Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il33
Description: interleukin 33
Alias: RGD1311155, interleukin-33, IL-33
- Kempuraj D, Twait E, Williard D, Yuan Z, Meyerholz D, Samuel I. The novel cytokine interleukin-33 activates acinar cell proinflammatory pathways and induces acute pancreatic inflammation in mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56866 pubmed publisher..IL-33 is induced in acute pancreatitis, activates acinar cell proinflammatory pathways and exacerbates acute pancreatic inflammation. ..
- Liang Y, Jie Z, Hou L, Aguilar Valenzuela R, Vu D, Soong L, et al. IL-33 induces nuocytes and modulates liver injury in viral hepatitis. J Immunol. 2013;190:5666-75 pubmed publisher..Its direct immunoregulatory functions and ability to induce novel nuocytes further suggest to us that it may be a potentially promising therapeutic candidate for the management of viral hepatitis. ..
- Jiang Y, An Y, Jiang D, Wu B, Yang Y, Sun D. TNF-Î± Regulating Interleukin-33 Induces Acute Pancreatic Inflammation in Rats. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016;46:54-9 pubmed..IL-33 is elevated at the early stage of AP and correlated with AP severity. TNF-Î± stimulated IL-33/sST2 and subsequent increase of IL-6 may be the mechanism of IL-33 in AP. ..
- Ruisong M, Xiaorong H, Gangying H, Chunfeng Y, Changjiang Z, Xuefei L, et al. The Protective Role of Interleukin-33 in Myocardial Ischemia and Reperfusion Is Associated with Decreased HMGB1 Expression and Up-Regulation of the P38 MAPK Signaling Pathway. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143064 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that IL-33 protects against myocardial I/R injury by inhibiting inflammatory responses and myocardial apoptosis, which may be associated with the HMGB1 and P38 MAPK signaling pathways. ..
- Ragusa R, Cabiati M, Guzzardi M, D Amico A, Giannessi D, Del Ry S, et al. Effects of obesity on IL-33/ST2 system in heart, adipose tissue and liver: study in the experimental model of Zucker rats. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;102:354-359 pubmed publisher..The strong relationships with NP systems and inflammatory mediators could suggest an involvement for IL-33/ST2 in molecular pathways leading to cardiac dysfunction and inflammation associated with obesity. ..
- Yang S, Lin J, Wu S, Huang K, Jung F, Ma M, et al. Membrane translocation of IL-33 receptor in ventilator induced lung injury. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0121391 pubmed publisher..Moreover, IL-33/ST2 signaling activated by mechanically responsive lung injury may potentially serve as a new therapy target. ..
- Lax A, Sánchez Más J, Asensio Lopez M, Fernandez Del Palacio M, Caballero L, Garrido I, et al. Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists modulate galectin-3 and interleukin-33/ST2 signaling in left ventricular systolic dysfunction after acute myocardial infarction. JACC Heart Fail. 2015;3:50-8 pubmed publisher..MRAs play a pivotal role in the Gal-3 and IL-33/ST2 modulation in post-MI cardiac remodeling. ..
- Huang L, Li H, Sun Q, Liu M, Li W, Li S, et al. IL-33 expression in the cerebral cortex following experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2015;35:493-501 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a significant positive association was observed between IL-33 and IL-1Î² expression. These findings indicate that IL-33 might play an important role in the inflammatory response following SAH. ..
- Barrett O, Yndestad A, Marshall A, Sugden P, Clerk A. The early transcriptomic response to interleukin 1? and interleukin 33 in rat neonatal cardiomyocytes. Cytokine. 2013;61:340-4 pubmed publisher..cytokines including interleukin (IL) 1? are implicated in regulating adaptive and maladaptive changes, whereas IL33 negatively regulates cardiomyocyte hypertrophy and promotes cardioprotection...
- Yasuoka S, Kawanokuchi J, Parajuli B, Jin S, Doi Y, Noda M, et al. Production and functions of IL-33 in the central nervous system. Brain Res. 2011;1385:8-17 pubmed publisher..It also enhances chemokines and nitric oxide production and phagocytosis by microglia. Thus, IL-33 produced in the CNS activates microglia and may function as a pro-inflammatory mediator in the pathophysiology of the CNS. ..
- Miller A, Xu D, Asquith D, Denby L, Li Y, Sattar N, et al. IL-33 reduces the development of atherosclerosis. J Exp Med. 2008;205:339-46 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, IL-33 may play a protective role in the development of atherosclerosis via the induction of IL-5 and ox-LDL antibodies. ..