Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hyaluronidase 1
Description: hyaluronoglucosaminidase 1
Alias: hyaluronidase-1, hyal-1
Products: hyaluronidase 1
- Berdiaki A, Nikitovic D, Tsatsakis A, Katonis P, Karamanos N, Tzanakakis G. bFGF induces changes in hyaluronan synthase and hyaluronidase isoform expression and modulates the migration capacity of fibrosarcoma cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1790:1258-65 pubmed publisher..bFGF regulates, in a cell-specific manner the migration capability of fibrosarcoma cells by modulating their HA metabolism. HA metabolism is suggested to be a potential therapeutic target in fibrosarcoma. ..
- Lokeshwar V, Gomez P, Kramer M, Knapp J, McCornack M, Lopez L, et al. Epigenetic regulation of HYAL-1 hyaluronidase expression. identification of HYAL-1 promoter. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:29215-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, HYAL-1 expression is epigenetically regulated by the binding of different transcription factors to the methylated and unmethylated HYAL-1 promoter. ..
- Declèves A, Caron N, Voisin V, Legrand A, Bouby N, Kultti A, et al. Synthesis and fragmentation of hyaluronan in renal ischaemia. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012;27:3771-81 pubmed publisher..The current data open the door to timed pharmacological interventions blocking the production of HA fragments. ..
- Tan J, Wang X, Su X, Li H, Shi Y, Wang L, et al. Upregulation of HYAL1 expression in breast cancer promoted tumor cell proliferation, migration, invasion and angiogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22836 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the HA expression was upregulated by forcing HYAL1 expression in vivo. These findings suggested that HYAL1-HA system is correlated with the malignant behavior of breast cancer. ..
- Gasingirwa M, Thirion J, Mertens Strijthagen J, Wattiaux de Coninck S, Flamion B, Wattiaux R, et al. Endocytosis of hyaluronidase-1 by the liver. Biochem J. 2010;430:305-13 pubmed publisher..Although its degradation half-time is short, Hyal-1 could exert its activity due to a constant supply of active molecules from the blood. ..
- Reitinger S, Müllegger J, Greiderer B, Nielsen J, Lepperdinger G. Designed human serum hyaluronidase 1 variant, HYAL1DeltaL, exhibits activity up to pH 5.9. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19173-7 pubmed publisher..Human serum hyaluronidase 1 (HYAL1) is active solely below pH 5.1...
- Monzon M, Manzanares D, Schmid N, Casalino Matsuda S, Forteza R. Hyaluronidase expression and activity is regulated by pro-inflammatory cytokines in human airway epithelial cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008;39:289-95 pubmed publisher..Our observations indicate that Hyal 1, 2, and 3 are expressed in airway epithelium and may operate in a coordinated fashion to depolymerize HA during ..
- Chow G, Knudson C, Knudson W. Expression and cellular localization of human hyaluronidase-2 in articular chondrocytes and cultured cell lines. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2006;14:849-58 pubmed..Thus, local turnover of HA is dependent on receptor-mediated endocytosis and delivery to low pH intracellular organelles for its complete degradation. ..
- Lokeshwar V, Schroeder G, Carey R, Soloway M, Iida N. Regulation of hyaluronidase activity by alternative mRNA splicing. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:33654-63 pubmed..These results demonstrate that alternative mRNA splicing controls cellular expression of enzymatically active hyaluronidase and may explain the elevated hyaluronidase levels in bladder/prostate cancer. ..
- Triggs Raine B, Salo T, Zhang H, Wicklow B, Natowicz M. Mutations in HYAL1, a member of a tandemly distributed multigene family encoding disparate hyaluronidase activities, cause a newly described lysosomal disorder, mucopolysaccharidosis IX. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:6296-300 pubmed..These data provide an explanation for the unexpectedly mild phenotype in mucopolysaccharidosis IX and predict the existence of other hyaluronidase deficiency disorders. ..
- Jadin L, Wu X, Ding H, Frost G, Onclinx C, Triggs Raine B, et al. Skeletal and hematological anomalies in HYAL2-deficient mice: a second type of mucopolysaccharidosis IX?. FASEB J. 2008;22:4316-26 pubmed publisher..In addition, the viability of HYAL2-deficient mice raises the possibility that a similar defect, defining a new MPS disorder, exists in humans. ..
- Li L, Asteriou T, Bernert B, Heldin C, Heldin P. Growth factor regulation of hyaluronan synthesis and degradation in human dermal fibroblasts: importance of hyaluronan for the mitogenic response of PDGF-BB. Biochem J. 2007;404:327-36 pubmed..We conclude that the ERK MAPK and PI3K signalling pathways are necessary for the regulation of hyaluronan synthesis by PDGF-BB, and that prevention of its binding to CD44 inhibits PDGF-BB-induced cell growth. ..
- Selbi W, de La Motte C, Hascall V, Day A, Bowen T, Phillips A. Characterization of hyaluronan cable structure and function in renal proximal tubular epithelial cells. Kidney Int. 2006;70:1287-95 pubmed..The data demonstrate the importance of IalphaI/PalphaI in cable formation and suggest that expression of HAS3 may be critical for HA cable assembly. ..
- Al Qteishat A, Gaffney J, Krupinski J, Slevin M. Hyaluronan expression following middle cerebral artery occlusion in the rat. Neuroreport. 2006;17:1111-4 pubmed..Hyaluronan synthesis and degradation in the stroke hemisphere might have an impact on neuronal survival, angiogenesis and general tissue remodelling after stroke. ..
- Kurdykowski S, Mine S, Bardey V, Danoux L, Jeanmaire C, Pauly G, et al. Ultraviolet-B irradiation induces differential regulations of hyaluronidase expression and activity in normal human keratinocytes. Photochem Photobiol. 2011;87:1105-12 pubmed publisher..These differential modulations of hyaluronidase expression and activity by UV-B could contribute to cutaneous photoaging. ..
- Nicoll S, Barak O, Csoka A, Bhatnagar R, Stern R. Hyaluronidases and CD44 undergo differential modulation during chondrogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;292:819-25 pubmed..Differential expression of the somatic hyaluronidases and CD44-mediated hyaluronan turnover play a critical role in cartilage development from mesenchymal precursors. ..