Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Grip1
Description: glutamate receptor interacting protein 1
Alias: glutamate receptor-interacting protein 1, AMPA receptor-interacting protein GRIP1, GRIP-1
- Zhang J, Wang Y, Chi Z, Keuss M, Pai Y, Kang H, et al. The AAA+ ATPase Thorase regulates AMPA receptor-dependent synaptic plasticity and behavior. Cell. 2011;145:284-99 pubmed publisher..In an ATPase-dependent manner Thorase mediates the internalization of AMPAR by disassembling the AMPAR-GRIP1 complex...
- Hanley L, Henley J. Differential roles of GRIP1a and GRIP1b in AMPA receptor trafficking. Neurosci Lett. 2010;485:167-72 pubmed publisher..The PDZ proteins GRIP1 and the related ABP-L/GRIP2 bind AMPAR subunit GluA2, and have been proposed to play a role in AMPAR trafficking ..
- Hirbec H, Perestenko O, Nishimune A, Meyer G, Nakanishi S, Henley J, et al. The PDZ proteins PICK1, GRIP, and syntenin bind multiple glutamate receptor subtypes. Analysis of PDZ binding motifs. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:15221-4 pubmed..These data also suggest that the structural determinants involved in PDZ interactions are more complex than originally envisaged. ..
- Charych E, Li R, Serwanski D, Li X, Miralles C, Pinal N, et al. Identification and characterization of two novel splice forms of GRIP1 in the rat brain. J Neurochem. 2006;97:884-98 pubmedWe cloned two novel alternatively-spliced mRNA isoforms of glutamate receptor interacting protein 1 (GRIP1) which we named GRIP1d and GRIP1e 4-7...
- Charych E, Yu W, Li R, Serwanski D, Miralles C, Li X, et al. A four PDZ domain-containing splice variant form of GRIP1 is localized in GABAergic and glutamatergic synapses in the brain. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:38978-90 pubmed..corresponding to a 2779-bp cDNA encoding a novel splice form of the glutamate receptor interacting protein-1 (GRIP1)...
- Jourdi H, Kabbaj M. Acute BDNF treatment upregulates GluR1-SAP97 and GluR2-GRIP1 interactions: implications for sustained AMPA receptor expression. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57124 pubmed publisher..upregulates the interactions between AMPAr subunits (GluR1 and GluR2) with their scaffold proteins SAP97 and GRIP1, respectively, leading to prolonged increased accumulation of both categories of proteins, albeit with distinct ..
- Gainey M, Tatavarty V, Nahmani M, Lin H, Turrigiano G. Activity-dependent synaptic GRIP1 accumulation drives synaptic scaling up in response to action potential blockade. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E3590-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the AMPAR-binding protein glutamate receptor-interacting protein-1 (GRIP1) is essential for regulated synaptic AMPAR accumulation during scaling up...
- Yang C, Kim J, Li H, Stallcup M. Differential use of functional domains by coiled-coil coactivator in its synergistic coactivator function with beta-catenin or GRIP1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3389-97 pubmed..Three components of the p160 nuclear receptor coactivator complex, including CARM1, p300/CBP, and GRIP1 (one of the p160 coactivators), bind to and cooperate with beta-catenin to enhance transcriptional activation by ..
- Takamiya K, Kostourou V, Adams S, Jadeja S, Chalepakis G, Scambler P, et al. A direct functional link between the multi-PDZ domain protein GRIP1 and the Fraser syndrome protein Fras1. Nat Genet. 2004;36:172-7 pubmed..Here we describe how the loss of a cytoplasmic multi-PDZ scaffolding protein, glutamate receptor interacting protein 1 (GRIP1), leads to the formation of subepidermal hemorrhagic blisters, renal agenesis, syndactyly ..
- Charmandari E, Raji A, Kino T, Ichijo T, Tiulpakov A, Zachman K, et al. A novel point mutation in the ligand-binding domain (LBD) of the human glucocorticoid receptor (hGR) causing generalized glucocorticoid resistance: the importance of the C terminus of hGR LBD in conferring transactivational activity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:3696-705 pubmed..We conclude that the carboxyl terminus of the ligand-binding domain of hGRalpha is extremely important in conferring transactivational activity by altering multiple functions of this composite transcription factor. ..
- Gabriel R, de Souza S, Ziff E, Witkovsky P. Association of the AMPA receptor-related postsynaptic density proteins GRIP and ABP with subsets of glutamate-sensitive neurons in the rat retina. J Comp Neurol. 2002;449:129-40 pubmed..Our results show that ABP and GRIP colocalize with GluR2/3 in particular subsets of retinal neuron, as was previously established for certain neurons in the brain. ..
- Tan H, Queenan B, Huganir R. GRIP1 is required for homeostatic regulation of AMPAR trafficking. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:10026-31 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the expression of GRIP1, a multi-PDZ (postsynaptic density 95/discs large/zona occludens) domain AMPAR-binding protein, is bidirectionally ..
- Wyszynski M, Valtschanoff J, Naisbitt S, Dunah A, Kim E, Standaert D, et al. Association of AMPA receptors with a subset of glutamate receptor-interacting protein in vivo. J Neurosci. 1999;19:6528-37 pubmed..Like GRIP (which we now term GRIP1), ABP-L/GRIP2 contains a seventh PDZ domain at its C terminus...
- Li R, Serwanski D, Miralles C, Li X, Charych E, Riquelme R, et al. GRIP1 in GABAergic synapses. J Comp Neurol. 2005;488:11-27 pubmedThe glutamate receptor-interacting protein GRIP1 is present in glutamatergic synapses and interacts with the GluR2/3/4c subunits of the AMPA receptors...
- Hong C, Hsueh Y. CASK associates with glutamate receptor interacting protein and signaling molecules. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;351:771-6 pubmed..Here, three more CASK associated proteins, GRIP1, PKCepsilon, and RGS4, were initially identified by immunoprecipitation and mass analysis, and confirmed by ..
- Lim S, Sala C, Yoon J, Park S, Kuroda S, Sheng M, et al. Sharpin, a novel postsynaptic density protein that directly interacts with the shank family of proteins. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2001;17:385-97 pubmed
- Mao L, Takamiya K, Thomas G, Lin D, Huganir R. GRIP1 and 2 regulate activity-dependent AMPA receptor recycling via exocyst complex interactions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19038-43 pubmed publisher..b>GRIP1 and GRIP2 are homologous multi-PDZ domain-containing proteins that bind to the C-termini of AMPA-R GluA2 and GluA3 ..
- Feng W, Fan J, Jiang M, Shi Y, Zhang M. PDZ7 of glutamate receptor interacting protein binds to its target via a novel hydrophobic surface area. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:41140-6 pubmedb>Glutamate receptor interacting protein 1 (GRIP1) is a scaffold protein composed of seven PDZ (Postsynaptic synaptic density-95/Discs large/Zona occludens-1) domains...
- Johnson M, Okunade A. Roles that nurses in the community can play in nursing research. Int Nurs Rev. 1975;22:147-9 pubmed
- Dickinson B, Jo J, Seok H, Son G, Whitcomb D, Davies C, et al. A novel mechanism of hippocampal LTD involving muscarinic receptor-triggered interactions between AMPARs, GRIP and liprin-alpha. Mol Brain. 2009;2:18 pubmed publisher..These data indicate a novel mechanism of synaptic plasticity in which activation of M1 receptors results in AMPAR endocytosis, via a mechanism involving interactions between GluA2, GRIP and liprin-alpha. ..
- Chan C, Chen Y, Liu X, Tang X, Lee C, Mei L, et al. PIKE-mediated PI3-kinase activity is required for AMPA receptor surface expression. EMBO J. 2011;30:4274-86 pubmed publisher..we show that PIKE (phosphoinositide 3-kinase enhancer) GTPases regulate neuronal AMPAR activity by promoting GluA2/GRIP1 association...
- Marsden K, Beattie J, Friedenthal J, Carroll R. NMDA receptor activation potentiates inhibitory transmission through GABA receptor-associated protein-dependent exocytosis of GABA(A) receptors. J Neurosci. 2007;27:14326-37 pubmed..In addition, they reveal that the bidirectional trafficking of AMPA and GABA(A) receptors can be driven by a single glutamatergic stimulus, providing a potent postsynaptic mechanism for modulating neuronal excitability. ..
- Brückner K, Pablo Labrador J, Scheiffele P, Herb A, Seeburg P, Klein R. EphrinB ligands recruit GRIP family PDZ adaptor proteins into raft membrane microdomains. Neuron. 1999;22:511-24 pubmed..Our findings suggest that GRIP proteins provide a scaffold for the assembly of a multiprotein signaling complex downstream of ephrinB ligands. ..
- Kim P, Aizawa H, Kim P, Huang A, Wickramasinghe S, Kashani A, et al. Serine racemase: activation by glutamate neurotransmission via glutamate receptor interacting protein and mediation of neuronal migration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:2105-10 pubmed..Thus, in neuronal migration, glutamate stimulates Bergmann glia to form and release D-serine, which, together with glutamate, activates NMDA receptors on granule neurons, chemokinetically enhancing migration. ..
- Nakagawa T, Feliu Mojer M, Wulf P, Lois C, Sheng M, Hoogenraad C. Generation of lentiviral transgenic rats expressing glutamate receptor interacting protein 1 (GRIP1) in brain, spinal cord and testis. J Neurosci Methods. 2006;152:1-9 pubmed..We report here the generation of synapsin I promoter driven GRIP1-transgenic rats using lentiviral transgenesis...
- Steiner P, Alberi S, Kulangara K, Yersin A, Sarria J, Regulier E, et al. Interactions between NEEP21, GRIP1 and GluR2 regulate sorting and recycling of the glutamate receptor subunit GluR2. EMBO J. 2005;24:2873-84 pubmed..endosomal protein necessary for receptor recycling including AMPAR, is associated with the scaffolding protein GRIP1 and the AMPAR subunit GluR2. Moreover, the interaction between NEEP21 and GRIP1 is regulated by neuronal activity...
- Peng H, Chen G, Hsieh M, Lai C, Huang Y, Lin T. Spinal SGK1/GRASP-1/Rab4 is involved in complete Freund's adjuvant-induced inflammatory pain via regulating dorsal horn GluR1-containing AMPA receptor trafficking in rats. Pain. 2012;153:2380-92 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that spinal SGK1 phosphorylation, which subsequently triggers the GRASP-1/Rab4 cascade, plays a pivotal role in CFA-induced inflammatory pain by regulating GluR1-containing AMPAR recycling in the dorsal horn. ..
- Stegmuller J, Werner H, Nave K, Trotter J. The proteoglycan NG2 is complexed with alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) receptors by the PDZ glutamate receptor interaction protein (GRIP) in glial progenitor cells. Implications for glial-neuronal signaling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3590-8 pubmed..region of NG2 as bait in a yeast two-hybrid screen, we identified the glutamate receptor interaction protein GRIP1, a multi-PDZ domain protein, as an interacting partner...
- Thomas G, Rumbaugh G, Harrar D, Huganir R. Ribosomal S6 kinase 2 interacts with and phosphorylates PDZ domain-containing proteins and regulates AMPA receptor transmission. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:15006-11 pubmed..These results suggest that binding of RSK2 to PDZ domain proteins and phosphorylation of these proteins or their binding partners regulates excitatory synaptic transmission. ..
- Srivastava S, Osten P, Vilim F, Khatri L, Inman G, States B, et al. Novel anchorage of GluR2/3 to the postsynaptic density by the AMPA receptor-binding protein ABP. Neuron. 1998;21:581-91 pubmed..ABP and GRIP also form homo- and heteromultimers through PDZ-PDZ interactions but do not bind PSD-95. We suggest that the ABP/GRIP and PSD-95 families form distinct scaffolds that anchor, respectively, AMPA and NMDA receptors. ..
- Liang J, Li J, Han Y, Luo Y, Xue Y, Zhang Y, et al. Calpain-GRIP Signaling in Nucleus Accumbens Core Mediates the Reconsolidation of Drug Reward Memory. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8938-8951 pubmed publisher..drug-paired contextual stimuli induced the activation of calpain and decreased the expression of glutamate receptor interacting protein 1 (GRIP1) in the nucleus accumbens (NAc) core, but not shell, of male rats...