Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: H2afy
Description: H2A histone family, member Y
Alias: core histone macro-H2A.1, H2A.y, H2A/y, histone macroH2A1, mH2A1
- Podrini C, Koffas A, Chokshi S, Vinciguerra M, Lelliott C, White J, et al. MacroH2A1 isoforms are associated with epigenetic markers for activation of lipogenic genes in fat-induced steatosis. FASEB J. 2015;29:1676-87 pubmed publisher..This study underlines the importance of the replacement of noncanonical histones in the regulation of genes involved in lipid metabolism in the progression of steatosis. ..
- Ganesan S, Silver D, Greenberg R, Avni D, Drapkin R, Miron A, et al. BRCA1 supports XIST RNA concentration on the inactive X chromosome. Cell. 2002;111:393-405 pubmed..These observations suggest that loss of BRCA1 in female cells may lead to Xi perturbation and destabilization of its silenced state. ..
- Cong R, Das S, Douet J, Wong J, Buschbeck M, Mongelard F, et al. macroH2A1 histone variant represses rDNA transcription. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:181-92 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that macroH2A1 is a new factor involved in the regulation of rDNA transcription. ..
- Chadwick B, Willard H. Cell cycle-dependent localization of macroH2A in chromatin of the inactive X chromosome. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:1113-23 pubmed..Therefore, targeting of macroH2A1 to the centrosome is likely part of a degradation pathway, a mechanism common to a variety of other chromatin proteins. ..
- Ramamoorthy M, Smith S. Loss of ATRX Suppresses Resolution of Telomere Cohesion to Control Recombination in ALT Cancer Cells. Cancer Cell. 2015;28:357-69 pubmed publisher..1-tankyrase axis as a potential therapeutic target in ALT tumors. ..
- Acin Perez R, Bayona Bafaluy M, Fernandez Silva P, Moreno Loshuertos R, Pérez Martos A, Bruno C, et al. Respiratory complex III is required to maintain complex I in mammalian mitochondria. Mol Cell. 2004;13:805-15 pubmed..Conversely, complex III stability was not influenced by the absence of complex I. This structural dependence among complexes I and III was confirmed in a muscle biopsy of a patient harboring a nonsense cytochrome b mutation. ..
- Chakravarthy S, Gundimella S, Caron C, Perche P, Pehrson J, Khochbin S, et al. Structural characterization of the histone variant macroH2A. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:7616-24 pubmed..Thus, the unusual domain structure of macroH2A integrates independent functions that are instrumental in establishing a structurally and functionally unique chromatin domain. ..
- Barrero M, Sesé B, Marti M, Izpisua Belmonte J. Macro histone variants are critical for the differentiation of human pluripotent cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:16110-6 pubmed publisher..ChIP experiments showed that during differentiation macro histone variants are recruited to the regulatory regions of pluripotency and developmental genes marked with H3K27me3 contributing to the silencing of these genes. ..
- Kim W, Chakraborty G, Kim S, Shin J, Park C, Jeong M, et al. Macro histone H2A1.2 (macroH2A1) protein suppresses mitotic kinase VRK1 during interphase. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:5278-89 pubmed publisher..2 by NMR spectroscopy. Hence, our findings might provide valuable insight into the underlying molecular mechanism regarding an epigenetic regulation of histone H3 during the cell cycle. ..
- Dardenne E, Pierredon S, Driouch K, Gratadou L, Lacroix Triki M, Espinoza M, et al. Splicing switch of an epigenetic regulator by RNA helicases promotes tumor-cell invasiveness. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:1139-46 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a new regulatory pathway in which splicing factors control the expression of histone variant isoforms that in turn drive a transcription program to switch tumor cells to an invasive phenotype. ..