in bone stromal cells of young ratsShuichi Chiba
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Vet Med Sci 64:641-4. 2002..Since IL-6 is a known activator of osteoclasts, these results are consistent with the hypothesis that PTH stimulates the local IL-6 synthesis in stromal cells to indirectly activate osteoclasts...
- Retinoic acid enhances leukemia inhibitory factor expression in OLN-93 oligodendrocytesJörg Mey
Institut fur Biologie II, RWTH Aachen, Kopernikusstrasse 16, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 310:155-61. 2002..1 ( P<0.01). In contrast, RA had no significant effect on the expression of CNTF. The results suggest RA as a possible regulator of cytokine signaling in the CNS...
- Sequential expression of TLR4 and its effects on the myocardium of rats with myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injuryJun Yang
Department of Cardiology, The First College of Clinical Medical Sciences, China Three Gorges University, Yichang 443000, Hubei Province, China
Inflammation 31:304-12. 2008..728 and 0.676, P<0.01). Myocardial TLR4 expression was elevated at the early stage of myocardial ischemia reperfusion. Activated TLR4 may play a role in MI/RI by increasing TNF-alpha and IL-6 expression...
- IL-6 a key cytokine in in vitro and in vivo response of Sertoli cells to external gamma irradiationF Legue
UPRES EA 2231, Universite de Rennes I, Centre Eugene Marquis, CS 44229, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
Cytokine 16:232-8. 2001..In conclusion, IL-6 seems to constitute a good marker of exposure to gamma irradiation, both at low and high doses. In addition, we showed that IL-1 and IL-6 have a radioprotective effect at testicular level...
- Inhibitory mechanism of omega-3 fatty acids in pancreatic inflammation and apoptosisKyung Suk Park
Department of Food and Nutrition, Brain Korea 21 Project, College of Human Ecology, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1171:421-7. 2009..In conclusion, omega-3 fatty acids may be beneficial for preventing oxidative stress-induced pancreatic inflammation and apoptosis by inhibiting inflammatory cytokine and apoptotic gene expression of pancreatic acinar cells...
- Insights into the role of interleukin-6 in the induction of hepatic injury after trauma-hemorrhagic shockBalazs Toth
Center for Surgical Research and Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL 35294 0019, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 97:2184-9. 2004..Thus IL-6 plays a significant role in the induction of hepatic dysfunction and liver injury after T-H that appears to be in part mediated by increased thromboxane A(2) levels...
- Cytokine mRNA expression in painful radiculopathySarah M Rothman
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6321, USA
J Pain 10:90-9. 2009....
- A hind limb tourniquet induces interleukin-6 expression in a rat dorsal root ganglionSumiko Abe
Department of Legal Medicine, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Hikarigaoka, Fukushima, Japan
Neuroreport 16:1889-92. 2005..The induction of interleukin-6 expression is likely to play a role in the protection of injured neurons perhaps related to growth of their axons. Glycoprotein 130 might also account for the inhibitory effects following nerve injury...
- Differential implication of proinflammatory cytokine interleukin-6 in the development of cephalic versus extracephalic neuropathic pain in ratsAlban Latremoliere
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Site Pitié Salpêtrière, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 70 des Neurosciences, Unité Mixte de Recherche S677, F 75013 Paris, France
J Neurosci 28:8489-501. 2008..Our data further support the idea that different pathophysiological mechanisms contribute to the development of cephalic versus extracephalic neuropathic pain...
- Glucagon-stimulated but not isoproterenol-stimulated glucose formation inhibition by interleukin-6 in primary cultured rat hepatocytesM Quaas
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Horm Metab Res 37:666-71. 2005....
- Interleukin-6 has no effect on surfactant or lung function in different lung insultsTomoo Nakamura
Department of Perinatal Medicine and Maternal Care, National Center for Children Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Lung Res 32:27-42. 2006..These results suggest that IL-6 may have a limited role in the surfactant alterations observed in acute lung injury...
- PACAP stimulates the release of interleukin-6 in cultured rat Müller cellsT Seki
Ophthalmology, Kozawa Eye Hospital Eye Research Center, 2 2 11 Gokencho, Mito, Ibaraki 310 0063, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1070:535-9. 2006..These data suggest that Müller cells are one of the target cells for PACAP, stimulating the release of IL-6, and providing a mechanism whereby PACAP exerts a significant neuroprotective effect in the retina...
- The differences in selected biochemical markers and histological findings after bile duct ligation in male and female ratsH Zivna
Department of Physiology, Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Diagnostics, University Hospital in Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Adv Clin Path 5:147-53. 2001..Although ALT and GMT activities and TNF-alpha and IL-6 concentrations were higher in male rats histopathological findings have shown slightly more advanced fibrotic and inflammatory changes in female rats...
- Evidence that IL-6-type cytokine signaling in cardiomyocytes is inhibited by oxidative stress: parthenolide targets JAK1 activation by generating ROSMazen Kurdi
The Division of Molecular Cardiology, The Cardiovascular Research Institute, The Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Scott and White, Central Texas Veterans Health Care System, Temple, Texas 76504, USA
J Cell Physiol 212:424-31. 2007..The finding that signaling by the IL-6-type cytokine may be redox-sensitive defines a novel mechanism of regulation that has implications for exploiting their therapeutic potential...
- Extent of liver resection modulates the activation of transcription factors and the production of cytokines involved in liver regenerationJan Peter Sowa
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital of Essen, Hufelandstr 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 14:7093-100. 2008..To investigate the molecular events involved in liver regeneration following subtotal hepatectomy (SH) as previous studies have largely focused on partial hepatectomy (PH)...
- Influence of age on susceptibility to Pseudomonas aeruginosa exotoxin A-induced hepatotoxicity in Long-Evans ratsHsiao Li Chuang
Department of Veterinary Medicine, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Vet Med Sci 71:163-9. 2009..These data suggest that inflammatory cytokines play an important role in age-related differences in PEA-induced hepatotoxicity. Moreover, these cytokines might correlate with different patterns histopathologic features at various ages...
- Prophylactic maternal n-acetylcysteine before lipopolysaccharide suppresses fetal inflammatory cytokine responsesRon Beloosesky
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Am J Obstet Gynecol 200:665.e1-5. 2009..We sought to determine whether prophylactic n-acetylcysteine (NAC), a known antiinflammatory, may modulate the fetal cytokine response to maternal lipopolysaccharide (LPS)...
- Normal rat hepatic stellate cells respond to endotoxin in LBP-independent manner to produce inhibitor(s) of DNA synthesis in hepatocytesChinnasamy Thirunavukkarasu
Department of Surgery, Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
J Cell Physiol 204:654-65. 2005..They also indicate that other factors, in addition to NO, TGF-beta, TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, and IL-6 are involved in the mechanisms of the growth inhibitory effects of qHSCs on hepatocytes...
- Inflammatory cytokine levels in paw tissues during development of rat collagen-induced arthritis: effect of FK506, an inhibitor of T cell activationK Magari
Medicinal Biology Research Laboratories, Fujisawa Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 2 1 6, Kashima, 532 8514 Yodogawa ku, Osaka, Japan
Inflamm Res 53:469-74. 2004....
- Prophylactic ciprofloxacin treatment prevented high mortality, and modified systemic and intestinal immune function in tumour-bearing rats receiving dose-intensive CPT-11 chemotherapyH Xue
Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Br J Cancer 100:1581-8. 2009..Taken together, Cipro prevented infectious challenges associated with immune hypo-responsiveness in systemic immune compartments, and it may also alleviate excessive pro-inflammatory responses mediating local gut injury...
- LPS-induced cytokine levels are repressed by elevated expression of HSP70 in rats: possible role of NF-kappaBKarol Dokladny
Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, 87131, USA
Cell Stress Chaperones 15:153-63. 2010..We conclude that the effects of heat stress-induced increase in HSP70 protein expression on LPS-induced cytokine elaboration in whole animals can be reproduced by the actions of a single gene product...
- Metallothionein isoforms (I+II and III) and interleukin-6 in the hippocampus of old rats: may their concomitant increments lead to neurodegeneration?Eugenio Mocchegiani
Immunology Centre Section Nutrition, Immunity and Ageing, Res Dept INRCA, Via Birarelli 8, 60121 Ancona, Italy
Brain Res Bull 63:133-42. 2004..As a consequence, compensatory phenomena between MT isoforms may not occur in the old hippocampus due to chronic stress-like condition elicited by high persistent levels of interleukin-6...
- Quantitative trait loci influencing cholesterol and phospholipid phenotypes map to chromosomes that contain genes regulating blood pressure in the spontaneously hypertensive ratA Bottger
Department of Laboratory Animal Science, Veterinary Faculty, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 98:856-62. 1996..These findings provide support for the hypothesis that blood pressure and certain lipid subfractions can be modulated by linked genes or perhaps even the same genes...
- The phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/protein kinase B signaling pathway is activated by lipoteichoic acid and plays a role in Kupffer cell production of interleukin-6 (IL-6) and IL-10Maria K Dahle
Institute for Surgical Research, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
Infect Immun 72:5704-11. 2004....
- Modulation of interleukin-6 and matrix metalloproteinase 2 expression in human fibroblast-like synoviocytes by functional ionotropic glutamate receptorsSophie Flood
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Museum Avenue, Cardiff, UK
Arthritis Rheum 56:2523-34. 2007..This study was undertaken to determine whether glutamate receptors are expressed in the synovial joint, and to determine whether activation of glutamate receptors on human synoviocytes contributes to RA disease pathology...
- A NOVEL NEURAL PATHWAY CONTROLS TESTOSTERONE RELEASECatherine Rivier; Fiscal Year: 2007..Collectively, these studies will advance our understanding of the effects of alcohol on male reproductive functions and the mechanisms that mediate them. ..
- A NOVEL NEURAL PATHWAY CONTROLS TESTOSTERONE RELEASECatherine Rivier; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments will provide the first morphological and functional evidence of the existence of a multisynaptic neural pathway between the testes and the CNS, that is influenced by alcohol. ..
- NO AND CO MEDIATE MENTAL-NEUROENDOCRINE INTERACTIONSCatherine Rivier; Fiscal Year: 2004..Collectively, these results will provide novel and comprehensive information regarding the neurocircuitries through which NO or CO modulate the response of the rat HPA to a neurogenic stress. ..
- PLACENTAL FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ENDOTHELIAL BARRIER FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..The influence of CLP on placental sFlt-1 will be studied. Results obtained from the proposed work should enhance current knowledge of the role of the placenta and EC dysfunction in the pathogenesis of PE. ..
- PLACENTAL FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results obtained from the proposed work should enhance our knowledge and establish a direct link of placental TC activity and EC dysfunction in PE. ..
- Communication between Kupffer cells and stellate cellsNatalia Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hope that this co-culture model will help us to define the effects of Kupffer cells on the stellate cell fibrogenic response and to dissect potential therapeutic targets for preventing liver disease. ..
- Ketosis, Vascular Inflammation and Its Therapy in Type 1 Diabetic PatientsSushil Jain; Fiscal Year: 2009..The long-term goal is to understand the role of ketosis in CVD and to discover a relatively low-cost dietary supplement that could be used as an adjuvant therapy for CVD prevention in type 1 diabetes. ..
- ASS, NOS2, AND ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASENatalia Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such information could lead to positive pharmacological targeting to ameliorate alcohol hepatotoxicity. ..
- ENDOTHELIAL BARRIER FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The influence of CLP on placental sFlt-1 will be studied. Results obtained from the proposed work should enhance current knowledge of the role of the placenta and EC dysfunction in the pathogenesis of PE. ..
- ASS, NOS2, AND ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASENatalia Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such information could lead to positive pharmacological targeting to ameliorate alcohol hepatotoxicity. ..
- Ketosis, Vascular Inflammation and Its Therapy in Type 1 Diabetic PatientsSushil K Jain; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goal is to understand the role of ketosis in CVD and to discover a relatively low-cost dietary supplement that could be used as an adjuvant therapy for CVD prevention in type 1 diabetes. ..
- ASS, NOS2, AND ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASENatalia Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such information could lead to positive pharmacological targeting to ameliorate alcohol hepatotoxicity. ..
- ENDOTHELIAL BARRIER FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Neurotransmitter Regulation of Glial Cytokine ExpressionBRYAN SPANGELO; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding molecular mechanisms by which neurotransmitters can prevent such toxic glial activation will provide new strategies for pharmacological abrogation of glia-mediated neuronal injury. ..
- CELLULAR INTERACTIONS IN PULMONARY OXYGEN TOXICITYANBUKILI CHETTY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This mentored work will provide extensive education and technical experience in Molecular Biology and the development of a model of hyperoxic lung injury. ..
- Adjuvant Therapy for Vascular Inflammation in DiabetesSushil Jain; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ENDOTHELIAL BARRIER FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..The influence of CLP on placental sFlt-1 will be studied. Results obtained from the proposed work should enhance current knowledge of the role of the placenta and EC dysfunction in the pathogenesis of PE. ..
- PLACENTAL FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results obtained from the proposed work should enhance our knowledge and establish a direct link of placental TC activity and EC dysfunction in PE. ..
- Cell-targeting peptide nucleic acids for hormone-refractory prostate cancerBeverly Barton; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Ketosis, Vascular Inflammation and Its Therapy in Type 1 Diabetic PatientsSushil Jain; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term goal is to understand the role of ketosis in CVD and to discover a relatively low-cost dietary supplement that could be used as an adjuvant therapy for CVD prevention in type 1 diabetes. ..
- Ketosis, Vascular Inflammation and Its Therapy in Type 1 Diabetic PatientsSushil K Jain; Fiscal Year: 2010