Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gpd1
Description: glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase 1
Alias: GPDH, Gpd3, glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase [NAD(+)], cytoplasmic, GPD-C, GPDH-C, glycerol 3-phosphate dehydrogenase, glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase 1 (soluble), glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase [NAD+], cytoplasmic
- MacDonald M, Marshall L. Mouse lacking NAD+-linked glycerol phosphate dehydrogenase has normal pancreatic beta cell function but abnormal metabolite pattern in skeletal muscle. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2000;384:143-53 pubmed..Glycerol kinase is also absent in the pancreatic insulin cell, but this cell's function is essentially normal probably because of redundancy of NAD(H) shuttles. ..
- Mracek T, Pecinova A, Vrbacky M, Drahota Z, Houstek J. High efficiency of ROS production by glycerophosphate dehydrogenase in mammalian mitochondria. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2009;481:30-6 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate high efficiency of mGPDH-dependent ROS production in mammalian mitochondria with a low content of mGPDH and suggest its endogenous inhibition in BAT. ..
- Brown L, Koza R, Marshall L, Kozak L, MacDonald M. Lethal hypoglycemic ketosis and glyceroluria in mice lacking both the mitochondrial and the cytosolic glycerol phosphate dehydrogenases. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32899-904 pubmed
- Daikoku T, Shinohara Y, Shima A, Yamazaki N, Terada H. Dramatic enhancement of the specific expression of the heart-type fatty acid binding protein in rat brown adipose tissue by cold exposure. FEBS Lett. 1997;410:383-6 pubmed..Thus, the expressions of H-FABP and UCP may be controlled by the same mechanism. ..
- Brand I, Heinickel A. Key enzymes of carbohydrate metabolism as targets of the 11.5-kDa Zn(2+)-binding protein (parathymosin). J Biol Chem. 1991;266:20984-9 pubmed..The behavior of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase and glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase from this tissue could not be followed. A possible function of ZnBP in supramolecular organization of carbohydrate metabolism is proposed. ..
- Punkt K, Naupert A, Wellner M, Asmussen G, Schmidt C, Buchwalow I. Nitric oxide synthase II in rat skeletal muscles. Histochem Cell Biol. 2002;118:371-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the NOS II may be designated both as constitutive and inducible. ..
- Weitzel J, Shiryaeva N, Middendorff R, Balvers M, Radtke C, Ivell R, et al. Testis-specific expression of rat mitochondrial glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase in haploid male germ cells. Biol Reprod. 2003;68:699-707 pubmed..Our results indicate that rat mGPDH is expressed by a testis-specific promoter from haploid male germ cells in a stage-specific manner. ..
- Ying W. NAD+/NADH and NADP+/NADPH in cellular functions and cell death: regulation and biological consequences. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2008;10:179-206 pubmed..Future investigation into the metabolism and biological functions of NAD and NADP may expose fundamental properties of life, and suggest new strategies for treating diseases and slowing the aging process. ..
- Kozak L, Ratner P. Genetic regulation of translatable mRNA levels for mouse sn-glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase during development of the cerebellum. J Biol Chem. 1980;255:7589-94 pubmed