Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il22
Description: interleukin 22
Alias: RGD1561292, interleukin-22
- Hu M, Lin H, Yang L, Cheng Y, Zhang H. Interleukin-22 restored mitochondrial damage and impaired glucose-stimulated insulin secretion through down-regulation of uncoupling protein-2 in INS-1 cells. J Biochem. 2017;161:433-439 pubmed publisher..We also suggest that IL-22 plays a protective role in this process via the down-regulation of UCP-2. ..
- Matthews K, Wilkinson K, Kalsdorf B, Roberts T, Diacon A, Walzl G, et al. Predominance of interleukin-22 over interleukin-17 at the site of disease in human tuberculosis. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2011;91:587-93 pubmed publisher..We propose that our findings support a role for IL-22 in TB-induced pathology or the resulting repair process. ..
- Farfariello V, Amantini C, Nabissi M, Morelli M, Aperio C, Caprodossi S, et al. IL-22 mRNA in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from allergic rhinitic and asthmatic pediatric patients. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2011;22:419-23 pubmed publisher..The expression of IL-22 and IL-17A mRNAs in asymptomatic monosensitized seroatopic children suggests a role of these cytokines in the early events involved in the development of these allergic diseases. ..
- Almolda B, Costa M, Montoya M, Gonzalez B, Castellano B. Increase in Th17 and T-reg lymphocytes and decrease of IL22 correlate with the recovery phase of acute EAE in rat. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27473 pubmed publisher..along the EAE course characterized by no changes of IL10 and IL17 levels, decrease of IL21 on the peak, and high IL22 levels during the induction and peak phases that markedly decrease during recovery...
- Xu S, Ao J, Gu H, Wang X, Xie C, Meng D, et al. IL-22 Impedes the Proliferation of Schwann cells: Transcriptome Sequencing and Bioinformatics Analysis. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:2395-2405 pubmed publisher..IL-22 might influence SCs proliferation and apoptosis via regulating lncRNA-TF-gene pathways in SCs. However, more studies are required to confirm these results. ..
- Hou W, Wang B, Zhou Y, Xu K, Meng L, Zhu W, et al. ILâ€‘22 expression is increased variedly in the initial phase, onset and chronic phase of a pristaneâ€‘induced arthritis rat model. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:1109-1116 pubmed publisher..It is thought that ILâ€‘22 may serve an important role in the pathological process of PIA, particularly in the chronic fluctuation phase. Therefore, it may be a candidate molecule for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Besnard A, Sabat R, Dumoutier L, Renauld J, Willart M, Lambrecht B, et al. Dual Role of IL-22 in allergic airway inflammation and its cross-talk with IL-17A. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011;183:1153-63 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that IL-22 contributes to the proinflammatory properties of IL-17A in experimental allergic asthma. ..
- Kudva A, Scheller E, Robinson K, Crowe C, Choi S, Slight S, et al. Influenza A inhibits Th17-mediated host defense against bacterial pneumonia in mice. J Immunol. 2011;186:1666-1674 pubmed publisher..These data indicate a novel mechanism by which influenza A-induced type I IFNs inhibit Th17 immunity and increase susceptibility to secondary bacterial pneumonia. ..
- Hoegl S, Bachmann M, Scheiermann P, Goren I, Hofstetter C, Pfeilschifter J, et al. Protective properties of inhaled IL-22 in a model of ventilator-induced lung injury. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;44:369-76 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that IL-22, likely via activation of STAT3 and downstream genes (e.g., SOCS3), is able to protect against cell stretch and pulmonary baro-/biotrauma by enhancing epithelial cell resistibility. ..
- Taube C, Tertilt C, Gyülveszi G, Dehzad N, Kreymborg K, Schneeweiss K, et al. IL-22 is produced by innate lymphoid cells and limits inflammation in allergic airway disease. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21799 pubmed publisher..We conclude that innate IL-22 limits airway inflammation, tissue damage and clinical decline in allergic lung disease. ..
- Huber S, Gagliani N, Zenewicz L, Huber F, Bosurgi L, Hu B, et al. IL-22BP is regulated by the inflammasome and modulates tumorigenesis in the intestine. Nature. 2012;491:259-63 pubmed publisher..b>Interleukin 22 (IL-22), a cytokine of the IL-10 superfamily, has an important role in colonic epithelial cell repair, and its ..
- Ziesché E, Scheiermann P, Bachmann M, Sadik C, Hofstetter C, Zwissler B, et al. Dexamethasone suppresses interleukin-22 associated with bacterial infection in vitro and in vivo. Clin Exp Immunol. 2009;157:370-6 pubmed publisher..epidermidis-activated PBMC and rat sepsis, respectively. The data presented herein suggest that insufficient IL-22 function may contribute to impaired intestinal host defence in the context of corticosteroid therapy. ..
- Dhiman R, Indramohan M, Barnes P, Nayak R, Paidipally P, Rao L, et al. IL-22 produced by human NK cells inhibits growth of Mycobacterium tuberculosis by enhancing phagolysosomal fusion. J Immunol. 2009;183:6639-45 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis through production of IL-22, which inhibits intracellular mycobacterial growth by enhancing phagolysosomal fusion. IL-15 and DAP-10 elicit IL-22 production by NK cells in response to M. tuberculosis. ..
- Martin J, BÃ©riou G, Heslan M, Bossard C, Jarry A, Abidi A, et al. IL-22BP is produced by eosinophils in human gut and blocks IL-22 protective actions during colitis. Mucosal Immunol. 2016;9:539-49 pubmed publisher..We show here that levels of the soluble inhibitor of IL-22, interleukin 22-binding protein (IL-22BP), are significantly enhanced during IBDs owing to increased numbers of IL-22BP-..