Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Igf2r
Description: insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor
Alias: IGF-IIR, Igfr2, cation-independent mannose-6-phosphate receptor
- Tsujiuchi T, Sasaki Y, Tsutsumi M, Konishi Y. Alterations of the M6p/Igf2 receptor gene in lung adenocarcinomas induced by N-nitrosobis(2-hydroxypropyl)amine in rats. Mol Carcinog. 2003;36:32-7 pubmed..and total RNAs were extracted from each for assessment of mutations and levels of aberrant transcripts of the M6p/Igf2r gene by reverse transcription (RT)-polymerase chain reaction (PCR) single-strand conformation polymorphism ..
- Lee F, Peng S, Lin K, Chen R, Ho T, Tsai F, et al. HSF1 phosphorylation by ERK/GSK3 suppresses RNF126 to sustain IGF-IIR expression for hypertension-induced cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:979-989 pubmed publisher..HSF1 could be a valuable therapeutic target for cardiac diseases among hypertensive patients. ..
- Kreiling J, Montgomery M, Wheeler J, Kopanic J, Connelly C, Zavorka M, et al. Dominant-negative effect of truncated mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor species in cancer. FEBS J. 2012;279:2695-713 pubmed publisherOligomerization of the mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor?II receptor (M6P/IGF2R) is important for optimal ligand binding and internalization...
- Belmonte S, Romano P, Fornés W, Sosa M. Changes in distribution of phosphomannosyl receptors during maturation of rat spermatozoa. Biol Reprod. 2000;63:1172-8 pubmed..Receptors were localized on the plasmalemma of spermatozoa, as observed by immunoelectron microscopy. Changes in distribution may be related to a maturation process, which suggests new roles for the phosphomannosyl receptors. ..
- Progida C, Malerød L, Stuffers S, Brech A, Bucci C, Stenmark H. RILP is required for the proper morphology and function of late endosomes. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3729-37 pubmed..We propose that RILP might coordinate the biogenesis of MVEs with dynein-mediated motility. ..
- Villuendas G, Botella Carretero J, Lopez Bermejo A, Gubern C, Ricart W, Fernandez Real J, et al. The ACAA-insertion/deletion polymorphism at the 3' UTR of the IGF-II receptor gene is associated with type 2 diabetes and surrogate markers of insulin resistance. Eur J Endocrinol. 2006;155:331-6 pubmed..The ACAA-insertion/deletion polymorphism at the 3' UTR of IGFIIR is associated with type 2 diabetes and influences surrogate markers of insulin resistance in non-diabetic subjects. ..
- Lee S, Chu C, Huang E, Lu M, Liu J, Liu C, et al. Roles of insulin-like growth factor II in cardiomyoblast apoptosis and in hypertensive rat heart with abdominal aorta ligation. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006;291:E306-14 pubmed..The increased cardiac IGF-II, IGF-IIR, caspase 9, and cellular apoptosis were also found in hypertensive rats with abdominal aorta ligation...
- Hawkes C, Jhamandas J, Harris K, Fu W, MacDonald R, Kar S. Single transmembrane domain insulin-like growth factor-II/mannose-6-phosphate receptor regulates central cholinergic function by activating a G-protein-sensitive, protein kinase C-dependent pathway. J Neurosci. 2006;26:585-96 pubmed
- Xu Y, Grundy P, Polychronakos C. Aberrant imprinting of the insulin-like growth factor II receptor gene in Wilms' tumor. Oncogene. 1997;14:1041-6 pubmed..The IGF2R gene encodes a nonmitogenic receptor which targets IGF-II to the lysosomes for degradation and, therefore, ..
- Thesleff I. Craniofacial developmental biology--an expanding field of dental research. Proc Finn Dent Soc. 1992;88:163-8 pubmed
- Chu C, Huang C, Lu M, Lin J, Tsai F, Tsai C, et al. Enhancement of AG1024-induced H9c2 cardiomyoblast cell apoptosis via the interaction of IGF2R with Galpha proteins and its downstream PKA and PLC-beta modulators by IGF-II. Chin J Physiol. 2009;52:31-7 pubmed..and that apoptosis is required for upregulating the IGF-II and the IGF-II/ mannose 6-phosphate receptor (IGF2R) gene. However, the role of IGF-II in the regulation of cell apoptosis through IGF2R is little known...
- Sheng J, Organ E, Hao C, Wells K, Ruley H, Rubin D. Mutations in the IGF-II pathway that confer resistance to lytic reovirus infection. BMC Cell Biol. 2004;5:32 pubmed..type 1 involved the insulin growth factor-2 (IGF-II) pathway, including: the mannose-6-phosphate/IGF2 receptor (Igf2r), a protease associated with insulin growth factor binding protein 5 (Prss11), and the CTCF transcriptional ..
- McCusker R, Novakofski J. Zinc partitions insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) from soluble IGF binding protein (IGFBP)-5 to the cell surface receptors of BC3H-1 muscle cells. J Cell Physiol. 2003;197:388-99 pubmed..Zn(2+) was active at physiological doses depressing IGF binding to IGFBP-5 and the IGF-2R at 15-20 microM. Hence, a novel mechanism is further characterized by which the trace micronutrient Zn(2+) could regulate IGF activity. ..
- Ikushima H, Munakata Y, Ishii T, Iwata S, Terashima M, Tanaka H, et al. Internalization of CD26 by mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor contributes to T cell activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:8439-44 pubmed
- Hirosako K, Imasato H, Hirota Y, Kuronita T, Masuyama N, Nishioka M, et al. 3-Methyladenine specifically inhibits retrograde transport of cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor from the early endosome to the TGN. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316:845-52 pubmed..The results suggest that the effect of 3-MA is restricted to the retrieval of MPR300 from early/recycling endosomes. ..
- Romano P, López A, Mariani M, Sartor T, Belmonte S, Sosa M. Expression and binding properties of the two mannose-6-phosphate receptors differ during perinatal development in rat liver. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;295:1000-6 pubmed..These results demonstrate that both receptors change differentially during perinatal development, suggesting that they play distinct roles during organ maturation. ..
- Tsujiuchi T, Sasaki Y, Oka Y, Kuniyasu H, Konishi Y, Tsutsumi M. Alterations of the M6p/Igf2 receptor gene in hepatocellular carcinomas induced by N-nitrosodiethylamine and a choline-deficient L-amino acid-defined diet in rats. Mol Carcinog. 2004;39:199-205 pubmedTo elucidate whether the M6p/Igf2 receptor (M6p/Igf2r) gene might be involved in exogenous and endogenous liver carcinogenesis, we investigated its alteration in hepatocellular carcinomas (HCCs) induced by N-nitrosodiethylamine (DEN) and ..
- Kang J, Bell J, Beard R, Chandraratna R. Mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor mediates the growth-inhibitory effects of retinoids. Cell Growth Differ. 1999;10:591-600 pubmedBoth retinoids and the mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor-II receptor (M6P/IGF2R) have been shown to play an important role in controlling cell growth during embryonic development and oncogenesis. Our recent work (Kang et al...
- MacDonald R, Pfeffer S, Coussens L, Tepper M, Brocklebank C, Mole J, et al. A single receptor binds both insulin-like growth factor II and mannose-6-phosphate. Science. 1988;239:1134-7 pubmed..These results indicate that the type II IGF receptor contains cooperative, high-affinity binding sites for both IGF-II and Man-6-P-containing proteins. ..
- Martín Montañez E, Pavía J, Santin L, Boraldi F, Estivill Torrus G, Aguirre J, et al. Involvement of IGF-II receptors in the antioxidant and neuroprotective effects of IGF-II on adult cortical neuronal cultures. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:1041-51 pubmed publisher..In this study, we demonstrated that the antioxidant effect of IGF-II is at least partially mediated by IGF-II receptors. ..
- Dagvajantsan B, Aoki M, Warita H, Suzuki N, Itoyama Y. Up-regulation of insulin-like growth factor-II receptor in reactive astrocytes in the spinal cord of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis transgenic rats. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2008;214:303-10 pubmed..We suggest that IGF receptors may play a key role in the pathogenesis, and may have therapeutic implications in ALS. ..
- Weng Y, Kuo W, Lin Y, Kuo C, Tzang B, Tsai F, et al. Danshen mediates through estrogen receptors to activate Akt and inhibit apoptosis effect of Leu27IGF-II-induced IGF-II receptor signaling activation in cardiomyoblasts. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;56:28-39 pubmed publisher..All our data indicated that Danshen exerts strong estrogenic activity which can be considered a novel selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) against IGF2R signaling that blocks cardiac apoptosis.
- Pantaleon M, Jericho H, Rabnott G, Kaye P. The role of insulin-like growth factor II and its receptor in mouse preimplantation development. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2003;15:37-45 pubmed..These responses indicate that the IGF-II/M6P receptor is functional and likely to participate in such a regulatory circuit. The functional role of IGF-II and its receptor is discussed with reference to regulation of early development. ..
- Lin K, Kuo C, Kuo W, Ho T, Pai P, Chen W, et al. NFIL3 suppresses hypoxia-induced apoptotic cell death by targeting the insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor. J Cell Biochem. 2015;116:1113-20 pubmed publisherThe insulin-like growth factor-II/mannose 6-phosphate receptor (IGF2R) over-expression correlates with heart disease progression...
- Saris J, Derkx F, de Bruin R, Dekkers D, Lamers J, Saxena P, et al. High-affinity prorenin binding to cardiac man-6-P/IGF-II receptors precedes proteolytic activation to renin. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2001;280:H1706-15 pubmed..Binding precedes internalization and proteolytic activation to renin thereby supporting the concept of cardiac angiotensin formation by renal prorenin...
- Chu C, Tzang B, Chen L, Liu C, Tsai F, Tsai C, et al. Activation of insulin-like growth factor II receptor induces mitochondrial-dependent apoptosis through G(alpha)q and downstream calcineurin signaling in myocardial cells. Endocrinology. 2009;150:2723-31 pubmed publisher..Suppression of IGF-IIR signaling pathways may be a good strategy for both the protection against myocardial cell apoptosis and the prevention of heart failure progression. ..
- Nguyen G. Renin/prorenin receptors. Kidney Int. 2006;69:1503-6 pubmed
- Chu C, Lo J, Hu W, Lu R, Chang M, Tsai F, et al. Histone acetylation is essential for ANG-II-induced IGF-IIR gene expression in H9c2 cardiomyoblast cells and pathologically hypertensive rat heart. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:259-68 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrates that histone acetylation plays a critical role in IGF-IIR up-regulation during pathological cardiac diseases and might provide a targeting gene in transcriptional therapies for the failing heart. ..
- Lau M, Stewart C, Liu Z, Bhatt H, Rotwein P, Stewart C. Loss of the imprinted IGF2/cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor results in fetal overgrowth and perinatal lethality. Genes Dev. 1994;8:2953-63 pubmed..that inherit a nonfunctional insulin-like growth factor-II/cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor (Igf2r) gene from their fathers are viable and develop normally into adults...
- Chen Y, Lee N, Pai P, Chung L, Shen C, Rajendran P, et al. Tanshinone-induced ERs suppresses IGFII activation to alleviate Ang II-mediated cardiac hypertrophy. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2017;37:493-499 pubmed publisher..In contrast, TSN reduced HSF1 phosphorylation and cell surface IGF-2R while elevating SIRT1 via ERs. TSN was capable of attenuating AngII-induced IGF-2R pathway and hypertrophy through ERs in H9c2 cardiomyoblast cells. ..
- Mousavi S, Fønhus M, Kindberg G, Tolleshaug H, Berg T. Enhanced activity of lysosomal proteases in activated rat hepatic stellate cells is associated with a concomitant increase in the number of the mannose-6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor. Cell Biol Int. 2013;37:703-12 pubmed publisher..Degradation of the ligand was reduced by inhibitors of lysosomal proteases and therefore took place in lysosomes. ..
- Morvan J, Köchl R, Watson R, Collinson L, Jefferies H, Tooze S. In vitro reconstitution of fusion between immature autophagosomes and endosomes. Autophagy. 2009;5:676-89 pubmed..We also demonstrate that the lipidated form of the autophagosomal protein LC3 is dispensable for this fusion event. ..
- Villevalois Cam L, Rescan C, Gilot D, Ezan F, Loyer P, Desbuquois B, et al. The hepatocyte is a direct target for transforming-growth factor beta activation via the insulin-like growth factor II/mannose 6-phosphate receptor. J Hepatol. 2003;38:156-63 pubmed
- Mills J, Falls J, De Souza A, Jirtle R. Imprinted M6p/Igf2 receptor is mutated in rat liver tumors. Oncogene. 1998;16:2797-802 pubmedWe have previously shown that inactivation of mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor (M6P/IGF2R) is a common early event in both human liver and breast carcinogenesis...
- Corvera S, Folander K, Clairmont K, Czech M. A highly phosphorylated subpopulation of insulin-like growth factor II/mannose 6-phosphate receptors is concentrated in a clathrin-enriched plasma membrane fraction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:7567-71 pubmed..In addition, insulin action may prevent the concentration of these receptors in a clathrin-enriched membrane subfraction. ..
- Saito T, Akutsu S, Urushiyama T, Ishibashi K, Nakagawa Y, Shuler C, et al. Changes in the mRNA expressions of insulin-like growth factors, their receptors, and binding proteins during the postnatal development of rat masseter muscle. Zoolog Sci. 2003;20:441-7 pubmed..rat masseter muscle during the shift of rat feeding behavior, we analyzed the expressions of IGF-I, IGF-II, IGFR1, IGFR2, and IGFBP1~6 mRNAs in rat masseter muscle between 0 and 70 days after birth using the competitive, reverse ..
- Hawkes C, Kar S. Insulin-like growth factor-II/mannose-6-phosphate receptor: widespread distribution in neurons of the central nervous system including those expressing cholinergic phenotype. J Comp Neurol. 2003;458:113-27 pubmed
- Hankins G, De Souza A, Bentley R, Patel M, Marks J, Iglehart J, et al. M6P/IGF2 receptor: a candidate breast tumor suppressor gene. Oncogene. 1996;12:2003-9 pubmedThe mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor (M6P/IGF2r) functions in the activation of TGFbeta, a potent growth inhibitor for most cell types, the degradation of the mitogen, IGF2, and the intracellular trafficking of ..