Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il2
Description: interleukin 2
Alias: interleukin-2, IL-2, T-cell growth factor, TCGF
- Eradication of human hepatic and pulmonary melanoma metastases in SCID mice by antibody-interleukin 2 fusion proteinsJ C Becker
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:2702-7. 1996..Two antibody-interleukin 2 (IL-2) fusion proteins, ch225-IL2 and ch14...
- Combination gene therapy using multiple immunomodulatory genes transferred by a defective infectious single-cycle herpes virus in squamous cell cancerS H Kim
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Gene Ther 7:1279-85. 2000..In vivo vaccination using tumor cells transduced ex vivo with DISC-IL2 or DISC-GMCSF resulted in protection against subsequent tumor challenge (P < ...
- Reduced production of hyperalgesic substances by mononuclear cells from aged rats incubated with carrageenan: role of interleukin 2 and prostaglandinsL S M Pereira
Departamento de Farmacologia do Instituto de Ciências Biológicas da Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos, 6627, 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG Brasil
Inflamm Res 52:119-25. 2003..To compare the production of hyperalgesic substances by cells from aged (A; 24-month) and juvenile (J; 2-month) rats...
- Reduced expression of interleukin-2 decreases the frequency of alopecia areata onset in C3H/HeJ micePia Freyschmidt-Paul
Department of Dermatology, Philipp University, Marburg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 125:945-51. 2005..Mice heterozygous for a targeted deletion of IL-2 from the histocompatible C3.129P2(B6)-Il2(tm1Hor) substrain, that produce reduced levels of IL-2, were examined for AA development after grafting skin from ..
- Decreased in vitro lymphocyte stimulation and reduced sensitivity to IL-2 in patients with alopecia areataG Orecchia
Clinica Dermatologica, Universita di Pavia, Italy
Arch Dermatol Res 280:S47-50. 1988..The relationship between reduced in vitro response to mitogens and particularly to IL-2, and in vivo response to sensitization to SADBE and the presence of HLA-DR5 are discussed...
- Interleukin (IL)-12, IL-2, and IL-6 gene polymorphisms in Takayasu's arteritis from TurkeyG Saruhan-Direskeneli
Istanbul University Istanbul Medical Faculty, Department of Physiology, Istanbul, Turkey
Hum Immunol 67:735-40. 2006..A total of 94 patients with TA were investigated for the genetic polymorphisms of the interleukin genes IL12, IL2,and IL6 and were compared with 108 healthy control subjects using polymerase chain reaction-sequence-specific ..
- Genetic immunotherapy by intrapleural, intraperitoneal and subcutaneous injection of IL-2 gene-modified Lewis lung carcinoma cellsY Heike
Pharmacology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Cancer 73:844-9. 1997..and subcutaneous injection of interleukin-2 (IL-2) gene-modified Lewis lung carcinoma (LLC) cells (LLC-IL2) was tested in C57BL/6 mice...
- Response of lymphocyte subsets and cytokines to Shenyang prescription in Sprague-Dawley rats with tongue squamous cell carcinomas induced by 4NQOCanhua Jiang
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ninth People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Stomatology, Shanghai, China
BMC Cancer 7:40. 2007..The study was designed to investigate immunocompetence in relation to cancer progression in rat and to assess the effect of the traditional Chinese anti-cancer medicine, "Shenyang" prescription, on immunity...
- Adeno-associated viral-mediated gene transfer to hepatoma: thymidine kinase/interleukin 2 is more effective in tumor killing in non-ganciclovir (GCV)-treated than in GCV-treated animalsH Su
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94131 0793, USA
Mol Ther 1:509-15. 2000b>Interleukin 2 (IL-2) enhancement of herpes simplex virus-thymidine kinase (HSV-TK)/ganciclovir (GCV)-induced tumor killing was studied by cloning the human interleukin 2 gene into an HSV-TK-bearing adeno-associated viral (AAV) vector (TK/..
- Combination vascular delivery of herpes simplex oncolytic viruses and amplicon mediated cytokine gene transfer is effective therapy for experimental liver cancerJ S Zager
Department of Surgery, Hepatobiliary Division, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Med 7:561-8. 2001....
- Family based association analysis of the IL2 and IL15 genes in allergic disordersUlla Christensen
Institute of Human Genetics, The Bartholin Building, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C, Denmark
Eur J Hum Genet 14:227-35. 2006..We have previously reported linkage of allergic diseases and atopy to the region harbouring the IL2 gene (4q27). IL15 is located approximately 20 Mb distal to IL2...
- Severity of mucosal inflammation as a predictor for alterations of visceral sensory function in a rat modelBirgit Adam
Royal Adelaide Hospital, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and General Medicine, University of Adelaide, Australia
Pain 123:179-86. 2006..Visceral hyperalgesia occurs after a transient colitis. However, even a mild acute but asymptomatic colitis can induce long-lasting visceral hyperalgesia in the presence of additional stimuli...
- Association of polymorphisms in the IL1B and IL2 genes with susceptibility and severity of systemic sclerosisSilvia Mattuzzi
Dipartimento di Patologia, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
J Rheumatol 34:997-1004. 2007To investigate possible associations of 9 single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the IL10, IL1B, IL1A, IL1RN, IL2, LTA, and IL6 genes with susceptibility to systemic sclerosis (SSc), and with clinical subtype of SSc patients.
- [The clinical studies of 30 cases perennial allergic rhinitis with special immunotherapy]Huizhen Zhang
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, People s Hospital of Wuhan Universtity, Wuhan, 430060, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 21:356-8. 2007..To observe the efficacy, safety and possible mechanism of specific immunotherapy in treating perennial allergic rhinitis...
- Anti-CD25 mAb, anti-IL2 mAb, and IL2 block tolerance induction through anti-CD154 mAb and rapamycin in xenogeneic islet transplantationH Pan
Department of General Surgery West China Hospital, Si Chuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Transplant Proc 39:3452-4. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate whether classical anergy and/or regulation by interleukin (IL)2-dependent CD25+ T regulatory cells played roles in the induction and maintenance of tolerance in this model...
- Spinal injection of IL-2 or IL-15 alters mechanical and thermal withdrawal thresholds in ratsJuan P Cata
The Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurosci Lett 437:45-9. 2008..These effects dissipated within 24h. These results suggest that IL-2 and IL-15 may participate in the generation of hyperalgesia in some pain conditions...
- Concentration of cytokines in the aqueous humor of patients with naive, recurrent and regressed CNV associated with amd after bevacizumab treatmentMi In Roh
Department of Ophthalmology, The Institute of Vision Research, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Retina 29:523-9. 2009..To evaluate the concentration of various cytokines in the aqueous humor of patients with naive, recurrent, and regressed choroidal neovascularization (CNV) of age-related macular degeneration after bevacizumab treatment...
- IL1RN VNTR and IL2-330 polymorphic genes are independently associated with chronic immune thrombocytopeniaAndreia Maria Camargos Rocha
Laboratory of Research in Bacteriology, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Br J Haematol 150:679-84. 2010..molecules involved in proinflammatory immune response [IL1B-31T/C, IL1RN variable number tandem repeats (VNTR), IL2-330T/G, and TNF-307G/A] as well as in genes that code Toll like receptors (TLR) (TLR2 Arg753Gln, TLR4 Asp299Gly and ..
- Human knee synovial fluid cytokines correlated with grade of knee osteoarthritis--a pilot studyC Thomas Vangsness
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1520 San Pablo Street, LosAngeles, CA 90033, USA
Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis 69:122-7. 2011..The purpose of this pilot study was to evaluate the cytokine profile of human knee synovial fluid and correlate this with the subject's degree of articular cartilage degradation, radiographic score, and synovial histology...
- Decreased c-rel activation contributes to aberrant interleukin-2 expression in CD4(+)T cells of aged ratsZhangbin Gong
Department of Biochemistry, College of Basic Medicine, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, PR China
Mol Immunol 61:1-6. 2014..Therefore, reduced IL-2 production in activated CD4(+)T cells from aged rats is associated with concomitant impairments in the activation of c-rel. ..
- [An increase in the ratio of peripheral blood CD4+/CD8+ T lymphocytes and the levels of connexin 40 and inflammatory factors in spontaneously hypertensive rats]Ai Wang
Key Laboratory of Xinjiang Endemic and Ethnic Diseases Department of Physiology School of Medicine, Shihezi University, Shihezi 832002, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 32:145-8. 2016..To analyze the relationships of connexin 40 (Cx40) with peripheral blood CD4(+) and CD8(+) T lymphocyte subsets and inflammatory factors of spontaneously hypertensive (SH) rats...
- Production of interleukin-2 and interleukin-2 inhibitor in patients with palmoplantar pustulosisT Shiohara
Department of Dermatology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Derm Venereol 67:422-6. 1987..The increased IL-2 production in the inactive stage may be due in part to the depletion of IL-2 inhibitor-producing cells by the treatment...
- Adoptive immunotherapy for head and neck cancer with killer cells induced by stimulation with autologous or allogeneic tumour cells and recombinant interleukin-2T Ishikawa
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Kumamoto University, School of Medicine, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 107:346-51. 1989..The results suggested that adoptive immunotherapy by the killer cells can be a powerful treatment to bring the cancer under control, in with combination of other therapies...
- Enhanced cytotoxic response of natural killer cells to interleukin-2 in Alzheimer's diseaseS B Solerte
Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatric and Gerontology Clinic, University of Pavia, Italy
Dementia 7:343-8. 1996..01). Alterations of IL-2-mediated NK cytotoxicity may therefore support the neuroimmune hypothesis of AD...
- In vivo effects of recombinant human interleukin 2 on antitumor and antiviral natural immunity in induced or natural murine immunodeficiency statesL D Butler
Department of Immunology Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285
Cancer Res 48:6081-9. 1988We have examined the ability of in vivo treatment of mice with recombinant interleukin 2 (rIL-2) to affect natural immunity measured against tumor (YAC-1) or virally infected (herpes simplex type 1) target cells...
- Treatment of recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck with low doses of interleukin-2 injected perilymphaticallyG Cortesina
Department of Otolaryngology, Medical School, University of Turin, Italy
Cancer 62:2482-5. 1988..The injections were occasionally followed by moderate local swelling and lymph node pain, but no systemic disturbances...
- Comparison of the expression of interferon gamma, IL2, IL4, and lymphotoxin mRNA in experimental autoimmune uveoretinitisD G Charteris
Institute of Ophthalmology, London
Br J Ophthalmol 78:786-90. 1994..EAU) by quantifying the numbers of cells expressing mRNA for each of the lymphokines interferon gamma, interleukin 2, interleukin 4, and lymphotoxin throughout the disease process...
- T lymphocyte activation in euthyroid Graves' ophthalmopathy: soluble interleukin 2 receptor release, cellular interleukin 2 receptor expression and interleukin 2 productionK N Lai
Department of Medicine, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 120:602-9. 1989..Mitogen-stimulated cellular interleukin 2 (IL2) receptor expression, soluble interleukin 2 receptor release, and interleukin 2 production, were studied ..
- Immunologic studies in patients with Takayasu's arteritis. III. Immunoregulatory changesJ Alcocer-Varela
Department of Immunology and Rheumatology, Instituto Nacional de la Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico
Clin Exp Rheumatol 7:345-50. 1989..and spontaneously expanded suppression, normal NK cell function and normal enhancement of NK cell function by interleukin 2. The findings indicate that the immunoregulatory disturbance of TKA is different from that occurring in ..
- Close simulation of acute graft-versus-host disease by interleukin-2 administered after autologous bone marrow transplantation for hematologic malignancyC Massumoto
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 17:351-6. 1996....
- Chimeric cytotoxin IL2-PE40 delays and mitigates adjuvant-induced arthritis in ratsJ P Case
Arthritis and Rheumatism Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Disease, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:287-91. 1989..adjuvant leads to T-cell activation and proliferation, processes in which the de novo expression of the interleukin 2 (IL-2) receptor plays a pivotal role...
- Mechanism of the impaired T-cell proliferation in adult rats exposed to alcohol in uteroM P Chang
Education and Clinic Center GRECC, Veteran Administration Medical Center, West Los Angeles, CA
Int J Immunopharmacol 16:345-57. 1994..that the diminished T-cell proliferation in young adult FAE rats was due to a decreased responsiveness to interleukin 2 (IL2), but not to an impaired production of IL2 and expression of IL2 receptors (IL2R)...
- In vivo suppression of plasma IL-12 levels by acute and chronic stress paradigms: potential mediating mechanisms and sex differencesL Shaashua
Neuroimmunology Research Unit, Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Brain Behav Immun 26:996-1005. 2012....
- PDIA3 mRNA expression and IL-2, IL-4, IL-6, and CRP levels of acute kidney allograft rejection in ratGang Chen
Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, 400016, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:5233-8. 2012....
- Differential immune system DNA methylation and cytokine regulation in post-traumatic stress disorderAlicia K Smith
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 156:700-8. 2011..dysregulation associated with trauma history, we compared plasma cytokine levels in these subjects and found IL4, IL2, and TNFα levels associated with PTSD, child abuse, and TLS...
- The SaeR/S gene regulatory system induces a pro-inflammatory cytokine response during Staphylococcus aureus infectionRobert L Watkins
Department of Immunology Infectious Diseases, Montana State University Bozeman, Bozeman, Montana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19939. 2011..aureus during staphylococcal disease and characterizes a relationship between a bacterial global regulator of virulence and the production of pro-inflammatory mediators...
- Sequence of rat interleukin 2 and anomalous binding of a mouse interleukin 2 cDNA probe to rat MHC class II-associated invariant chain mRNAA J McKnight
MRC Cellular Immunology Unit, Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, England
Immunogenetics 30:145-7. 1989
- Intravesical immune suppression by liposomal tacrolimus in cyclophosphamide-induced inflammatory cystitisYao Chi Chuang
Department of Urology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Neurourol Urodyn 30:421-7. 2011..However, its poor aqueous solubility presents challenges in formulating biocompatible instillations to justify the investigation of liposomes as vehicle for tacrolimus...
- IL-2 and IL-4 stimulate MEK1 expression and contribute to T cell resistance against suppression by TGF-beta and IL-10 in asthmaQiaoling Liang
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Medicine and Pediatrics, National Jewish Health and University of Colorado at Denver, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Immunol 185:5704-13. 2010..We have uncovered an IL-2- and IL-4-driven MEK1 induction mechanism that results in heightened ERK1/2 activation in asthmatic T cells and make them resistant to certain inhibitory mechanisms...
- Involvement of NK 1.1-positive γδT cells in interleukin-18 plus interleukin-2-induced interstitial lung diseaseSeiji Segawa
Division of Clinical Immunology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 45:659-66. 2011..1(+) γδT cells could induce the expansion of NK cells and IFN-γ mRNA in the lung by IL-18/IL-2. Our results suggest that NK1.1(+) γδT cells function as inflammatory mediators in the early phase of IL-18/IL-2-induced ILD...
- Protein kinases JAK and ERK mediate protective effect of interleukin-2 upon ganglion cells of the developing rat retinaCamila Marra
Programa de Neurobiologia, Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Cidade Universitaria, 21941 902Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
J Neuroimmunol 233:120-6. 2011..Taken together our results showed that the IL-2 neuroprotective action upon RGC in vitro is mediated by JAK and ERK1/2 activation...
- Correlation of measurable serum markers of inflammation with lung levels following bilateral femur fracture in a rat modelBenjamin W Sears
Department of Orthopaedics, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL, USA
J Inflamm Res 2010:105-114. 2010..Ultimately, analysis of serum levels of KC/GRO (CINC-1), or human IL-8, may be a useful adjunct to guide clinical decisions regarding surgical timing...
- Vaccination leads to an aberrant FOXP3 T-cell response in non-remitting juvenile idiopathic arthritisArash Ronaghy
Department of Pediatrics, Center for Cellular and Molecular Intervention, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 70:2037-43. 2011....
- Lack of IL-2 in PPAR-α-deficient mice triggers allergic contact dermatitis by affecting regulatory T cellsSandrine Dubrac
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Immunol 41:1980-91. 2011..Finally, injection of IL-2 to PPAR-α-/- mice decreased skin inflammation to a level similar to WT mice. In conclusion, the pro-inflammatory skin phenotype of PPAR-α-/- mice is due to lack of IL-2-mediated Treg induction in these mice...
- Intraocular interleukin-17 and proinflammatory cytokines in HLA-A29-associated birdshot chorioretinopathyJonas J W Kuiper
Department of Ophthalmology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Ophthalmol 152:177-182.e1. 2011..To determine the levels of 23 immune mediators in paired aqueous humor (AqH) and serum samples from patients with birdshot chorioretinopathy (BSCR)...
- Impact of endothelial activation on infective and inflammatory complications after cardiac surgery in type II diabetes mellitusFrancesco Onorati
Cardiac Surgery Unit, Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Int J Artif Organs 34:469-80. 2011..Infections and inflammatory organ damage often complicate the postoperative course. We evaluated endothelial/cytokine response (ECR) after cardiac surgery and its role on infective/inflammatory complications of type II diabetic patients...
- Efficacy of large doses of IL-2-activated human leukocyte antigen haploidentical peripheral blood stem cells on refractory metastatic renal cell carcinomaShui Cao
Biotherapy Center of Tianjin Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin Medical University, Tiyuanbei, Huanhuri Road, Hari District, Tianjin, China
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 26:503-10. 2011..5 months (3-14 months). The adoptive transfusion of IL-2-activated haplo-PBSCs can induce sustained antitumor effects for advanced intractable RCC patients who have had no response to conventional immunotherapy...
- Antiviral role of Toll-like receptors and cytokines against the new 2009 H1N1 virus infectionYe Liu
Department of Immunology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:1163-72. 2012..TLR9 may be the key receptor among pattern recognized receptors to recognize and bind to H1N1 virus. Cellular immune responses induced by Th1 may participate in modulating the influenza H1N1 2009...
- Hyperglycemic Ins2AkitaLdlr⁻/⁻ mice show severely elevated lipid levels and increased atherosclerosis: a model of type 1 diabetic macrovascular diseaseChangcheng Zhou
Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics and Metabolism, Rockefeller University, New York, NY, USA
J Lipid Res 52:1483-93. 2011..and Lpl, along with increased expression of pro-inflammatory cytokine genes, including interleukin (Il)1α, Il1β, Il2, tumor necrosis factor (Tnf)α, and Mcp1...
- Acute exhaustive exercise regulates IL-2, IL-4 and MyoD in skeletal muscle but not adipose tissue in ratsJosé C Rosa Neto
Department of Physiology of Nutrition, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 10:97. 2011....
- Time-dependent in-vivo effects of interleukin-2 on neurotransmitters in various cortices: relationships with depressive-related and anxiety-like behaviourB D Karrenbauer
Department of Physiological Psychology, Philipps University Marburg, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 237:23-32. 2011..IL-2 had dose-dependent effects on depressive-related behaviour after delayed but not acute testing, but no effects on anxiety-like behaviour...
- Local inflammatory markers and systemic endotoxin in aggressive periodontitisL M Shaddox
Department of Periodontology, University of Florida College of Dentistry, PO Box 100434, Gainesville, FL 32610 0434, USA
J Dent Res 90:1140-4. 2011..Nine mediators were elevated in LAP diseased sites as compared with healthy sites (TNFα, INFγ, IL1β, IL2, IL6, IL10, Il12p40, GMCSF, and MIP1α, p < 0...
- Rapamycin and IL-2 reduce lethal acute graft-versus-host disease associated with increased expansion of donor type CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cellsHo Jin Shin
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Medical Research Institute, Pusan National University Hospital, Busan, Korea
Blood 118:2342-50. 2011..These studies indicate that the pharmacologic stimulation of T cells with IL-2 and the suppression of Tcon proliferation with RAPA result in a selective expansion of functional Tregs and suppression of acute GVHD...
- In vivo effect of surfactant on inflammatory cytokines during endotoxin-induced lung injury in rodentsNeha Mittal
Department of Biophysics, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
J Immunotoxicol 8:274-83. 2011..Last, the studies here clearly indicated that in this aspect, natural surfactant appears to be more beneficial compared to synthetic surfactant...
- Severe combined immunodeficiency due to a specific defect in the production of interleukin-2K Weinberg
Division of Research Immunology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, CA 90027
N Engl J Med 322:1718-23. 1990
- Role of IL-2 in rat fetal thymocyte developmentA Varas
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Biology, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
Int Immunol 9:1589-99. 1997..Taken together, these findings support a role for IL-2 in rat T cell development...
- Release of IL-1 and IL-2 and expression of IL-2 receptors as a function of postnatal age and sexH Ramseier
Dept Pathology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Cytokine Netw 4:453-9. 1993Release patterns of the mitogen-induced cytokines IL-1 and IL2 by Long Evans rat unfractionated spleen cells, as well as expression of IL-2R on such cells at different postnatal days (neonatal to adult) were studied for female and male ..
- Regulation of heat-shock protein (hsp70) gene expression by hGH and IL2 in rat Nb2 lymphoma cellsS Horn
Department of Biochemistry, Food Science and Nutrition, Faculty of Agriculture, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Mol Cell Endocrinol 105:139-46. 1994A comparative study of hGH and IL2 post-signaling effects, as examined by RNA expression (Nb29) and protein levels of the heat-shock protein hsp70, was performed in a hormone-dependent rat lymphoma cell line, Nb2-11C...
- Structural basis for binding multiple ligands by the common cytokine receptor gamma-chainFerenc Olosz
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
J Biol Chem 277:12047-52. 2002..Asn-128 and Tyr-103 likely act as contact residues whereas Cys-161, Cys-210, and Gly-211 may stabilize the structure of the proposed ligand-interacting surface formed by the two extracytoplasmic domains...
- Opioid receptor-mediated effects of interleukin-2 on the [Ca2+]i transient and contraction in isolated ventricular myocytes of the ratChun mei Cao
Department of Physiology, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, 353 Yan An Road, Hangzhou 310031, China
Pflugers Arch 443:635-42. 2002....
- Changes in urinary bladder cytokine mRNA and protein after cyclophosphamide-induced cystitisSusan E Malley
University of Vermont, College of Medicine, Department of Neurology, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Physiol Genomics 9:5-13. 2002..Increased cytokine expression after CYP-induced cystitis, alone or in combination with other inflammatory mediators or growth factors, may contribute to altered lower urinary tract function after cystitis...
- Effect of interleukin 1alpha and interleukin 2 over glucose metabolism in isolated uterus of restricted diet rats. Influence of NO and COX-2J A Linares
Catedra de Fisiologia, Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, Cordoba 5000, Argentina
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 69:39-43. 2003..The addition of 10 or 20 ngml(-1) interleukin 1alpha (IL-1alpha) or interleukin 2(IL-2) to the Krebs-Ringer bicarbonate solution medium stimulates glucose metabolism in uteri from underfed ..
- Translocation of CD28 to lipid rafts and costimulation of IL-2Ali Sadra
Department of Medicine, Rosalind Russell Research Laboratory, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94110 3594, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11422-7. 2004..Taken together with the known importance of lipid rafts in T cell activation, these observations suggest that translocation to lipid rafts may play an important role in CD28 signaling...
- Cytokine mRNA levels in brain and peripheral tissues of the rat: relationships with plus-maze behaviorCornelius R Pawlak
Experimental and Physiological Psychology, Philipps University of Marburg, Gutenbergstr 18, 35032 Marburg, Germany
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 137:159-65. 2005..These results provide new evidence indicating that cytokine mRNA in the brain can be related to elevated plus-maze behavior and that this relationship is site (prefrontal cortex, striatum)- and cytokine mRNA-specific (IL-2)...
- Binding of interleukin 2 to gangliosidesJ Parker
FEBS Lett 170:391-5. 1984Exogenous gangliosides inhibit interleukin 2 (IL2)-dependent growth of a T cell line, AKIL -1.E8...
- Interleukin-2 concentration in hypothalamic structures of rats receiving peptides during mild stressS V Barabanova
Department of General Pathology and Pathophysiology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, St Petersburg
Bull Exp Biol Med 141:390-3. 2006..Adaptation of animals to experimental conditions prevented the decrease in the number of IL-2-positive cells in the supraoptic nucleus after intranasal administration of Epithalon...
- Interleukin-2 enhances dendritic development and spinogenesis in cultured hippocampal neuronsYi Shen
Department of Neurobiology, Institute for Neuroscience, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 293:1017-23. 2010..These results indicate that IL-2 affects the dendritic development and spinogenesis of cultured hippocampal neurons, especially during the early developmental stage...
- The effect of compound nutrients on stress-induced changes in serum IL-2, IL-6 and TNF-alpha levels in ratsYa Li Liu
Department of Physiology, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, Shaanxi, China
Cytokine 37:14-21. 2007..These results suggested that compound nutrients might be proposed as a possible candidate in the research or therapeutic modulation of stress-related disorders...
- Induction of suppressor T cells by interleukin 2C C Ting
J Immunol 133:261-6. 1984The optimal concentration of interleukin 2 (IL 2) for maintaining the in vitro growth of T cells was quite different from that required for the induction of cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL) in nu/nu spleen cells...
- Modification of adverse inflammation is required to cure new-onset type 1 diabetic hostsMaria Koulmanda
Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, and Islet Transplantation Research Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:13074-9. 2007..Thus, this triple-therapy regimen, possessing both tolerance-inducing and select antiinflammatory properties, may represent a prototype for therapies able to restore euglycemia and self-tolerance in T1DM...
- Interleukin 2 and a lactogen regulate proliferation and protein phosphorylation in Nb2 cellsE J Rayhel
Department of Life Sciences, Indiana State University, Terre Haute 47809
Biochem J 249:333-8. 1988Cell proliferation and protein phosphorylation in response to activation of lactogenic and interleukin 2 (IL-2) receptors were studied in Nb2 cells, a rat T-lymphocyte cell line...
- Comparative analysis of the expression of c-Fos and interleukin-2 proteins in hypothalamus cells during various treatmentsS V Barabanova
Department of General Pathology and Pathophysiology, State Research Institute of Experimental Medicine, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, St Petersburg, Russia
Neurosci Behav Physiol 38:237-43. 2008....
- Mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) mediates non-genomic pathway of estrogen on T cell cytokine production following trauma-hemorrhageTakao Suzuki
Center for Surgical Research and Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1670 University Boulevard, Volker Hall, Room G094, Birmingham, AL 35294 0019, USA
Cytokine 42:32-8. 2008..These findings suggest E2 effects on T cell cytokine production following T-H are mediated at least in part via non-genomic pathway and these non-genomic effects are likely mediated via MAPK pathways...
- Dynamic changes of IL-2/IL-10, sFas and expression of Fas in intestinal mucosa in rats with acute necrotizing pancreatitisSheng Chun Dang
Department of General Surgery, The Affiliated Hospital of Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212001, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:2246-50. 2008..To investigate dynamic changes of serum IL-2, IL-10, IL-2/IL-10 and sFas in rats with acute necrotizing pancreatitis. To explore the expression of Fas in intestinal mucosa of rats with acute necrotizing pancreatitis (ANP)...
- [Implication of different expression of IL-2 mRNA and IL-10 mRNA in CD4(+)CD25(+)T cell induced immune tolerance of liver transplantation in rat]Liu Bin Shi
Department of Hepatic Surgery, Huashan Hospital Affiliated to Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 20:257-60. 2008..To investigate the expression of tolerance-associated interleukin (IL)-2 mRNA and IL-10 mRNA in rats after allogeneic liver transplantation...
- Effects of escapable and inescapable stressors on behavior and interleukin-2 in the brainYen Ti Lee
Institute of Behavioral Medicine, Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, Republic of China
Neuroreport 19:1243-7. 2008..These data provide insight into the pathophysiological role of IL-2 in stress-related disorders...
- CD4+CD25+ T cells alloactivated ex vivo by IL-2 or IL-4 become potent alloantigen-specific inhibitors of rejection with different phenotypes, suggesting separate pathways of activation by Th1 and Th2 responsesNirupama D Verma
Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales and Department of Medicine, Liverpool Hospital, Liverpool, Australia
Blood 113:479-87. 2009..These findings suggested that T-helper 1 (Th1) and Th2 responses activate 2 pathways of adaptive Ag-specific Tregs that mediate tolerance. We propose they be known as T-suppressor 1 (Ts1) and Ts2 cells...
- Knockdown of interleukin-2 by shRNA-mediated RNA interference prolongs liver allograft survivalYong Chen
Chongqing Key Laboratory of Hepatobliliary Surgery and Department of Hepatobliliary Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, PR China
J Surg Res 159:582-7. 2010..Our results suggest that IL-2 targeting using RNA interference approach may be of potential interest in organ transplantation...
- IL-2 and IFN-gamma in the retina of diabetic ratsSiv Johnsen-Soriano
Fundacion Oftalmologica del Mediterraneo, Bifurcación Pio Baroja General Avilés, s n 46015, Valencia, Spain
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:985-90. 2010..The aim of this work was to study T-helper cell cytokine and chemokine profiles, and tyrosine nitration in retinal tissue of diabetic rats...
- Tolerance Induction for Primate Islet TransplantationMaria Koulmanda; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..