Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hdac7
Description: histone deacetylase 7
Alias: Hdac7a, histone deacetylase 7, HD7, HD7a, histone deacetylase 7A
- Zhao X, Hsu K, Lim J, Bruggeman L, Kao H. Î±-Actinin 4 potentiates nuclear factor Îº-light-chain-enhancer of activated B-cell (NF-ÎºB) activity in podocytes independent of its cytoplasmic actin binding function. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:338-49 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data identify ACTN4 as a novel coactivator for NF-ÎºB transcription factors in podocytes. Importantly, this nuclear function of ACTN4 is independent of its actin binding activity in the cytoplasm. ..
- Li B, Samanta A, Song X, Iacono K, Bembas K, Tao R, et al. FOXP3 interactions with histone acetyltransferase and class II histone deacetylases are required for repression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:4571-6 pubmed..that includes histone acetyltransferase TIP60 (Tat-interactive protein, 60 kDa) and class II histone deacetylases HDAC7 and HDAC9...
- Ajamian F, Suuronen T, Salminen A, Reeben M. Upregulation of class II histone deacetylases mRNA during neural differentiation of cultured rat hippocampal progenitor cells. Neurosci Lett. 2003;346:57-60 pubmed..mRNAs for HDAC 4, 8 and 10 were not detectable by Northern analysis. We suggest that the changes in HDAC mRNA expression levels might be connected with chromatin rearrangement during neural differentiation. ..
- Yan Z, Yao Q, Zhang M, Qi Y, Guo Z, Shen B, et al. Histone deacetylases modulate vascular smooth muscle cell migration induced by cyclic mechanical strain. J Biomech. 2009;42:945-8 pubmed publisher..The cyclic strain upregulated the levels of acetylased histone H3 and HDAC7 while downregulated the level of HDAC3/4 in VSMCs...
- Chang S, Young B, Li S, Qi X, Richardson J, Olson E. Histone deacetylase 7 maintains vascular integrity by repressing matrix metalloproteinase 10. Cell. 2006;126:321-34 pubmed..We show that histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) is specifically expressed in the vascular endothelium during early embryogenesis, where it ..
- Urbich C, Rossig L, Kaluza D, Potente M, Boeckel J, Knau A, et al. HDAC5 is a repressor of angiogenesis and determines the angiogenic gene expression pattern of endothelial cells. Blood. 2009;113:5669-79 pubmed publisher..The derepression of angiogenic genes by HDAC5 inactivation may provide a useful therapeutic target for induction of angiogenesis. ..
- Aude Garcia C, Collin Faure V, Bausinger H, Hanau D, Rabilloud T, Lemercier C. Dual roles for MEF2A and MEF2D during human macrophage terminal differentiation and c-Jun expression. Biochem J. 2010;430:237-44 pubmed publisher..We show that MEF2A/D dimers strongly interact with HDAC1, and to a lesser extent with HDAC7 in macrophages, whereas low levels of MEF2A/D-HDAC1 complexes are found in undifferentiated cells or in monocytes...
- Zhao M, Liang G, Wu X, Wang S, Zhang P, Su Y, et al. Abnormal epigenetic modifications in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients with alopecia areata. Br J Dermatol. 2012;166:226-73 pubmed publisher..MLL), SET7/9 (SETD7), G9A (EHMT2), JMJD2C (KDM4C) and JARID1A (KDM5A) expression, as well as reduced HDAC2, HDAC7, LSD1 (KDM1A), JMJD2A (KDM4A) and JMJD2B (KDM4B) expression...
- Kao H, Downes M, Ordentlich P, Evans R. Isolation of a novel histone deacetylase reveals that class I and class II deacetylases promote SMRT-mediated repression. Genes Dev. 2000;14:55-66 pubmed..SMRT-interacting proteins resulted in the isolation of the recently described HDAC5 and a new family member termed HDAC7. Molecular and biochemical results indicate that this interaction is direct and in vivo evidence colocalizes SMRT, ..