Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hspb6
Description: heat shock protein family B (small) member 6
Alias: Hsp20, p20, heat shock protein beta-6, heat shock 20 kDa-like protein p20, heat shock 20-kDa protein, heat shock protein family B (small) member B6, heat shock protein, alpha-crystallin-related, B6
- Bagneris C, Bateman O, Naylor C, Cronin N, Boelens W, Keep N, et al. Crystal structures of alpha-crystallin domain dimers of alphaB-crystallin and Hsp20. J Mol Biol. 2009;392:1242-52 pubmed publisher..Here, crystal structures of excised alpha-crystallin domain from rat Hsp20 and that from human alphaB-crystallin show that they form homodimers with a shared groove at the interface by ..
- Nefedova V, Sudnitsyna M, Strelkov S, Gusev N. Structure and properties of G84R and L99M mutants of human small heat shock protein HspB1 correlating with motor neuropathy. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2013;538:16-24 pubmed publisher..Both mutants weakly interact with HspB6 forming small heterooligomers and being unable to form large heterooligomers characteristic for the wild type ..
- Pipkin W, Johnson J, Creazzo T, Burch J, Komalavilas P, Brophy C. Localization, macromolecular associations, and function of the small heat shock-related protein HSP20 in rat heart. Circulation. 2003;107:469-76 pubmedThe small heat shock proteins HSP20, HSP25, alphaB-crystallin, and myotonic dystrophy kinase binding protein (MKBP) may regulate dynamic changes in the cytoskeleton...
- Bukach O, Seit Nebi A, Marston S, Gusev N. Some properties of human small heat shock protein Hsp20 (HspB6). Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:291-302 pubmedHuman heat shock protein of apparent molecular mass 20 kDa (Hsp20) and its mutant, S16D, mimicking phosphorylation by cyclic nucleotide-dependent protein kinases, were cloned and expressed in Escherichia coli...
- Fuchs M, Poirier D, Seguin S, Lambert H, Carra S, Charette S, et al. Identification of the key structural motifs involved in HspB8/HspB6-Bag3 interaction. Biochem J. 2009;425:245-55 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that Bag3 can bind to the molecular chaperone HspB6. The interaction between HspB6 and Bag3 requires the same regions that are involved in the HspB8-Bag3 association ..
- Zhang X, Wang X, Zhu H, Kranias E, Tang Y, Peng T, et al. Hsp20 functions as a novel cardiokine in promoting angiogenesis via activation of VEGFR2. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32765 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have indicated that Hsp20 (HspB6), a small heat shock protein, was increased in blood from cardiomyopathic hamsters...
- Shimizu M, Tanaka M, Atomi Y. Small Heat Shock Protein ?B-Crystallin Controls Shape and Adhesion of Glioma and Myoblast Cells in the Absence of Stress. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0168136 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the small HSP ?B-crystallin has important roles for cell adhesion, and thus microtubule dynamics are necessary for persistent adhesion. ..
- Vos M, Kanon B, Kampinga H. HSPB7 is a SC35 speckle resident small heat shock protein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:1343-53 pubmed publisher..The functional divergence between HSPB members seems larger than previously expected and also includes non-canonical members lacking classical chaperone-like functions. ..
- Huey K, Thresher J, Brophy C, Roy R. Inactivity-induced modulation of Hsp20 and Hsp25 content in rat hindlimb muscles. Muscle Nerve. 2004;30:95-101 pubmed..Spinal cord isolation (SI) is a model of inactivity with an intact neuromuscular connection. After 7 days of SI, Hsp20 and Hsp25 levels in the soleus, plantaris, and adductor longus muscles were lower than in control rats, whereas ..
- Chen X, Zhang H, Pavlish K, Benoit J. Effects of chronic portal hypertension on small heat-shock proteins in mesenteric arteries. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2005;288:G616-20 pubmed..Recent data have implicated two small heat-shock proteins (HSP), namely HSP20 and HSP27, in the regulation of vascular tone...