Genomes and Genes
histone deacetylase 2
Gene Symbol: histone deacetylase 2
Description: histone deacetylase 2
Alias: histone deacetylase 2
Products: histone deacetylase 2
- LeBoeuf M, Terrell A, Trivedi S, Sinha S, Epstein J, Olson E, et al. Hdac1 and Hdac2 act redundantly to control p63 and p53 functions in epidermal progenitor cells. Dev Cell. 2010;19:807-18 pubmed publisher..Our data identify critical requirements for HDAC1/2 in epidermal development and indicate that HDAC1/2 directly mediate repressive functions of p63 and suppress p53 activity. ..
- Sun X, Li Q, Gong Y, Ren L, Wan H, Deng W. Low-dose theophylline restores corticosteroid responsiveness in rats with smoke-induced airway inflammation. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2012;90:895-902 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that low-dose theophylline might provide protection from smoke damage and improve the anti-inflammatory effects of steroids by increasing HDAC-2 activity. ..
- Ballas N, Battaglioli E, Atouf F, Andres M, Chenoweth J, Anderson M, et al. Regulation of neuronal traits by a novel transcriptional complex. Neuron. 2001;31:353-65 pubmed..Collectively, these studies define a novel HDAC complex that is recruited by the C-terminal repressor domain of REST to actively repress genes essential to the neuronal phenotype. ..
- Tian F, An L, Wang G, Zhu J, Li Q, Zhang Y, et al. Elevated microRNA-155 promotes foam cell formation by targeting HBP1 in atherogenesis. Cardiovasc Res. 2014;103:100-10 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a new regulatory pathway of YY1/HDACs/miR-155/HBP1 in macrophage-derived foam cell formation during early atherogenesis and suggest that miR-155 is a potential therapeutic target for atherosclerosis. ..
- Wu K, Liu M, Li A, Donninger H, Rao M, Jiao X, et al. Cell fate determination factor DACH1 inhibits c-Jun-induced contact-independent growth. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:755-67 pubmed..Collectively, these studies demonstrate a novel mechanism by which DACH1 blocks c-Jun-mediated contact-independent growth through repressing the c-Jun delta domain. ..
- Ravillah D, Mohammed A, Qian L, Brewer M, Zhang Y, Biddick L, et al. Chemopreventive effects of an HDAC2-selective inhibitor on rat colon carcinogenesis and APCmin/+ mouse intestinal tumorigenesis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2014;348:59-68 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate the chemopreventive efficacy of OSU-HDAC42 against chemically induced and polyposis models of intestinal tumorigenesis. ..
- Liu R, Wang L, Chen G, Katoh H, Chen C, Liu Y, et al. FOXP3 up-regulates p21 expression by site-specific inhibition of histone deacetylase 2/histone deacetylase 4 association to the locus. Cancer Res. 2009;69:2252-9 pubmed publisher..FOXP3 specifically inhibited binding of histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2) and HDAC4 to the site and increased local histone H3 acetylation...
- Kee H, Bae E, Park S, Lee K, Suh S, Kim S, et al. HDAC inhibition suppresses cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis in DOCA-salt hypertensive rats via regulation of HDAC6/HDAC8 enzyme activity. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2013;37:229-39 pubmed publisher..Conclusion : These results suggest that a novel HDAC6- and HDAC8-selective inhibitor is needed to treat or prevent pathological cardiac hypertrophy. © 2013 S. Karger AG, Basel. ..
- Ping J, Wang J, Liu L, Yan Y, Liu F, Lei Y, et al. Prenatal caffeine ingestion induces aberrant DNA methylation and histone acetylation of steroidogenic factor 1 and inhibits fetal adrenal steroidogenesis. Toxicology. 2014;321:53-61 pubmed publisher..These effects may contribute to the inhibition of the expression of SF-1 and its associated steroidogenic enzymes and the production of corticosterone during fetal development. ..
- Mathiyalagan P, Okabe J, Chang L, Su Y, Du X, El Osta A. The primary microRNA-208b interacts with Polycomb-group protein, Ezh2, to regulate gene expression in the heart. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:790-803 pubmed publisher..These studies provide a framework for MHC expression and regulation of genes implicated in pathological remodeling of ventricular hypertrophy. ..
- Tsai S, Valkov N, Yang W, Gump J, Sullivan D, Seto E. Histone deacetylase interacts directly with DNA topoisomerase II. Nat Genet. 2000;26:349-53 pubmed..Our results indicate the existence of a functionally coupled complex between these two enzymes and offer insights into the potential mechanisms of action of both enzymes. ..
- Eom G, Nam Y, Oh J, Choe N, Min H, Yoo E, et al. Regulation of acetylation of histone deacetylase 2 by p300/CBP-associated factor/histone deacetylase 5 in the development of cardiac hypertrophy. Circ Res. 2014;114:1133-43 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest a novel mechanism by which the balance of HDAC2 acetylation is regulated by p300/CBP-associated factor and HDAC5 in the development of cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Li D, Ruan S, Chen Z, Wang C. Effect of Quanzhenyiqitang on apoptosis of alveolar macrophages and expression of histone deacetylase 2 in rats with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Exp Ther Med. 2014;7:1327-1331 pubmed..In addition, the induction of apoptosis and regulation of histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2) was studied to elucidate the underlying mechanisms of Quanzhenyiqitang treatment of COPD...
- Weichert W, Roske A, Gekeler V, Beckers T, Stephan C, Jung K, et al. Histone deacetylases 1, 2 and 3 are highly expressed in prostate cancer and HDAC2 expression is associated with shorter PSA relapse time after radical prostatectomy. Br J Cancer. 2008;98:604-10 pubmed publisher..Also, the highly significant prognostic value of HDAC2 clearly deserves further study. ..
- Ni W, Lin N, He H, Zhu J, Zhang Y. Lipopolysaccharide induces up-regulation of TGF-? through HDAC2 in a rat model of bronchopulmonary dysplasia. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e91083 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that attenuation of TGF-?-mediated effects in the lung by enhancing HDAC2 may have a therapeutic effect on treating BPD. ..
- Noh J, Bae H, Eun J, Shen Q, Park S, Kim H, et al. HDAC2 provides a critical support to malignant progression of hepatocellular carcinoma through feedback control of mTORC1 and AKT. Cancer Res. 2014;74:1728-38 pubmed publisherAberrant regulation of histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2) contributes to malignant progression in various cancers, but the underlying mechanism leading to the activation of oncogenic HDAC2 remains unknown...
- Moonat S, Sakharkar A, Zhang H, Tang L, Pandey S. Aberrant histone deacetylase2-mediated histone modifications and synaptic plasticity in the amygdala predisposes to anxiety and alcoholism. Biol Psychiatry. 2013;73:763-73 pubmed publisher..These novel data demonstrate the role of HDAC2-mediated epigenetic mechanisms in anxiety and alcoholism. ..
- Wang J, An H, Mayo M, Baldwin A, Yarbrough W. LZAP, a putative tumor suppressor, selectively inhibits NF-kappaB. Cancer Cell. 2007;12:239-51 pubmed..In aggregate, these data support a role of LZAP in NF-kappaB regulation and tumor suppression. ..
- Meng F, Han M, Zheng B, Wang C, Zhang R, Zhang X, et al. All-trans retinoic acid increases KLF4 acetylation by inducing HDAC2 phosphorylation and its dissociation from KLF4 in vascular smooth muscle cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;387:13-8 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that ATRA-induced histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2) phosphorylation at Ser424 in VSMCs and inhibited the interaction of HDAC2 with KLF4...
- Hsing C, Lin C, So E, Sun D, Chen T, Li C, et al. ?2-Adrenoceptor agonist dexmedetomidine protects septic acute kidney injury through increasing BMP-7 and inhibiting HDAC2 and HDAC5. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;303:F1443-53 pubmed publisher..However, DEX treatment reduced those changes. DEX reduces sepsis-induced AKI by decreasing TNF-? and MCP-1 and increasing BMP-7, which is associated with decreasing HDAC2 and HDAC5, as well as increasing acetyl histone H3. ..
- Basta J, Rauchman M. The nucleosome remodeling and deacetylase complex in development and disease. Transl Res. 2015;165:36-47 pubmed publisher..Recent genetic and biochemical studies have elucidated the mechanisms of NuRD action in modifying the chromatin landscape. These advances have the potential to lead to new therapeutic approaches to birth defects and cancer. ..
- Rountree M, Bachman K, Baylin S. DNMT1 binds HDAC2 and a new co-repressor, DMAP1, to form a complex at replication foci. Nat Genet. 2000;25:269-77 pubmed..Thus, DNMT1 not only maintains DNA methylation, but also may directly target, in a heritable manner, transcriptionally repressive chromatin to the genome during DNA replication. ..
- Song J, Noh J, Lee J, Eun J, Ahn Y, Kim S, et al. Increased expression of histone deacetylase 2 is found in human gastric cancer. APMIS. 2005;113:264-8 pubmed..different iso-enzymes of HDAC and sirtuins grouped as the HDAC super family, little is known as to how histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2) causes carcinogenesis in solid tumors...
- Ying H, Xu M, Tan J, Shen J, Wang H, Zhang D. Pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy response requires janus kinase 2-histone deacetylase 2 signaling. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;15:20240-53 pubmed publisher..In the current study, we tested whether histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2) was involved in the process...
- Weichert W, Denkert C, Noske A, Darb Esfahani S, Dietel M, Kalloger S, et al. Expression of class I histone deacetylases indicates poor prognosis in endometrioid subtypes of ovarian and endometrial carcinomas. Neoplasia. 2008;10:1021-7 pubmed..9-23.3). The independent prognostic information and the overall high rate of expression for class I HDACs suggest that these targets should be explored as predictive factors in ovarian and endometrial carcinomas prospectively. ..
- Huang G, He Z, Ma L. ZFP932 suppresses cellular Hedgehog response and Patched1 transcription. Vitam Horm. 2012;88:309-32 pubmed publisher..Moreover, perturbation of ZFP932 expression in C3H10T1/2 cells affected Hh-induced osteoblast differentiation. Together, these results implicate ZFP932 in Hh signaling by transcriptionally regulating Hh signal component expression. ..
- Kantor B, Makedonski K, Shemer R, Razin A. Expression and localization of components of the histone deacetylases multiprotein repressory complexes in the mouse preimplantation embryo. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:697-702 pubmed
- Zhang J, Chen X. DeltaNp73 modulates nerve growth factor-mediated neuronal differentiation through repression of TrkA. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:3868-80 pubmed..Taken together, we conclude that DeltaNp73 negatively regulates NGF-mediated neuronal differentiation by transrepressing TrkA. ..
- Fan J, Alsarraf O, Dahrouj M, Platt K, Chou C, Rice D, et al. Inhibition of HDAC2 protects the retina from ischemic injury. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:4072-80 pubmed publisher..However, the role of specific HDAC isoforms in retinal degenerative processes remains obscure. The purpose of this study was to investigate the role of HDAC2 isoform in a mouse model of ischemic retinal injury...
- Lundh M, Christensen D, Damgaard Nielsen M, Richardson S, Dahllöf M, Skovgaard T, et al. Histone deacetylases 1 and 3 but not 2 mediate cytokine-induced beta cell apoptosis in INS-1 cells and dispersed primary islets from rats and are differentially regulated in the islets of type 1 diabetic children. Diabetologia. 2012;55:2421-31 pubmed publisher
- Naruse Y, Oh hashi K, Iijima N, Naruse M, Yoshioka H, Tanaka M. Circadian and light-induced transcription of clock gene Per1 depends on histone acetylation and deacetylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6278-87 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that the rhythmic transcription and light induction of clock genes are regulated by histone acetylation and deacetylation. ..
- Kornberg M, Sen N, Hara M, Juluri K, Nguyen J, Snowman A, et al. GAPDH mediates nitrosylation of nuclear proteins. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:1094-100 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel mechanism for targeted nitrosylation of nuclear proteins and suggest that protein-protein transfer of nitric oxide groups may be a general mechanism in cellular signal transduction. ..
- Liu J, Baker R, Chow W, Sun C, Elsholtz H. Epigenetic mechanisms in the dopamine D2 receptor-dependent inhibition of the prolactin gene. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:1904-17 pubmed..Recruitment of specific HDAC/ corepressor complexes may be an important mechanism for repression of target gene transcription by Gi/o-coupled receptors. ..
- Wu M, Hernandez M, Shen S, Sabo J, Kelkar D, Wang J, et al. Differential modulation of the oligodendrocyte transcriptome by sonic hedgehog and bone morphogenetic protein 4 via opposing effects on histone acetylation. J Neurosci. 2012;32:6651-64 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological treatment or silencing of histone deacetylase 1 (Hdac1) or histone deacetylase 2 (Hdac2) in OPCs did not affect BMP4-dependent astrogliogenesis, while it prevented Shh-induced ..
- Toffolo E, Rusconi F, Paganini L, Tortorici M, Pilotto S, Heise C, et al. Phosphorylation of neuronal Lysine-Specific Demethylase 1LSD1/KDM1A impairs transcriptional repression by regulating interaction with CoREST and histone deacetylases HDAC1/2. J Neurochem. 2014;128:603-16 pubmed publisher..In neurons, Thr369b phosphorylation is required for morphogenic activity, converting neuronal LSD1-8a in a dominant-negative isoform, challenging LSD1-mediated transcriptional repression on target genes. ..
- Liu J, Xu D, Wang H, Zhang Y, Chang Y, Zhang J, et al. The subcellular distribution and function of MTA1 in cancer differentiation. Oncotarget. 2014;5:5153-64 pubmed
- Mahon P, Hirota K, Semenza G. FIH-1: a novel protein that interacts with HIF-1alpha and VHL to mediate repression of HIF-1 transcriptional activity. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2675-86 pubmed..Involvement of VHL in association with FIH-1 provides a unifying mechanism for the modulation of HIF-1alpha protein stabilization and transcriptional activation in response to changes in cellular O(2) concentration. ..
- Kim B, Rincón Castro L, Jawed S, Niles L. Clinically relevant concentrations of valproic acid modulate melatonin MT(1) receptor, HDAC and MeCP2 mRNA expression in C6 glioma cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;589:45-8 pubmed publisher..The ability of clinical concentrations of valproic acid to significantly alter melatonin MT(1) receptor expression, suggests a role for this receptor in the diverse neuropharmacological and oncostatic effects of this agent. ..
- Yan Y, Liu L, Wang J, Liu F, Li X, Qin H, et al. Prenatal nicotinic exposure suppresses fetal adrenal steroidogenesis via steroidogenic factor 1 (SF-1) deacetylation. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;277:231-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, nicotine-mediated reduction of SF-1 expression resulted in an inhibitory effect on the expression of its target genes and steroid production via histone deacetylation. ..
- Derwish R, Paterno G, Gillespie L. Differential HDAC1 and 2 Recruitment by Members of the MIER Family. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0169338 pubmed publisher..Deletion analysis revealed that HDAC recruitment occurs through the ELM2 domain. Finally, using site-directed mutagenesis, we show that, like MIER1, 228W in the ELM2 domain is a critical residue for HDAC recruitment by MIER2. ..
- Shang Y, Yoshida T, Amendt B, Martin J, Owens G. Pitx2 is functionally important in the early stages of vascular smooth muscle cell differentiation. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:461-73 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that Pitx2 functions to regulate the early stages of SMC differentiation. ..
- Backlund M, Mann J, Holla V, Shi Q, Daikoku T, Dey S, et al. Repression of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase involves histone deacetylase 2 and snail in colorectal cancer. Cancer Res. 2008;68:9331-7 pubmed publisher..These results also provide a cyclooxygenase-2-independent mechanism to explain increased PGE(2) levels that contribute to progression of CRC. ..
- Matsuda K, Mori H, Nugent B, Pfaff D, McCarthy M, Kawata M. Histone deacetylation during brain development is essential for permanent masculinization of sexual behavior. Endocrinology. 2011;152:2760-7 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that HDAC activity during the early postnatal period plays a crucial role in the masculinization of the brain via modifications of histone acetylation status. ..
- Pastor V, Host L, Zwiller J, Bernabeu R. Histone deacetylase inhibition decreases preference without affecting aversion for nicotine. J Neurochem. 2011;116:636-45 pubmed publisher..Moreover, striatal expression of HDAC2 in response to phenylbutyrate mirrored the behavioral effects of the inhibitor, suggesting that HDAC2 is involved in promoting synaptic plasticity underlying the preference for nicotine. ..
- Ma P, Schultz R. Histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2) regulates chromosome segregation and kinetochore function via H4K16 deacetylation during oocyte maturation in mouse. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003377 pubmed publisher..In addition, the results provide additional support that histone deacetylation that occurs during oocyte maturation is critical for proper chromosome segregation. ..
- Zhao L, Chen C, Hajji N, Oliver E, Cotroneo E, Wharton J, et al. Histone deacetylation inhibition in pulmonary hypertension: therapeutic potential of valproic acid and suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid. Circulation. 2012;126:455-67 pubmed publisher..The effectiveness of HDAC inhibitors, valproic acid, and suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid, in models of pulmonary arterial hypertension supports a therapeutic strategy based on HDAC inhibition in pulmonary arterial hypertension. ..
- Bie B, Wu J, Yang H, Xu J, Brown D, Naguib M. Epigenetic suppression of neuroligin 1 underlies amyloid-induced memory deficiency. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:223-31 pubmed publisher..Here we found, in rodents, that amyloid fibril-induced neuroinflammation enhanced the interaction between histone deacetylase 2 and methyl-CpG-binding protein 2, leading to suppressed histone H3 acetylation and enhanced cytosine ..
- Khabele D, Son D, Parl A, Goldberg G, Augenlicht L, Mariadason J, et al. Drug-induced inactivation or gene silencing of class I histone deacetylases suppresses ovarian cancer cell growth: implications for therapy. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:795-801 pubmed..Taken together, the present studies offer several novel findings that have direct relevance for the strategic use of inhibitors that target Class I HDACs, particularly HDAC3, in the treatment of ovarian cancer. ..
- Pang M, Ma L, Liu N, Ponnusamy M, Zhao T, Yan H, et al. Histone deacetylase 1/2 mediates proliferation of renal interstitial fibroblasts and expression of cell cycle proteins. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:2138-48 pubmed publisher..Further, STAT3 mediates the proliferative action of HDACs. ..
- Ropero S, Fraga M, Ballestar E, Hamelin R, Yamamoto H, Boix Chornet M, et al. A truncating mutation of HDAC2 in human cancers confers resistance to histone deacetylase inhibition. Nat Genet. 2006;38:566-9 pubmed..As such drugs may serve as therapeutic agents for cancer, our findings support the use of HDAC2 mutational status in future pharmacogenetic treatment of these individuals. ..
- Trivedi C, Zhu W, Wang Q, Jia C, Kee H, Li L, et al. Hopx and Hdac2 interact to modulate Gata4 acetylation and embryonic cardiac myocyte proliferation. Dev Cell. 2010;19:450-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that the chromatin-modifying enzyme histone deacetylase 2 (Hdac2) functions with a small homeodomain factor, Hopx, to mediate deacetylation of Gata4, which is ..
- Li R, Zhang H, Yu W, Chen Y, Gui B, Liang J, et al. ZIP: a novel transcription repressor, represses EGFR oncogene and suppresses breast carcinogenesis. EMBO J. 2009;28:2763-76 pubmed publisher..These findings may shed new light on the EGFR-related breast carcinogenesis and might offer a potential new target for breast cancer therapy. ..
- Lin Z, Bazzaro M, WANG M, Chan K, Peng S, Roden R. Combination of proteasome and HDAC inhibitors for uterine cervical cancer treatment. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:570-7 pubmed publisher..A combination of proteasome and HDAC inhibitors, including bortezomib and vorinostat, respectively, warrants exploration for the treatment of cervical cancer. ..
- Castelo Branco G, Lilja T, Wallenborg K, FalcÃ£o A, Marques S, Gracias A, et al. Neural stem cell differentiation is dictated by distinct actions of nuclear receptor corepressors and histone deacetylases. Stem Cell Reports. 2014;3:502-15 pubmed publisher..Distinct and nonredundant actions of NCORs and HDACs are thus critical for control of lineage progression and differentiation programs in neural progenitors. ..
- Wang X, Liu J, Zhen J, Zhang C, Wan Q, Liu G, et al. Histone deacetylase 4 selectively contributes to podocyte injury in diabetic nephropathy. Kidney Int. 2014;86:712-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, HDAC4 contributes to podocyte injury and is one of critical components of a signal transduction pathway that links renal injury to autophagy in diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Huang Y, Zhao F, Wang L, Yin H, Zhou C, Wang X. Increased expression of histone deacetylases 2 in temporal lobe epilepsy: a study of epileptic patients and rat models. Synapse. 2012;66:151-9 pubmed publisher..HDAC2 was significantly increased in both the acute (1 day) and chronic (60 days) animals compared with control group. These results suggest that HDAC2 play an important role in the pathogenesis of human TLE. ..
- Tesone Coelho C, Morel L, Bhatt J, Estevez L, Naudon L, Giros B, et al. Vulnerability to opiate intake in maternally deprived rats: implication of MeCP2 and of histone acetylation. Addict Biol. 2015;20:120-31 pubmed publisher..They suggest that sodium valproate may lessen vulnerability to opiate intake, particularly in subgroups of individuals subjected to adverse postnatal environments. ..
- Potter G, Zarach J, Sisk J, Thompson C. The thyroid hormone-regulated corepressor hairless associates with histone deacetylases in neonatal rat brain. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:2547-60 pubmed..The striking correlation of Hr expression with brain regions, cell types, and developmental stages influenced by TH, together with its function as a corepressor, suggests Hr is a key mediator of TH action in developing brain. ..
- Gruhn B, Naumann T, Gruner D, Walther M, Wittig S, Becker S, et al. The expression of histone deacetylase 4 is associated with prednisone poor-response in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leuk Res. 2013;37:1200-7 pubmed publisher..siRNA-mediated inhibition of HDAC4 sensitized a T-ALL cell line to etoposide-induced cell death. In conclusion, our data point to HDAC4 as drug target in childhood ALL, especially in prednisone poor-responders. ..
- Yasuo M, Mizuno S, Allegood J, Kraskauskas D, Bogaard H, Spiegel S, et al. Fenretinide causes emphysema, which is prevented by sphingosine 1-phoshate. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53927 pubmed publisher..Concomitant injection of S1P prevented the decrease in the expression of HIF-1?, VEGF, histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2), and nuclear factor (erythroid-derived 2)-like 2 (Nrf2) protein expression in the lungs...
- Dou C, Li N, Ding N, Liu C, Yang X, Kang F, et al. HDAC2 regulates FoxO1 during RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2016;310:C780-7 pubmed publisher..Here we show that histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2) is a key positive regulator during receptor activator of nuclear factor-?B ligand (RANKL)-induced ..
- Xuan C, Wang Q, Han X, Duan Y, Li L, Shi L, et al. RBB, a novel transcription repressor, represses the transcription of HDM2 oncogene. Oncogene. 2013;32:3711-21 pubmed publisher..Significantly, we showed that RBB suppresses cell proliferation and sensitizes cells to DNA damage-induced apoptosis. Our data indicate that RBB is a novel transcriptional repressor and an important regulator of p53 pathway. ..
- Raghunathan S, Goyal R, Patel B. Selective inhibition of HDAC2 by magnesium valproate attenuates cardiac hypertrophy. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2017;95:260-267 pubmed publisher..Selective class I HDAC inhibition is required for controlling cardiac hypertrophy. Newer HDAC inhibitors that are class I inhibitors and class II promoters can be designed to obtain "pan" or "dual" natural HDAC "regulators". ..
- Wiegman C, Li F, Clarke C, Jazrawi E, Kirkham P, Barnes P, et al. A comprehensive analysis of oxidative stress in the ozone-induced lung inflammation mouse model. Clin Sci (Lond). 2014;126:425-40 pubmed publisher..In particular, we investigated the oxidative stress-induced effects on HDAC2 (histone deacetylase 2) modification and activation of the Nrf2 (nuclear factor erythroid-related factor 2) and HIF-1? (hypoxia-..
- Li L, Leung D, Martin R, Goleva E. Inhibition of histone deacetylase 2 expression by elevated glucocorticoid receptor beta in steroid-resistant asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010;182:877-83 pubmed publisher..Glucocorticoid receptor ? controls expression of histone deacetylase 2 by inhibiting glucocorticoid response elements in its promoter...
- Bicaku E, Marchion D, Schmitt M, Munster P. Selective inhibition of histone deacetylase 2 silences progesterone receptor-mediated signaling. Cancer Res. 2008;68:1513-9 pubmed publisher..A more effective pharmacologic inhibition of HDAC2 and evaluation of HDAC2 and PR as therapeutic targets or as predictive markers in hormonal therapy may be considered when combining HDAC inhibitors and hormonal therapy. ..
- Zhang Z, Yamashita H, Toyama T, Sugiura H, Ando Y, Mita K, et al. Quantitation of HDAC1 mRNA expression in invasive carcinoma of the breast*. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005;94:11-6 pubmed..These results imply that HDAC1 mRNA expression could have potential as an endocrine response marker and may have prognostic implications for breast cancer progression. ..
- Nie Y, Wu H, Li P, Luo Y, Zhang C, Shen J, et al. Characteristic comparison of three rat models induced by cigarette smoke or combined with LPS: to establish a suitable model for study of airway mucus hypersecretion in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2012;25:349-56 pubmed publisher
- He Z, Cai J, Lim J, KROLL K, Ma L. A novel KRAB domain-containing zinc finger transcription factor ZNF431 directly represses Patched1 transcription. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:7279-89 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ZNF431 directly represses Patched1 expression and likely functions to repress the hedgehog response in cells. ..
- Kong X, Fang M, Li P, Fang F, Xu Y. HDAC2 deacetylates class II transactivator and suppresses its activity in macrophages and smooth muscle cells. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;46:292-9 pubmed publisher..Here we report that CIITA and histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2) interact in smooth muscle cells and macrophages as assayed by co-immunoprecipitations...
- Chittka A, Arevalo J, Rodriguez Guzman M, Perez P, Chao M, Sendtner M. The p75NTR-interacting protein SC1 inhibits cell cycle progression by transcriptional repression of cyclin E. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:985-96 pubmed..The zinc finger domains are also necessary to direct SC1's nuclear localization. Lastly, SC1 represses the promoter of a promitotic gene, cyclin E, suggesting a mechanism for how growth arrest is regulated by SC1. ..
- Ma P, Lin S, Bartolomei M, Schultz R. Metastasis tumor antigen 2 (MTA2) is involved in proper imprinted expression of H19 and Peg3 during mouse preimplantation development. Biol Reprod. 2010;83:1027-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results support a role for MTA2 within the NuRD complex in genomic imprinting. ..
- Cassel S, Carouge D, Gensburger C, Anglard P, Burgun C, Dietrich J, et al. Fluoxetine and cocaine induce the epigenetic factors MeCP2 and MBD1 in adult rat brain. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;70:487-92 pubmed..Our data highlight GABAergic neurons as major target cells expressing Mecp2 in response to the serotonin-elevating agents and suggest that serotonin signaling enhances gene silencing in postmitotic neurons. ..