Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: H3f3b
Description: H3 histone, family 3B
Alias: H3.3B, histone H3.3
- Levenson J, O Riordan K, Brown K, Trinh M, Molfese D, Sweatt J. Regulation of histone acetylation during memory formation in the hippocampus. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40545-59 pubmed..Mimicking memory-associated changes in heterochromatin enhances a cellular process thought to underlie long term memory formation, hippocampal long term potentiation, and memory formation itself. ..
- Scaturro M, Cestelli A, Castiglia D, Nastasi T, Di Liegro I. Posttranscriptional regulation of H1 zero and H3.3B histone genes in differentiating rat cortical neurons. Neurochem Res. 1995;20:969-76 pubmed..We propose one model for posttranscriptional regulation of the analyzed genes and discuss potential relationships to remodelling of chromatin. ..
- Kawabe T, Naka T, Yoshida K, Tanaka T, Fujiwara H, Suematsu S, et al. The immune responses in CD40-deficient mice: impaired immunoglobulin class switching and germinal center formation. Immunity. 1994;1:167-78 pubmed..These results suggest that CD40 is essential for T cell-dependent immunoglobulin class switching and germinal center formation, but not for in vivo T cell-dependent IgM responses and T cell-independent antibody responses. ..
- Tang M, Jacobs S, Mattiske D, Soh Y, Graham A, Tran A, et al. Contribution of the two genes encoding histone variant h3.3 to viability and fertility in mice. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004964 pubmed publisher..Females were fertile, while males were subfertile with dysmorphic spermatozoa. H3f3b mutants were growth-deficient, dying at birth...
- Jang C, Shibata Y, Starmer J, Yee D, Magnuson T. Histone H3.3 maintains genome integrity during mammalian development. Genes Dev. 2015;29:1377-92 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results reveal that an important function of H3.3 is to support chromosomal heterochromatic structures, thus maintaining genome integrity during mammalian development. ..
- Gaub P, Tedeschi A, Puttagunta R, Nguyen T, Schmandke A, Di Giovanni S. HDAC inhibition promotes neuronal outgrowth and counteracts growth cone collapse through CBP/p300 and P/CAF-dependent p53 acetylation. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:1392-408 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to the growing understanding of transcriptional regulation in neuronal outgrowth and may lay the molecular groundwork for the promotion of axonal regeneration after injury. ..
- Nagai A, Sato T, Akimoto N, Ito A, Sumida M. Isolation and identification of histone H3 protein enriched in microvesicles secreted from cultured sebocytes. Endocrinology. 2005;146:2593-601 pubmed..In addition, the 14-3-3 protein, which was detected in the microvesicles, also may help incorporate the histone H3 protein in the microvesicles because it can bind to both histone and lipid particles. ..
- Song T, Yang J, Park J, Song Y, Han J, Youn H, et al. The role of histone chaperones in osteoblastic differentiation of C2C12 myoblasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;423:726-32 pubmed publisher..3 were required for early steps of osteoblastic differentiation. Our results suggest that histone chaperones and variant histones might be differentially required for the distinct phases of differentiation pathway. ..
- Ju B, Solum D, Song E, Lee K, Rose D, Glass C, et al. Activating the PARP-1 sensor component of the groucho/ TLE1 corepressor complex mediates a CaMKinase IIdelta-dependent neurogenic gene activation pathway. Cell. 2004;119:815-29 pubmed..The identification of PARP-1 as a regulated promoter-specific exchange factor required for activation of specific neurogenic gene programs is likely to be prototypic of similar molecular mechanisms. ..
- Chen H, Sun J, Zhang Y, Davie J, Meistrich M. Ubiquitination of histone H3 in elongating spermatids of rat testes. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:13165-9 pubmed..We speculate that its ubiquitination could loosen the nucleosome structure in preparation for histone removal, be a consequence of nucleosome relaxation or disruption caused by other means, or target H3 for degradation. ..
- Cascante A, Klum S, Biswas M, Antolin Fontes B, Barnabe Heider F, Hermanson O. Gene-specific methylation control of H3K9 and H3K36 on neurotrophic BDNF versus astroglial GFAP genes by KDM4A/C regulates neural stem cell differentiation. J Mol Biol. 2014;426:3467-77 pubmed publisher..We propose that gene- and lysine-specific KDM4A/C-mediated control of histone methylation and thereby regulation of intrinsic factors and signaling factors such as BDNF provide a novel control mechanism of lineage decision. ..
- Maehara K, Harada A, Sato Y, Matsumoto M, Nakayama K, Kimura H, et al. Tissue-specific expression of histone H3 variants diversified after species separation. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2015;8:35 pubmed publisher..Their biological relevance and evolutionary aspect involving pseudogene diversification will be addressed by further functional analysis. ..