histamine H4 receptor
Gene Symbol: histamine H4 receptor
Description: histamine receptor H4
Alias: histamine H4 receptor, H4R, HH4R
Products: histamine H4 receptor
- Smits R, Lim H, van der Meer T, Kuhne S, Bessembinder K, Zuiderveld O, et al. Ligand based design of novel histamine H? receptor antagonists; fragment optimization and analysis of binding kinetics. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012;22:461-7 pubmed publisher..Analysis of its binding kinetics at the human H(4)R showed this compound to have a very different dissociative half-life in comparison with reference antagonist JNJ7777120. ..
- Coruzzi G, Adami M, Pozzoli C, De Esch I, Smits R, Leurs R. Selective histamine H? and H? receptor agonists exert opposite effects against the gastric lesions induced by HCl in the rat stomach. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;669:121-7 pubmed publisher..Finally, the species-dependent variations in affinity and receptor selectivity observed for most ligands need to be carefully addressed in the pharmacological characterization of histamine H(3) and H(4) receptor functions in vivo. ..
- Karlstedt K, Jin C, Panula P. Expression of histamine receptor genes Hrh3 and Hrh4 in rat brain endothelial cells. Br J Pharmacol. 2013;170:58-66 pubmed publisher..Both Hrh3 and Hrh4 receptors are expressed in rat brain endothelial cells, and activation of the histamine H4 receptor activates the Erk1/2 cascade...
- Ferreira R, Santos T, Gonçalves J, Baltazar G, Ferreira L, Agasse F, et al. Histamine modulates microglia function. J Neuroinflammation. 2012;9:90 pubmed publisher..Firstly, we detected the expression of all known histamine receptor subtypes (H1R, H2R, H3R and H4R), using a murine microglial cell line and primary microglia cell cultures from rat cortex, by real-time PCR ..
- Desmadryl G, Gaboyard Niay S, Brugeaud A, Travo C, Broussy A, Saleur A, et al. Histamine H4 receptor antagonists as potent modulators of mammalian vestibular primary neuron excitability. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;167:905-16 pubmed publisher..H(4) receptor antagonists have a pronounced inhibitory effect on vestibular neuron activity. This result highlights the potential role of H(4) receptors as pharmacological targets for the treatment of vestibular disorders. ..
- Thurmond R, Desai P, Dunford P, Fung Leung W, Hofstra C, Jiang W, et al. A potent and selective histamine H4 receptor antagonist with anti-inflammatory properties. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2004;309:404-13 pubmed..Here, we describe the first selective antagonist of the histamine H4 receptor, the newest member of the histamine receptor family, and provide evidence that such antagonists have anti-..