Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Htr7
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 7, adenylate cyclase-coupled
Alias: 5Ht7, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 7, 5-HT-7, 5-HT-X, 5-HT7, GPRFO, high affinity serotonin receptor (5HT7), serotonin receptor 7
- Wesołowska A, Nikiforuk A, Stachowicz K, Tatarczyńska E. Effect of the selective 5-HT7 receptor antagonist SB 269970 in animal models of anxiety and depression. Neuropharmacology. 2006;51:578-86 pubmed..In conclusion, the results of our studies indicate that 5-HT7 receptor antagonists may play a role in the therapy of both anxiety and depression. ..
- Yang J, Bae H, Ki H, Oh J, Kim W, Lee H, et al. Different role of spinal 5-HT(hydroxytryptamine)7 receptors and descending serotonergic modulation in inflammatory pain induced in formalin and carrageenan rat models. Br J Anaesth. 2014;113:138-47 pubmed publisher..Descending serotonergic modulation is differentially involved in inflammatory pain induced by formalin and carrageenan, with facilitatory and inhibitory effects, respectively. ..
- Brenchat A, Zamanillo D, Hamon M, Romero L, Vela J. Role of peripheral versus spinal 5-HT(7) receptors in the modulation of pain undersensitizing conditions. Eur J Pain. 2012;16:72-81 pubmed publisher..The antinociceptive effect mediated by central 5-HT(7) receptors seems to predominate over the pronociceptive effect at the periphery when a selective 5-HT(7) receptor agonist is systemically administered. ..
- Gasbarri A, Cifariello A, Pompili A, Meneses A. Effect of 5-HT(7) antagonist SB-269970 in the modulation of working and reference memory in the rat. Behav Brain Res. 2008;195:164-70 pubmed publisher..This conclusion has a major implication in the context that 5-HT receptors play an important role under amnesia states (e.g., Alzheimer's disease) or when the learning is complex. ..
- Tokarski K, Pitra P, Duszynska B, Hess G. Imipramine counteracts corticosterone-induced alterations in the effects of the activation of 5-HT(7) receptors in rat hippocampus. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;60:83-8 pubmed..Thus, imipramine treatment counteracts the corticosterone-induced increase in the reactivity of the hippocampal circuitry to the activation of the 5-HT(7) receptor. ..
- Shen Y, Monsma F, Metcalf M, Jose P, Hamblin M, Sibley D. Molecular cloning and expression of a 5-hydroxytryptamine7 serotonin receptor subtype. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:18200-4 pubmed..Based on its pharmacology and its localization to limbic and cortical regions of the brain, it is likely that this receptor may play a role in several neuropsychiatric disorders that involve serotonergic systems. ..
- Urbina M, Arroyo R, Lima L. 5-HT7 receptors and tryptophan hydroxylase in lymphocytes of rats: mitogen activation, physical restraint or treatment with reserpine. Neuroimmunomodulation. 2014;21:240-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, the differential distribution of 5-HT7 receptors indicates potential specific physiopathological roles. ..
- Hedlund P, Sutcliffe J. The 5-HT7 receptor influences stereotypic behavior in a model of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Neurosci Lett. 2007;414:247-51 pubmed
- Yelleswarapu N, Tay J, Fryer W, Shah M, Garcia A, Cheng J, et al. Elucidating the role of 5-HT(1A) and 5-HT(7) receptors on 8-OH-DPAT-induced behavioral recovery after experimental traumatic brain injury. Neurosci Lett. 2012;515:153-6 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of a specific 5-HT(7) receptor agonist will further elucidate the contribution of 5-HT(1A) and 5-HT(7) receptors on behavioral recovery conferred by acute 8-OH-DPAT treatment after TBI. ..
- Amaya Castellanos E, Pineda Farias J, Castañeda Corral G, Vidal Cantú G, Murbartián J, Rocha Gonzalez H, et al. Blockade of 5-HT7 receptors reduces tactile allodynia in the rat. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2011;99:591-7 pubmed publisher..Data suggest that selective 5-HT(7) receptor antagonists may function as analgesics in nerve injury pain states. ..
- Khalmuratova R, Hah Y, Ahn S, Jeon S, Kim J, Balaban C. Immunohistochemical and biomolecular identification of 5-HT? receptor in rat vestibular nuclei. J Vestib Res. 2010;20:401-6 pubmed publisher..The present study might provide additional insight into the role of 5-HT? receptor in the pathogenesis of migraine-related vestibular symptoms. ..
- Matott M, Kline D. Activation of 5-hyrdoxytryptamine 7 receptors within the rat nucleus tractus solitarii modulates synaptic properties. Brain Res. 2016;1635:12-26 pubmed publisher..Together these results indicate a complex role for 5-HT7 receptors in the nTS that mediate its diverse effects on cardiorespiratory parameters. ..
- García Iglesias B, Mendoza Garrido M, Gutiérrez Ospina G, Rangel Barajas C, Noyola Díaz M, Terrón J. Sensitization of restraint-induced corticosterone secretion after chronic restraint in rats: involvement of 5-HT? receptors. Neuropharmacology. 2013;71:216-27 pubmed publisher..This phenomenon may be associated with increased function and expression of 5-HT? receptors as well as 5-HT turnover in AG. ..
- Ruat M, Traiffort E, Leurs R, Tardivel Lacombe J, Diaz J, Arrang J, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization, and localization of a high-affinity serotonin receptor (5-HT7) activating cAMP formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:8547-51 pubmed..g., pyramidal hippocampus cells, tenia tecta, amygdaloid, or mammillary nuclei), suggesting that the receptor mediates serotoninergic controls in functions like mood, learning, or neuroendocrine and vegetative behaviors. ..
- Lovenberg T, Baron B, de Lecea L, Miller J, Prosser R, Rea M, et al. A novel adenylyl cyclase-activating serotonin receptor (5-HT7) implicated in the regulation of mammalian circadian rhythms. Neuron. 1993;11:449-58 pubmed..These findings suggest a physiological role in the regulation of circadian rhythms for one subtype of serotonin receptor, 5-HT7, and provide a pharmacological test to evaluate its role in other neuronal systems. ..
- Hazra R, Guo J, Dabrowska J, Rainnie D. Differential distribution of serotonin receptor subtypes in BNST(ALG) neurons: modulation by unpredictable shock stress. Neuroscience. 2012;225:9-21 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that cell type-specific disruption of 5-HT receptor expression in BNST(ALG) neurons may contribute to stress-induced anxiety disorders. ..
- Yang Z, Liu X, Yin Y, Sun S, Deng X. Involvement of 5-HT? receptors in the pathogenesis of temporal lobe epilepsy. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;685:52-8 pubmed publisher..The present results suggested that 5-HT(7) receptors participate in the pathogenesis of temporal lobe epilepsy, and a 5-HT(7) receptor antagonist may be used as a therapeutic alternative for temporal lobe epilepsy. ..
- Faure C, Mnie Filali O, Scarna H, Debonnel G, Haddjeri N. Effects of the 5-HT7 receptor antagonist SB-269970 on rat hormonal and temperature responses to the 5-HT1A/7 receptor agonist 8-OH-DPAT. Neurosci Lett. 2006;404:122-6 pubmed..5 mg/kg, s.c.)-induced increase of ACTH and corticosterone plasma levels. In conclusion, the present results unveil an additive effect of both 5-HT(1A) and 5-HT(7) receptors in core body temperature regulation. ..
- Martinez Garcia E, García Iglesias B, Terron J. Effect of central serotonin depletion on 5-HT receptor-mediated vasomotor responses in the middle meningeal artery of anaesthetized rats. Auton Autacoid Pharmacol. 2009;29:43-50 pubmed publisher..5 Results suggest that the sensitivity of craniovascular 5-HT(7) receptors mediating dilatation is unaffected by a decrease of 5-HT levels in the brain. A neuronal involvement of 5-HT in migraine seems more likely, therefore. ..
- Almeida P, Trovo M, Tokumoto A, Pereira A, Padovan C. Role of serotonin 1A receptors in the median raphe nucleus on the behavioral consequences of forced swim stress. J Psychopharmacol. 2013;27:1134-40 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that in addition to activation of 5-HT1A, 5-HT7 receptors may also be involved in the behavioural consequences of exposure to swim stress. ..
- Geurts F, De Schutter E, Timmermans J. Localization of 5-HT2A, 5-HT3, 5-HT5A and 5-HT7 receptor-like immunoreactivity in the rat cerebellum. J Chem Neuroanat. 2002;24:65-74 pubmed
- Rocha Gonzalez H, Meneses A, Carlton S, Granados Soto V. Pronociceptive role of peripheral and spinal 5-HT7 receptors in the formalin test. Pain. 2005;117:182-92 pubmed..Data suggest that 5-HT7, but not 5-HT1A, receptors play a pronociceptive role in peripheral and spinal sites in the rat formalin test. ..
- Costa L, Trovato C, Musumeci S, Catania M, Ciranna L. 5-HT(1A) and 5-HT(7) receptors differently modulate AMPA receptor-mediated hippocampal synaptic transmission. Hippocampus. 2012;22:790-801 pubmed publisher..In this respect, we underline the need for new selective agonists of 5-HT(7) receptors. ..
- Liy Salmeron G, Meneses A. Effects of 5-HT drugs in prefrontal cortex during memory formation and the ketamine amnesia-model. Hippocampus. 2008;18:965-74 pubmed publisher..Particularly, 5-HT(1A/7), 5-HT(2A) 5-HT(6), and 5-HT(7) receptors present in prefrontal cortex, represent important targets for development of drugs for the treatment of SMT-deficits. ..
- Rekik M, Lluel P, Palea S. 5-Hydroxytryptamine potentiates neurogenic contractions of rat isolated urinary bladder through both 5-HT(7) and 5-HT(2C) receptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;650:403-10 pubmed publisher..The current results demonstrate that 5-HT potentiates neurogenic contractions of rat isolated detrusor muscle through both 5-HT(7) and 5-HT(2c) receptors. ..
- Nikiforuk A, Popik P. Amisulpride promotes cognitive flexibility in rats: the role of 5-HT7 receptors. Behav Brain Res. 2013;248:136-40 pubmed publisher..These results may have therapeutic implications in frontal-like deficits associated with stress-related disorders. ..
- Vasefi M, Yang K, Li J, Kruk J, Heikkila J, Jackson M, et al. Acute 5-HT7 receptor activation increases NMDA-evoked currents and differentially alters NMDA receptor subunit phosphorylation and trafficking in hippocampal neurons. Mol Brain. 2013;6:24 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the potential for temporally differential regulation of NMDA receptors by the 5-HT7 receptor. ..
- Albayrak A, Halici Z, Cadirci E, Polat B, Karakus E, Bayir Y, et al. Inflammation and peripheral 5-HT7 receptors: the role of 5-HT7 receptors in carrageenan induced inflammation in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;715:270-9 pubmed publisher..The 5-HT7 receptor may be a promising new therapeutic target for prevention of inflammation and inflammatory disorders and may also provide a new glimpse into inflammation pathophysiology. ..
- Ballaz S, Akil H, Watson S. Analysis of 5-HT6 and 5-HT7 receptor gene expression in rats showing differences in novelty-seeking behavior. Neuroscience. 2007;147:428-38 pubmed..Taken together, these results provide new insight into the potential contribution of 5-HT to novelty-seeking behavior and associated behaviors such as substance abuse. ..
- Lenglet S, Louiset E, Delarue C, Vaudry H, Contesse V. Activation of 5-HT(7) receptor in rat glomerulosa cells is associated with an increase in adenylyl cyclase activity and calcium influx through T-type calcium channels. Endocrinology. 2002;143:1748-60 pubmed..Both the adenylyl cyclase/PKA pathway and the calcium influx are involved in 5-HT-induced aldosterone secretion. ..
- Ohta T, Ikemi Y, Murakami M, Imagawa T, Otsuguro K, Ito S. Potentiation of transient receptor potential V1 functions by the activation of metabotropic 5-HT receptors in rat primary sensory neurons. J Physiol. 2006;576:809-22 pubmed..Under inflammatory conditions, the increases of the biosynthesis of these 5-HT receptors may lead to further potentiation of TRPV1 functions, resulting in the generation of inflammatory hyperalgesia in vivo. ..
- Ita M, Cortés M, Valencia J, Eguibar J. Activation of serotonin 5-HT1-receptors decreased gripping-induced immobility episodes in taiep rats. Neurosci Lett. 2009;449:147-50 pubmed publisher..These results show that serotonergic 5-HT(1)-receptors are involved in the susceptibility of gripping-induced IEs in taiep rats. Similar results have been reported in the food-elicited cataplexy test in narcoleptic dogs...
- Witkin J, Baez M, Yu J, Barton M, Shannon H. Constitutive deletion of the serotonin-7 (5-HT(7)) receptor decreases electrical and chemical seizure thresholds. Epilepsy Res. 2007;75:39-45 pubmed..In addition, the data suggest that the lower thresholds for seizures produced by diverse mechanisms should be taken into account when interpreting other aspects of the phenotype and behavioral pharmacology of this mouse. ..
- Heidmann D, Metcalf M, Kohen R, Hamblin M. Four 5-hydroxytryptamine7 (5-HT7) receptor isoforms in human and rat produced by alternative splicing: species differences due to altered intron-exon organization. J Neurochem. 1997;68:1372-81 pubmed..These studies suggest that alternative splicing may contribute to diversity of 5-HT7 receptor action and that the human and rat repertoires of 5-HT7 splice variants are substantially different. ..
- Parga J, Rodriguez Pallares J, Munoz A, Guerra M, Labandeira Garcia J. Serotonin decreases generation of dopaminergic neurons from mesencephalic precursors via serotonin type 7 and type 4 receptors. Dev Neurobiol. 2007;67:10-22 pubmed..5-HT(4) and 5-HT(7) receptors were found in astrocytes and serotonergic cells using double immunolabeling and laser confocal microscopy, and the glial receptors appeared to play a major role. ..
- McLean S, Woolley M, Thomas D, Neill J. Role of 5-HT receptor mechanisms in sub-chronic PCP-induced reversal learning deficits in the rat. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2009;206:403-14 pubmed publisher..These studies implicate the role of 5-HT(7), 5-HT(2C), and 5-HT(1A) receptors in the improvement of cognitive dysfunction of relevance to schizophrenia. ..
- Doly S, Fischer J, Brisorgueil M, Vergé D, Conrath M. Pre- and postsynaptic localization of the 5-HT7 receptor in rat dorsal spinal cord: immunocytochemical evidence. J Comp Neurol. 2005;490:256-69 pubmed..This localization is compared with other 5-HT receptor localizations, and their physiological consequences are discussed. ..
- Russo A, Pellitteri R, Monaco S, Romeo R, Stanzani S. "In vitro" postnatal expression of 5-HT7 receptors in the rat hypothalamus: an immunohistochemical analysis. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2005;154:211-6 pubmed..This indicates that 5-HT7 receptors have a potential significance in the rat hypothalamus during early postnatal development. ..
- Speranza L, Chambery A, Di Domenico M, Crispino M, Severino V, Volpicelli F, et al. The serotonin receptor 7 promotes neurite outgrowth via ERK and Cdk5 signaling pathways. Neuropharmacology. 2013;67:155-67 pubmed publisherSerotonergic neurotransmission is mediated by at least 14 subtypes of 5-HT receptors. Among these, the CNS serotonin receptor 7 (5-HTR7) is involved in diverse physiological processes...
- Restrepo B, Martín M, San Roman L, Morán A. Peripheral 5-HT1A and 5-HT7 serotonergic receptors modulate parasympathetic neurotransmission in long-term diabetic rats. Exp Diabetes Res. 2010;2010:686734 pubmed publisher..Activation of the 5-HT(1A) receptors induces enhancement, whereas attenuation is due to 5-HT(7) receptor activation. This 5-HT dual effect occurs at pre- and postjunctional levels. ..
- Siddiqui A, Shaharyar S. Attenuating effects of prior oestradiol benzoate priming on 5-HT-mediated lordosis behavior in rats are dose-dependent. Acta Physiol Hung. 2007;94:209-21 pubmed..This offers a comparable effect on lordosis as a result of the two 5-HT agents used. ..
- Horiguchi M, Huang M, Meltzer H. The role of 5-hydroxytryptamine 7 receptors in the phencyclidine-induced novel object recognition deficit in rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011;338:605-14 pubmed publisher..These results suggest 5-HT(7) antagonism may contribute to the efficacy of some atypical APDs in the treatment of cognitive impairment in schizophrenia and may itself have some benefit in this regard. ..
- Meyerhof W, Obermüller F, Fehr S, Richter D. A novel rat serotonin receptor: primary structure, pharmacology, and expression pattern in distinct brain regions. DNA Cell Biol. 1993;12:401-9 pubmed..Using a polymerase chain reaction-derived probe, a clone, GPRFO, was isolated from a rat brain cDNA library...
- Leo D, Adriani W, Cavaliere C, Cirillo G, Marco E, Romano E, et al. Methylphenidate to adolescent rats drives enduring changes of accumbal Htr7 expression: implications for impulsive behavior and neuronal morphology. Genes Brain Behav. 2009;8:356-68 pubmed publisher..We show that these modifications include a marked increment of serotonin (5-hydroxy-tryptamine) receptor type 7 (Htr7) expression and synaptic contacts, mainly in the nucleus accumbens, and a reduction of basal behavioral impulsivity...
- Read K, Sanger G, Ramage A. Evidence for the involvement of central 5-HT7 receptors in the micturition reflex in anaesthetized female rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2003;140:53-60 pubmed..6) These data demonstrate that 5-HT7 receptors located supraspinally in the rat are involved in the control of micturition. ..
- Cadirci E, Halici Z, Bayir Y, Albayrak A, Karakus E, Polat B, et al. Peripheral 5-HT7 receptors as a new target for prevention of lung injury and mortality in septic rats. Immunobiology. 2013;218:1271-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, all these data suggest that stimulation of 5-HT7 receptors may be a new therapeutic target for prevention of impaired inflammatory response related lung injury and mortality. ..
- Pitra P, Tokarski K, Grzegorzewska M, Hess G. Effects of repetitive administration of tianeptine, zinc hydroaspartate and electroconvulsive shock on the reactivity of 5-HT(7) receptors in rat hippocampus. Pharmacol Rep. 2007;59:627-35 pubmed..Neither tianeptine nor zinc, administered for 14 days, altered the reactivity of 5-HT(7) receptors. ..
- Galici R, Boggs J, Miller K, Bonaventure P, Atack J. Effects of SB-269970, a 5-HT7 receptor antagonist, in mouse models predictive of antipsychotic-like activity. Behav Pharmacol. 2008;19:153-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that blockade of 5-HT7 receptors partially modulates glutamatergic and dopaminergic function and could be clinically useful for the treatment of positive symptoms of schizophrenia. ..