Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hyal2
Description: hyaluronoglucosaminidase 2
Alias: hyaluronidase-2, hyal-2
- Andre B, Duterme C, Van Moer K, Mertens Strijthagen J, Jadot M, Flamion B. Hyal2 is a glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored, lipid raft-associated hyaluronidase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;411:175-9 pubmed publisher..One of them, hyaluronidase-2 (Hyal2), degrades HA into smaller fragments endowed with specific biological activities such as inflammation and ..
- Berdiaki A, Nikitovic D, Tsatsakis A, Katonis P, Karamanos N, Tzanakakis G. bFGF induces changes in hyaluronan synthase and hyaluronidase isoform expression and modulates the migration capacity of fibrosarcoma cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1790:1258-65 pubmed publisher..bFGF regulates, in a cell-specific manner the migration capability of fibrosarcoma cells by modulating their HA metabolism. HA metabolism is suggested to be a potential therapeutic target in fibrosarcoma. ..
- de la Motte C, Nigro J, Vasanji A, Rho H, Kessler S, Bandyopadhyay S, et al. Platelet-derived hyaluronidase 2 cleaves hyaluronan into fragments that trigger monocyte-mediated production of proinflammatory cytokines. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:2254-64 pubmed publisher..as well as their megakaryocyte precursors, are unusual among somatic cells in that they contain only hyaluronidase 2 (HYAL2) but not HYAL1...
- Hsu L, Schultz L, Hong Q, Van Moer K, Heath J, Li M, et al. Transforming growth factor beta1 signaling via interaction with cell surface Hyal-2 and recruitment of WWOX/WOX1. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16049-59 pubmed publisher..Together, TGF-beta1 invokes a novel signaling by engaging cell surface Hyal-2 and recruiting WOX1 for regulating the activation of Smad-driven promoter, thereby controlling cell growth and death. ..
- Monzon M, Manzanares D, Schmid N, Casalino Matsuda S, Forteza R. Hyaluronidase expression and activity is regulated by pro-inflammatory cytokines in human airway epithelial cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008;39:289-95 pubmed publisher..Confocal microscopy showed that Hyals 1, 2, and 3 were localized intracellularly, while Hyal2 was also expressed at the apical pole associated with the plasma membrane, and in a soluble form on the apical ..
- Chow G, Knudson C, Knudson W. Expression and cellular localization of human hyaluronidase-2 in articular chondrocytes and cultured cell lines. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2006;14:849-58 pubmed..Thus, local turnover of HA is dependent on receptor-mediated endocytosis and delivery to low pH intracellular organelles for its complete degradation. ..
- Duh F, Dirks C, Lerman M, Miller A. Amino acid residues that are important for Hyal2 function as a receptor for jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus. Retrovirology. 2005;2:59 pubmed..and by enzootic nasal tumor virus (ENTV) depends on cell-surface expression of the virus entry receptor, hyaluronidase 2 (Hyal2)...
- Duterme C, Mertens Strijthagen J, Tammi M, Flamion B. Two novel functions of hyaluronidase-2 (Hyal2) are formation of the glycocalyx and control of CD44-ERM interactions. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33495-508 pubmed publisher..The metabolism of hyaluronan (HA), their major enzymatic substrate, is also enigmatic. To examine the function of Hyal2, a glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored hyaluronidase with intrinsically weak enzymatic activity, we have ..
- Ormiston M, Slaughter G, Deng Y, Stewart D, Courtman D. The enzymatic degradation of hyaluronan is associated with disease progression in experimental pulmonary hypertension. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2010;298:L148-57 pubmed publisher..Thus an early increase in the generation of proinflammatory HA fragments may play a role in the onset and progression of pulmonary arterial hypertension. ..
- Monzon M, Fregien N, Schmid N, Falcon N, Campos M, Casalino Matsuda S, et al. Reactive oxygen species and hyaluronidase 2 regulate airway epithelial hyaluronan fragmentation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:26126-34 pubmed publisherb>Hyaluronidase 2 (Hyal2) is a hyaluronan (HA)-degrading enzyme found intracellularly or/and anchored to the plasma membrane through glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)...
- Nicoll S, Barak O, Csoka A, Bhatnagar R, Stern R. Hyaluronidases and CD44 undergo differential modulation during chondrogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;292:819-25 pubmed..Marked increase in HYAL1 expression was observed, with only moderate increases occurring in HYAL2 and HYAL3. No expression of HYAL4 and PH-20, the sperm-associated hyaluronidase, was detected...
- Declèves A, Caron N, Voisin V, Legrand A, Bouby N, Kultti A, et al. Synthesis and fragmentation of hyaluronan in renal ischaemia. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012;27:3771-81 pubmed publisher..Both synthetic enzymes were localized around tubules and in the interstitium. Conversely, HYAL1, HYAL2 and global hyaluronidase activity were repressed during the first 24 h...
- Kurdykowski S, Mine S, Bardey V, Danoux L, Jeanmaire C, Pauly G, et al. Ultraviolet-B irradiation induces differential regulations of hyaluronidase expression and activity in normal human keratinocytes. Photochem Photobiol. 2011;87:1105-12 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression of HYAL1, HYAL2 and HYAL3 and the hyaluronidase enzymatic activity were quantified using real-time PCR and a microtiter-based ..