Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il23a
Description: interleukin 23 subunit alpha
Alias: interleukin-23 subunit alpha, IL-23 subunit alpha, IL-23-A, IL-23p19, Interleukin 23, alpha subunit p19, interleukin-23 subunit p19
- Morishima N, Mizoguchi I, Takeda K, Mizuguchi J, Yoshimoto T. TGF-beta is necessary for induction of IL-23R and Th17 differentiation by IL-6 and IL-23. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;386:105-10 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the induction of IL-23R and Th17 differentiation by IL-6 and IL-23 is mediated through endogenously produced TGF-beta. ..
- Smits H, van Beelen A, Hessle C, Westland R, De Jong E, Soeteman E, et al. Commensal Gram-negative bacteria prime human dendritic cells for enhanced IL-23 and IL-27 expression and enhanced Th1 development. Eur J Immunol. 2004;34:1371-80 pubmed..Importantly, this study gives indications that the expression of the different IL-12 family members is dictated by different priming conditions of immature DC. ..
- van de Wetering D, de Paus R, van Dissel J, van de Vosse E. Salmonella induced IL-23 and IL-1beta allow for IL-12 production by monocytes and Mphi1 through induction of IFN-gamma in CD56 NK/NK-like T cells. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8396 pubmed publisher..The IL-23 induced cytokines allow for the subsequent production of IL-12 and amplify the IFN-gamma production in the type-1 cytokine pathway. ..
- DeLay M, Turner M, Klenk E, Smith J, Sowders D, Colbert R. HLA-B27 misfolding and the unfolded protein response augment interleukin-23 production and are associated with Th17 activation in transgenic rats. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:2633-43 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a possible link between HLA-B27 misfolding and immune dysregulation in this animal model, with implications for human disease. ..
- Hu X, Ma R, Lu J, Zhang K, Xu W, Jiang H, et al. IL-23 Promotes Myocardial I/R Injury by Increasing the Inflammatory Responses and Oxidative Stress Reactions. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:2163-72 pubmed publisher..05). All these effects were abolished by anti-IL-23 administration. The present study suggested that IL-23 may promote myocardial I/R injury by increasing the inflammatory responses and oxidative stress reaction. ..
- Lemos H, Grespan R, Vieira S, Cunha T, Verri W, Fernandes K, et al. Prostaglandin mediates IL-23/IL-17-induced neutrophil migration in inflammation by inhibiting IL-12 and IFNgamma production. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:5954-9 pubmed publisher..We thus provide a mechanism for the pathogenic role of the IL-23/IL-17 axis in RA and also suggest an additional mechanism of action for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Yago T, Nanke Y, Kawamoto M, Furuya T, Kobashigawa T, Kamatani N, et al. IL-23 induces human osteoclastogenesis via IL-17 in vitro, and anti-IL-23 antibody attenuates collagen-induced arthritis in rats. Arthritis Res Ther. 2007;9:R96 pubmed..Thus, controlling IL-23 production and function could be a strategy for preventing inflammation and bone destruction in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Ha S, Kim D, Baek K, Yun Y, Sung Y. IL-23 induces stronger sustained CTL and Th1 immune responses than IL-12 in hepatitis C virus envelope protein 2 DNA immunization. J Immunol. 2004;172:525-31 pubmed..These data suggest that IL-23, particularly IL-23N220L, would be an effective adjuvant of DNA vaccine for the induction of durable Ag-specific T cell immunity. ..
- Vaknin Dembinsky A, Balashov K, Weiner H. IL-23 is increased in dendritic cells in multiple sclerosis and down-regulation of IL-23 by antisense oligos increases dendritic cell IL-10 production. J Immunol. 2006;176:7768-74 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that an abnormal Th1 bias in DCs from MS patients related to IL-23 exists, and that antisense oligonucleotides specific to IL-23 can be used for immune modulation by targeting DC gene expression. ..
- Wolf R, Mascia F, Dharamsi A, Howard O, Cataisson C, Bliskovski V, et al. Gene from a psoriasis susceptibility locus primes the skin for inflammation. Sci Transl Med. 2010;2:61ra90 pubmed publisher..This study provides a pathogenetic psoriasis model using a psoriasis candidate gene to link the epidermis and innate immune system in inflammation priming, highlighting the S100A7A15-RAGE axis as a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Doi T, Hara H, Kajita M, Kamiya T, Adachi T. Zinc regulates expression of IL-23 p19 mRNA via activation of eIF2Î±/ATF4 axis in HAPI cells. Biometals. 2015;28:891-902 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that Zn(2+) up-regulates expression of the IL-23 p19 gene via the eIF2Î±/ATF4 axis in HAPI cells. ..
- Liang S, Tan X, Luxenberg D, Karim R, Dunussi Joannopoulos K, Collins M, et al. Interleukin (IL)-22 and IL-17 are coexpressed by Th17 cells and cooperatively enhance expression of antimicrobial peptides. J Exp Med. 2006;203:2271-9 pubmed..Collectively, we have identified IL-22 as a new cytokine expressed by Th17 cells that synergizes with IL-17A or IL-17F to regulate genes associated with skin innate immunity. ..
- Wassink L, Vieira P, Smits H, Kingsbury G, Coyle A, Kapsenberg M, et al. ICOS expression by activated human Th cells is enhanced by IL-12 and IL-23: increased ICOS expression enhances the effector function of both Th1 and Th2 cells. J Immunol. 2004;173:1779-86 pubmed