Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hsp90ab1
Description: heat shock protein 90 alpha family class B member 1
Alias: HSP90-BETA, HSP90B, HSPC2, Hspcb, heat shock protein HSP 90-beta, HSP 84, HSP84, heat shock 84 kDa, heat shock 90kDa protein 1, beta, heat shock protein 90 alpha (cytosolic), class B member 1, heat shock protein 90kDa alpha (cytosolic), class B member 1, heat shock protein 90kDa alpha family class B member 1
- Lee K, Terada K, Oyadomari S, Inomata Y, Mori M, Gotoh T. Induction of molecular chaperones in carbon tetrachloride-treated rat liver: implications in protection against liver damage. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2004;9:58-68 pubmed..These results suggest that cytosolic chaperones of Hsp70 and DnaJ families or Hsp90 (or both) are induced in CCl4-treated rat liver to protect the hepatocytes from the damage being inflicted. ..
- Soti C, Vermes A, Haystead T, Csermely P. Comparative analysis of the ATP-binding sites of Hsp90 by nucleotide affinity cleavage: a distinct nucleotide specificity of the C-terminal ATP-binding site. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:2421-8 pubmed
- Smith D, Toft D. Minireview: the intersection of steroid receptors with molecular chaperones: observations and questions. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:2229-40 pubmed publisher..Here, we point out several areas in need of investigation to encourage new ideas and participants in this burgeoning field. ..
- Vanhecke D, Bellmann R, Baum O, Graber W, Eggli P, Keller H, et al. Pseudovacuoles--immobilized by high-pressure freezing--are associated with blebbing in walker carcinosarcoma cells. J Microsc. 2008;230:253-62 pubmed publisher..We propose that pseudovacuoles might support blebbing by locally regulating the intracellular hydrostatic pressure. ..
- Shang Y, Xu X, Duan X, Guo J, Wang Y, Ren F, et al. Hsp70 and Hsp90 oppositely regulate TGF-? signaling through CHIP/Stub1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:387-92 pubmed publisher..This study provides a new insight into understanding the regulation of the TGF-? signaling by chaperones. ..
- Lee J, Chung I. Curcumin inhibits nuclear localization of telomerase by dissociating the Hsp90 co-chaperone p23 from hTERT. Cancer Lett. 2010;290:76-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, inhibition of nuclear translocation of hTERT by curcumin may provide new perspectives for regulation of telomerase activity during tumorigenic progression. ..
- Gotoh K, Nonoguchi K, Higashitsuji H, Kaneko Y, Sakurai T, Sumitomo Y, et al. Apg-2 has a chaperone-like activity similar to Hsp110 and is overexpressed in hepatocellular carcinomas. FEBS Lett. 2004;560:19-24 pubmed..Among the 17 genes identified were molecular chaperones, Hsp110, Hsp90B, and Hsp70-1...
- Forner F, Furlan S, Salvatori S. Mass spectrometry analysis of complexes formed by myotonic dystrophy protein kinase (DMPK). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1804:1334-41 pubmed publisher..We also obtained evidence of a direct interaction of DMPK with alphaB-crystallin/HSPB5 and HSP25/HSPB1. ..
- Zhou Y, Xu L, Song X, Ding L, Chen J, Wang C, et al. The potential role of heat shock proteins in acute spinal cord injury. Eur Spine J. 2014;23:1480-90 pubmed publisher..Three of the differentially expressed Heat shock proteins (HSPs) namely, Hsp90ab1, Hspa4 and Hspe1 were down-regulated...
- Suzuki S, Kulkarni A. Extracellular heat shock protein HSP90beta secreted by MG63 osteosarcoma cells inhibits activation of latent TGF-beta1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;398:525-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, extracellular HSP90beta is a negative regulator for the activation of latent TGF-beta1 modulating TGF-beta signaling in the extracellular domain. ..
- Salas E, Alonso E, Sevillano J, Herradon G, Bocos C, Morales L, et al. Morphine differentially regulates hsp90beta expression in the nucleus accumbens of Lewis and Fischer 344 rats. Brain Res Bull. 2007;73:325-9 pubmed
- Ogiso H, Kagi N, Matsumoto E, Nishimoto M, Arai R, Shirouzu M, et al. Phosphorylation analysis of 90 kDa heat shock protein within the cytosolic arylhydrocarbon receptor complex. Biochemistry. 2004;43:15510-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the phosphorylations in the charged linker region of the HSP90 molecule modulate the formation of the functional cytosolic AhR complex. ..
- Cliff M, Williams M, Brooke Smith J, Barford D, Ladbury J. Molecular recognition via coupled folding and binding in a TPR domain. J Mol Biol. 2005;346:717-32 pubmed..We hypothesise that a coupled folding-binding mechanism is common in this class of domains. ..
- Yin H, Wang H, Zong H, Chen X, Wang Y, Yun X, et al. SGT, a Hsp90beta binding partner, is accumulated in the nucleus during cell apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;343:1153-8 pubmed..By confocal analysis we found that the nuclear import of SGT was significantly increased in STS-induced apoptotic HeLa cells, which implied that the sub-cellular localization of SGT was closely associated with Hsp90beta and apoptosis. ..
- Pires E, Khole V. A block in the road to fertility: autoantibodies to heat-shock protein 90-beta in human ovarian autoimmunity. Fertil Steril. 2009;92:1395-409 pubmed publisherTo report autoantibodies to human heat-shock protein 90-beta (HSP90 beta) in sera of women with infertility. Prospective, controlled observations. Major urban infertility referral center and research institution...
- Karagöz G, Duarte A, Ippel H, Uetrecht C, Sinnige T, van Rosmalen M, et al. N-terminal domain of human Hsp90 triggers binding to the cochaperone p23. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:580-5 pubmed publisher..We anticipate that our NMR approach has significant impact on future studies of full-length Hsp90 with cofactors and substrates, but also for the development of Hsp90 inhibiting anticancer drugs. ..
- Weikl T, Abelmann K, Buchner J. An unstructured C-terminal region of the Hsp90 co-chaperone p23 is important for its chaperone function. J Mol Biol. 1999;293:685-91 pubmed..These results imply that the binding site for Hsp90 is contained in the folded domain of p23 and that for efficient interaction of p23 with non-native proteins both the folded domain and the C-terminal unstructured region are required. ..
- Sepehrnia B, Paz I, Dasgupta G, Momand J. Heat shock protein 84 forms a complex with mutant p53 protein predominantly within a cytoplasmic compartment of the cell. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:15084-90 pubmed..The protein was purified to homogeneity and identified as hsp84 by partial amino acid sequence analysis. hsp84 is a member of the hsp90 class of proteins...
- Voss A, Thomas T, Gruss P. Mice lacking HSP90beta fail to develop a placental labyrinth. Development. 2000;127:1-11 pubmed..The allantois mesoderm is thought to induce trophoblast differentiation. Our results show that Hsp90beta is a necessary component of this induction process. ..
- Lee H, Sengupta N, Villagra A, Rezai Zadeh N, Seto E. Histone deacetylase 8 safeguards the human ever-shorter telomeres 1B (hEST1B) protein from ubiquitin-mediated degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5259-69 pubmed..Importantly, HDAC8 regulation of hEST1B protein stability modulates total telomerase enzymatic activity. Our findings reveal a novel mechanism by which HDAC8 contributes to tumorigenesis by regulating telomerase activity. ..
- Gao Y, Yechikov S, Vazquez A, Chen D, Nie L. Distinct roles of molecular chaperones HSP90? and HSP90? in the biogenesis of KCNQ4 channels. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57282 pubmed publisher..KCNQ4 surface expression was restored by HSP90? in cells mimicking heterozygous conditions of the DFNA2 patients, even though it was not sufficient to rescue the function of KCNQ4 channels. ..
- Tsou Y, Lin Y, Chang H, Lin H, Shao H, Yu S, et al. Heat shock protein 90: role in enterovirus 71 entry and assembly and potential target for therapy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77133 pubmed publisher..Our data supports HSP90 plays an important role in EV71 infection. Targeting of HSP90 with clinically available drugs might provide a feasible therapeutic approach to treat EV71 infection. ..
- Lee K, Jang Y, Chung J. Heat shock protein 90 regulates I?B kinase complex and NF-?B activation in angiotensin II-induced cardiac cell hypertrophy. Exp Mol Med. 2010;42:703-11 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy requires HSP90 that regulates the stability and complex of IKK. ..
- Denis M. Two-step purification and N-terminal amino acid sequence analysis of the rat Mr 90,000 heat shock protein. Anal Biochem. 1988;173:405-11 pubmed..The N-terminal sequence of the first 25 amino acids of the purified protein showed a high degree of similarity with Mr approximately 90,000 heat shock proteins from calf, human, Drosophila, and yeast. ..
- Ishihara A, Fujino H, Nagatomo F, Takeda I, Ohira Y. Gene expression levels of heat shock proteins in the soleus and plantaris muscles of rats after hindlimb suspension or spaceflight. J Physiol Sci. 2008;58:413-7 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression levels of HSP27, HSP70, and HSP84 in the hindlimb-suspended and microgravity-exposed groups were compared with those in the controls...
- Yang J, Fuller P. Interactions of the mineralocorticoid receptor--within and without. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;350:196-205 pubmed publisher..This review will discuss the current understanding of interactions involving the MR and highlight their relevance to ligand- or tissue-specificity as well as their suitability as therapeutic targets. ..
- Luo W, Dou F, Rodina A, Chip S, Kim J, Zhao Q, et al. Roles of heat-shock protein 90 in maintaining and facilitating the neurodegenerative phenotype in tauopathies. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9511-6 pubmed..The results identify important roles played by Hsp90 in maintaining and facilitating the degenerative phenotype in these diseases and provide a common principle governing cancer and neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Kuo C, Liang C, Lai C, Liang S. Involvement of heat shock protein (Hsp)90 beta but not Hsp90 alpha in antiapoptotic effect of CpG-B oligodeoxynucleotide. J Immunol. 2007;178:6100-8 pubmed..This study thus reveals the involvement of Hsp90beta but not Hsp90alpha in CpG-B ODN-mediated antiapoptotic response and that Hsp90beta is distinct from Hsp90alpha in regulation of the cellular function of immune cells. ..
- Haase M, Geyer P, Fitze G, Baretton G. Down-regulation of heat shock protein HSP90ab1 in radiation-damaged lung cells other than mast cells. J Histochem Cytochem. 2014;62:355-68 pubmed publisher..The mRNA of the molecular chaperone HSP90AB1 (heat shock protein 90 kDa alpha, class B member 1) was down-regulated 5.5 weeks after IR...
- Cid C, Alvarez Cermeño J, Salinas M, Alcazar A. Anti-heat shock protein 90beta antibodies decrease pre-oligodendrocyte population in perinatal and adult cell cultures. Implications for remyelination in multiple sclerosis. J Neurochem. 2005;95:349-60 pubmed..These findings demonstrate, for the first time in vitro, a feasible mechanism to decrease the production of new oligodendrocytes, thus limiting the possibility of remyelination. ..
- Prescott J, Coetzee G. Molecular chaperones throughout the life cycle of the androgen receptor. Cancer Lett. 2006;231:12-9 pubmed..Regardless of whether chaperones are involved in the causation of prostate carcinogenesis, molecular chaperones provide therapeutic targets for the treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Tash J, Chakrasali R, Jakkaraj S, Hughes J, Smith S, Hornbaker K, et al. Gamendazole, an orally active indazole carboxylic acid male contraceptive agent, targets HSP90AB1 (HSP90BETA) and EEF1A1 (eEF1A), and stimulates Il1a transcription in rat Sertoli cells. Biol Reprod. 2008;78:1139-52 pubmed publisher..Both HSP90AB1 (previously known as HSP90beta [heat shock 90-kDa protein 1, beta]) and EEF1A1 (previously known as eEF1A [..
- Seguin Py S, Lucchi G, Croizier S, Chakrama F, Despouy G, Le Grand J, et al. Identification of HSP90 as a new GABARAPL1 (GEC1)-interacting protein. Biochimie. 2012;94:748-58 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, we demonstrate that HSP90 interacts and protects GABARAPL1 from its degradation by the proteasome. ..
- Eiam Ong S, Sinphitukkul K, Manotham K, Eiam Ong S. Rapid nongenomic action of aldosterone on protein expressions of Hsp90( ? and ? ) and pc-Src in rat kidney. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:346480 pubmed publisher..Aldosterone had no effect on pc-Src protein levels but modulated localization. These results indicate that aldosterone regulates upstream mediators of EGFR transactivation in vivo. ..
- Pratt W, Morishima Y, Murphy M, Harrell M. Chaperoning of glucocorticoid receptors. Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2006;:111-38 pubmed
- Bandyopadhyay U, Kaushik S, Varticovski L, Cuervo A. The chaperone-mediated autophagy receptor organizes in dynamic protein complexes at the lysosomal membrane. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:5747-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified a novel function for hsc70 in the disassembly of LAMP-2A from these complexes, whereas the presence of lysosome-associated hsp90 is essential to preserve the stability of LAMP-2A at the lysosomal membrane. ..
- Cid C, Alcazar A. Protection of oligodendrocyte precursor cells by low doses of HSP90 inhibitors in cell culture. Exp Neurol. 2010;225:29-33 pubmed publisher..They may have therapeutic potential for MS patients that have anti-HSP90 autoantibodies and provide a novel strategy for therapeutic intervention with HSP90 inhibitors. ..
- Langer T, Fasold H. Isolation and quantification of the heat shock protein 90 alpha and beta isoforms from rat liver. Protoplasma. 2001;218:54-6 pubmed..In higher eukaryotes two isoforms of Hsp90 exist, Hsp90 alpha and Hsp90 beta. Hsp90 was purified from rat liver and after sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis revealed ..
- Joo J, Dorsey F, Joshi A, Hennessy Walters K, Rose K, McCastlain K, et al. Hsp90-Cdc37 chaperone complex regulates Ulk1- and Atg13-mediated mitophagy. Mol Cell. 2011;43:572-85 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a direct pathway that integrates Ulk1- and Atg13-directed mitophagy with the stress response coordinated by Hsp90 and Cdc37. ..
- Shang L, Tomasi T. The heat shock protein 90-CDC37 chaperone complex is required for signaling by types I and II interferons. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:1876-84 pubmed..We conclude that JAK1/2 are client proteins of Hsp90 and that Hsp90 and CDC37 play a critical role in types I and II interferon pathways. ..
- Moretti A, Rios E, Soriano F, de Souza H, Abatepaulo F, Barbeiro D, et al. Acute pancreatitis: hypertonic saline increases heat shock proteins 70 and 90 and reduces neutrophil infiltration in lung injury. Pancreas. 2009;38:507-14 pubmed publisher..Our data raised the hypothesis that a sequence of HTS lung protection events increases HSP70 and HSP90, inhibiting infiltration of neutrophils and their protease actions in the lung. ..
- Rallu M, Loones M, Lallemand Y, Morimoto R, Morange M, Mezger V. Function and regulation of heat shock factor 2 during mouse embryogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:2392-7 pubmed..This result suggests that HFS2 might be involved in other regulatory developmental pathways and paves the way to new functional approaches. ..
- Nemoto T, Ohara Nemoto Y, Ota M, Takagi T, Yokoyama K. Mechanism of dimer formation of the 90-kDa heat-shock protein. Eur J Biochem. 1995;233:1-8 pubmed..HSP90 alpha exists predominantly as a homodimer, HSP90 beta mainly as a monomer...
- Shi Y, Hutchins W, Ogawa H, Chang C, Pritchard K, Zhang C, et al. Increased resistance to myocardial ischemia in the Brown Norway vs. Dahl S rat: role of nitric oxide synthase and Hsp90. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2005;38:625-35 pubmed..NO production and decreases uncoupled NOS3 activity. We conclude increased association of hsp90 with NOS3 is a major mechanism by which BN/Mcw hearts are more resistant to ischemia than SS/Mcw hearts. ..
- Ko Y, Kang Y, Kim E, Park S, Kim S. Nucleolar localization of human methionyl-tRNA synthetase and its role in ribosomal RNA synthesis. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:567-74 pubmed..Thus, human MRS plays a role in the biogenesis of rRNA in nucleoli, while it is catalytically involved in protein synthesis in cytoplasm. ..
- Giessrigl B, Krieger S, Rosner M, Huttary N, Saiko P, Alami M, et al. Hsp90 stabilizes Cdc25A and counteracts heat shock-mediated Cdc25A degradation and cell-cycle attenuation in pancreatic carcinoma cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:4615-27 pubmed publisher..by two novel synthetic inhibitors 4-tosylcyclonovobiocic acid and 7-tosylcyclonovobiocic acid and specific Hsp90AB1 (Hsp90?) shRNA...
- Didelot C, Lanneau D, Brunet M, Bouchot A, Cartier J, Jacquel A, et al. Interaction of heat-shock protein 90 beta isoform (HSP90 beta) with cellular inhibitor of apoptosis 1 (c-IAP1) is required for cell differentiation. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:859-66 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that c-IAP1 is a client protein of the stress protein HSP90 beta. In three distinct cellular models, the two proteins interact and migrate from the nucleus to the cytoplasm ..
- Hamamoto R, Toyokawa G, Nakakido M, Ueda K, Nakamura Y. SMYD2-dependent HSP90 methylation promotes cancer cell proliferation by regulating the chaperone complex formation. Cancer Lett. 2014;351:126-33 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that HSP90AB1 is methylated by the histone methyltransferase SMYD2 and that it plays a critical role in human carcinogenesis...
- Haslbeck V, Eckl J, Drazic A, Rutz D, Lorenz O, Zimmermann K, et al. The activity of protein phosphatase 5 towards native clients is modulated by the middle- and C-terminal domains of Hsp90. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17058 pubmed publisher..These are further modulated by the binding of clients to the N-terminal and middle domain of Hsp90 and their presentation to the phosphatase within the phosphatase-Hsp90 complex. ..
- Garcia Fuster M, Flagel S, Mahmood S, Watson S, Akil H. Cocaine withdrawal causes delayed dysregulation of stress genes in the hippocampus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42092 pubmed publisher..receptors (GR, MR, MR/GR mRNA ratios) and expression of other stress-related molecules (HSP90AA1 and HSP90AB1 mRNA) were measured in hippocampal subfields using in situ hybridization...
- Lomonosova Y, Kalamkarov G, Bugrova A, Shevchenko T, Kartashkina N, Lysenko E, et al. Protective effect of L-Arginine administration on proteins of unloaded m. soleus. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2011;76:571-80 pubmed publisher..Such effect can be due to the absence of increase in this group of the content of some ubiquitin ligases and decreased intensity of the p70S6 kinase synthesis marker...
- Cohen Saidon C, Carmi I, Keren A, Razin E. Antiapoptotic function of Bcl-2 in mast cells is dependent on its association with heat shock protein 90beta. Blood. 2006;107:1413-20 pubmed..These findings could have implications for a novel strategy of regulating apoptosis in patients with mastocytosis and other mast cell-associated diseases. ..
- Holt S, Aisner D, Baur J, Tesmer V, Dy M, Ouellette M, et al. Functional requirement of p23 and Hsp90 in telomerase complexes. Genes Dev. 1999;13:817-26 pubmed..To our knowledge, p23 and Hsp90 are the first telomerase-associated proteins demonstrated to contribute to telomerase activity. ..
- Yan S, Zhao N, Jiang W, Wang X, Zhang S, Zhu X, et al. Hsp90? is involved in the development of high salt-diet-induced nephropathy via interaction with various signalling proteins. Open Biol. 2016;6:150159 pubmed publisher..Hsp90? inhibition caused the destabilization of upstream mediators in various pathogenic signalling events, thereby effectively ameliorating this nephropathy owing to renal hypoxia and oxidative stress. ..
- Fukushima T, Okajima H, Yamanaka D, Ariga M, Nagata S, Ito A, et al. HSP90 interacting with IRS-2 is involved in cAMP-dependent potentiation of IGF-I signals in FRTL-5 cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;344:81-9 pubmed publisher..Taking together, we conclude that HSP90 interacting with IRS-2 mediates cAMP-dependent serine/threonine phosphorylation of IRS-2 via its chaperone activity, leading to potentiation of tyrosine phosphorylation of IRS-2 induced by IGF-I. ..
- Yang S, Oh K, Park E, Chang H, Park J, Seong M, et al. USP47 and C terminus of Hsp70-interacting protein (CHIP) antagonistically regulate katanin-p60-mediated axonal growth. J Neurosci. 2013;33:12728-38 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that USP47 plays a crucial role in the control of axonal growth during neuronal development by antagonizing CHIP-mediated katanin-p60 degradation. ..