Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ikzf1
Description: IKAROS family zinc finger 1
Alias: RGD1562979, DNA-binding protein Ikaros
- Dijon M, Bardin F, Murati A, Batoz M, Chabannon C, Tonnelle C. The role of Ikaros in human erythroid differentiation. Blood. 2008;111:1138-46 pubmed..We conclude that Ikaros is involved in human adult or fetal erythroid differentiation as well as in the commitment between erythroid and myeloid cells. ..
- Ezzat S, Mader R, Fischer S, Yu S, Ackerley C, Asa S. An essential role for the hematopoietic transcription factor Ikaros in hypothalamic-pituitary-mediated somatic growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:2214-9 pubmed..These findings unmask a wider role for Ikaros in the neuroendocrine system, highlighting a critical contribution to the development of the hypothalamic-pituitary somatotrophic axis. ..
- Dorman K, Shen Z, Yang C, Ezzat S, Asa S. CtBP1 interacts with Ikaros and modulates pituitary tumor cell survival and response to hypoxia. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:447-57 pubmed publisher..These results identify putative oncogenic properties of CtBP1 and provide new insights into the overlapping functions of two members of the chromatin remodeling network in the response to hypoxic pituitary tumor cell drive. ..
- Yamauchi M, Kawai S, Kato T, Ooshima T, Amano A. Odd-skipped related 1 gene expression is regulated by Runx2 and Ikzf1 transcription factors. Gene. 2008;426:81-90 pubmed publisher..Several Runx2 and Ikzf1 binding sites were found in both mouse and human Osr1 promoters...
- Goldman F, Gurel Z, Al Zubeidi D, Fried A, Icardi M, Song C, et al. Congenital pancytopenia and absence of B lymphocytes in a neonate with a mutation in the Ikaros gene. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012;58:591-7 pubmed publisher..Our report describes a novel case of congenital pancytopenia associated with mutation of the IKAROS gene. Furthermore, these data suggest a critical role of IKAROS in human hematopoiesis and immune development. ..
- Li Z, Song C, Ouyang H, Lai L, Payne K, Dovat S. Cell cycle-specific function of Ikaros in human leukemia. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012;59:69-76 pubmed publisher..The differences we observe in murine and human Ikaros function highlight the importance of using human cells in studies of ALL. These data identify the CK2 pathway as a target for therapies in ALL. ..
- Honma Y, Kiyosawa H, Mori T, Oguri A, Nikaido T, Kanazawa K, et al. Eos: a novel member of the Ikaros gene family expressed predominantly in the developing nervous system. FEBS Lett. 1999;447:76-80 pubmed..These findings suggested that Eos may have important roles in neural development similarly to the Ikaros family in the development of hemolymphoid tissue. ..
- Kelley C, Ikeda T, Koipally J, Avitahl N, Wu L, Georgopoulos K, et al. Helios, a novel dimerization partner of Ikaros expressed in the earliest hematopoietic progenitors. Curr Biol. 1998;8:508-15 pubmed..The preferential expression of Helios in the earliest stages of hematopoiesis suggests that this gene functions predominantly in early progenitors. ..
- Uckun F, Ma H, Zhang J, Ozer Z, Dovat S, Mao C, et al. Serine phosphorylation by SYK is critical for nuclear localization and transcription factor function of Ikaros. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:18072-7 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, we establish that SYK-induced Ikaros activation is essential for its nuclear localization and optimal transcription factor function. ..
- Westman B, Perdomo J, Matthews J, Crossley M, Mackay J. Structural studies on a protein-binding zinc-finger domain of Eos reveal both similarities and differences to classical zinc fingers. Biochemistry. 2004;43:13318-27 pubmed..These studies provide the first structural insights into how EosC mediates protein-protein interactions and contributes to our understanding of why it does not exhibit high-affinity DNA binding. ..
- Mattar P, Ericson J, Blackshaw S, Cayouette M. A conserved regulatory logic controls temporal identity in mouse neural progenitors. Neuron. 2015;85:497-504 pubmed publisher..castor lies downstream of the early temporal identity factor hunchback, we find that the hunchback ortholog Ikzf1 represses Casz1...