Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hdac9
Description: histone deacetylase 9
Alias: RGD1310748, RGD1563092, histone deacetylase 9
- Urbich C, Rossig L, Kaluza D, Potente M, Boeckel J, Knau A, et al. HDAC5 is a repressor of angiogenesis and determines the angiogenic gene expression pattern of endothelial cells. Blood. 2009;113:5669-79 pubmed publisher..The derepression of angiogenic genes by HDAC5 inactivation may provide a useful therapeutic target for induction of angiogenesis. ..
- Harrison B, Huynh K, Lundgaard G, Helmke S, Perryman M, McKinsey T. Protein kinase C-related kinase targets nuclear localization signals in a subset of class IIa histone deacetylases. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:1103-10 pubmed publisher..HDAC7 and HDAC9 contain analogous sites that are phosphorylated by PRK, while HDAC4 harbors a non-phosphorylatable alanine residue ..
- Shang L, Tomasi T. The heat shock protein 90-CDC37 chaperone complex is required for signaling by types I and II interferons. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:1876-84 pubmed..We conclude that JAK1/2 are client proteins of Hsp90 and that Hsp90 and CDC37 play a critical role in types I and II interferon pathways. ..
- Wong R, Chang I, Hudak C, Hyun S, Kwan H, Sul H. A role of DNA-PK for the metabolic gene regulation in response to insulin. Cell. 2009;136:1056-72 pubmed publisher..Under fasting conditions, USF-1 is deacetylated by HDAC9, causing promoter inactivation...
- Dai Y, Xu J, Molkentin J. The DnaJ-related factor Mrj interacts with nuclear factor of activated T cells c3 and mediates transcriptional repression through class II histone deacetylase recruitment. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9936-48 pubmed..Collectively, our results define a novel response pathway whereby NFATc3 is negatively regulated by class II histone deacetylases through the DnaJ (heat shock protein-40) superfamily member Mrj. ..
- Potthoff M, Wu H, Arnold M, Shelton J, Backs J, McAnally J, et al. Histone deacetylase degradation and MEF2 activation promote the formation of slow-twitch myofibers. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:2459-67 pubmed..These findings provide what we believe are new insights into the molecular basis of skeletal muscle function and have important implications for possible therapeutic interventions into muscular diseases. ..
- Omonijo O, Wongprayoon P, Ladenheim B, McCoy M, Govitrapong P, Jayanthi S, et al. Differential effects of binge methamphetamine injections on the mRNA expression of histone deacetylases (HDACs) in the rat striatum. Neurotoxicology. 2014;45:178-84 pubmed publisher..METH also decreased expression of HDAC6, HDAC9, and HDAC10 that are class II HDACs. The expression of the class IV HDAC, HDAC11, was also suppressed by METH...
- Zhang C, McKinsey T, Olson E. Association of class II histone deacetylases with heterochromatin protein 1: potential role for histone methylation in control of muscle differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7302-12 pubmed..MEF2-interacting transcription repressor (MITR) is an amino-terminal splice variant of HDAC9 that also potently inhibits MEF2 transcriptional activity despite lacking a catalytic domain...
- Shi W, Wei X, Wang Z, Han H, Fu Y, Liu J, et al. HDAC9 exacerbates endothelial injury in cerebral ischaemia/reperfusion injury. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:1139-49 pubmed publisher..the development of ischaemic stroke and very recent genome-wide association studies have identified a variant in HDAC9 associated with large-vessel ischemic stroke, the molecular events by which HDAC9 induces cerebral injury keep ..
- Chang S, McKinsey T, Zhang C, Richardson J, Hill J, Olson E. Histone deacetylases 5 and 9 govern responsiveness of the heart to a subset of stress signals and play redundant roles in heart development. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8467-76 pubmed..We showed previously that histone deacetylase 9 (HDAC9) acts as a suppressor of cardiac hypertrophy and that mice lacking HDAC9 are sensitized to cardiac ..
- Han A, He J, Wu Y, Liu J, Chen L. Mechanism of recruitment of class II histone deacetylases by myocyte enhancer factor-2. J Mol Biol. 2005;345:91-102 pubmed..The crystal structure of a HDAC9/MEF2/DNA complex reveals that HDAC9 binds to a hydrophobic groove of the MEF2 dimer...
- Zhang C, McKinsey T, Olson E. The transcriptional corepressor MITR is a signal-responsive inhibitor of myogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:7354-9 pubmed..These results reveal a role for MITR as a signal-dependent regulator of muscle differentiation. ..
- Zhang C, McKinsey T, Lu J, Olson E. Association of COOH-terminal-binding protein (CtBP) and MEF2-interacting transcription repressor (MITR) contributes to transcriptional repression of the MEF2 transcription factor. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:35-9 pubmed..These findings reveal CtBP-dependent and -independent mechanisms for transcriptional repression by MITR and show that MITR represses MEF2 activity through recruitment of multicomponent corepressor complexes that include CtBP and HDACs. ..