Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gria1
Description: glutamate receptor, ionotropic, AMPA 1
Alias: GluA1, gluR-A, AMPA-selective glutamate receptor 1, GluR1, gluR-1, gluR-K1, glutamate receptor 1, glutamate receptor A, glutamate receptor subunit GluR1, glutamate receptor, ionotropic, AMPA1 (alpha 1)
- Roles of the N-terminal domain on the function and quaternary structure of the ionotropic glutamate receptorShinji Matsuda
Department of Physiology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:20021-9. 2005..Here, we developed a new approach to address these issues. The LIVBP domain of the GluR1 subunit of AMPA receptors was replaced by leucine-zipper peptides designed to form stable symmetric dimers, ..
- Sustained hypertension increases the density of AMPA receptor subunit, GluR1, in baroreceptive regions of the nucleus tractus solitarii of the ratSam M Hermes
Neurological Sciences Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 505 NW 185th Avenue, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
Brain Res 1187:125-36. 2008..Within NTS, the GluR1 subunit of the AMPA receptor is found primarily in dendritic spines...
- Crystal structure of the glutamate receptor GluA1 N-terminal domainGuorui Yao
Fujian Provincial Key Laboratory of Neurodegenerative Disease and Aging Research, College of Medicine, Xiamen University, Fujian, China
Biochem J 438:255-63. 2011..We report in the present study a 2.5 Å (1 Å=0.1 nm) resolution crystal structure of the ATD of GluA1. Comparative analyses of the structure of GluA1-ATD and other subunits sheds light on our understanding of how ATD ..
- Postsynaptic receptor trafficking underlying a form of associative learningSimon Rumpel
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Science 308:83-8. 2005..Thus, the encoding of memories in the lateral amygdala is mediated by AMPA receptor trafficking, is widely distributed, and displays little redundancy...
- Extrasynaptic membrane trafficking regulated by GluR1 serine 845 phosphorylation primes AMPA receptors for long-term potentiationMichael C Oh
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, 97239, USA
J Biol Chem 281:752-8. 2006..Using a quantitative assay of net serine 845 (Ser-845) phosphorylation in the GluR1 subunit of AMPARs, we investigated the relationship between phospho-Ser-845, GluR1 surface expression, and ..
- The stress hormone corticosterone increases synaptic alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) receptors via serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase (SGK) regulation of the GDI-Rab4 complexWenhua Liu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Biol Chem 285:6101-8. 2010..It provides a potential mechanism underlying the role of corticosteroid stress hormone in up-regulating excitatory synaptic efficacy in cortical neurons...
- Two mutations preventing PDZ-protein interactions of GluR1 have opposite effects on synaptic plasticityJannic Boehm
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Learn Mem 13:562-5. 2006The regulated trafficking of GluR1 contributes significantly to synaptic plasticity, but studies addressing the function of the GluR1 C-terminal PDZ-ligand domain in this process have produced conflicting results...
- Functional proteomics identify cornichon proteins as auxiliary subunits of AMPA receptorsJochen Schwenk
Institute of Physiology II, University of Freiburg, Engesserstrasse 4, 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Science 323:1313-9. 2009..These results demonstrate that cornichons are intrinsic auxiliary subunits of native AMPARs and provide previously unknown molecular determinants for glutamatergic neurotransmission in the central nervous system...
- Activation of group I metabotropic glutamate receptors increases serine phosphorylation of GluR1 alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methylisoxazole-4-propionic acid receptors in the rat dorsal striatumSung Min Ahn
Department of Biological Sciences, Pusan National University, 30 Jangjeon dong, Kumjeong gu, Pusan 609 735, Korea
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 329:1117-26. 2009..study, we investigated the regulation of alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methylisoxazole-4-propionic acid (AMPA) receptor GluR1 subunit phosphorylation by the stimulation of group I metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluRs) in the rat dorsal ..
- Paradoxical (REM) sleep deprivation causes a large and rapidly reversible decrease in long-term potentiation, synaptic transmission, glutamate receptor protein levels, and ERK/MAPK activation in the dorsal hippocampusPascal Ravassard
UMR 5167 CNRS, Physio pathologie des reseaux neuronaux du cycle veille sommeil, Institut Feddratifdes Neurosciences de Lyon IFNL, IFR 19, Universite Lyon, Lyon, France
Sleep 32:227-40. 2009..We examined whether PS modulated the excitatory transmission and expression of glutamate receptor subtypes and phosphorylated extracellular signal-regulated kinases (p-ERK1/2)...
- Chronic intermittent hypoxia impairs heart rate responses to AMPA and NMDA and induces loss of glutamate receptor neurons in nucleus ambiguous of F344 ratsBinbin Yan
Biomolecular Science Center, Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Central Florida, 4000 Central Florida Parkway, Orlando, FL 32816, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R299-308. 2009..CIH -238 +/- 27 beats/min, P < 0.05); and 3) the number of NMDAR1, AMPA GluR1, and AMPA GluR2/3-immunoreactive cells in the NA was reduced (P < 0.05)...
- Surface mobility of postsynaptic AMPARs tunes synaptic transmissionMartin Heine
CNRS, UMR 5091, Universite Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Science 320:201-5. 2008..Physiological regulation of postsynaptic receptor mobility affects the fidelity of synaptic transmission by shaping the frequency dependence of synaptic responses...
- Role of alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionate (AMPA) receptor subunit GluR1 in spinal dorsal horn in inflammatory nociception and neuropathic nociception in ratYue Lu
Neuroscience Research Institute, Peking University, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, China
Brain Res 1200:19-26. 2008The present study aims to investigate changes of spinal cord AMPA receptor GluR1 and its phosphorylation in inflammatory and neuropathic pain...
- Characterization of alternatively spliced isoforms of AMPA receptor subunits encoding truncated receptorsAndré R Gomes
Centre for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Department of Zoology, University of Coimbra, Largo Marques de Pombal, 3004 517 Coimbra, Portugal
Mol Cell Neurosci 37:323-34. 2008..AMPA receptors form heterotetramers of four homologous subunits (GluR1-4), which exist in two functionally different isoforms, flip and flop, generated by alternative splicing...
- Reversal of cocaine-induced behavioral sensitization and associated phosphorylation of the NR2B and GluR1 subunits of the NMDA and AMPA receptorsXiuwu Zhang
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:377-87. 2007..were associated with parallel alterations in expression levels and/or phosphorylation changes in the NR2B and GluR1 subunits of the respective NMDA and AMPA receptors...
- Nobiletin, a citrus flavonoid with neurotrophic action, augments protein kinase A-mediated phosphorylation of the AMPA receptor subunit, GluR1, and the postsynaptic receptor response to glutamate in murine hippocampusKentaro Matsuzaki
Department of Pharmaceutical Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, 6 3 Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 578:194-200. 2008..combined methods of biochemistry and electrophysiology, we examined the effects of nobiletin on phosphorylation of GluR1 receptor, the subunit of alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-D-aspartate (AMPA) receptors, and the receptor-mediated ..
- Spontaneously hypertensive rats are highly vulnerable to AMPA-induced brain lesionsClotilde Lecrux
University of Caen, CNRS UMR 6185, Cyceron, Caen, France
Stroke 38:3007-15. 2007....
- Differential regulation of AMPA receptor trafficking by neurabin-targeted synaptic protein phosphatase-1 in synaptic transmission and long-term depression in hippocampusXiao Dong Hu
Neuroscience Center of Excellence, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Neurosci 27:4674-86. 2007..Instead, NrbI-targeted PP1 facilitates LTD by dephosphorylating GluR1 at both serine 845 and serine 831, with GluR2 serine 880 phosphorylation unaltered...
- Activity level-dependent synapse-specific AMPA receptor trafficking regulates transmission kineticsJ Julius Zhu
Departments of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Neurosci 29:6320-35. 2009..Moreover, GluR1-containing AMPA-Rs traffic selectively into intracortical synapses, and this process requires sensory experience-..
- Neuronal proteins involved in synaptic targeting of AMPA receptors in rat hippocampus by antidepressant drugsRebeca Martinez-Turrillas
Division of Neurosciences, CIMA, School of Medicine, University of Navarra, Av Pio XII, 55, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 353:750-5. 2007..Both antidepressants increased the interaction of GluR1 subunit with stargazin and of GluR2/3 with NSF...
- The Rho-linked mental retardation protein oligophrenin-1 controls synapse maturation and plasticity by stabilizing AMPA receptorsNael Nadif Kasri
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Genes Dev 23:1289-302. 2009..Thus, our findings link genetic deficits in OPHN1 to glutamatergic dysfunction and suggest that defects in early circuitry development are an important contributory factor to this form of MR...
- Regulation of AMPA receptor extrasynaptic insertion by 4.1N, phosphorylation and palmitoylationDa Ting Lin
Department of Neuroscience and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nat Neurosci 12:879-87. 2009..By directly visualizing individual insertion events of the AMPAR subunit GluR1 in rodents, we found that the protein 4.1N was required for activity-dependent GluR1 insertion...
- Casein kinase 1 enables nucleus accumbens amphetamine-induced locomotion by regulating AMPA receptor phosphorylationDongdong Li
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Neurochem 118:237-47. 2011..Consistent with these findings, preventing GluR1 phosphorylation with the alanine mutant GluR1(S845A) reduces glutamate-evoked currents in cultured medium spiny ..
- Acute stress induces contrasting changes in AMPA receptor subunit phosphorylation within the prefrontal cortex, amygdala and hippocampusDorian Caudal
INSERM U894, Physiopathologie des Maladies Psychiatriques, Centre de psychiatrie et Neurosciences, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e15282. 2010..After stress, the phosphorylation of Ser831-GluA1 was markedly decreased in the mPFC and DH, whereas the phosphorylation of Ser845-GluA1 was increased in the ..
- Increased synaptic GluR1 subunits in the anterior cingulate cortex of rats with peripheral inflammationBihua Bie
Department of General Anesthesiology, Institute of Anesthesiology, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 653:26-31. 2011..Furthermore, an increased distribution of the synaptic GluR1 subunit was observed in the ACC neurons...
- Differential roles of phosphorylated AMPA receptor GluR1 subunits at Serine-831 and Serine-845 sites in spinal cord dorsal horn in a rat model of post-operative painYun Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, Beijing Chaoyang Hospital, Capital Medical University, no 8, Gongtinan Road, Chaoyang District, 100020 Beijing, China
Neurochem Res 36:170-6. 2011..that the enhanced levels of phosphorylated α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionate (AMPA) receptor GluR1 subunits at Serine-831 (pGluR1-Ser-831) and Serine-845 (pGluR1-Ser-845) in the spinal cord dorsal horn are ..
- Regulation of AMPA receptor trafficking and function by glycogen synthase kinase 3Jing Wei
Key Laboratory of Developmental Genes and Human Disease, Ministry of Education, Institute of Life Science, Southeast University, Nanjing 210009, Jiangsu Province, China
J Biol Chem 285:26369-76. 2010..Treatment with GSK-3 inhibitors also decreased surface and synaptic GluR1 clusters on dendrites and increased internalized GluR1 in cortical cultures...
- Regulation of nucleus accumbens activity by the hypothalamic neuropeptide melanin-concentrating hormoneRobert M Sears
Department of Psychiatry, Ribicoff Research Facilities, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06508, USA
J Neurosci 30:8263-73. 2010..A reduction of phosphorylation of GluR1 at serine 845 (pSer(845)) is shown to occur after both pharmacological and genetic manipulations of MCHR1 activity...
- [Effect of behavioral training on learning and memory capacity and changes of hippocampal NR2B and GluR1 expressions in FGR offspring rats]Pu Huang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, First Affiliated Hospital, Xi an Jiaotong University Coolege of Medicine, Xi an 710061, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 30:708-11. 2010To study the effect of behavioral training on the learning and memory abilities and changes of NR2B and GluR1 expressions in the hippocampus of offspring rats with fetal growth retardation (FGR).
- Cortical neurons from intrauterine growth retardation rats exhibit lower response to neurotrophin BDNFMidori Ninomiya
Laboratory of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Advanced Science and Engineering, Waseda University, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Neurosci Lett 476:104-9. 2010..Expression of glutamate receptors such as GluA1 and GluN2A was also suppressed in IUGR-rat cultures...
- Regulation of synaptic structure and function by palmitoylated AMPA receptor binding proteinCharu Misra
Department of Biochemistry, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 43:341-52. 2010..viral expression of pABP-L increased AMPAR mediated mEPSC amplitude and frequency and elevated surface levels of GluR1 and GluR2, suggesting an increase in AMPA receptors at individual synapses...
- Immunohistochemistry of GluR1 subunits of AMPA receptors of rat cerebellar nerve cellsOrlando J Castejon
Institute of Biological Investigations, Faculty of Medicine, University of Zulia, PO Box 526, Maracaibo, Venezuela
Biocell 33:71-80. 2009The localization of GluR1 subunits of ionotropic glutamate receptors in the glial cells and inhibitory neurons of cerebellar cortex and their association with the climbing and parallel fibers, and basket cell axons were studied...
- Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II binds to and phosphorylates a specific SAP97 splice variant to disrupt association with AKAP79/150 and modulate alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid-type glutamate receptor (AMPAR) activityYelyzaveta A Nikandrova
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 285:923-34. 2010Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII) promotes trafficking and activation of the GluR1 subunit of alpha-amino- 3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid-type glutamate receptors (AMPARs) during synaptic plasticity...
- C-terminal domains of transmembrane alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionate (AMPA) receptor regulatory proteins not only facilitate trafficking but are major modulators of AMPA receptor functionCharlotte Sager
Department of Biochemistry I Receptor Biochemistry, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
J Biol Chem 284:32413-24. 2009..We analyzed the impact of the resulting chimeras on GluR1 functional properties in Xenopus oocytes and HEK293 cells...
- Fast, quantitative in situ hybridization of rare mRNAs using 14C-standards and phosphorus imagingChristian M Cremer
Institute for Neuroscience and Medicine INM 2, Research Center Julich, Julich, Germany
J Neurosci Methods 185:56-61. 2009..We used this approach as an example for applications to quantify the expression of GluR1 and GluR2 subunit mRNAs of the alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) receptor in the ..
- Physical exercise improves learning by modulating hippocampal mossy fiber sprouting and related gene expression in a developmental rat model of penicillin-induced recurrent epilepticusHong Ni
Neurology Laboratory, Soochow University Affiliated Children s Hospital, Laboratory of Aging and Nervous Diseases, Soochow University, Suzhou 215003, PR China
Toxicol Lett 191:26-32. 2009..Both EXP1 and EXP2 rats had a higher amount of glutamate receptor 1 (GluR1) and lower amount of the ratio of GluR2/GluR1 in hippocampus when compared with CONT rats...
- Long-term exposure to endogenous levels of tributyltin decreases GluR2 expression and increases neuronal vulnerability to glutamateYusuke Nakatsu
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3, Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8553, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 240:292-8. 2009..Long-term exposure to 20 nM TBT decreased the mRNA expression of glutamate receptors NR1, NR2A, GluR1 and GluR2, and increased that of NR2B, GluR3 and GluR4...
- Mechanism of AMPA receptor activation by partial agonists: disulfide trapping of closed lobe conformationsAhmed H Ahmed
Department of Molecular Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 286:35257-66. 2011..The results are consistent the hypothesis that the efficacy is determined at least in part by the stability of the state in which the lobes are fully closed...
- Inhibition of metabotropic glutamate receptor signaling by the huntingtin-binding protein optineurinPieter H Anborgh
Cell Biology Research Group, Robarts Research Institute and Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5K8, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:34840-8. 2005..Taken together, these studies identify a novel mechanism for mGluR desensitization and an additional biochemical link between altered glutamate receptor signaling and Huntington disease...
- Experience strengthening transmission by driving AMPA receptors into synapsesTakuya Takahashi
Jones Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Science 299:1585-8. 2003..In vivo gene delivery was combined with in vitro recordings to show that experience drives recombinant GluR1, an AMPA-R subunit, into synapses formed between layer 4 and layer 2/3 neurons...
- A phylogenetic analysis reveals an unusual sequence conservation within introns involved in RNA editingP J Aruscavage
Department of Biochemistry Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
RNA 6:257-69. 2000..The approximately 600-nt intron 13 of gluR-C was particularly remarkable, showing >94% nucleotide identity between human and chicken, organisms estimated to have diverged 310 million years ago...
- Dynamic interaction of stargazin-like TARPs with cycling AMPA receptors at synapsesSusumu Tomita
Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2140, USA
Science 303:1508-11. 2004..This did not require ion flux or intracellular second messengers. This allosteric mechanism for AMPA receptor dissociation from TARPs may participate in glutamate-mediated internalization of receptors in synaptic plasticity...
- Ischemia-induced alterations of AMPA-type glutamate receptor subunit. Expression patterns in the rat retina--an immunocytochemical studyFrederike Dijk
Glaucoma Research Group, Netherlands Ophthalmic Research Institute KNAW, Graduate School for the Neurosciences Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 47, 1105 BA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Brain Res 997:207-21. 2004..ischemia/reperfusion leads to alterations in the expression of AMPA-type glutamate receptor (AMPAR) subunits GluR1-4...
- Characterization of the intracellular transport of GluR1 and GluR2 alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionic acid receptor subunits in hippocampal neuronsPavel V Perestenko
Medical Research Council Centre for Synaptic Plasticity, Department of Anatomy, University of Bristol, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:43525-32. 2003..Here, using virally expressed green fluorescent protein (GFP)-GluR1 and GFP-GluR2 and confocal photobleach techniques we show near real-time movement of these subunits in living ..
- Differential phosphorylation at serine sites in glutamate receptor-1 within neonatal rat hippocampusAi Jun Li
Age Dimension Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, 1 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Neurosci Lett 341:41-4. 2003..of alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole proprionic acid (AMPA)-receptor glutamate receptor-1 (GluR1) and related protein kinases in rat hippocampus on postnatal days (PND) 1-28...
- Subunit-specific rules governing AMPA receptor trafficking to synapses in hippocampal pyramidal neuronsS Shi
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Cell 105:331-43. 2001..In hippocampus, most AMPA-Rs are hetero-oligomers composed of GluR1/GluR2 or GluR2/GluR3 subunits. Here we show that these AMPA-R forms display different synaptic delivery mechanisms...
- The aniracetam metabolite 2-pyrrolidinone induces a long-term enhancement in AMPA receptor responses via a CaMKII pathwayTomoyuki Nishizaki
Department of Physiology, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, 663 8501, Nishinomiya, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 98:130-4. 2002..on the alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) receptors, heteromerically formed of GluR1,2 (GluR1 and GluR2), GluR1,3 (GluR1 and GluR3), and GluR1,2,3 (GluR1, GluR2, and GluR3), expressed in Xenopus ..
- The structure and function of glutamate receptor ion channelsDean R Madden
Ion Channel Structure Research Group, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Jahnstrasse 29, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Rev Neurosci 3:91-101. 2002....
- Alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors occur at postsynaptic densities of AMPA receptor-positive and -negative excitatory synapses in rat sensory cortexRobert B Levy
New York University Center for Neural Science, New York, New York 10003, USA
J Neurosci 22:5001-15. 2002..we used dual immunolabeling and electron microscopy to examine the distribution of alpha7nAChR relative to AMPAR (GluR1, GluR2, and GluR3 subunits combined) at excitatory synapses in somatosensory cortex of adult and 1-week-old rats...
- Regulated delivery of AMPA receptor subunits to the presynaptic membraneUrsula Schenk
CNR Institute of Neuroscience, Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Center of Excellence for Neurodegenerative Diseases, Department of Medical Pharmacology, Via Vanvitelli 32, 20129 Milano, Italy
EMBO J 22:558-68. 2003..We demonstrate that the AMPA receptor subunits GluR1 and GluR2 are expressed and organized in functional receptors in axonal growth cones of hippocampal neurons...
- Co-localization of AMPA receptor subunits in the nucleus of the solitary tract in the ratSue A Aicher
Neurological Sciences Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 505 NW 185th Ave, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
Brain Res 958:454-8. 2002..GluR2/3 was found at pre- and postsynaptic sites, and in astrocytic glia; while GluR1 was found primarily in small dendrites and spines...
- Subunit rules governing the sorting of internalized AMPA receptors in hippocampal neuronsSang Hyoung Lee
The Picower Center for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Neuron 43:221-36. 2004..The intracellular accumulation of GluR2 and GluR3 but not GluR1 is enhanced by AMPA, NMDA, or synaptic activity...
- Modulation of synaptic plasticity by antimanic agents: the role of AMPA glutamate receptor subunit 1 synaptic expressionJing Du
Laboratory of Molecular Pathophysiology, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 24:6578-89. 2004..dissimilar, antimanic agents lithium and valproate regulate synaptic expression of AMPA receptor subunit glutamate receptor 1 (GluR1)...
- Association of AMPA receptors with a subset of glutamate receptor-interacting protein in vivoM Wyszynski
Department of Neurobiology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Neurosci 19:6528-37. 1999..Collectively, these findings support a role for GRIP in the synaptic anchoring of AMPA receptors but also suggest that GRIP has additional functions unrelated to the binding of AMPA receptors...
- Molecular cloning and functional expression of glutamate receptor subunit genesJ Boulter
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, San Diego, CA 92138
Science 249:1033-7. 1990Three closely related genes, GluR1, GluR2, and GluR3, encode receptor subunits for the excitatory neurotransmitter glutamate...
- Cloning by functional expression of a member of the glutamate receptor familyM Hollmann
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037
Nature 342:643-8. 1989....
- The role of reelin in adult synaptic function and the genetic and epigenetic regulation of the reelin geneJonathan M Levenson
Galenea, Corp, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1779:422-31. 2008....
- Phosphorylation of the alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methylisoxazole4-propionic acid receptor GluR1 subunit by calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase IIA L Mammen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 272:32528-33. 1997..generated two phosphorylation site-specific antibodies to analyze the phosphorylation of the glutamate receptor GluR1 subunit. These antibodies recognize GluR1 only when it is phosphorylated on serine residues 831 or 845...
- Control of excitatory and inhibitory synapse formation by neuroliginsBen Chih
Department of Physiology and Cellular Biophysics, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Science 307:1324-8. 2005..Electrophysiological analysis revealed a predominant reduction of inhibitory synaptic function. Thus, neuroligins control the formation and functional balance of excitatory and inhibitory synapses in hippocampal neurons...
- Bidirectional synaptic plasticity regulated by phosphorylation of stargazin-like TARPsSusumu Tomita
Department of Physiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neuron 45:269-77. 2005..These results establish stargazin as a critical substrate in the bidirectional control of synaptic strength, which is thought to underlie aspects of learning and memory...
- A novel anterograde trafficking signal present in the N-terminal extracellular domain of ionotropic glutamate receptorsHouhui Xia
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94304, USA
J Biol Chem 277:47765-9. 2002..assembly and surface expression, we have epitope-tagged the N-terminal domain of the AMPA receptor subunit, GluR1, and expressed it in human embryonic kidney 293 cells and hippocampal neurons...
- Antibody specific for phosphorylated AMPA-type glutamate receptors at GluR2 Ser-696K Nakazawa
Laboratory for Synaptic Function, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Saitama, Japan
Neurosci Res 24:75-86. 1995..Another peptide containing Thr-692 of a rat GluRA, clone almost identical to GluR1, was phosphorylated by PKC but not by PKG...
- Presynaptic localization of an AMPA-type glutamate receptor in corticostriatal and thalamostriatal axon terminalsFumino Fujiyama
Department of Morphological Brain Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 20:3322-30. 2004..Immunoreactive gold particles for AMPA receptor subunits GluR1 and GluR2/3 were frequently found not only on postsynaptic but also on presynaptic profiles immunopositive for ..
- Glutamate receptor GluR-K1: structure, function, and expression in the brainM Hollmann
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 55:41-55. 1990
- Global ischemia-induced modifications in the expression of AMPA receptors and inflammation in rat brainSeveriano Dos-Anjos
Area de Biología Celular, Instituto de Biomedicina, Universidad de Leon, 24071, Leon, Spain
Brain Res 1287:20-7. 2009..We found outstanding decreases in GluR1 and GluR2 mRNA levels after global ischemia and 48 h reperfusion (I/R) in all the areas studied, however, protein ..
- A family of AMPA-selective glutamate receptorsK Keinanen
Laboratory of Molecular Neuroendocrinology, University of Heidelberg, F R G
Science 249:556-60. 1990....
- Chemokine receptor CXCR2 regulates the functional properties of AMPA-type glutamate receptor GluR1 in HEK cellsP Lax
Dipartimento di Fisiologia Umana e Farmacologia, Universita di Roma, Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, I00185, Rome, Italy
J Neuroimmunol 129:66-73. 2002..cells and cerebellar neurons to investigate whether CXC chemokine receptor 2 (CXCR2) is functionally coupled to GluR1. The co-expression of CXCR2 with GluR1 in HEK cells increased (i) the GluR1 "apparent" affinity for the ..
- Integrin-linked kinase is involved in cocaine sensitization by regulating PSD-95 and synapsin I expression and GluR1 Ser845 phosphorylationQiang Chen
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3870, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Mol Neurosci 40:284-94. 2010..with enhanced PSD-95 and synapsin I protein expression as well as enhanced Ser(845) phosphorylation of the GluR1 subunit on withdrawal day. Silencing ILK expression under both paradigms prevented or reversed these changes...
- The PDZ proteins PICK1, GRIP, and syntenin bind multiple glutamate receptor subtypes. Analysis of PDZ binding motifsHélène Hirbec
Department of Anatomy, Medical Research Council Centre of Synaptic Plasticity, Medical School, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:15221-4. 2002..syntenin with mGluR7a, mGluR4a, and mGluR6; (ii) PICK1 and GRIP with mGluR3; and (iii) syntenin with all forms of GluR1-4 and mGluR7b...
- Targeting of PKA to glutamate receptors through a MAGUK-AKAP complexM Colledge
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Vollum Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Neuron 27:107-19. 2000..studies indicate that phosphorylation of AMPA receptors is enhanced by a SAP97-AKAP79 complex that directs PKA to GluR1 via a PDZ domain interaction...
- Differential neuronal and glial expression of GluR1 AMPA receptor subunit and the scaffolding proteins SAP97 and 4.1N during rat cerebellar developmentJessica Douyard
Department of Physiology and Neurobiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 062693156, USA
J Comp Neurol 502:141-56. 2007..In this study we investigated by immunocytochemistry at the light and electron microscopy level the expression of GluR1 and its scaffolding proteins SAP97 (synapse-associated protein) and 4.1N during cerebellar development...
- Synapse-specific regulation of AMPA receptor subunit composition by activityKimberly J Harms
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 25:6379-88. 2005..However, silenced neurons could not recruit the AMPA-type glutamate receptor subunit GluR1 as efficiently when competing with active neighbors...
- Peptide binding and NMR analysis of the interaction between SAP97 PDZ2 and GluR-A: potential involvement of a disulfide bondLotta von Ossowski
Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences Division of Biochemistry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Biochemistry 45:5567-75. 2006Synaptic delivery of GluR-A (GluR1) subunit-containing glutamate receptors depends on a C-terminal type I PDZ binding motif in GluR-A. Synapse-associated protein 97 (SAP97) is the only PDZ domain protein known to associate with GluR-A...
- Differential localization of the GluR1 and GluR2 subunits of the AMPA-type glutamate receptor among striatal neuron types in ratsY P Deng
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
J Chem Neuroanat 33:167-92. 2007..We therefore used immunolabeling to assess the frequency and abundance of GluR1 and GluR2, the most common AMPA subunits in striatum, in the main striatal neuron types...
- Benzodiazepine withdrawal-induced glutamatergic plasticity involves up-regulation of GluR1-containing alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methylisoxazole-4-propionic acid receptors in Hippocampal CA1 neuronsJun Song
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Toledo College of Medicine, Health Science Campus Formerly Medical University of Ohio, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:569-81. 2007..As GluR1-containing AMPARs are critical for activity-dependent alterations in excitatory strength, we sought to determine ..
- Influence of environmental enrichment on steady-state mRNA levels for EAAC1, AMPA1 and NMDA2A receptor subunits in rat hippocampusJosefine Andin
Department of Neuroscience and Locomotion, Division of Geriatric Medicine, Linkopings Universitet, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Brain Res 1174:18-27. 2007....
- Differential regulation of dendrite complexity by AMPA receptor subunits GluR1 and GluR2 in motor neuronsRanjini Prithviraj
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Dev Neurobiol 68:247-64. 2008..of activation of AMPA receptors in dendritic outgrowth of spinal motor neurons by overexpression of two subunits, GluR1 and GluR2, and find that dendrite outgrowth is differentially controlled by expression of these subunits...
- Homeostatic regulation of AMPA receptor expression at single hippocampal synapsesQingming Hou
Department of Biology, Boston University, 5 Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:775-80. 2008..These results demonstrate the existence of synaptic specificity and the crucial role of AMPAR-gated calcium in homeostatic plasticity in central neurons...
- Additive regulation of GluR1 by stargazin and serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase isoform SGK3Nathalie Strutz-Seebohm
Department of Physiology I, University of Tuebingen, 72076, Tuebingen, Germany
Pflugers Arch 452:276-82. 2006..kinase isoform 3 (SGK3) and stargazin have both been shown to enhance the synaptic expression level of GluR1. The present study was performed to elucidate whether SGK3 and stargazin interact or are effective through ..
- Differential environmental exposure alters NMDA but not AMPA receptor subunit expression in nucleus accumbens core and shellDavid A Wood
Program in Neural Science, Department of Psychology, Indiana University, 1101 E Tenth Street, Bloomington, IN 47405 7007, USA
Brain Res 1042:176-83. 2005..this brain region, we assessed expression of the NR1 subunit of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor and the GluR1 subunit of the alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methylisoxazole-4-propionic acid (AMPA) receptor in the NAcc core and shell ..
- Numbers, densities, and colocalization of AMPA- and NMDA-type glutamate receptors at individual synapses in the superficial spinal dorsal horn of ratsMiklos Antal
Department of Anatomy, Histology, and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Medical and Health Science Center, University of Debrecen, H 4012 Debrecen, Hungary
J Neurosci 28:9692-701. 2008..99%) glutamatergic postsynaptic membranes expressed GluR2, and most of them (87%) were also immunoreactive for GluR1. The numbers of gold particles for pan-AMPA, NR1, and GluR2 subunits showed a linear correlation with the size of ..
- Long term synaptic depression that is associated with GluR1 dephosphorylation but not alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA) receptor internalizationKurtis D Davies
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Biol Chem 283:33138-46. 2008..However, phosphorylation of Ser-845 on the AMPA receptor subunit GluR1 was significantly decreased throughout the neuron, including in the synaptic membrane-enriched fraction...
- Role of GluR1 in activity-dependent motor system developmentLei Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neurology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 28:9953-68. 2008..In the spinal cord under normal circumstances, the AMPA receptor subunit GluR1 is expressed at high levels by motor neurons and surrounding interneurons during this critical developmental ..
- Expression of Group I metabotropic glutamate receptors on phenotypically different cells within the nucleus of the solitary tract in the ratJ R Austgen
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Neuroscience 159:701-16. 2009..1+/-0.08). Cells triple labeled for FG, nNOS, and Group I mGluRs were identified in the NTS. Thus, these data provide an anatomical substrate by which Group I mGluRs could modulate activity of CVLM projecting neurons in the NTS...
- AMPA, kainate, and NMDA receptor densities in the hippocampus of untreated male rats and females in estrus and diestrusNicola Palomero-Gallagher
Institute of Medicine, Research Center Julich, Germany
J Comp Neurol 459:468-74. 2003..These results further support that steroid hormones, through their modulation of AMPA and NMDA receptors, may be involved in the control of synaptic efficacy and, therefore, influence learning and memory...
- Flip and flop: a cell-specific functional switch in glutamate-operated channels of the CNSB Sommer
Laboratory of Molecular Neuroendocrinology, Center for Molecular Biology, University of Heidelberg, F R G
Science 249:1580-5. 1990..These results identify a switch in the molecular and functional properties of glutamate receptors operated by alternative splicing...
- Extinction-induced upregulation in AMPA receptors reduces cocaine-seeking behaviourMichael A Sutton
Division of Molecular Psychiatry and the Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nature 421:70-5. 2003..training during withdrawal from chronic cocaine self-administration induces experience-dependent increases in the GluR1 and GluR2/3 subunits of AMPA (alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionate) glutamate receptors in the ..
- AMPA-receptor GluR1 subunits are involved in the control over behavior by cocaine-paired cuesAndy N Mead
Department of Psychology, School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, UK
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:343-53. 2007..Here, we examine the consequences of targeted deletion of the gene encoding GluR1 subunits of AMPA receptors (gria1 knockouts (KO)) on cocaine self-administration and on the ability of cocaine-..
- Involvement of myosin Vb in glutamate receptor traffickingMarie France Lise
Department of Psychiatry, Brain Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:3669-78. 2006..populations and associates with the alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionate-type glutamate receptor subunit GluR1. In developing hippocampal neurons, expression of the tail domain of myosin Vb, but not myosin Va, ..
- Functional organization of the GluR1 glutamate receptor promoterK Borges
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 276:25929-38. 2001The GluR1 glutamate receptor subunit is expressed in most brain areas and plays a major role in excitatory synaptic transmission...
- Increased AMPA receptor GluR1 subunit incorporation in rat hippocampal CA1 synapses during benzodiazepine withdrawalParomita Das
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Toledo College of Medicine, Health Science Campus, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
J Comp Neurol 511:832-46. 2008..is also associated with a shift toward inward rectification of synaptic currents and increased expression of GluR1, but not GluR2, subunits, suggesting augmented membrane incorporation of GluR1-containing, GluR2-lacking AMPARs...
- Developmentally regulated expression of CaMKII and iGluRs in the rat retinaJin Xue
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 500 South Preston Street, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 138:61-70. 2002..The developmental pattern of AMPAR-GluR1 was similar to that of NMDAR-NR2B, with high expression at P5, and modest increases thereafter...
- Hybrid Drugs: Novel Pharmacotherapy for ADHDFRANK TARAZI; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- TRIGEMINAL PAIN PATHWAYSSue Aicher; Fiscal Year: 2007..Together the studies will determine the subcellular localization of glutamate receptors and MORs in trigeminal pathways that may be targets for new therapeutic strategies to control trigeminal pain. ..
- ANATOMICAL STUDIES OF BRAINSTEM CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEMSSue Aicher; Fiscal Year: 2007..In our previous studies of AMPA receptors we made a surprising discovery: the number of GluR1 receptor subunits significantly increases in NTS following the development of hypertension...
- Keeping CFTR in its Place: An Integrated Small-Molecule ApproachDEAN MADDEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Lay summary: In CF, genetic mutation prevents the CFTR protein from functioning correctly, leading to chronic lung infection and death. We seek chemicals that can correct this functional defect. ..
- Mechanisms of Synaptic Depression: Focus on Rap Signaling PathwaysJ Julius Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- TRIGEMINAL PAIN PATHWAYSSue Aicher; Fiscal Year: 2009..Other sources of ocular pain include dry eye, uveitis, and contact lens use. The studies in this proposal are designed to understand the neural pathways involved in transmitting pain from the cornea to the brain. ..
- Keeping CFTR in its Place: An Integrated Small-Molecule ApproachDean R Madden; Fiscal Year: 2010..Lay summary: In CF, genetic mutation prevents the CFTR protein from functioning correctly, leading to chronic lung infection and death. We seek chemicals that can correct this functional defect. ..
- Mechanisms of Synaptic Depression: Focus on Rap Signaling PathwaysJ Julius Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Synapse-specific Regulation of Transmission and Integration in the Barrel CortexJ Julius Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- TRIGEMINAL PAIN PATHWAYSSue A Aicher; Fiscal Year: 2010..Other sources of ocular pain include dry eye, uveitis, and contact lens use. The studies in this proposal are designed to understand the neural pathways involved in transmitting pain from the cornea to the brain. ..
- Mechanisms of Synaptic Depression: Focus on Rap Signaling PathwaysJ Julius Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2007..by examining electrophysiologically tagged recombinant AMPA-R-mediated currents, measuring synaptic responses in GluR1 and GluR2 knockout mice, as well as quantifying phosphorylated or active endogenous signaling molecules and ..
- Role of Rab proteins in AMPA receptor synaptic targetingJose Esteban; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that these basic studies on the molecular and cellular mechanisms of synaptic plasticity will contribute to further our understanding of the physiological processes and pathological alterations affecting cognitive function. ..
- TRIGEMINAL PAIN PATHWAYSSue Aicher; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Novel pharmacotherapies for treatment of ADHDFRANK TARAZI; Fiscal Year: 2003..Expected findings should evolve new principles and lead to novel compounds that can be used as much-needed innovative treatments for ADHD and other major neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- ANATOMICAL STUDIES OF BRAINSTEM CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEMSSue Aicher; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long-term goal of this project is to understand the cellular basis for receptor modulation of central autonomic neuronal activity. ..
- Norepinephrine Transporters: Targets for ADHDFRANK TARAZI; Fiscal Year: 2004..Expected findings should lead to novel compounds that can be developed as much needed innovative non-stimulant treatments for ADHD and other major neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Effects of antipsychotic drugs on brain and behaviorFRANK TARAZI; Fiscal Year: 2005..adult rats, and should evolve new principles for improved treatments for childhood-onset schizophrenia and other major pediatric psychiatric disorders. ..
- Synapse-specific Regulation of Transmission and Integration in the Barrel CortexJ Julius Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2010....