Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Grm4
Description: glutamate metabotropic receptor 4
Alias: metabotropic glutamate receptor 4, glutamate receptor, metabotropic 4, mGluR4
- Hirbec H, Perestenko O, Nishimune A, Meyer G, Nakanishi S, Henley J, et al. The PDZ proteins PICK1, GRIP, and syntenin bind multiple glutamate receptor subtypes. Analysis of PDZ binding motifs. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:15221-4 pubmed..These data also suggest that the structural determinants involved in PDZ interactions are more complex than originally envisaged. ..
- Dütting E, Schröder Kress N, Sticht H, Enz R. SUMO E3 ligases are expressed in the retina and regulate SUMOylation of the metabotropic glutamate receptor 8b. Biochem J. 2011;435:365-71 pubmed publisher..In summary, the results of the present study show in vivo SUMOylation of the complete mGluR8b and co-localize proteins of the SUMOylation machinery in the retina. ..
- Marino M, Williams D, O Brien J, Valenti O, McDonald T, Clements M, et al. Allosteric modulation of group III metabotropic glutamate receptor 4: a potential approach to Parkinson's disease treatment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:13668-73 pubmed..We previously identified the metabotropic glutamate receptor 4 (mGluR4) as a potential drug target and predicted that selective activation of mGluR4 could provide ..
- Lidwell K, Dillon J, Sihota A, O CONNOR V, Pilkington B. Determining calmodulin binding to metabotropic glutamate receptors with distinct protein-interaction methods. Biochem Soc Trans. 2004;32:868-70 pubmed..This illustrates that certain Ca(2+)-dependent interactions are not recapitulated in yeast. Moreover, it highlights the necessity for supporting biochemical data to substantiate interactions identified with Y2H methods. ..
- Makoff A, Lelchuk R, Oxer M, Harrington K, Emson P. Molecular characterization and localization of human metabotropic glutamate receptor type 4. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1996;37:239-48 pubmed..Five unique human sequences homologous to these rat receptor genes were isolated including mGluR4. A human cerebellum cDNA library was screened using this amplified mGluR4 sequence as a probe and yielded clones ..
- Wang H, Jiang W, Yang R, Li Y. Spinal metabotropic glutamate receptor 4 is involved in neuropathic pain. Neuroreport. 2011;22:244-8 pubmed publisher..In this study, we have shown that spinal administration of metabotropic GluRs (mGluR4)-positive allosteric modulator (VU0155041) dose dependently attenuated hyperalgesia in neuropathic pain model rats,..
- Beqollari D, Kammermeier P. The mGlu(4) receptor allosteric modulator N-phenyl-7-(hydroxyimino)cyclopropa[b]chromen-1a-carboxamide acts as a direct agonist at mGlu(6) receptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;589:49-52 pubmed publisher..Conversely, PHCCC directly activates the mGlu(6) receptor and does not enhance activity of glutamate. Therefore, PHCCC is a direct mGlu(6) receptor agonist, but lacks allosteric modulatory properties. ..
- Tanabe Y, Masu M, Ishii T, Shigemoto R, Nakanishi S. A family of metabotropic glutamate receptors. Neuron. 1992;8:169-79 pubmedThree cDNA clones, mGluR2, mGluR3, and mGluR4, were isolated from a rat brain cDNA library by cross-hybridization with the cDNA for a metabotropic glutamate receptor (mGluR1)...
- Puente N, Hermida D, Azkue J, Bilbao A, Elezgarai I, Diez J, et al. Immunoreactivity for the group III receptor subtype mGluR4a in the visual layers of the rat superior colliculus. Neuroscience. 2005;131:627-33 pubmed..These results reveal that retinal terminals are the major contributors to the mGluR4a immunoreactivity observed in the superior collicular circuitry. ..
- Zhou F, Hongmin B, Xiang Z, Enyu L. Changes of mGluR4 and the effects of its specific agonist L-AP4 in a rodent model of diffuse brain injury. J Clin Neurosci. 2003;10:684-8 pubmed..Metabotropic glutamate receptor subtype 4 (mGluR4) is regarded as one of the neuroprotective receptors in mammalian brains...
- Duan Z, Zhang X, Zhu G, Gao Y, Xue X. Activation of mGluR4 promotes proliferation of rat neural progenitor cells while mediating activation of ERK1/2 signaling pathway. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2013;59 Suppl:OL1809-17 pubmed..In this study, we investigated the expression of mGluR4 in NPCs and its possible role in the proliferation of rat embryonic NPCs in vitro, the expression of cyclin D1 and ..
- Ramos C, Chardonnet S, Marchand C, Decottignies P, Ango F, Daniel H, et al. Native presynaptic metabotropic glutamate receptor 4 (mGluR4) interacts with exocytosis proteins in rat cerebellum. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:20176-86 pubmed publisher..b>mGluR4 belongs to group III and is mainly localized presynaptically...
- Kammermeier P. Functional and pharmacological characteristics of metabotropic glutamate receptors 2/4 heterodimers. Mol Pharmacol. 2012;82:438-47 pubmed publisher..evident with the mGluR2-selective agonist (2S,2'R,3'R)-2-(2',3'-dicarboxycyclopropyl)glycine (DCG-IV) or with the mGluR4 selective agonist L-(+)-2-amino-4-phosphonobutyric acid (L-AP4); however, full activation was apparent when both ..
- Isherwood S, Robbins T, Nicholson J, Dalley J, Pekcec A. Selective and interactive effects of D2 receptor antagonism and positive allosteric mGluR4 modulation on waiting impulsivity. Neuropharmacology. 2017;123:249-260 pubmed publisherb>Metabotropic glutamate receptor 4 (mGluR4) and dopamine D2 receptors are specifically expressed within the indirect pathway neurons of the striato-pallidal-subthalamic pathway...
- Tang Z, El Far O, Betz H, Scheschonka A. Pias1 interaction and sumoylation of metabotropic glutamate receptor 8. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38153-9 pubmed..Our results are consistent with post-translational sumoylation providing a novel mechanism of group III mGluR regulation. ..
- Girardi E, Canitrot J, Antonelli M, Gonzalez N, Coirini H. Differential expression of cerebellar metabotropic glutamate receptors mGLUR2/3 and mGLUR4a after the administration of a convulsant drug and the adenosine analogue cyclopentyladenosine. Neurochem Res. 2007;32:1120-8 pubmed..A protective action and /or an apoptotic effect may not be discarded. CPA repetitive administration although increase seizure latency, cannot prevent seizure activity. ..
- Kuramoto E, Fujiyama F, Unzai T, Nakamura K, Hioki H, Furuta T, et al. Metabotropic glutamate receptor 4-immunopositive terminals of medium-sized spiny neurons selectively form synapses with cholinergic interneurons in the rat neostriatum. J Comp Neurol. 2007;500:908-22 pubmedb>Metabotropic glutamate receptor 4 (mGluR4) is localized mainly to presynaptic membranes in the brain...
- Gillard S, Tzaferis J, Tsui H, Kingston A. Expression of metabotropic glutamate receptors in rat meningeal and brain microvasculature and choroid plexus. J Comp Neurol. 2003;461:317-32 pubmed
- El Far O, Airas J, Wischmeyer E, Nehring R, Karschin A, Betz H. Interaction of the C-terminal tail region of the metabotropic glutamate receptor 7 with the protein kinase C substrate PICK1. Eur J Neurosci. 2000;12:4215-21 pubmed..These data indicate that PDZ domain-containing proteins might contribute to the presynaptic localization of group III mGluRs. ..
- Wu S, Wright R, Rockey P, Burgett S, Arnold J, Rosteck P, et al. Group III human metabotropic glutamate receptors 4, 7 and 8: molecular cloning, functional expression, and comparison of pharmacological properties in RGT cells. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1998;53:88-97 pubmed..Complementary DNAs (cDNAs) encoding the human mGluR4, human mGluR7, and human mGluR8 were isolated from human cerebellum, fetal brain or retinal cDNA libraries...
- O Hara P, Sheppard P, Thøgersen H, Venezia D, Haldeman B, McGrane V, et al. The ligand-binding domain in metabotropic glutamate receptors is related to bacterial periplasmic binding proteins. Neuron. 1993;11:41-52 pubmed..The metabotropic receptor extracellular domain is a member of a family of structural domains linked to a variety of receptor types, including ionotropic glutamate receptors. ..