Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hrh2
Description: histamine receptor H 2
Alias: H2R, histamine H2 receptor, HH2R, gastric receptor I
- Traiffort E, Ruat M, Arrang J, Leurs R, Piomelli D, Schwartz J. Expression of a cloned rat histamine H2 receptor mediating inhibition of arachidonate release and activation of cAMP accumulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:2649-53 pubmedA DNA, cloned after screening a rat genomic bank with probes derived from the sequence of a putative dog histamine H2 receptor [Gantz, I., Schäffer, M., Delvalle, J., Logsdon, C., Campbell, V., Uhler, M. & Yamada, T. (1991) Proc...
- Kurtz K, Moor A, Souza Smith F, Breslin J. Involvement of H1 and H2 receptors and soluble guanylate cyclase in histamine-induced relaxation of rat mesenteric collecting lymphatics. Microcirculation. 2014;21:593-605 pubmed publisher..NO synthesis does not appear to contribute to the histamine-induced response. However, sGC is critical for the histamine-induced decrease in tone and contributes to the drop in CF. ..
- Zhang X, Yu L, Zhuang Q, Peng S, Zhu J, Wang J. Postsynaptic mechanisms underlying the excitatory action of histamine on medial vestibular nucleus neurons in rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2013;170:156-69 pubmed publisher..These results highlight an active role of postsynaptic mechanisms in the modulation by central histaminergic systems of vestibular functions and suggest potential targets for clinical treatment of vestibular disorders. ..
- Luo T, Chen B, Zhao Z, He N, Zeng Z, Wu B, et al. Histamine H2 receptor activation exacerbates myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury by disturbing mitochondrial and endothelial function. Basic Res Cardiol. 2013;108:342 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated whether activation of the histamine H2 receptor (H2R) exacerbates myocardial I/R injury by increasing mitochondrial and endothelial permeability...
- Gianlorenço A, Serafim K, Canto de Souza A, Mattioli R. Emotional memory consolidation impairment induced by histamine is mediated by H1 but not H2 receptors. Brain Res Bull. 2012;89:197-202 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the H(2) antagonist RA, at the dose used in this study, did not affect memory consolidation and failed to revert histamine-induced impairment...
- Kim T, Yoon H, Lim C, Kim E, Kim M, Koh Y. The role of endogenous histamine on the pathogenesis of the lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced, acute lung injury: a pilot study. Inflammation. 2005;29:72-80 pubmed..In conclusion, endogenous histamine might be involved in the recruitment of neutrophils and protein leaks in LPS-induced ALI via the H2 receptors. ..
- Lozada A, Munyao N, Sallmen T, Lintunen M, Leurs R, Lindsberg P, et al. Postischemic regulation of central histamine receptors. Neuroscience. 2005;136:371-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that central histamine receptor expression and ligand binding are altered in brain ischemia in distinct areas, and may participate in neuroprotection and/or ischemia-associated neuronal damage. ..
- Kobayashi T, Tonai S, Ishihara Y, Koga R, Okabe S, Watanabe T. Abnormal functional and morphological regulation of the gastric mucosa in histamine H2 receptor-deficient mice. J Clin Invest. 2000;105:1741-9 pubmedTo clarify the physiological roles of histamine H2 receptor (H2R), we have generated histamine H2R-deficient mice by gene targeting...
- Pagotto R, Monzón C, Moreno M, Pignataro O, Mondillo C. Proliferative effect of histamine on MA-10 Leydig tumor cells mediated through HRH2 activation, transient elevation in cAMP production, and increased extracellular signal-regulated kinase phosphorylation levels. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:150 pubmed publisher..supports a role for HA as a local regulator of steroidogenesis via functional H? and H? receptor subtypes (HRH1 and HRH2, respectively) present in Leydig cells...
- Ruat M, Traiffort E, Arrang J, Leurs R, Schwartz J. Cloning and tissue expression of a rat histamine H2-receptor gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;179:1470-8 pubmed..have screened a rat genomic library using DNA probes derived from the sequence of a recently cloned canine histamine H2 receptor (Gantz et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1991, 88, 429-433)...