Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gpsm2
Description: G-protein signaling modulator 2
Alias: RGD1560967, G-protein-signaling modulator 2, G-protein signaling modulator 2 (AGS3-like, C. elegans), G-protein signalling modulator 2 (AGS3-like, C. elegans)
- Yariz K, Walsh T, Akay H, Duman D, Akkaynak A, King M, et al. A truncating mutation in GPSM2 is associated with recessive non-syndromic hearing loss. Clin Genet. 2012;81:289-93 pubmed publisher..By analysis of a consanguineous Palestinian family, GPSM2 was recently discovered to be the cause of autosomal recessive non-syndromic hearing loss DFNB82...
- Zhu J, Wen W, Zheng Z, Shang Y, Wei Z, Xiao Z, et al. LGN/mInsc and LGN/NuMA complex structures suggest distinct functions in asymmetric cell division for the Par3/mInsc/LGN and G?i/LGN/NuMA pathways. Mol Cell. 2011;43:418-31 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the Par3/mInsc/LGN and NuMA/LGN/G?i complexes play sequential and partially overlapping roles in asymmetric cell division. ..
- Yuzawa S, Kamakura S, Iwakiri Y, Hayase J, Sumimoto H. Structural basis for interaction between the conserved cell polarity proteins Inscuteable and Leu-Gly-Asn repeat-enriched protein (LGN). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:19210-5 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate, using mutant proteins, that mInsc-LGN interaction is vital for stabilization of LGN and for intracellular localization of mInsc. ..
- Bird S, Heald R, Weis K. RanGTP and CLASP1 cooperate to position the mitotic spindle. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:2506-14 pubmed publisher..Together our data suggest a model for mitotic spindle positioning in which RanGTP and CLASP1 cooperate to align the spindle along the long axis of the dividing cell. ..
- Chiu C, Monat C, Robitaille M, Lacomme M, Daulat A, Macleod G, et al. SAPCD2 Controls Spindle Orientation and Asymmetric Divisions by Negatively Regulating the GÎ±i-LGN-NuMA Ternary Complex. Dev Cell. 2016;36:50-62 pubmed publisher..These results uncover SAPCD2 as a key regulator of the ternary complex controlling spindle orientation during morphogenesis and asymmetric cell divisions. ..