Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gnb1
Description: G protein subunit beta 1
Alias: guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(I)/G(S)/G(T) subunit beta-1, Guanine nucleotide-binding protein beta 1, guanine nucleotide binding protein (G protein), beta 1, guanine nucleotide binding protein (G protein), beta polypeptide 1, guanine nucleotide binding protein, beta 1, guanine nucleotide-binding protein, beta-1 subunit, transducin beta chain 1
- von Weizsäcker E, Strathmann M, Simon M. Diversity among the beta subunits of heterotrimeric GTP-binding proteins: characterization of a novel beta-subunit cDNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;183:350-6 pubmed..The predicted amino acid sequence of G beta 4 is 79% to 89% identical to the three previously known beta subunits. The diversity of beta gene products may be an important corollary to the functional diversity of G proteins. ..
- Hippe H, Lutz S, Cuello F, Knorr K, Vogt A, Jakobs K, et al. Activation of heterotrimeric G proteins by a high energy phosphate transfer via nucleoside diphosphate kinase (NDPK) B and Gbeta subunits. Specific activation of Gsalpha by an NDPK B.Gbetagamma complex in H10 cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:7227-33 pubmed..Gbetagamma complexes and which appears to contribute to the receptor-independent activation of heterotrimeric G proteins. ..
- Betty M, Harnish S, Rhodes K, Cockett M. Distribution of heterotrimeric G-protein beta and gamma subunits in the rat brain. Neuroscience. 1998;85:475-86 pubmed..The localizations of the G-protein beta and gamma subunits, and their potential coupling to various receptor/effector systems, are discussed. ..
- Lobanova E, Finkelstein S, Herrmann R, Chen Y, Kessler C, Michaud N, et al. Transducin gamma-subunit sets expression levels of alpha- and beta-subunits and is crucial for rod viability. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3510-20 pubmed publisher..They further suggest that the production of transducin beta-subunit without its constitutive gamma-subunit partner sufficiently stresses the cellular biosynthetic and/or chaperone machinery to induce cell death. ..
- Bowers M, Hopf F, Chou J, Guillory A, Chang S, Janak P, et al. Nucleus accumbens AGS3 expression drives ethanol seeking through G betagamma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:12533-8 pubmed publisher..AGS3 up-regulation during abstinence may be a key determinant of the transition from social consumption to compulsion-like seeking during relapse. ..
- Wang X, Funada M, Imai Y, Revay R, Ujike H, Vandenbergh D, et al. rGbeta1: a psychostimulant-regulated gene essential for establishing cocaine sensitization. J Neurosci. 1997;17:5993-6000 pubmed..Full, regulated rGbeta1 expression is a biochemical component essential to the establishment of a key consequence of repeated cocaine administrations, sensitization. ..
- Sato M, Jiao Q, Honda T, Kurotani R, Toyota E, Okumura S, et al. Activator of G protein signaling 8 (AGS8) is required for hypoxia-induced apoptosis of cardiomyocytes: role of G betagamma and connexin 43 (CX43). J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31431-40 pubmed publisher..Under hypoxic stress, this unrecognized response program plays a critical role in the fate of NCM. ..
- Aoyama C, Sugimoto H, Ando H, Yamashita S, Horibata Y, Sugimoto S, et al. The heterotrimeric G protein subunits G?(q) and G?(1) have lysophospholipase D activity. Biochem J. 2011;440:241-50 pubmed publisher..Clarification of the physiological relevance of lysoPLD activity of these proteins will need further studies. ..
- Sanada K, Tsai L. G protein betagamma subunits and AGS3 control spindle orientation and asymmetric cell fate of cerebral cortical progenitors. Cell. 2005;122:119-31 pubmed..Furthermore, our observations indicate that the cell-fate decision of daughter cells is coupled to mitotic-spindle orientation in progenitors. ..
- Song K, Peterson Y, Freidman A, Blumer J, Sato M, Lanier S. Identification and characterization of a G-protein regulatory motif in WAVE1. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:1993-8 pubmed..The docking of Gialpha within a WAVE1 scaffolding complex may facilitate dynamic cycling and/or targeting for efficient and localized control of actin polymerization. ..
- Stott J, Povstyan O, Carr G, Barrese V, Greenwood I. G-protein Î²Î³ subunits are positive regulators of Kv7.4 and native vascular Kv7 channel activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:6497-502 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that GÎ²Î³ subunits are fundamental for Kv7.4 activation and crucial for vascular Kv7 channel activity, which has major consequences for the regulation of arterial tone. ..