Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hsd17b4
Description: hydroxysteroid (17-beta) dehydrogenase 4
Alias: MPF-2, peroxisomal multifunctional enzyme type 2, 17-beta-HSD 4, 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 4, D-bifunctional protein, DBP, MFE-2, multifunctional protein 2, peroxisomal multifunctional enzyme type II
- Corton J, Bocos C, Moreno E, Merritt A, Cattley R, Gustafsson J. Peroxisome proliferators alter the expression of estrogen-metabolizing enzymes. Biochimie. 1997;79:151-62 pubmed..in rat liver at different treatment times and concentrations of gemfibrozil (GEM) and di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP) were almost identical, suggesting that HSD IV mRNA induction involves the peroxisome proliferator-activated ..
- Kashiwayama Y, Tomohiro T, Narita K, Suzumura M, Glumoff T, Hiltunen J, et al. Identification of a substrate-binding site in a peroxisomal beta-oxidation enzyme by photoaffinity labeling with a novel palmitoyl derivative. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:26315-25 pubmed publisher..Mass spectrometric analysis identified the 80-kDa protein as peroxisomal multifunctional enzyme type 2 (MFE2), one of the peroxisomal beta-oxidation enzymes...
- van Grunsven E, Mooijer P, Aubourg P, Wanders R. Enoyl-CoA hydratase deficiency: identification of a new type of D-bifunctional protein deficiency. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:1509-16 pubmed
- Liang M, Lee N, Wang H, Greene A, Kwitek A, Kaldunski M, et al. Molecular networks in Dahl salt-sensitive hypertension based on transcriptome analysis of a panel of consomic rats. Physiol Genomics. 2008;34:54-64 pubmed publisher..Likewise, Acaa2, B4galt6, Colec12, Hsd17b4, and five other ESTs located on chromosome 18 exhibited expression patterns unique to SS-18(BN)...
- van Grunsven E, van Berkel E, Ijlst L, Vreken P, de Klerk J, Adamski J, et al. Peroxisomal D-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency: resolution of the enzyme defect and its molecular basis in bifunctional protein deficiency. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:2128-33 pubmed..The results show that the newly identified D-bifunctional protein plays an essential role in the peroxisomal beta-oxidation pathway that cannot be compensated for by the L-specific bifunctional protein. ..
- Adamski J, Normand T, Leenders F, Monte D, Begue A, Stehelin D, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel widely expressed human 80 kDa 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase IV. Biochem J. 1995;311 ( Pt 2):437-43 pubmed..0 kb, present in many tissues with highest concentrations in liver, heart, prostate and testes. When over-expressed in mammalian cells, the human 17 beta-HSD IV enzyme displays a specific unidirectional oxidative 17 beta-HSD activity. ..
- Corton J, Bocos C, Moreno E, Merritt A, Marsman D, Sausen P, et al. Rat 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type IV is a novel peroxisome proliferator-inducible gene. Mol Pharmacol. 1996;50:1157-66 pubmed..Increased conversion of estradiol to the less-active estrone by HSD IV induction may explain how phthalate exposure leads to decreases in serum estradiol levels and suppression of ovulation. ..
- Jiang L, Miyazawa S, Hashimoto T. Purification and properties of rat D-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydratase: D-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydratase/D-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase bifunctional protein. J Biochem. 1996;120:633-41 pubmed..Thus, it is proposed that this enzyme is D-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydratase/ D-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase bifunctional protein. ..
- Sokanovic S, Janjic M, Stojkov N, Baburski A, Bjelic M, Andric S, et al. Age related changes of cAMP and MAPK signaling in Leydig cells of Wistar rats. Exp Gerontol. 2014;58:19-29 pubmed publisher..gene expression (decreased Cyp11a1, Cyp17a1 in 12-month-old rats followed by decreased Star/StAR, Hsd3b/HSD3B, Hsd17b4, and increased Cyp19a1 later in life)...
- Lovekamp Swan T, Jetten A, Davis B. Dual activation of PPARalpha and PPARgamma by mono-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate in rat ovarian granulosa cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;201:133-41 pubmed..These data support a model in which MEHP activates both PPARalpha and PPARgamma to suppress aromatase and alter other genes related to metabolism and differentiation in the granulosa cell. ..
- Dirkx R, Meyhi E, Asselberghs S, Reddy J, Baes M, Van Veldhoven P. Beta-oxidation in hepatocyte cultures from mice with peroxisomal gene knockouts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:718-23 pubmed..More surprisingly, dicarboxylic fatty acid oxidation was impaired in MFP-1 but not in MFP-2 knockout hepatocytes, indicating that MFP-1 might play more than an obsolete role in peroxisomal beta-oxidation. ..
- Dinkel K, Rickert M, Moller G, Adamski J, Meinck H, Richter W. Stiff-man syndrome: identification of 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 4 as a novel 80-kDa antineuronal antigen. J Neuroimmunol. 2002;130:184-93 pubmed..The corresponding antigen was identified as 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 4 and may represent a possible novel target of autoimmunity in SMS. ..
- Jiang L, Miyazawa S, Souri M, Hashimoto T. Structure of D-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydratase/D-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase bifunctional protein. J Biochem. 1997;121:364-9 pubmed..The cloned cDNA was identical to the human 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase IV cDNA. ..
- Kurosawa T, Sato M, Yoshimura T, Jiang L, Hashimoto T, Tohma M. Stereospecific formation of (24R,25R)-3 alpha,7 alpha,12 alpha,24-tetrahydroxy-5 beta-cholestan-26-oic acid catalyzed with a peroxisomal bifunctional D-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydratase/D-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase. Biol Pharm Bull. 1997;20:295-7 pubmed..These results showed that D-bifunctional protein catalyzes stereospecifically the hydration and dehydration step in bile acid biosynthesis. ..
- Dieuaide Noubhani M, Novikov D, Baumgart E, Vanhooren J, Fransen M, Goethals M, et al. Further characterization of the peroxisomal 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenases from rat liver. Relationship between the different dehydrogenases and evidence that fatty acids and the C27 bile acids di- and tri-hydroxycoprostanic acids are metabolized b. Eur J Biochem. 1996;240:660-6 pubmed..L-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase and delta 3, delta 2-enoyl-CoA isomerase activity (enzyme IV) and (b) multifunctional protein 2 (MFP-2) displaying 2-enoyl-CoA hydratase and D-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase activity (enzyme III)...